Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the reason this case was solved was because the good people of Lafayette, Church Point, Cajun Country and the entire U.S. and even the world got together and decided that everyone's opinion was valuable and they were going to lean on BSL and ALL his associates until the body was found. I think that this case should be the first and famous case where the internet was actually used as a tool and that a community of people who cared contributed their brain power to resolve a murder and pressure a criminal to confess. We will never know who ultimately influenced BS Lavergne to confess -- was it the lawyers? The girlfriend? The mother? To me, it was a very fascinating state of the art tool -- the goodness of human beings. Fascinating.

I agree...the goodness of human beings.
But, I do think we will find out what caused BSL to confess. And I would bet it wasn't his goodness.

Thank you CajunLady, the map helps us non locals get an idea of the different directions he was driving.
What do you think of the L?

I think that just might be a coincidence. Who knows with him. But it just adds another parish/county to the whole equation. Making it harder to piece things together. He knew what he was doing and obviously had it well thought out IMO.

7 am seems like an odd time for a confession. If his lawyers were going to tell le wouldn't they have made an appt to go in and have a meeting?
I have no idea but seems to me that is how they would do it and 7am is an unusual meeting time.
If bsl confessed on his own, I don't know 7am seems odd for that too.
If it was an accomplice...7am? ..maybe

I was not a fly on the wall, but here is the scenario that I envisioned. Someone close to BSL (brother, ex-girlfriend, mother, whoever) let BSL know that they had a solid case against him both in these two crimes and probably others. It is a small town, pressure was intense. I imagine last night through a phone call or a personal visit or whatever BSL was told it was the end of the line and for his own family's sake to tell his story in the morning. I imagine he thought about it overnight and in the morning did what was planned the night before.

I also think part of the bargaining behind the scenes was the fact that L/E would say "he acted alone". I have no proof of this but I believe this is a logical scenario. Just my opinion and I base it only on instinct.

When I finally stopped shaking and crying
I realized I was effin angry!
Our "JUSTICE system" is a joke
They wanted to put my dad away for ten years for stealing a lawn mower and returning it,
Yet this evil *advertiser censored* was released upon us
Upon our children
Who's fault is it really?
Something has to change!
We will rally!
Mickeys law
Justice for all of us.
Why do killers have more rights than my two little girls?

Attachments

• slide_225813_1006674_free.jpg
    slide_225813_1006674_free.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 67
Didn't Mickey's father already say that he didn't want LE to bargain with BL for the whereabouts of Mickey's remains (if she was deceased)?

I believe he did. That was then. This is now. I think Families first rule with their heads (as best they can) Then the heart catches up and they just want their loved one back :moo:

The L is coincidence in MO. if it was planned he would have placed the truck along the L shape somewhere.

That's probably so!! Seems to me he had a lot of unplanned things happen to him and wouldn't have been thinking that clearly. He certainly didn't plan on a sweet & brave little angel on a bike :rose:, tearing in to him. IMO.

Wanted to share a scripture passage that made a profound impression on my soul 10 years ago when I lost my (young) friend -

"The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and no torment will ever touch them. In the eyes of the foolish they seem to have died, and their departure from us to be their destruction; but they are at peace. The righteous, though they die early, will be at rest. For old age is not honored for length of time, or measured by number of years. Being perfected in a short time, they fulfilled long years; for their souls were pleasing to the Lord, therefore he took them quickly from the midst of wickedness."
~Wisdom 3:1-3. 4:7-8, 13-14.

Prayers and love to all of Mickey's friends and loved ones tonight, and to the Lavergne family, all who have been equally helpless in the midst of wickedness.

It is almost beyond comprehension that a person can be riding their bike one moment, and find themselves in a struggle for their life with a monster, the next. As much as I would like to think she was able to fight a while and injure him, I would much rather imagine she lost consciousness very quickly. It is too horrible to even imagine that she was alive and aware for more than a few minutes.

I totally agree with you - thanks for putting it so succinctly. Such a horrible last memory for Mickey. She had her whole life ahead of her and this beast horrifically snuffed it out.

The next news will be a plea to save him from the DP. After Mickey is properly laid to rest, I never want to hear or read his name again. I hope he just disappears. Prayers are with the Shunicks always.

This thought has been going thru my head ever since we saw and discussed BSL possibly having injuries and it being known Mickey carried items of protection. I'm glad she fought back. I think she royally screwed up what he thought was an easy plan. I'm so proud of her as she saved further victims. It terrifies me the wrath she may have suffered by infuriating him. It pains me to type it but hoping getting it off my chest makes it go away.

Would it make you feel better to know that little girl fought like a little hellion? Because, let me tell you...She did. She did it with a violence that sent a grown man (who was double her weight and with military experience to boot) to a hospital twice. She caused damage and, on her weigh to being a victim, marked him up like a bad calf caught in a tangle of barbed wire.

She's a hero, in so many ways.

If it is in fact MS, I am so disappointed in KATC for backtracking and making everyone crazy!! They are a bunch of flunkies who fall to the pressure of local politics, and they always have been...

On another note, I can not begin to imagine what this young lady went through fighting for her life, or what her parents went through wondering about their baby girl... May you all now have peace. God Bless

--

FYI- Blue Rolfes the news director at KLFY (10) is married to Dee Stanley who is the CAO of Lafayette Parish Government. He was onsite at WB the night TES was out there at 3 in the morning.

Mr. Stanley gave the "scoop" to his wife. I'm sure she cooked a great meal for him tonite. <modsnip>

Personally, I'll take KATC over the other almost any day of the week!

Would it make you feel better to know that little girl fought like a little hellion? Because, let me tell you...She did. She did it with a violence that sent a grown man (who was double her weight and with military experience to boot) to a hospital twice. She caused damage and, on her weigh to being a victim, marked him up like a bad calf caught in a tangle of barbed wire.

Yes and i believe she did. Yes she is a hero. It was just tough at times to think how she may have suffered. Sometimes just saying it here makes it just go away and i can concentrate on Mickey as a person and a hero.

Wanted to share a scripture passage that made a profound impression on my soul 10 years ago when I lost my (young) friend -

"The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and no torment will ever touch them. In the eyes of the foolish they seem to have died, and their departure from us to be their destruction; but they are at peace. The righteous, though they die early, will be at rest. For old age is not honored for length of time, or measured by number of years. Being perfected in a short time, they fulfilled long years; for their souls were pleasing to the Lord, therefore he took them quickly from the midst of wickedness."
~Wisdom 3:1-3. 4:7-8, 13-14.

Prayers and love to all of Mickey's friends and loved ones tonight, and to the Lavergne family, all who have been equally helpless in the midst of wickedness.

Very beautiful and appropriate words indeed - thank you for sharing this with us dear ashola_nola x :rose:

Tania Dall / Eyewitness News
Email: tdall@wwltv.com | Twitter: @taniadall
VILLE PLATTE, La. -- Lafayette police believe a body found in a grave site is believed to be that of missing college student Mickey Shunick.
Detecitves discovered the body, along with clothing and jewelry, Tuesday. Authorities say they were tipped off to a graveyard site at a private cemetery about 100 yards off Hwy. 10 west of Ville Platte.
Detectives spent most of the days combing the scene what police confirm is human remains.

<modsnip>

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Laf...rts-Mickey-Shunicks-body-found-165330076.html

I wrestle with my feelings. How I believe it went down, and how I want to believe it went down, quickly, painlessly. The wounds can't be denied, however, and a part of me takes great satisfaction in the notion that Mickey took her perp down with her.

How did "they" mess up? All it takes is ONE young buck with a badge and a big mouth and the news travels fast around here, obviously. I commend LPD for their continued efforts and the decisions to keep so many details under wraps. There is so much that the public does not know about this case, including when the family was notified.

Why blame LE? Maybe a family member leaked or someone from the coroners office or a nosy reporter? And, if it was LE, maybe it wasn't a male. Young buck with a badge? That is insulting. How would a young, female officer with a badge be described? :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member