GA - Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the reports of improvement are true. I hope she gets another chance. A real one.

Well, I kind of doubt it, IMO and LE experience. I guess 8-10 were just rubbernecking.

I don't believe it either. I have seen people come out of amazing kinds of illnesses and where a vent or medical coma was needed but they were not oxygen deprived first.
I think the circumstances here make it less likely she will be okay. But miracles happen.

TMZ update:

Sources connected with the family tell us ... doctors performed tests Monday morning and determined the swelling on her brain has gone down. In addition, she has been able to "move her eyes" ... all important signs.

Perhaps most important ... we're told the oxygen levels in her brain have increased significantly -- 4 times better than Sunday.

But the family has been told ... because Bobbi Kristina was deprived of oxygen for anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes while she was submerged in a tub, doctors fear neurological damage.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/02/bobbi-kristina-update-doing-better-brain-damage-bathtub/

If it was just 2-5 she's in a much better position to recover somewhat .. we'll have to see, it sounds to me like there are dual sources to media ie Nick and Bobby + Lawyer giving one version, and Pat talking to reporters giving another (more hopeful) version.

How could anyone know how long she was without oxygen? :waitasec:

Radaronline has a bit to say about Nick Lomas:

"The pal may have wanted to save her, but he seems to be a man she should have avoided at all costs.

According to Georgia court documents obtained by Radar, Lomas was arrested earlier this month and charged with three felonies: possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of alprazolam (better known as addictive prescription drug Xanax), and possession of a firearm.

The Duluth resident was thrown behind bars for four days until he posted bond on January 19.

He attended a preliminary hearing in the case on Friday— just one day before he found Brown’s nearly lifeless body.

Unfortunately, Lomas’ recent arrest isn’t an isolated incident. And he’s been hanging around Brown for years."​

More...

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/02/bobbi-kristina-brown-ex-bad-influence/

^^ he sounds like he'd fit right in with everyone else in her life, honestly the girl has never had a chance, she wouldn't know who to avoid because all the people she's been exposed to throughout her life are people I'd put in the 'avoid' category. She simply may just have no idea what health looks like.

TMZ update:

Sources connected with the family tell us ... doctors performed tests Monday morning and determined the swelling on her brain has gone down. In addition, she has been able to "move her eyes" ... all important signs.

Perhaps most important ... we're told the oxygen levels in her brain have increased significantly -- 4 times better than Sunday.

But the family has been told ... because Bobbi Kristina was deprived of oxygen for anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes while she was submerged in a tub, doctors fear neurological damage.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/02/bobbi-kristina-update-doing-better-brain-damage-bathtub/

If it was just 2-5 she's in a much better position to recover somewhat .. we'll have to see, it sounds to me like there are dual sources to media ie Nick and Bobby + Lawyer giving one version, and Pat talking to reporters giving another (more hopeful) version.

What kind of neurological damage? Not walking, or talking? Have really no experience in this.

As someone who used to work as a RN in an ICU, I would caution people about being too optimistic with some of these reports.

"The patient is stable" can simply mean "this patient isn't going to die on my shift."

"Showing signs of responsiveness" may simply mean "this patient is only ALMOST brain dead."

"The patient has shown improvement" can also mean, "this patient will never be the same, but her blood pressure is higher!"

I hope that she truly does have a chance at a FULL recovery, but I would be very hesitant to read too much into these kinds of reports.

IMO, the worst possible outcome is not that she is brain dead, but that she is PVS. :(

As someone who used to work as a RN in an ICU, I would caution people about being too optimistic with some of these reports.

"The patient is stable" can simply mean "this patient isn't going to die on my shift."

"Showing signs of responsiveness" may simply mean "this patient is only ALMOST brain dead."

"The patient has shown improvement" can also mean, "this patient will never be the same, but her blood pressure is higher!"

I hope that she truly does have a chance at a FULL recovery, but I would be very hesitant to read too much into these kinds of reports.

IMO, the worst possible outcome is not that she is brain dead, but that she is PVS.

I agree. Not a nurse but worked in Hospital and know the lingo well. The sad part is that someone can live in a vegetative state a long time. I hope and pray they will not do that to her if there is no hope. I would hate that.

2012 article from National Enquirer
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/bobbi-kristina-new-fears

The ENQUIRER also revealed that a boozing Krissi was arrested when she got caught up in the middle of a terrifying incident in Roswell, Ga., on April 1 last year.

The blowup involved Krissi’s ex-boyfriend Max Lomas and another teen, Nicholas Gordon.

A police report obtained by The ENQUIRER described how Lomas and Gordon – who told police he was Krissi’s brother – were angered after seeing Krissi driving with three male friends and followed them in Gordon’s car to a Chevron gas station.

At the gas station, Lomas allegedly beat up one of Krissi’s friends. Gordon admitted to police he waved a gun in the air during the fight.

In regards to the time frame they may be taking that from the amount of damage they see, as in, well it's not 15 minutes without oxygen because she wasn't dead, and it's not 10 because she's not completely brain dead, but it's not as low as 3 because she's still in such a bad way, so they shoot for the area most likely with her level of responsiveness and say 5-8.

And, this article from almost exactly three years ago, at the time of Whitney's funeral ... offers some background about Bobbi, and includes Lomas and Gordon. It is National Enquirer but they have been known to report accurately and this article sounds accurate to me.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/bobbi-kristina-new-fears

OOPS! I see someone beat me to posting this article. That's okay, its a good article!

In regards to the time frame they may be taking that from the amount of damage they see, as in, well it's not 15 minutes without oxygen because she wasn't dead, and it's not 10 because she's not completely brain dead, but it's not as low as 3 because she's still in such a bad way, so they shoot for the area most likely with her level of responsiveness and say 5-8.

True. I am just thinking there is way more to the story. :thinking: Such as someone told the authorities how long she was under.

Regardless..... I truly don't believe there will be a good outcome here. :( Sadly.

Guys, I do it all the time. I turn over and put my face under the water because it feels good on my skin. I have a skin condition and my skin is often super dry or feels irritated. I put iodized salt in the water and it helps.

We don't know that there's brain death. The reports that suggest she has significantly diminished brain function indicate she isn't. If she's not, then the hospital would not be pushing to take her off life support. (Another reminder to have living wills or otherwise state your wishes. For the record, I do not want to live in a PVS!) Even in cases of brain death it seems they give family much more than a day or two before they rush into court.

Either way, what a tragedy. She's so young. And she lost her mother. I feel for her.

BBM: Honestly Gitana, I do as well. It actually feels good to stretch my back after a 12 hour day on my feet. Somehow it just seems odd to be found that way. I usually only stay on my stomach for a short period, the roll back over and relax. I do understand Scarlett's theory of it being a very large "hot tub" type of tub that you could inadvertently roll over and float after losing consciousness. Very sad situation. This young one has been in emotional pain for a long time I'm afraid.

I am curious about her being face down in the tub. I can only think of a few ways that happens.
I wonder how big the tub was? A big whirlpool kind? Because I can see her slipping under the water and being turned over.

It is just so horrible to think about.

Thanks Scarlett.....I have been wondering if this is a phenomenon of bathtub drowning.....an oval or large rectangle tub........both her and her mother were found face down.

Now....I looked on Trulia for property pics of similar town homes in Roswell Ga..........seems they do include a large whirlpool type tub.

I think I'm going to pass on TMZ, Buzz whatever, and Radar. They are good gossip reads but pretty sensational on real hard news. Unfortunately, MSM seems to be quoting and relying on them.
As for Bobbi Kristina, I hope and pray the best happens for the poor kid and she can fully recover and find her own place in life. IMO, she has been over-shadowed by her entire family, some who may not have her best interests at heart. What's going on at the hospital is traumatic for all concerned. Just an example: My SIL had a massive stroke in the basal ganglia (brain stem or old brain). She was at my home and IMO virtually died at my kitchen table. Fast forward a couple of days after surgery and it was apparent to me she was "not there". It took neurologists and neurosurgeons a few more days to come to the conclusion she was "dead" and in a PVS after MANY tests. Some of the tests showed clinical improvement that could be explained as natural reflexes. It took 3 days after life support was withdrawn for her to die. A lot of folks think of "pulling the plug" but that's not how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota