Found Alive GA - Ayvani Perez, 14, Ellenwood, 17 Sept 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got distracted playing GTA, I feel like I'm still playing it. 2 perps in custody, but not the ones from the sketches, they are still at large, that's if they exist, and there may be more suspects too. Colour me confused.

OT.....are you playing the newly released GTA?

LOL, I had to pre-order for my daughter's birthday on Tuesday!

--------

so glad Ayvani was found

Sorry...

That thought just jumped into my head...

I wasn't intending it to be directed at anyone...

Basically... I was thinking the perps would have figured out there were probably no guns if mom wasnt packing the minute there was a noise at the back door... In the dark of night/morning...

JMO

Yeah, I can see that.

The kidnappers didn't seem too smart, but one thing is a gun safe. They may have encountered people whose guns were locked up (which is doubly awesome for criminals, they get a free gun and they don't have to risk being shot). But, more than likely, they just demanded things they wanted.

Thanks Peachy! I hope the news is reporting accurately. It seemed like the two names were close enough that they could be the same person. I tried searching the Immigration Detainee Locator under both names and didn't find anything. Has anybody else tried this search? https://locator.ice.gov/odls/homePage.do

I searched federal and state prison for Juan and didn't find anything. I wonder what the final outcome was for him after the arrest. Was he not convicted? Was there still a upcoming trial and was the mother to testify? It's hard to believe he would be out on bond if he was here illegally. I've seen it happen before though. Was he deported and came back to the US?

I think there are going to be some interesting twists in this before it's all over.

Thanks Peachy! I hope the news is reporting accurately. It seemed like the two names were close enough that they could be the same person. I tried searching the Immigration Detainee Locator under both names and didn't find anything. Has anybody else tried this search? https://locator.ice.gov/odls/homePage.do

BBM - lol - NEWS REPORT ACCURATELY???
in my experience news reports accurately a week later, but when things happen they are just jumping in to beat the next reporter.

Yeah, I can see that.

The kidnappers didn't seem too smart, but one thing is a gun safe. They may have encountered people whose guns were locked up (which is doubly awesome for criminals, they get a free gun and they don't have to risk being shot). But, more than likely, they just demanded things they wanted.

Speaking from personal experience, if people have guns in a gun safe, they also have at least one handgun close at hand for personal protection if needed.

We have both.

From what I know, normally Immigration places a "hold" on them at the local jail until they appear in court. Probably wouldn't be listed in the INS system yet.

I hope the 25 different law enforcement agencies can figure this case out because I'm confused. I guess in the midst of all of this, Ayvani was rescued/freed/whatever happened. At any rate, she is no longer kidnapped and reportedly in pretty good condition. So, that's good... I hope all of the people with long lists of priors spend some time in prison and not necessarily a prison in the U.S. since some of them aren't even legal.

ELLENWOOD, Ga. -- 11Alive News has learned that one of the suspects arrested in connection with the kidnapping of 14-year-old Ayvani Hope Perez was arrested in February 2012 along with Ayvani's mother, Maria Magdalena Corral.

The suspect, who the FBI identified as 40-year-old Juan Alberto Contreras-Rodriguez, is also known as Juan Alberto Contreras-Ramirez, according to sources with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/...uspects?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

hmmmm. Mom had her hands dirty. Arrested with one of the suspects NOT GOOD.
I'm so glad the child is safe, New article says she is in good health.
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/teen-kidnapped-from-ga-home-found-alive

I hope the 25 different law enforcement agencies can figure this case out because I'm confused. I guess in the midst of all of this, Ayvani was rescued/freed/whatever happened. At any rate, she is no longer kidnapped and reportedly in pretty good condition. So, that's good... I hope all of the people with long lists of priors spend some time in prison and not necessarily a prison in the U.S. since some of them aren't even legal.

I've had some illegal's arrested before on other felony charges and in those cases, they were sentenced to serve their sentence here and then were deported.

ELLENWOOD, Ga. -- 11Alive News has learned that one of the suspects arrested in connection with the kidnapping of 14-year-old Ayvani Hope Perez was arrested in February 2012 along with Ayvani's mother, Maria Magdalena Corral.

The suspect, who the FBI identified as 40-year-old Juan Alberto Contreras-Rodriguez, is also known as Juan Alberto Contreras-Ramirez, according to sources with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/...uspects?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

OH snap!

Top of the 5pm broadcast edition reveals -

1. LE is still refusing to confirm ransom call/demand as "family claims" occurred.

2. Jackson lived in apartment complex in College Park - southern Fulton County, and again close to Ellenwood/Stockbridge.

3. Still pleading for public's assistance to identify and locate the 2 kidnappers depicted in the composite sketches.

More later as information released...have to run out for a bit, but should be back in time for the top of the 6pm broadcast.

Westie Mom

Let me just say that we don't know what kind of changes, if any, the mom made after being arrested. Obviously, by taking part in her criminal activities she put herself and her family at risk, but we have no idea if she tried to change that since then. So, before we crucify her lets see how it all plays out.

Thanks Peachy, if I remember it was 300 pounds of marijuana they were busted with and charges were dropped on Ayvani's mother. The questions that arise for me is this, I'm being rhetorical here.

Was he convicted?
Out on bond?
Does deportation figure in here somewhere?

Sheesh!!!

Also note that Jackson is being held on conspiracy to commit kidnapping, not for kidnapping. Wonder if there could be more involved in the conspiring part?
Seems as though LE knows that there were 2 actual kidnappers, bet they know who they are, just have not located them.

Also note that Jackson is being held on conspiracy to commit kidnapping, not for kidnapping. Wonder if there could be more involved in the conspiring part?
Seems as though LE knows that there were 2 actual kidnappers, bet they know who they are, just have not located them.

I agree. I have a feeling LE knew the whole story from the beginning, probably due to mom cooperating. It explains a lot of the silence from them.

Let me just say how stupid these criminals are! One of the first things I'm sure LE asks any parent of a kidnapped child is "Do you know anyone that would want to take your child? Do you have any enemies?" Did they really think they would get away with this?

There was a confusion earlier during the news conf., if the last name of Juan Alberto was Rodriguez, or Ramirez.

I just woke up from a long nap and I am SO EXCITED now! What an awesome thing to wake up to! *bawls*

I do not care about circumstances surrounding it. Ayvani is safe and I don't care to know details so I'm not reading past my last post (sorry).

Running around the house singing OH HAPPY DAY!!! Thank you, God!

WOOHOO!

I pray for healing for her, this must have been traumatic for her however which way it happened. I pray they did not do anything to her whilst she was under their control. I pray she gets the counseling she needs and I pray she is soon able to get back to the fun things in life. WOOOOOOOOOO I can't stop the sporadic mini-screams. SO happy!

I just woke up from a long nap and I am SO EXCITED now! What an awesome thing to wake up to! *bawls*

I do not care about circumstances surrounding it. Ayvani is safe and I don't care to know details so I'm not reading past my last post (sorry).

Running around the house singing OH HAPPY DAY!!! Thank you, God!

WOOHOO!

I pray for healing for her, this must have been traumatic for her however which way it happened. I pray they did not do anything to her whilst she was under their control. I pray she gets the counseling she needs and I pray she is soon able to get back to the fun things in life. WOOOOOOOOOO I can't stop the sporadic mini-screams. SO happy!

But Toothless....you MUST care about the circumstances. The recovery of any victim, alive or deceased, is only part of the story. We are compelled to learn the whole truth....so that future pain and suffering can be avoided.
And on top of that, we need your mind to help us figure this stuff out!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back