GUILTY GA - Bonny Cooner, 33, strangled, dumped in well, Franklin County, 28 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't like the sound of the fact that he's working on cars like nothing's wrong while GSP is walking around his yard. I would be frantically searching and doing what I could - work would have to wait.

Thanks, Cagle! I agree that hopefully LE is working behind the scenes. Keeping an eye but from a distance waiting for somebody to make a move. We have friends in LE in neighboring counties but they don't seem to be getting any info either. We were told by a very reliable source that the case had been handed over to the GBI but Joe Johnson's ABH article says otherwise. There has not been nearly enough media attention given to this case and I don't understand why. We live in area that doesn't have a major network news channel but still......social media is a powerful tool and it's not there either. Some of the info that has been posted here has been very useful. I didn't know of the BF's past but then again when you're introduced to someone you don't ask for a rap sheet. Bonny and the BF have been together for almost 3 years and we've hung out several times. They were at my house in August for a party. Like I said, our close group of friends just want answers and we want Bonny found!!!

I don't like the sound of the fact that he's working on cars like nothing's wrong while GSP is walking around his yard. I would be frantically searching and doing what I could - work would have to wait.

My exact thoughts. I would start searching and wouldn't stop.

Do you know if LE has searched the home they live in together? Any idea if they've checked his cell phone records, to possibly find out where he may have gone around the time she went missing?

SAnder, I'm praying that she's found safe, soon. There are lots of people wanting to help find her, I hope LE will give us something to go on soon.

Does anyone know when GBI (Georgia Bureau of Invest.) gets involved in cases like this? Does local law enforcement have to request their assistance when they think they can't handle a case?

I just worry that maybe Franklin Co Sheriff is over their head and they NEED the GBI to progress on the case.

Glad you mentioned GBI. Not sure what usually triggers them to get involved, but if they haven't already, they need to be and the family should probably push for their involvement. When you're talking about a small town where this type of thing doesn't happen often, it's easy to mess something up. Why not bring in the pros?

SAnder - you as friends, and the family, need to stay on the media about getting her name out. Not sure if someone can contact the major news station websites - maybe find a reporter that has reported on a missing persons case before & email them and ask them for help getting the word out?

The more we know here, the more we can try to help.

We have contacted stations out of Atlanta but they haven't ran the story. The day it hit ABH there was severe weather in our area and school shooting in the ATL.

As far as his cell phone, LE has it from what I understand. He has obtained another phone and gave his number to the friend that saw him Friday. He sent his number to my husband via FB and my husband replied back with his number but they haven't spoken.

There's another article on ABH about a Franklin county infant with blunt force trauma to the head and Franklin county has no leads.......WTH!! I think the county is in way over their heads in both cases.

SAnder, do you know if she was at home Monday morning when her son left for school? Did he actually see her?
There was a post on fb making it sound like Bonny and her BF left together Sunday and when the BF returned to their home, she wasn't with him. Do you know if this is true?

Thanks, Cagle! I agree that hopefully LE is working behind the scenes. Keeping an eye but from a distance waiting for somebody to make a move. We have friends in LE in neighboring counties but they don't seem to be getting any info either. We were told by a very reliable source that the case had been handed over to the GBI but Joe Johnson's ABH article says otherwise. There has not been nearly enough media attention given to this case and I don't understand why. We live in area that doesn't have a major network news channel but still......social media is a powerful tool and it's not there either. Some of the info that has been posted here has been very useful. I didn't know of the BF's past but then again when you're introduced to someone you don't ask for a rap sheet. Bonny and the BF have been together for almost 3 years and we've hung out several times. They were at my house in August for a party. Like I said, our close group of friends just want answers and we want Bonny found!!!
Bonny is just a beautiful lady and I hope you get answers about your friend soon!

welcome to websleuths

We've had conflicting reports about what happened leading up to her missing. So I can't say.

Just wondering if it's possible that LE is keeping quiet for a reason? Could they know something and not be releasing info so that POI doesn't run or think he's under the microscope. Would think the more someone thinks they got away with something, the more they are likely to mess up and get caught. If evidence is not solid, jumping on it now might compromise a case, no?
At least that is what I want to believe is happening, rather than just them doing nothing.

I wish there was a Crime Stoppers number. People may be more inclined to call in tips anonymously. Perhaps people are scared to give tips for fear of retributon. The reward money helps too.

It also might help to buy a full page ad of her missing poster in the local newspaper.

A recent comment on the town fb page from a family member says they can't give out too much info and that police working hard on the case.
Sounds to me like they know something substantial and are waiting to make the right move.

I wish there was a Crime Stoppers number. People may be more inclined to call in tips anonymously. Perhaps people are scared to give tips for fear of retributon. The reward money helps too.

It also might help to buy a full page ad of her missing poster in the local newspaper.

they can use a neighboring LE's crimestopper line

Has anyone tried taking up a reward to offer for info leading to an arrest?

I'm a local whose family has lived in the immediate area since the late 1800s and have just registered so that I can reply. The LE isn't saying anything because, like in all investigations of this nature, they have to keep quiet. The LE is working hard on the case.

Welcome hydrangea! I understand they should keep some things close to the vest, but there is a lot more they could be putting out that wouldn't necessarily be detrimental to the case. Hopefully it works, as we all want to bring Bonny home. I am very concerned that such a small town that doesn't get these types of cases on a regular basis will mess it up. They should have already requested the guidance of more experienced departments.

There is a post on the Find Bonny pg thanking people for posting pictures of Bonny but requesting that pictures of her w/her family and/or son not be posted, that the focus needs to be on her.

Since we don't know much about the area she disappeared from, we can't tell if there are businesses or even neighbors nearby who may have cameras of her (and possibly BS or the both of them) coming and going on Sunday/Monday. Hopefully if there are, LE has retreived those and are studying them.

The initial article said there were lots of woods and ponds near the home, so there may not be much, if any, video evidence. I am also curious if LE is planning to drain any ponds (or alread have), using sonar in the ponds, dogs at the ponds, etc.

Since we are talking about the south, if the boyfriend is the outdoorsy type - hunting, fishing, camping, mud bogs, etc. then they need to look in areas he has been known to frequent, as these are places he would be familiar with.

They need to rule out everything. Still praying she comes home safe.

Could the LE have already contacted the GBI? Are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Just wondering....I will say that even though this is a rural area, we have experienced murder investigations, white collar drug dealers, etc. The general consensus around here is that the BF killed her. I know a lot of the people here in LE, and I'm sure they are taking it seriously. But, I agree with you. The BF has been in trouble with LE for years. I know him personally. I can't say how because this is a small town, and everybody knows everybody. I pass by the BF's house several times a week...that's just the route I take in my daily life. Not on purpose or anything....

According to the latest news article, the reporter contacted the regional GBI and they indicated that they have NOT been contacted by local LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalto677
Back