GA - Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for researching that. If they weren't legally married, that would probably be a relief to Bobby Brown in that he can now call the shots.

And possibly be her next of kin and therefore inherit .. sorry but ugh on the whole were they, weren't they married thing, they were actually fighting and separating at the time of this incident, and Bobbi is NOT the one who wanted that to happen as far as I can tell, but she did think of them as married, so unless this is about money and control then I can't see the point, it's a damn shame though.

And possibly be her next of kin and therefore inherit .. sorry but ugh on the whole were they, weren't they married thing, they were actually fighting and separating at the time of this incident, and Bobbi is NOT the one who wanted that to happen as far as I can tell, but she did think of them as married, so unless this is about money and control then I can't see the point, it's a damn shame though.

Seems to me that both money and control could be at-play here.

If Bobby Brown's lawyer is correct and there was no legal marriage, I have even less hope that Bobbi Kristina made a Will.

Laws of intestacy in Georgia:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/intestate-succession-georgia.html

~jmo~

Agree, I was thinking the same thing when I watched the Whitney biopic, BK didn't know her parents while they lifted themselves up and made something of their lives, nor did she sing in the choir like her parents did, she missed out on all of the things that made her parents successful, and was only exposed to what brought them down, the poor girl never stood a chance.

You are so right - she never had a chance. Her parents didn't care enough to get straight and devote themselves to her best interests. Did no one see to her education so that she would have a foundation of self esteem to depend on? They raised her in the unforgiving glare of the spotlight of their fame, and surrounded her with unseemly people. WTH else did she know? And then to lose her mother, who could have sought help for them both, at 18?!?
My mother died when I was nine years old, under suspicious circumstances, and let me say, it was the shock of my young life. There were no support groups, and at that time in the culture, you were just supposed to sweep it under the rug and never tell anyone. I've had many emotional/psychological issues because of the events. It wasn't until my mid-thirties when I had my precious son and anti-depressants became available, that I rose above and left the trauma behind.
If Bobbi Kristina's parents were not protected by their wealth, if they had been poor drug addicts, she would have been removed from them and raised by more caring and responsible family members. No wonder this happened - it makes me very sad and angry.

In some states, even if a couple is not legally married, portraying themselves to be married to the public and in leases or house purchases or other situations can give one of them a claim to common law marriage, with all the legal benefits of traditional marriages.

I'm not a lawyer, though, so take all that with a grain of salt.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/common-law-marriage.aspx

"Georgia: No common law after Jan. 1, 1997, however, common law marriages entered into prior to that date will be recognized by the state. (Ga. Stat. § 19-3-1.1)"

ETA: Oops. I see Snaps had already posted this.

Sadly, I believe this is what no one really wants it to be. A recreation. Bobbi is her mother's daughter. It was her choice to leave this world. She was lost without her mother (&father) clinging to the only family member that didn't desert her. Until he did.
Bless her heart. It is what it is.As far as the family, honestly at her age there was only so much they could do, but they didn't. They too made a choice. Sad,sad,sad!

I think that was a typo, and he meant BK= Bobbi Kristina

Thank you, Katy - it's so hard sometimes when you follow many (although I don't post much) cases to remember all of the initials! Glad I wasn't losing my mind.

Looks like legal issues as cited above are gonna give Pat Houston a good run for the money...and she will LOSE! :) Krissi's father will win this one, rightfully so.

bbm:

Bobbi Kristina has been moved from North Fulton Hospital in Roswell, Ga., to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, TMZ reported Tuesday. The website cited a source who said the Houston and Brown families had been clashing over access to Krissy.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-bobbi-kristina-brown-not-married-to-nick-gordon-20150203-story.html

~jmo~

It's my opinion that it was a unintended drug overdose. jmo I don't think she was trying to kill herself.

It's my opinion that it was a unintended drug overdose. jmo I don't think she was trying to kill herself.

I do.....too many kawinky-dinkys.....moo

Her mom died in the tub.....I doubt she would load up on the xanax and think a bath would be a good idea.........unless she wanted to die.

You are so right - she never had a chance. Her parents didn't care enough to get straight and devote themselves to her best interests. Did no one see to her education so that she would have a foundation of self esteem to depend on? They raised her in the unforgiving glare of the spotlight of their fame, and surrounded her with unseemly people. WTH else did she know? And then to lose her mother, who could have sought help for them both, at 18?!?
My mother died when I was nine years old, under suspicious circumstances, and let me say, it was the shock of my young life. There were no support groups, and at that time in the culture, you were just supposed to sweep it under the rug and never tell anyone. I've had many emotional/psychological issues because of the events. It wasn't until my mid-thirties when I had my precious son and anti-depressants became available, that I rose above and left the trauma behind.
If Bobbi Kristina's parents were not protected by their wealth, if they had been poor drug addicts, she would have been removed from them and raised by more caring and responsible family members. No wonder this happened - it makes me very sad and angry.
I am very sorry for your loss xoxo

I do.....too many kawinky-dinkys.....moo

Her mom died in the tub.....I doubt she would load up on the xanax and think a bath would be a good idea.........unless she wanted to die.
I do too...Particularly if the reports of fighting or broken up with NG are true. If you watched On Our Own, she was incredibly dependent on him. The family tried to go on a girls weekend in a cabin, and she was distraught about leaving him. I think he showed up at the cabin anyway. This was just one instance.
Coupled with the grief of her mommy, her career seemingly not taking off, the relationships with others in her family, it was probably too much to handle.

This is just opinion, I obviously don't know all what was going on, but it seems she carried a large load.

Will someone clear this up for me. Is Nick Gordan being allowed in to see BK?

I believe on the first day I read he was not allowed in, but this was when they were trying to figure out what actually happened. If he is still being kept out, I think it is very unfair!! He is the one who has been by BK's side for years and more than likely the one that has given her the most support since her mother died. JMO.

How does BB know for sure they are not married?

Attorney may have asked for proof. If BK does not survive, Nick will have to produce a marriage certificate to make the claim that he is an heir to the estate. My guess is he told the attorney they were not married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member