Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very much, it is more like a powder. I have never been a fan of yeast flakes, "fake parm cheese". But this is really yummy.

Of course, not like tons of mozzarella and parmesan. But less fat, calories.

I don't like nutritional yeast (but a lot of people do - it has a cheesy flavor, sort of). But I love Bragg's Liquid Aminos. It is a sort of soy sauce. Great umami flavor. I use it in place of cheese all the time - on top of eggs, steamed veggies, etc.

I made the turkey lasagna today. It turned out good. I was using the no boil noodles. I felt it needed a bit more sauce so I opened a can. I thought it was tomato sauce or pasta sauce. It was tomatoes! Oh well I tossed them in there anyway. I forgot the zucchini and squash. I was going to steam them and add to the laters. Next time.

My friend is stopping by for pear bread. Since you know, I made a huge pile of it yesterday. LOL!

Attachments

• BD40F406-6CA9-4521-B849-F40772FF469C.jpeg
    BD40F406-6CA9-4521-B849-F40772FF469C.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 17
I made the turkey lasagna today. It turned out good. I was using the no boil noodles. I felt it needed a bit more sauce so I opened a can. I thought it was tomato sauce or pasta sauce. It was tomatoes! Oh well I tossed them in there anyway. I forgot the zucchini and squash. I was going to steam them and add to the laters. Next time.

My friend is stopping by for pear bread. Since you know, I made a huge pile of it yesterday. LOL!

Well, that looks really good while I'm sitting here eating my really boring chinesey cabbage salad from TJs. :)

I'd love a loaf of your pear bread!

I'd love a loaf of your pear bread!
You better hurry and get here! I'm down to 8 mini loaves and 1/2 the big loaf. I need to reorganize my freezer for this extra lasagna and bread.

I gave 4 to my friend along with 4 squares of lasagna so she could share dinner with her elderly Dad. He's 86 or 88 and he loves lasagna. She said he was only getting 1 mini loaf tho, the other 3 were hers. Haha!

You better hurry and get here! I'm down to 8 mini loaves and 1/2 the big loaf. I need to reorganize my freezer for this extra lasagna and bread.

I gave 4 to my friend along with 4 squares of lasagna so she could share dinner with her elderly Dad. He's 86 or 88 and he loves lasagna. She said he was only getting 1 mini loaf tho, the other 3 were hers. Haha!

Ah, that's lovely that you are sharing your yummy food with them and others!

Day Three of Mr. Mickey's vegan conversion...he had Cajun Jambalaya, no oil, no flour...lots of fresh veggies, Field Roast Cajun sausage, over garlic riced cauliflower.

He asked for 2nd helping. He has no clue.

Yesterday was Vegan Pad Thai.

I don't like nutritional yeast (but a lot of people do - it has a cheesy flavor, sort of). But I love Bragg's Liquid Aminos. It is a sort of soy sauce. Great umami flavor. I use it in place of cheese all the time - on top of eggs, steamed veggies, etc.
We have been using Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, my daughter introduced me to it. At first I thought the name sounded like a chemistry experiment but I really like the taste.

Me again with another soup, free styled this one but it was a success. Sweated off a butternut squash, a courgette, 2 red onions and a carrot. Added 1 teaspoon of turmeric, and half a teaspoon of chilli flakes. Then 1litre of chicken stock. Simmered for 20 mins then blended, and then added 150g bag of kale. Simmered for a few minutes and finally blended very lightly with hand blender, I wanted some kale chunk for texture !

Attachments

• 20220403_194035.jpg
    20220403_194035.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 20
I wish someone would make a cat food called, “Just Gravy.” Because that is the only part my cat eats, she just licks the gravy off the food.

Also, it needs to be a prescription cat food because she is on a urinary diet.

I’m paying $2 per can for prescription cat food and she only eats the gravy.

I wish someone would make a cat food called, “Just Gravy.” Because that is the only part my cat eats, she just licks the gravy off the food.

Also, it needs to be a prescription cat food because she is on a urinary diet.

I’m paying $2 per can for prescription cat food and she only eats the gravy.

Our cat had the same problem, and I started making him his food in the Instant Pot, chicken thighs, then I ground them up in the food processor with a cat food supplement that had all of the correct vitamins for cats.

He loved it. I portioned it out in ice cube trays and heated it up in the microwave for him.

You may want to look into making the food yourself. It doesn't take long, one batch a month is pretty easy.

Our cat had the same problem, and I started making him his food in the Instant Pot, chicken thighs, then I ground them up in the food processor with a cat food supplement that had all of the correct vitamins for cats.

He loved it. I portioned it out in ice cube trays and heated it up in the microwave for him.

You may want to look into making the food yourself. It doesn't take long, one batch a month is pretty easy.
I will look into it. I made homemade dog food for several years, for my two older dogs who had gotten very picky.

It is kind of comical to watch her lick every bit of gravy off each individual piece of food.

I have the same problem with gravy-licking cats! I have to chuck out all the dry grey lumps when they're finished. We're limited in the catfood we can buy for them since the types they like mostly vanished from the shop shelves in the last year. They weren't this picky before. Occasionally we find a kind they will eat properly but it's always a struggle. At least they have dry food too.

I have the same problem with gravy-licking cats! I have to chuck out all the dry grey lumps when they're finished. We're limited in the catfood we can buy for them since the types they like mostly vanished from the shop shelves in the last year. They weren't this picky before. Occasionally we find a kind they will eat properly but it's always a struggle. At least they have dry food too.
I order my pet food from Chewy now, I have it on a monthly auto ship so I get an extra 5% off. My cats are on a prescription diet, and even the vet’s office can’t get it now.

One cat has no problem eating the food, he licks the bowl clean. But Miss Picky carefully licks the gravy off each piece.

Just one more cat food gravy post, with apologies to those who are tired of reading about cat food gravy. I bought a set of silicone spatulas on Amazon that are specifically designed to get every last drop of gravy out of cat food cans. They really work!

They would also be good for getting human food out of cans and jars too.

Attachments

• CAE4B9E6-B3A4-4EDD-BC28-208771834F14.jpeg
    CAE4B9E6-B3A4-4EDD-BC28-208771834F14.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 13
I order my pet food from Chewy now, I have it on a monthly auto ship so I get an extra 5% off.
I do autoship from Chewy too, at least for wet cat food. (I buy fancy kibble locally). So far no shortages.

I've been ordering a Friskies mix that all 3 cats seem to like (pate) but now I want to boycot Friskies as they are a Nestle company and Nestle has declined to pull business out of Russia.

So recently I happened to be in a Petsmart buying kitty litter and I bought some other brands of wet food to try. If they like them, I'll see if I can switch my Chewy order to those brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Venable