France - Five shot, four dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know how long mother in law was planning on staying in England for, did she take the mentally disturbed son with her, if he is in a psychiatric facility there, and exactly how long had he been there for.
Is Reading close to where the family would be going to catch their ferry to France?
I'd like to know why MIL went on trip with them.
Lol it's frustrating trying to be an amateur sleuth in this case, when we are being told so little, even the neighbours, friends etc seem to have shut up now.

Would love to know how long mother in law was planning on staying in England for, did she take the mentally disturbed son with her, if he is in a psychiatric facility there, and exactly how long had he been there for.
Is Reading close to where the family would be going to catch their ferry to France?

Reading is nowhere near where the family would have caught a ferry to France. If the MIL had just arrived in England, I guess she would have flown into Heathrow or Gatwick airport. Reading is about 30 miles west of Heathrow. You would almost have to drive past Heathrow to get to Reading from Claygate. Gatwick is south of Claygate so Reading is even further out of the way if MIL landed at Gatwick. It makes no sense to me why MIL would be picked up from Reading if she had just arrived in the UK. From this, my guess would be that MIL may already have been in the UK for a period of time. JMO

Any why take a trip just when your eldest daughter is due to start school? Maybe they weren't going on holiday - maybe they were running??? Just a suggestion.

Lol it's frustrating trying to be an amateur sleuth in this case, when we are being told so little, even the neighbours, friends etc seem to have shut up now.

I don't really blame them. The whole thing is quite scary imho

http://www.france24.com/en/20120914...li-chevaline-france-uk-murder-shooting-surrey

The seven-year-old girl who was severely injured in a brutal gun attack that claimed the lives of her father, mother and grandmother in the French Alps told investigators on Friday she had seen only "one bad guy".

bbm

I wonder why they felt this was OK to say, are they trying to send a message to the killer that they will be found. Seems it would put the girl in danger. jmo

http://translate.google.com/transla...a=X&ei=4GpUUPbsGKnw0gGk74GwAQ&ved=0CEcQ7gEwBQ

Zainab Al-Hilli, the 7 year old girl survived the slaughter of Horses, said to have seen one killer, announced Friday a source close to the investigation told AFP, confirming a report of the M6. Before being repatriated to Britain, the little girl out of the coma recently told investigators have seen "a villain," the source said.

This testimony, highly anticipated, not confirmed from official sources undermines the theory of the presence of several killers, developed after the discovery of nearly twenty-five sockets on the place of slaughter. If the hypothesis of the presence of two shooters away, it could mean that the shooter used two weapons caliber 7.65 mm, loaded consecutively or has recharged during the shooting.

bbm

Could the killer and possible accomplice have escaped through the forest on an off road motorcycle. That way they couldn't have been chased by a road vehicle.

Has the forest been fully searched - as they could have dumped the bike and got into a car parked up several miles away.

AFAIK it has not been confirmed what the 7 year-old has said and I doubt it will be officially confirmed or denied. It seems very dangerous for the child to be publishing things like this. I suspect that this informtion was not meant to get out to the press. It was better for her when they were saying she might not remember anything at all imho.

Even if she did say she only saw one "bad person" it doesn't necessarily mean there was only one iyswim. It could have all happened very quickly and if she was outside the car and attacked first she may not have seen everything/everybody. jmo

AFAIK it has not been confirmed what the 7 year-old has said and I doubt it will be officially confirmed or denied. It seems very dangerous for the child to be publishing things like this. I suspect that this informtion was not meant to get out to the press. It was better for her when they were saying she might not remember anything at all imho.

Even if she did say she only saw one "bad person" it doesn't necessarily mean there was only one iyswim. It could have all happened very quickly and if she was outside the car and attacked first she may not have seen everything/everybody. jmo

I'm with you on being surprised that this was released. I would have thought that for her protection they would not have released this information, unless they want to make the killer nervous and slip up. idk

{snipped for brevity}
It makes no sense to me why MIL would be picked up from Reading if she had just arrived in the UK. From this, my guess would be that MIL may already have been in the UK for a period of time. JMO
.......Iqbal’s sister, Fadwa al-Saffar, is believed to be at her bedside in hospital. Fadwa, a pharmacist from Iraq, recently finished a pharmaceutical PHD at the University of Reading
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9532113/France-shooting-Seven-year-old-wakes-from-coma-to-learn-parents-are-dead.html
She may have went to see her other daughter? [eta] Could have flown into Luton?

I'm curious whether Zainab knows Sylvain Mollier's 7yr old. I'm sure they will ask her if she had made any French friends.

It would be interesting to know why mother in law came to visit .

Did she come over with her son and he was admitted during the stay.
Or was the son staying with his sister and problems arose so mother came to help get him treatment.
Or were they both staying with sister and he had to be admitted to hospital as mother suddeny needed to got to France and sister could not cope with him on her own.

Interesting tweet from London Evening Standard guy yesterday

Andrew Neather‏@hernehillandy
Draconian nature of injunctions barring publication of info about al-Hilli kids does suggest authorities assume Alps murders were prof hit

Draconian nature of injunctions barring publication of info about al-Hilli kids does suggest authorities assume Alps murders were prof hit

I don't agree with that conclusion-how does it suggest professional hit?

After listening to Mr Martin I take (jmo) from what he said that the 7 yr old was in the front passenger seat, the two women and four yr old was in the back. If that is the case then I can see the 7 yr old in the front taking the shoot to the shoulder (iirc) while in the vehicle. The killer then could have seen the cyclist and unloaded on him then seeing the 7 yr old emerge from the vehicle and pistol whipping her, thinking she was dead then leaving. She surely had to have seen the killer. jmo

IMO the 7 year old got out of the car as soon as the shooting began (the professional double tap head shots to the other 3 suggest she wouldn't have been accidentally hit in the shoulder). Assuming she was in the front seat when the shooting started, I think the shooter would have started with the biggest physical threat (the father), then shot the women in the back - but the 7 year old surprised the shooter by getting out of the car (running towards the French cyclist for help?) so the shooter fired at her from a distance, hitting her in the shoulder. She fell, cyclist realised what was happening and tried to run, was shot in the back while fleeing, shooter now out of bullets so hits girl around the head in an attempt to finish her off

I don't agree with that conclusion-how does it suggest professional hit?

Higher powers at work? Government intelligence - could insist on injunction in the interests of national security etc ...

I don't think they're draconian measures. If the media could be trusted to use discretion in matters of personal safety then such measures wouldn't have to be taken...but they can't.

Just to be clear Clio, this isn't directed at you, but rather the evening Standard guy.

Regarding the MIL And the reason for the trip, I can imagine that having a son with serious mental health issues living with you would be incredibly stressful. Perhaps the al Hilli family decided she needed a break for her own health and they decided to get away from the city as a family.

In the first reports it was thought that the family had a second home in France. If it was true, I'd take a 75-year old grandmother to a house rather than having her stay in a crowded trailer.

http://www.france24.com/en/20120909...s-couple-set-fly-home-chevaline-annecy-surrey

Maillaud revealed on Monday that a 7.65mm automatic pistol was the only weapon used in the killing.

Because of the high number of shots fired during the grisly murder – 25 spent cartridges were discovered at the scene last Wednesday – police and observers initially speculated that there might have been multiple shooters, but Maillaud confirmed to Reuters on Monday afternoon only one firearm was used.

bbm

What's the age in France and the UK that children must be in booster seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME