FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking of Sandra Cantu ... and how it was not any of the RSOs ...

Fascinating that Tuba thinks WLK is our guy, but I would have liked to read the reasoning.

Is WLK one of the SO's with unknown location? He's not the one in custody... correct?

I figure if no one minds, I'll move down to the Jury Room and start a thread for Proactive Strategies and Resources. If we can keep it productive, hopefully we'll get it stickied and keep moving forward on what actually works. I really believe that Somer may have been the final straw.

Schools usually don't let the little ones just go with out an adult, she was 7..:waitasec: unless they go by bus. :waitasec:

Really?

Here, students as young as 5 walk home alone. I don't think the school has any say in whether children leave with an adult or with other kids, do they?

Fascinating that Tuba thinks WLK is our guy, but I would have liked to read the reasoning.

Is WLK one of the SO's with unknown location? He's not the one in custody... correct?

WLK is listed at an address on Gano Ave. Per his registration, unless he absconded since I last checked.

Schools usually don't let the little ones just go with out an adult, she was 7..:waitasec: unless they go by bus. :waitasec:

Around here, they let the kindergarten students walk home. If there is no parent and no bus, they let them walk. The only ones that are fully supervised are the special needs students.

Really?

Here, students as young as 5 walk home alone. I don't think the school has any say in whether children leave with an adult or with other kids, do they?

I live in Florida and my children where not permitted to walk home if it was the middle of the day and they where sick without my permission but after school children walked home and still do by themselves.

The sad thing is, just the other day I was thinking about the kids in my neighborhood that walk and ride their bikes home and they are very young. Sometimes they purposly ride straight at my car playing chicken and sometimes they walk in a group in the middle of the road. I was thinking this is not safe and someone could grab one of them so easy. Kids have no clue they are so innocent. Its sad. Also, the same day I observed a cute little girl get off a bus while I was stopped. She started walking home and a car pulled up and she looked unsure while he was honking at her. But she ran over to the car and it gave me an uneasy feeling. Kids are also trusting and it's scary.

If a child is sick, they have to be picked up by a parent or other adult listed on a form in the office (I know because I am that adult for other kids).

ETA: I live in a small town but still cringe at the young kids I see walking by themselves.

She hasn't said. I just did his chart & it's very umm, interesting. He lives on Gano St.

Regarding the earlier discussion about whether the BF was at the vigil ... I just saw this:

They also sang "Jesus Loves Me" and "This Little Light of Mine" before the 34-year-old mother collapsed, overcome from the day’s developments. Surrounded by her family and boyfriend, she was carried back into their home as the crowd began singing "Amazing Grace."

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/n...g_since_monday_afternoon/srvc=home&position=5

I admire the strength of Somer's mother in her just concluded appearance before TV cameras but I have to say this: I am very bothered by the seeming trend of parents of missing/murdered child immediately voicing their intent of becoming missing child advocates. It just makes me feel uncomfortable, as if they are immediately moving on and not even giving the child their due of grief. It just reminds me too much of the Anthonys immediately deciding that advocacy was their calling before they even knew Caylee was dead. I do wish Somer's mother well in whatever she chooses to do.

I'm sure she doesn't want her precious daughter's death to be in vain. What ever it takes to help her overcome this heinous crime. More power to her!!!

My three and six year old have been taught to use every single tool, knock things off store shelves, scream, pee, cuss. ( I firmly believe that a three year old screaming "Get your f'ing hands off me, you SOB" will draw more attention than "This is not my mommy".

You, my friend, are a genius! I've just reviewed your protocol with my eight year old daughter.

I'm sure she doesn't want her precious daughter's death to be in vain. What ever it takes to help her overcome this heinous crime. More power to her!!!

My advice to her would be to just take care of herself before putting herself out there in another horrific situation.

Thread started in the jury room.
Tricia, if you have a second, pop in and make sure it's okay with you.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4327808#post4327808"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hoping for it to be a complete list of who to write to, what to say, and what needs to change.

My three and six year old have been taught to use every single tool, knock things off store shelves, scream, pee, cuss. ( I firmly believe that a three year old screaming "Get your f'ing hands off me, you SOB" will draw more attention than "This is not my mommy".

You, my friend, are a genius! I've just reviewed your protocol with my eight year old daughter.

Thanks - this is great!! Everyone would turn around or look to see what little child is swearing like that - great attention getter.

Not only was she snatched in broad daylight but also disposed of in a dumpster without detection. Tie that together. The house having one and the church near by is my guess.

OMGosh....I parked right where this reporter is standing talking about this home....I parked looking straight ahead at it while waiting on kids to walk home from school....I never even noticed that it was vacant.....GrannyL, this is right where we parked when we met on Tuesday morning......

Since my last post was right on the last page of the last thread, I wanted to be sure that it didn't get missed. I hope you all don't mind. It is extremely important to me that you all know what you're up against with these monsters who are ruining our innocent childrens lives. We're all in this together, and there is no better time than now to start with some sort of effort to get these off our streets!!!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #3

And if you're really want to research what "we" would be up against, I suggest you start here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_v._Louisiana

After reading your story I was fuming.
I do not want you to get into a legal problem,
But I would consider getting the addresses of all the kids in his classes and sending their moms a letter.
I am sure that will start them questioning the children, and hopefully one will take this case to present time. Since He seems to get away with things from the past.
Those SOB do not stop they just get better at their game.
But I do not want you to get locked up....I want you to see how you can implement this with out getting your self in a sling.
the case of JayCee found after 18 years has me seriously thinking about doing something too.
I am sure you will find much support to get something started.

Thank God your kid is doing well :dance:
But Some states are really bad in the amount of trouble that happens because of either missed opportunities,
or lax ed LE. lax-ed laws, etc.....
I wanted to open a thread here on all kinds of information we may gather for the families. And to help change laws.
I am thinking ................... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member