FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
outta here now to go see the area, will report back later to your guys.....got the clothes all bagged up!!...LOL

Can someone point me to video with "stick man" - I have not seen him with my own eyes yet - TIA.

G'Morning EVERYONE...
Here you go:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4337582&postcount=307"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4337582&postcount=307[/ame]

Let me make sure I have this nailed down...
SP is at house, waiting for kids.
Boyfriend is at work, DT is at work.
SP is there when other kids, sans Somer, get home, and sends them back out to look.
He gets a call from boyfriend, SP tells boyfriend that Somer didn't come home and he sends text to DT, who leaves work and flags down LE.
Is that right, as we know it?

I think the last bit is the other way around.

DT called SP - he told her Sommer not home - DT contacts her boyfriend to leave work and look?

off to work... keep up the awesome sleuthing guys.

I hope when I get home there is news of an arrest!

America's Most Wanted' Host John Walsh Said Florida Community Has Reason to Be Fearful

By SARAH NETTER
Oct. 26, 2009

The person who killed 7-year-old Somer Thompson may have preyed on children before, making the search for the second-grader's murderer that much more urgent, police say.

"The sheriff and I both feel that it's a predator who has probably done it before," Walsh, who has been following Somer's case since she disappeared last week, told "Good Morning America" today.

more at the link - including Walsh hoping a predator has not come out of retirement.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/justice-somer-thompson-predator-killed/story?id=8915179
---------------------------------------

This is a little confusing to me. Is John Walsh saying that he thinks the child disappearances in Jacksonville are linked to this case? Is that why some people are looking at older men?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/justice-s...out 20 years ago that has never been solved."

The police report says Somer was seen walking west on Gano Rd near the intersection of Grove Park,seen with a group of kids.Who were these kids?

Justice for Somer Thompson: Predator May Have Killed Before

"America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh said county Sheriff Rick Beseler is "looking very hard at certain people.

"The sheriff and I both feel that it's a predator who has probably done it before," Walsh, who has been following Somer's case since she disappeared last week, told "Good Morning America" today.

He pointed to a string of four child disappearances in the Jacksonville area about 20 years ago that has never been solved.

"I would hate to think this is a serial child killer who has raised it's ugly head," Walsh said, noting that it's not unusual for such a predator to come out of "retirement."

Plus has GMA video
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-killer-serial-child-predator/Story?id=8915179&page=1

I think that they are definitely hinting that it could be a serial. I don't think Somer was a serial vic, although I have no reason for it, just a gut feeling.
If they really believe that, though, why no public announcements to keep doors locked and kids under close supervision? Or maybe they don't want to alarm the public too much?

Shutterfly, You are a GENIUS!!! Now that I am awake and looking on my actual PC, I looked at the BING map you posted last night. I started to think that I bet she took a short cut down the street that dead ends with the shed and finds a way to pop back out onto Debarry. However, you took it to another level completely!!!!! :woohoo: Going back to catch up now!

Certainly sounds like they think its a serial child/killer to me. Wonder if the perp has been in prison and was released recently?

Justice for Somer Thompson: Predator May Have Killed Before

"America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh said county Sheriff Rick Beseler is "looking very hard at certain people.

He pointed to a string of four child disappearances in the Jacksonville area about 20 years ago that has never been solved.

"I would hate to think this is a serial child killer who has raised it's ugly head," Walsh said, noting that it's not unusual for such a predator to come out of "retirement."

Plus has GMA video
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-killer-serial-child-predator/Story?id=8915179&page=1

The information about a possible connection to other missing Florida children explains the digging equipment rolling in during the search at 1080 Gano....

Hearing about the heaving machinery on site gave me a sense the LE are thinking of a BIGGER picture.

IMO.

Lmao Not yet.. If I had his phone number I could call and wake him up. I am sure he is sleeping now. lol I will let you know when or if I hear from him..

Yo MommaD :)

Welllllll, have you heard anything yet?? LOL HE must be up by now!

Just catching up....sorry if you've already reported on your reply from Ryan Hughes.

Kinda chompin at the bit for more info on "Kyle"

Tarabull.

---------------------------------------

This is a little confusing to me. Is John Walsh saying that he thinks the child disappearances in Jacksonville are linked to this case? Is that why some people are looking at older men?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/justice-s...ool untill I heard he wasn't around any more.

Maybe there is something about the way in which Somer was killed that is leading them to the serial idea. The same as in some past crimes?

At the beginning of that video, do we know who the guy on the left is beside the reporter?

He looks a lot like WLK.

vid.png

Good morning. Just came in for a few minutes to catch up.

That post by BSU sure was random. If someone knew for sure who did this, why would they join websleuths to post a cryptic message like that and then run.

Why not go to LE with it.

I get a feeling this person was just trying to stir the pot. Sad.

I am still willing to look at video. On the Billings Murder case there were a few people that were spouses of LE who would throw us bones about the happenings on the inside!!!

Maybe there is something about the way in which Somer was killed that is leading them to the serial idea. The same as in some past crimes?

That is what I was thinking as it is highly unusual to put out there even a "child killer" let alone mention the word "serial killer". Also J. Walsh also mentioned there are about 100,000 SO's that have parole violations and this person could be from outside of Florida. I am sure they are looking for similar abductions & murders in other states as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli