GUILTY GA - Bonny Cooner, 33, strangled, dumped in well, Franklin County, 28 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could the LE have already contacted the GBI? Are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Just wondering....I will say that even though this is a rural area, we have experienced murder investigations, white collar drug dealers, etc. The general consensus around here is that the BF killed her. I know a lot of the people here in LE, and I'm sure they are taking it seriously. But, I agree with you. The BF has been in trouble with LE for years. I know him personally. I can't say how because this is a small town, and everybody knows everybody. I pass by the BF's house several times a week...that's just the route I take in my daily life. Not on purpose or anything....

Thanks for your post hydrangea and for posting at this forum. Being from a small town also, I respect and understand your need to be careful on what you post.
BBM - Re: The BF's house. Does he have a separate home from the home where they were living? Does her son live at that house full time? Have you heard where the son is now? Thanks for any responses you can give.

I'm hearing that the bf does not live in a separate home. They live together & her son lives there full time but is now with her family under the circumstances.

From what I've heard the son is now with her parents and sister.

I have a friend who goes to the same church as a family member of Bonny's. Over the weekend there was a search near the home where Bonny lived w/ her BF. During the search the BF was in his garage and did nothing to help. My friend also said that he told a friend "I'm not looking for her, I don't care if I ever see that ***** again...".

ETA: She was also told by the family member that they are sure he was involved in her disappearance and that at this point, they are pretty sure they are looking for a body.
I was also told that her son does have a Father who is involved in his life.

What a piece of crap he seems to be. Most people would be worried sick about their live-in bf/gf. :(

I noticed today that the BF has a no trespassing sign in his front yard.

A find Bonny share just popped up n my Facebook feed forma pretty famous, up and coming author, so friends and family are doing a good job there. Immediately came here to check out if we were on the case. Of course we are.

Good morning, world. Hoping today is the day they find Bonny.

They have posted a couple videos on the find page. I notice she's on more & more missing websites as I do my google searches each day for news.

Praying that today is the day!

I noticed on the Find Bonny page that someone is trying to set up a river/swamp search this weekend.

To reply to an earlier post, BF's house is not located so that video from neighbors or businesses can show anything. House is on a rural county road. House next door is block by fir trees. House on other side is not close. Nothing on the other side of road except pasture and cows.

Yay! FINALLY! The GBI is now involved!

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2013-02-06/gbi-now-involved-case-missing-franklin-co-woman

Mike Ayers, special agent in charge of the GBI’s Athens regional office, said the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office asked his agency on Tuesday to assist in the case of 33-year-old Bonny Anne Cooner.

Cooner, who once lived in Athens, was reportedly last seen at her home in Canon, where she left behind her son and car, authorities said.

Ayers said it was too soon to draw any conclusions about the circumstances of the woman’s disappearance. “I’d be guessing about whether we have a crime or just a missing person,” Ayers said Wednesday afternoon.

GBI agents met with Franklin County investigators Tuesday to share notes. They started on Wednesday assisting with the investigation in earnest, conducting interviews and other activities, Ayers said.

Franklin County sheriff’s officials have not returned several phone calls to discuss the search for Cooner, but some Facebook postings have given the missing person case ominous overtones. On a page called “rants or raves of elberton ga,” people who say they know Cooner suggested the possibility of foul play.

Ayers said he was aware of Internet postings about the missing woman, but would not say if they had any credence.

I see we were posting at the same time LMcAthaGa & summer_breeze

I want to shout for joy that the GBI is now involved!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!! I know several people that need to call the GBI with info that they have. Everything I know is pretty much hear say, even though I feel that it's reliable.

I truly hope this is a turning point in finding Bonny! I know it's a step in the right direction!

Bonnie has an additional tattoo - it's on her left wrist and it's the name Gavin but the G is the Georgia Bulldogs G.

Fox 5 out of Atlanta is trying to contact friends or family to talk with them about Bonny. No one (myself included) wants to talk on camera about anything. We were asked by the family to NOT talk to them. To refer all questions to Mike Ayers with the GBI. Now, we're willing to wait a few days to see what comes of the GBI's involvement and the media coverage. The reporter has to see the red flags with the family not wanting to talk. I understand some families are more private than others but we've been asked to continue doing what we are doing. Well, what we are doing is trying to spread the word. We've formed search parties and called around asking questions. We took the initiative to get the media involved and have finally gotten a response but now nobody is willing to say anything. ?????????????????? I am sick to my stomach and heart broken about the lack of answers and information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalto677
Back