Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My heartfelt prayers & condolences to the Runion family. I am glad they did not reduce his bond & kept him in there. Hoping for the maximum penalty the law will allow!

Good for the Judge ..only took him all of about 8 sec to say NO BOND on all counts

I think Georgia has Lethal Injection DP for Malice Murder if I am not mistaken. This would be for Armed Robbery x2 and Malice Murder x2.

I wonder if he did lose control during the killing, perhaps that is why they were not together, if not that far apart, perhaps one tried to run....IMHO

Sorry for multi-posting. Is there a rule against it? I haven't seen one, I don't think. :blushing:

Who would have been out there to see him out by the pond ?

IMO, they were meaning that he would have initially concealed it from the Runions. They would never have gotten near him if they'd seen a large weapon.

I don't even want to think about it but can't help it. How in the world would that have happened? He had to restrain one of them I'm sure. Just thinking if were my husband and I. Both of us would have gotten out at the same time. Both would have gone bat ***** crazy if the other was hurt.
If he came prepared with something to restrain one of them, that just shows more premeditation to me.
JMO

My guess, and also my hope, is that he caught them by surprise and the first victim didn't know it was coming. I have to think that...

In my small town many, many years ago, a mother and her adult son (that I knew) were murdered at their joint place of work. The son saw his mother get shot, and knowing that still hurts my heart all these years later. I think it would have been just as bad the other way around. So, I hope that this lovely couple were caught off-guard and at least one of them didn't know.

What a horrible thing.

nobody wins nobody wins.......... sad all around. jmo

Hi all- I'm new so pls excuse if I miss something. Trying to keep up.

Trying to make sense of how Sheriff initially identified Towns as a contact w/ Runions, interviewed him, let him go and then named him as prime suspect again, within what seems like just over 24 hours?

Saturday, 1/24, 1 p.m. update from Sheriff says the couple's 'believed' last location is McRae but they don't know if they actually made it. Quotes seemed odd, imo. (Source: Telfair SO Fb page * I read that SM is off limits but Telfair SO's Facebook page has all of their updates posted there with dates and times and I can't find another location of this info quickly. Can this count since from LE?)

Sunday, 3 pm suspect named. Sheriff says he was interviewed earlier, now wanted basically for lying to investigators and theft by deception.
http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/missing-marietta-couple-left-buy-car-posted-craigs/njwSX/

So based on this, guessing Sheriff talked to Towns Sat night/Sun am. What led them to him? Fox 5 reporter (at 10 pm) just said investigators say it was the phone. Not sure if they can trace phone pings to location or if it was a specific call tracked back. Either way, wouldn't it be a red flag if missing couple just 'happen' to make possible last call to a phone they believe RT has/had? If they let him go because he told them he didn't have the phone, wouldn't there be some follow up questions before letting him walk? Of course he's going to say that. How did he explain his way out? I guess this depends on how concrete they felt the info was but they ID'd him as possible suspect early on ... And no one else mentioned.

Also, just like previous poster said, despite his family saying he's such a good guy (paraphrasing), he had previous "brushes with law." Like regarding what? http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/deputy-suspect-couples-disappearance-has-no-prior-/njxt9/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he did this all for what, a thrill? It's so very disturbing, especially because you know there are others out there like him.

Trying to make sense of how Sheriff initially identified Towns as a contact w/ Runions, interviewed him, let him go and then named him as prime suspect again, within what seems like just over 24 hours?

Saturday, 1/24, 1 p.m. update from Sheriff says the couple's 'believed' last location is McRae but they don't know if they actually made it. Quotes seemed odd, imo. (Source: Telfair SO Fb page * I read that SM is off limits but Telfair SO's Facebook page has all of their updates posted there with dates and times and I can't find another location of this info quickly. Can this count since from LE?)

Sunday, 3 pm suspect named. Sheriff says he was interviewed earlier, now wanted basically for lying to investigators and theft by deception.
http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/missing-marietta-couple-left-buy-car-posted-craigs/njwSX/

So based on this, guessing Sheriff talked to Towns Sat night/Sun am. What led them to him? Fox 5 reporter (at 10 pm) just said investigators say it was the phone. Not sure if they can trace phone pings to location or if it was a specific call tracked back. Either way, wouldn't it be a red flag if missing couple just 'happen' to make possible last call to a phone they believe RT has/had? If they let him go because he told them he didn't have the phone, wouldn't there be some follow up questions before letting him walk? Of course he's going to say that. How did he explain his way out? I guess this depends on how concrete they felt the info was but they ID'd him as possible suspect early on ... And no one else mentioned.

Also, just like previous poster said, despite his family saying he's such a good guy (paraphrasing), he had previous "brushes with law." Like regarding what? http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/deputy-suspect-couples-disappearance-has-no-prior-/njxt9/

:welcome: police and media social page information is allowed

Murder with Malice x2 and Armed Robbery x2
Did I hear that last part correct " Gunshot wounds to the head"
I imagine then more than 1x per victim??
I would have assumed at least one of them had more than one wound if they were not found together. Like Portabella posted, most likely one was wounded and ran, or was trying to save the other and was wounded, then later fatally shot.

BBM: Facebook pages that belongs to LE, MSM and usually the official Find "whomever" FB is not a problem. If it is a problem at some point, the moderators will designate it as such. FWIW.

Does anyone think the Runion's let him get in their car? This would explain how he overtook them, that is, if he were sitting in the back seat, he could have shown them his gun.

So he did this all for what, a thrill? It's so very disturbing, especially because you know there are others out there like him.

I presume he did it because he expected them to have a large sums of money.
They were going to buy a car. So he would expect them to have a large amount of cash with them.

His earlier picture on file shows his face full. I don't know how long ago that picture was taken, but he looks very thin faced today in his court appearance.......My guess would be a fairly recent meth user....

:therethere:

I know Trigger, it is just heartbreaking. :(

(Now you got me crying...)

I can literally feel a physical sensation in my gut right at the bottom of my rib cage. It like a pain, a hole...even my breathing feels somewhat labored.

Again, this is nothing compared to what the people who knew them, and their family must be feeling. I'm just a stranger.

I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that the last thought that went through June's mind was probably about her grandchildren. That she was never going to see them again, at least in this lifetime. Maybe she even said a prayer for them, for God to watch over them as they grow up.

I have read and followed so many cases here and never shed a tear. Probably because I've followed depraved human behavior for so long it's made me hard, somehow? This statement just undid that 100%. Indeed, may God bless the Runion family and keep them, despite all this.

To the beautiful family of Bud & June Runion~
I am so saddened by the loss of your loved ones. My deep and sincerest condolences.

JMO

I have been doing research on this case and will post later. Mugshot picture for suspect Ronnie "Jay" Adrian Towns, 28, being used was from Cobb County, GA, so he must have been arrested there at some time. Cobb County Superior Court records show no record of a court case for suspect, so no further info is known about this arrest at this time. Suspect's parents' names have been made public: Ronnie (63) and Gwen (61) Towns. His father says "He is a good kid." His mother says evidence "may have been planted" in her son's trailer, so something must have been found there.
http://www.macon.com/2015/01/27/3553276/telfair-sheriff-killing-suspect.html

I have been doing research on this case and will post later. Mugshot picture for suspect Ronnie "Jay" Adrian Towns, 28, being used was from Cobb County, GA, so he must have been arrested there at some time. Cobb County Superior Court records show no record of a court case for suspect, so no further info is known about this arrest at this time. Suspect's parents' names have been made public: Ronnie (63) and Gwen (61) Towns. His father says "He is a good kid." His mother says evidence "may have been planted" in her son's trailer, so something must have been found there.
Interesting since the black& white stripes he is wearing in front of the judge is Talfair County

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...g-georgia-couple-craigslist-suspect/22420933/

Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns, 28, of neighboring Alamo, Ga. was already in custody, turning himself in (snipped by me)

Robbery appears to be the motive for the couple's killings, but Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson would not say whether the Runions were carrying cash or disclose other details about the case.

Towns lived in neighboring Wheeler County with his family, a wife and a young daughter whom he supported by doing construction work for a local homebuilder, said his uncle, Buddy Towns.

Sorry if this has already been posted but I thought it was so sweet. Fox news reported that Bud this this to their driveway for one of their anniversaries. It maybe hard to see but it is a heart with Bud + June and there is a date at the top but I couldn't make it out. B8YhRbSIUAAiP17.jpg

^^^Regarding above post by me with link...did he or didn't he work? Was he married, separated, divorced? Did he live alone? etc etc etc

Billy McKinnon, owner of McKinnon Inc. Landscape in Helena, said Tuesday that Towns had previously worked for his company, but he was fired several weeks ago for “a violation of company policies.” McKinnon declined to comment further.

Purely speculation, but first thing that popped into my mind...Failed a drug test?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back