For love or money?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone gotten anything back from the Seagull newsletter email campaign?

Well, I just wanted to let ya'll know that I emailed my letter. I sure hope I hear something back because I put a lot of time and effort into writing and outlining the case.

Just a suggestion to ya'll that are considering writing please be sure to include information about the scholarship fund that Janet's family has set up in her name. I think it's important that their readership know about the embezzlement charges and the fund that Janet's family supports.

hmmmm .... if I don't hear something within the next day or so, I just may have to break out my calling card.

Was anyone able to check on the trust fund? I thought that someone was going to call the credit union earlier this week. Just wondering if anything was uncovered about who can remove funds.

Plus, any responses from The Seagull?

Jenifred said:
Was anyone able to check on the trust fund? I thought that someone was going to call the credit union earlier this week. Just wondering if anything was uncovered about who can remove funds.

Plus, any responses from The Seagull?
IT'sME posted :06/07/05

I just got off the phone with the credit union and was told that the grandpa is the administrator of the fund. The girl that answered the phone called him Boyton or something like that. Her exact words were, "Oh I know....Boyton....the grandpa." So, I'm not sure who this is, but that's what I was told. I'll call again later to see if I can get a full name of the administrator.

..followed by SES:06/07/05

Someone called the CU in Utah to see who the administrator is on the trust fund... they were told the grandfather (meaning Kaiden's grandfather). And it SOUNDS like Bolton, which I assume would be Jim Bolton, Raven's step-dad.

............so, it does sound like raven's step-father ( bolten ) IS the administrator of the fund.....makes sense....he is an electrician..........and the utah fund is set up @ the IBEW credit union...( international brotherhood of electrical workers)

...pretty shady if you ask me..
...a "fund" , set up in janets name.........alegedly to benefit kaiden......set up by raven's cousins...........reaching out to all sorts of church members in various wards in the west.....administered by his mother's husband........therefore: any $$$$'s received could be potentially going straight to raven ?

...and no................i sent an email to the 'seagull' ...........have not rec'd a response....

SouthEastSleuth said:
So that must be Raven's step-dad, Jim Bolton. Interesting. I was hoping the CU itself might be the administrator.
Someone might have mentioned this already but if the person on the phone said off the top of her head "the grandpa", and it is Raven's step-dad, it sounds like the fund IS set up for Kaiden. (At least as far as the people at the bank know.) So it would probably be good to find out what types of guidelines they have on those types of accounts.

There should only be ONE memorial fund for Kaiden which was the first one established in her honor and memory.

I know the good intentions are there, but if a memorial fund was established for Kaiden ( by family ) then why would ANY other memorial fund in another state be necessary???

That is my :twocents:

NCBanker said:
We had a beautiful baby girl! She weighed 7lbs. 1oz. and is 19" long. Mom and baby are doing well, though things are crazy at home with dad watching the other 2 little ones!
Congratulations on your new little girl, NCBanker!!! :)

surf_moon_stars said:
There should only be ONE memorial fund for Kaiden which was the first one established in her honor and memory.

I know the good intentions are there, but if a memorial fund was established for Kaiden ( by family ) then why would ANY other memorial fund in another state be necessary???

That is my :twocents:
s_m_s--There are two memorial funds set up. One at SVU as a scholarship fund for a women's soccer player (as I remember). This is the one that I was told by an employee at SVU that Janet's family endorses.

The other "memorial fund" is set up in Utah. This is the one that we are unclear where the funds can go. Raven's family seems to have set this one up. It's not specifically for Kaiden or Kaiden's future. It is just there to collect money, for what, we don't know and we have been trying to find out. And this is the key. Is this just play money for Raven? Is this really for Kaiden? And why would Kaiden even need a fund to alleviate his future if he's got a father that should be able to work? These are the questions that we need to find out. I personally would also like to know when this "fund" was established. Because the closer and closer to Janet's death that it was set up, the more suspicious I become.

There's lots that has been posted about this and I know it's hard to weed through the posts. Hope this helps.

I found this article for banks when setting up these types of accounts. It suggests that it is mostly up to the bank to trust the individual setting up the account to do with the money what is promised. I would assume that Kaiden's name is on the account & his grandpa is just the administrator. Since Kaiden is too young to take out any money, I would imagine that it would be solely his grandpa's decision on where the funds would go. Maybe the account was set up in Utah because Raven has friends and family there. Or, maybe Arizona & California have “statutory support trust” laws that govern these types of accounts where Utah doesn't. Of course, I have not been able to verify this yet. Also, I imagine the IBEW CU is quite small in SLC so they probably know Jim Bolton quite well and it was probably easy to establish. Of course this is all just me thinking........

http://www.bankersonline.com/operations/donations.html

ItsMe said:
Also, I imagine the IBEW CU is quite small in SLC so they probably know Jim Bolton quite well and it was probably easy to establish. Of course this is all just me thinking........
Good points, ItsMe--and thanks for the article. Perhaps it was Mr. Bolton's personal CU. Perhaps they offrered to set it up free of charge.

Still difficult for me to give the benefit of the doubt ... :confused:

juliagoulia said:
Good points, ItsMe--and thanks for the article. Perhaps it was Mr. Bolton's personal CU. Perhaps they offrered to set it up free of charge.

Thank you so much Jenifred, Itsme and juliagoulia.....

I appreciate the information, and the above from all three of you leads me feeling the same way about why in UT etc.

The next court date is right around the corner, and if he is "lucky" enough to get off with a slap on the wrists for the embezzlement charges, a fine and/ or community service, would he FINALLY break his silence about Janet???

It sounds like Raven has made "UT" part of his plans for his future if or when this court case ends

As nice as the gesture was for this account to be set up in UT, if I were still residing in another state, I would request that the account be set up in NC as this still is his place of residence. Just my thought on that...

Is Raven working right now, does anyone know if he is still employed with the same company? (Wasn't this job paid on commission?)
NOTE: I have to go review, as I think that is what I read, and I am sorry if I made a mistake on that info.

I sure hope he is "not thinking" this memorial fund was provided for Kaiden and him, then I would be very sad about that.

I sure hope that we do hear something soon, as I am thinking of Janet's family and Kaiden daily.

Thank you all for accepting me into this thread, as I feel quite honored to be able to help out in any way I can....I am honored to share my support and a voice for Janet, and I would like to see Justice is absolutely served.....

Happy Weekend to each of you

juliagoulia said:

Actually, I don't know of any banks that charge. The person on the account can spend it any way they want. The donors can only hope that their money is being spent on the right thing. Whenever I donate, I like to donate directly to the place, i.e., when helping with funeral costs, I donate directly to the funeral home, when helping with hospital bills, I donate directly to the hospital toward the bill, etc. I do not like donating directly to a bank account when I don't know what the money is being spent on. It could be being spent on a lying, cheating, embezzler, possible murderer. The nice people donating to the Utah fund have no assurance of what their hard earned money is being spent on!

ewwwinteresting said:
Actually, I don't know of any banks that charge. The person on the account can spend it any way they want. The donors can only hope that their money is being spent on the right thing. Whenever I donate, I like to donate directly to the place, i.e., when helping with funeral costs, I donate directly to the funeral home, when helping with hospital bills, I donate directly to the hospital toward the bill, etc. I do not like donating directly to a bank account when I don't know what the money is being spent on. It could be being spent on a lying, cheating, embezzler, possible murderer. The nice people donating to the Utah fund have no assurance of what their hard earned money is being spent on!
........it IS mind boggling............that a fund set up in utah..........by raven's cousins.........(in arizona ).........adinistered by the grandfather....in janet's name..........to benefit kaiden.........is accesible by raven?

...how many good and decent people in the church on the west coast, have donated to this fund, based on the original "seagull article"?

...if the fund is in fact FOR kaiden...and untouchable until he's of college age...then why ? raven is young...healthy.........and capable of getting a JOB............supporting his son...........

...the memorial scholarship set up by janet's family @ SVU is admirable..........this one set up in utah is questionable.....

ItsMe said:
I found this article for banks when setting up these types of accounts. It suggests that it is mostly up to the bank to trust the individual setting up the account to do with the money what is promised. I would assume that Kaiden's name is on the account & his grandpa is just the administrator. Since Kaiden is too young to take out any money, I would imagine that it would be solely his grandpa's decision on where the funds would go. Maybe the account was set up in Utah because Raven has friends and family there. Or, maybe Arizona & California have “statutory support trust” laws that govern these types of accounts where Utah doesn't. Of course, I have not been able to verify this yet. Also, I imagine the IBEW CU is quite small in SLC so they probably know Jim Bolton quite well and it was probably easy to establish. Of course this is all just me thinking........

http://www.bankersonline.com/operations/donations.html

It is my understanding that the account in Utah was set up in the name of Janet Abaroa as a "memorial fund." This fund was established within a day of her murder? By Raven's family. The account is not in Kaiden's name. The funds are at the discretion of the user. Mr. Jim Bolten? To set up a fund in Kaiden's name a ss# for Kaiden would have been necessary.

Moxie said:
It is my understanding that the account in Utah was set up in the name of Janet Abaroa as a "memorial fund." This fund was established within a day of her murder? By Raven's family. The account is not in Kaiden's name. The funds are at the discretion of the user. Mr. Jim Bolten? To set up a fund in Kaiden's name a ss# for Kaiden would have been necessary.
Set up within a day of the murder? Goodness that was quick.

I thought that someone was going to call the bank to see about who can withdrawal funds, etc. Any word yet?

Jenifred said:
Set up within a day of the murder? Goodness that was quick.
One word: Opportunist! Obviously announcing it in NC and VA didn't bring enough money (maybe because those people KNEW Raven)....so family goes to AZ and CA where no one knows Raven or knew him when he was little.....gee how convienent!

Jenifred said:
I thought that someone was going to call the bank to see about who can withdrawal funds, etc. Any word yet?
The person(s) that can withdrawal funds are the ones on the signature card. I highly doubt the bank will tell anybody who is on the signature card since it is private information. The account can be named the Janet Abaroa Memorial Fund and the Administrators can be set up to be anybody. James Bolton can be the Administrator or Co-Administrator with Raven or his mother. Any of the named Administrators can withdraw funds and do whatever they want with it!

lauriej said:
........it IS mind boggling............that a fund set up in utah..........by raven's cousins.........(in arizona ).........adinistered by the grandfather....in janet's name..........to benefit kaiden.........is accesible by raven?

...how many good and decent people in the church on the west coast, have donated to this fund, based on the original "seagull article"?

...if the fund is in fact FOR kaiden...and untouchable until he's of college age...then why ? raven is young...healthy.........and capable of getting a JOB............supporting his son...........

...the memorial scholarship set up by janet's family @ SVU is admirable..........this one set up in utah is questionable.....
You are so right on lj! There is plenty of time to support Kaiden's college fund. Raven can actually work. It is most likely Raven will remarry and they will have two incomes that can support Kaiden. Throwing Kaiden's name out there to drum up sympathy is pathetic. It's not like Raven had to pay for the funeral or is paying rent or doesn't have a family that can help support him or Kaiden lost both parents. But why do that when they can just beg for free money?

ewwwinteresting said:
You are so right on lj! There is plenty of time to support Kaiden's college fund. Raven can actually work. It is most likely Raven will remarry and they will have two incomes that can support Kaiden. Throwing Kaiden's name out there to drum up sympathy is pathetic. It's not like Raven had to pay for the funeral or is paying rent or doesn't have a family that can help support him or Kaiden lost both parents. But why do that when they can just beg for free money?

Well, EI you do realize that Raven is hampered with an extremely high level of debt. Oh wait, he created that mess himself. I think he's filed on a life insurance claim and is trying to sustain until a payout by begging. Damn those insurance companies for not paying out to suspected murderers. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back