FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, I've made coffee in the nude a time or two:angel:

Don't make bacon nude, it'll lead to scars. :angel:

I think it's just sad, the next time a kid goes missing in Coffee Guy's area, we are going to dig him up, spend endless hours running down what he actually did, and since LE is now expected to speak with every RSO in the neighborhood, they will waste precious time and resources tracking him down to talk to him, just so they can truly say they questioned all of them.

hey guys! Just back from work.... I really had hoped there would be a break today. I hope LE are having things pan out for them! Thanks for all the great posts and updates!

I don't know whether to think that the killer planned for the body to end up at the dump (Planned it that way) or if it was luck on their part (dumpster just happened to be picked up that day).
The statement made by the perp by throwing her in the trash wouldn't change, but I would still like to know. It would help me to figure out how organized this guy is and whether we should be looking for similar cases and kids.
I can see a couple of scenarios along this line. 1) The perp lives in the neighborhood and knows when the trash will be collected, so he chooses to dispose of her body that way, and puts the body in the container immediately before pick up. 2) The perp doesn't live around there so he thinks by disposing of her in the trash it won't be linked back to him.

One of the dangers of disposing of a body in a dumpster, of course, is someone finding the body before the trash collection...especially if it's a dumpster that somebody might be diving through looking for recyclables (as seems to have happened in the Jasmine Fiore case). A person would have more control of their own trash container, however the risk of the crime being traced back to them is far greater if the body is discovered. I know some cities will have employees periodically drive through neighborhoods on collection day checking the recycling containers to make sure other garbage isn't in them before pick up! MOO

if you turn down Fromhart like you are turning into the park....there are picnic tables and woods on your right, on the left are ball fields,just past that is some sort of business, back in those woods...very odd place for a business....it is like used furniture, lamps, that kind of stuff, like a goodwill kind of....in one of those big aluminum buildings...very odd place for a business.....LE was having us turn around in that parking lot and park before going into the command center...
Are you talking about where the skate park is?

I thought Solomon dead ended. it doesn't. It dumps out on Kingsley. Right 'behind' the 1080 Gano house, where you see the small body of water on the map, is a public park with several outbuildings. There is nothing seperating this park from Solomon but trees and dirt, looks like to me. The parcel is listed vacant with no improvements. Remember the little boy said he saw Somer at the tanks? Maybe this was where she was headed? The tanks are at the 'head end' of Solomon. You can just make out the white cylidrical shape of them dead center at the top of the map. Oh, duh, and 1080 Gano appears on this county map as '20179'

KingsleyPark.jpg

Gano runs left to right at the top of this map. Kingsley is at the bottom. Solomon to the right is just outside the highlighted parcel. Then Miller further to the right, where you see Somer's school. Moving left from the highlighted area is Grove Park Ave, Rd, whatever. I get so confused.

thanks Shutterfly for that map....this is the house I thought....google map has it at 982 Gano.....

Due to privacy I guess, google maps is never 100% on the address you type in...you kind of have to play with it to get where you really want to go.

if you turn down Fromhart like you are turning into the park....there are picnic tables and woods on your right, on the left are ball fields,just past that is some sort of business, back in those woods...very odd place for a business....it is like used furniture, lamps, that kind of stuff, like a goodwill kind of....in one of those big aluminum buildings...very odd place for a business.....LE was having us turn around in that parking lot and park before going into the command center...

I think this guy possibly dumped her in a dumpster at one of those locations later that night, or very early hours of the morning, maybe even carried her thru the wooded areas to that location? one person here said he most likely knows when the trash is collected so I think he lives very near that area, the thought of placing her in a trash bin was a thought that she would never be found. in his mind it was more risky to transport her in a car, hey maybe he don't even have a car? if so then he could have taken her to almost any location and dumped her body?

anyone know how to find a business by its address only? 1216 Fromhart St. Orange Park, Florida ???

IMO, there is no reason to give a perp the name of a child in advance. This allows the perp to say "Hi Judy, your mom told me to pick you today". Because the perp knows the childs name the child thinks "Oh, it must be OK, they know my name". Not good, imo.
I get that, but for the most part....the child's name is spoken at any given point, it really doesn't take a sticker.

Would love to see if there are stats that show abducted children with names on their backpacks or cars, if they were in fact targeted simply for that fact.

Where would this person live to be able to see 1080 Gano? Directly across the street is the ball park, and the entrance to it is about a block long. Next door to the house being searched I saw two younger looking guys, kinda like punk rockers. This was to the right of that home if you are looking straight at it...I think there was a camper/small motor home of some sorts parked sideways in the front yard....

camper/small motorhome?

I thought Solomon dead ended. it doesn't. It dumps out on Kingsley. Right 'behind' the 1080 Gano house, where you see the small body of water on the map, is a public park with several outbuildings. There is nothing seperating this park from Solomon but trees and dirt, looks like to me. The parcel is listed vacant with no improvements. Remember the little boy said he saw Somer at the tanks? Maybe this was where she was headed? The tanks are at the 'head end' of Solomon. You can just make out the white cylidrical shape of them dead center at the top of the map. Oh, duh, and 1080 Gano appears on this county map as '20179'

KingsleyPark.jpg

Gano runs left to right at the top of this map. Kingsley is at the bottom. Solomon to the right is just outside the highlighted parcel. Then Miller further to the right, where you see Somer's school. Moving left from the highlighted area is Grove Park Ave, Rd, whatever. I get so confused.

that area marked as 20178 is that a lake or pond, wow, maybe she ran thru the woods there jmo and met up with someone hanging out there?

I think this guy possibly dumped her in a dumpster at one of those locations later that night, or very early hours of the morning, maybe even carried her thru the wooded areas to that location? one person here said he most likely knows when the trash is collected so I think he lives very near that area, the thought of placing her in a trash bin was a thought that she would never be found. in his mind it was more risky to transport her in a car, hey maybe he don't even have a car? if so then he could have taken her to almost any location and dumped her body?
I agree if the perp knew when the trash would be collected he probably thought her body would never be found and certainly wasn't counting on an ingenious LE detective following the garbage trucks. I would predict the perp is just a little scared at this point. MOO

Are you talking about where the skate park is?
I have no clue about a skate park being there. I am talking about the main road that goes into Orange Park Athletic Assoc.... to the right side of that road...

that area marked as 20178 is that a lake or pond, wow, maybe she ran thru the woods there jmo and met up with someone hanging out there?
But why would the perp just not leave her body in the pond or woods and instead choose to put her in someone's trash? I don't see that there would be any dumpsters in 20178. Or are you thinking the perp lives near that wooded/pond area? MOO

If you take Solomon from Kingsley, it dead ends into woods....if you take Solomon from Gano, it dead ends into woods....I was on a search team that searched this area, along with all of the woods around that big pond. We entered Solomon from Kingsley, then went thru the woods, and it was THICK woods, came out on Solomon off of Gano....

I have no clue about a skate park being there. I am talking about the main road that goes into Orange Park Athletic Assoc.... to the right side of that road...
Where there is a small building and a sign out front that is sitting on the ground like it is just leaning up against something, it has red writing and says "skaters only". The little building has a sign that says lamps...

If that is the building you are talking about there are skate board ramps behind it, half pipes I think they call them or something, made of wood

I so wish I knew how to post street views of maps....the address is 1216 Fromhart Street, Orange Park Florida, for anyone that could please do this....this place is back in the woods off to the right side of the main road leading into the ball park....

Teen boys might know that area really well I think.

(Thinking about that camper and the guys that were seen there.)

Where there is a small building and a sign out front that is sitting on the ground like it is just leaning up against something, it has red writing and says "skaters only". The little building has a sign that says lamps...
no, this is a big aluminum building, like warehouse buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member