Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A gun was used to murder Both Bud and June.
Two people murdered.
What type of person does this?
That Is Evil to me!
What did he think was going to happen when there was No Mustang?
What did he think was going to happen if he did rob them?
What did he feel when one was murdered, then the other murdered?
How could he even get past the First Murder!!!
Two Murders.
That is Evil.
IMOO.

As I said earlier, I'm not assuming yet that he DID it. Though so far it is looking that way, IMO.

I think all of the talk about how some perp looks clearly evil is really unseemly. Physiognomy is not reliable in the least, and is about as worthless a pseudo-science as phrenology. And if it was possible to spot a bad person from their appearance we'd see a lot fewer people getting into trouble with bad people. It's easy after the fact to see a picture of a perp, know what s/he has done, and then say 'oh, look at the evil in that face'. But that's really nothing more than confirmation bias -- the same thing that leads so many posters here to say that they think a perp is 'smirking'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I think all of the talk about how some perp looks clearly evil is really unseemly. Physiognomy is not reliable in the least, and is about as worthless a pseudo-science as phrenology. And if it was possible to spot a bad person from their appearance we'd see a lot fewer people getting into trouble with bad people. It's easy after the fact to see a picture of a perp, know what s/he has done, and then say 'oh, look at the evil in that face'. But that's really nothing more than confirmation bias -- the same thing that leads so many posters here to say that they think a perp is 'smirking'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Mostly agree. Though I do think there may be something to phrenology. ;)

If anyone sees any information posted on the FB page (or elsewhere) about continuing Bud's Bikes in Bud's memory, can you please post it here or give a heads up where to see the information? I'd like to donate, but want to make sure it's legit. TIA.

As I said earlier, I'm not assuming yet that he DID it. Though so far it is looking that way, IMO.

Yes, it does look that way, at this point.
If he has an accomplice, he hasn't said anything.
Why lie to the police and run away?
What was he running away from?
Was he running because he knew they were deceased?
Was he running because he killed them?
If he didn't kill them, then who did? He must know that...
I understand he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
IMOO.

Oh yes other places...not here. I have kinda been glued to this, so been reading a lot. Some in the news report comments, some on FB etc. What I found really funny is many people were saying that wasn't a picture of RT but that it was his brother Josh. Well, his brother Josh was interviewed on the news today, so I wonder what they have to say now. Jeez

So -- having seen Josh, do you think there is any possibility that one of the photos released WAS misidentified?

(Just remembering that several posters have remarked "He looks different in every picture.")

Does anyone think the Runion's let him get in their car? This would explain how he overtook them, that is, if he were sitting in the back seat, he could have shown them his gun.

I have wondered this, but the daughters seem to think their dad was very conscientious and smart about things like this. I also try to put my husband in this situation. He purchased a car for me last year, as a surprise and it was over the internet but not Craigslist, it was a dealership in a different state. He told them upfront that he would give them a $500 down payment, if he liked the car, and then he would get a certified check for the balance. Plus a certified check for the car to be delivered since it was a surprise.

So, I just believe that Bud would have said something like that upfront, as my husband did. I can't imagine he let RT think he was bringing all that in cash. I sure will be interested to see what the answer is to this question. I also wonder if he told RT his wife was coming with him. I would image he did but have wondered it that might have thrown RT off seeing the two people.

What just cuts me to the core, is we see just by the pictures how precious these folks were. How could anyone have done this?

Armed Robbery, they must have had the money with them then. Sadly, I don't think it would have made a difference. Sickening to live your life, with a dream, that dream appears to be within your clutches, and you're killed. Just sad.

So glad the police were able to follow tips/clues/evidence and make an arrest. My fear was Towns would commit suicide before being arrested. Glad it didn't happen for the Runion's family to hopefully see justice.

If this guy didn't act alone, he best start singing like a canary. And if it didn't do it, he best start singing!

This couple was near my own parent's ages. I know my Dad still insist on carrying cash, doesn't even know how to use a debit/credit card, nor write a check. He's never needed to. If he wanted more cash, he would go to the bank, and get it. He has also restored many old Chevy's of a certain year, and would frequently buy used car newspapers or whatever they are called, and several other classified newspapers. Often went alone to check out the cars, and since he was restoring, they didn't need to be all in one piece, or even an entire vehicle. Sometimes he only needed a fender, or hood for another car. Thankfully he was never robbed. Sadly his days of restoring vehicles is over, but I could easily have seen this being him. Mom would only go if it was a long trip, and she wanted to get out of the house. The whole car restoring never was her thing, and while she admired his work, it wasn't a passion like my Dad.

And if anyone asked me today how much cash either of my parents have on them, I couldn't begin to tell you!! I honestly have no idea!! I only know Dad carries cash, and I've never seen Mom without cash, though she does use a debit card for most purchases. I've seen my Dad pull out $300 to pay for things without blinking an eye, and Mom giving him a lecture because others could see he still had cash in his wallet. No idea if he has a set limit he carries. No idea.

If anyone sees any information posted on the FB page (or elsewhere) about continuing Bud's Bikes in Bud's memory, can you please post it here or give a heads up where to see the information? I'd like to donate, but want to make sure it's legit. TIA.
Apologies for the self-quote, but the official Runion FB page has posted where to submit donations in memory of Bud and June's ministry. It is legit and not a bogus individual fundraising page.

I have wondered this, but the daughters seem to think their dad was very conscientious and smart about things like this. I also try to put my husband in this situation. He purchased a car for me last year, as a surprise and it was over the internet but not Craigslist, it was a dealership in a different state. He told them upfront that he would give them a $500 down payment, if he liked the car, and then he would get a certified check for the balance. Plus a certified check for the car to be delivered since it was a surprise.

So, I just believe that Bud would have said something like that upfront, as my husband did. I can't imagine he let RT think he was bringing all that in cash. I sure will be interested to see what the answer is to this question. I also wonder if he told RT his wife was coming with him. I would image he did but have wondered it that might have thrown RT off seeing the two people.

What just cuts me to the core, is we see just by the pictures how precious these folks were. How could anyone have done this?

The down payment on the spot with a certified check to come, or something very similar, is EXACTLY what I have been thinking may have been the "deal" in this case. And, if "Jay" is the perp, he may have told the Runions in pre-communication that would work just fine for him. So he would be pretty assured they would be showing up with SOME amount of money.

I wondered about whether Bud having June along might have thrown the perp a bit, too. Bud MAY have mentioned it, but it may just not have come up in their conversations.

Interesting about this article that came out today:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...f-new-con-targeting-iphone-6-shoppers01272015

The article mentions about if a person is selling on Craigslist, they should request Cash Only, no checks and no cashier's checks.

I think, in my opinion, his plan from the very beginning was to lure them there to him and rob them AND murder them. And IF it is true that they did not have the cash money on them, then he probably got even angrier because then he knew he still had to carry thru with murdering them and he wasn't even going to get any $$$ out of it. I hate to think what Bud and June may have went thru before their demise.

I've yet to develop the talent of detecting true evil in mugshots and snippets. I realize some do feel they can, and maybe they can indeed. I just don't feel confident, myself, calling it on a mugshot.

Agree he does look a bit like Dahmer. But then, Dahmer never LOOKED all that scary or evil to me.

ETA: He DOES "look like" a drug user, to me. But I could be wrong there, too.

I thought his eyes in his book in pic and then seeing him today looked evil. But the other pictures, just looked like a normal guy. I don't know much about drugs thankfully, but I feel this is probably drug related.

(Do you guys remember that case by any chance, there was a murder in a small town, like a town out of an old western...it literally tore the whole town apart, drama, corruption, topix galore, the case was featured on a crime show like dateline or something a loooong time ago...ugh, what was it? I'm out there in cyberland and am reminded to a T of this case and I can't for the life of me remember what it is...I know this prob sounds like a lot of stories, but there is one in particular...marking my spot to see if it comes back to me...I remember I went to topix after I saw the show and was blown away, the separation between the townspeople...maybe involving a young couple? Bf Gf? Billy something maybe..john?...hope it comes to me...)

This is just me going down the "what if he isn't guilty of the murder portion of this program". Take it with a grain of salt.
Yes, it does look that way, at this point.
If he has an accomplice, he hasn't said anything.
Maybe he actually doesn't know who did it.
Why lie to the police and run away?
Because he was guilty of trying to defraud them. Maybe he did rob them (with a mask on), but not kill them.
What was he running away from?
Jail, because he was guilty of fraud.
Was he running because he knew they were deceased?
Maybe, maybe not.
Was he running because he killed them?
Maybe, maybe not
If he didn't kill them, then who did? He must know that...
Not necessarily if he left them alive and upset and someone else came along and killed them.
I understand he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
IMOO.

Is it common for someone to name a suspect, and then say, "They come from a good family"? Just wondering, I'm not used to seeing that. Small town thing?

(Do you guys remember that case by any chance, there was a murder in a small town, like a town out of an old western...it literally tore the whole town apart, drama.corruption on topix galore, the case was featured on a crime show like dateline or something a loooong time ago...ugh, what was it? I'm out there in cyberland and am reminded to a T of this case and I can;t for the life of me remember what it is...talks of corruption...I know this prob sounds like a lot of stories, but there is one in particular...marking my spot to see if it comes back to me...I remember I went to topix after I saw the show and was blown away, the separation between the townspeople...maybe involving a young couple? Bf Gf? Billy something maybe...hope it comes to me...)

Doesn't ring a bell -- but hope you can find it.

Think I better take myself over to the McRae Topix here soon and see what all is being said. Y'all have got me curious now.

I had trouble falling asleep last night, as I know many did, with all this going 'round in my head -- first, the awful sadness of it all, then trying to figure out scenarios of how it may have happened.

One POSSIBLE thing I thought: Suppose he set up a meeting place with them -- some say maybe a store, that's not from MSM, though. But say an old abandoned store. He might have said: "There's this old store, kind of a landmark - meet me there and then y'all can follow me to my place, because it's a little bit hard to find. I'll be driving a (whatever kind of vehicle) --when you see that. that'll be me."

So the Runions arrive at the meeting spot, park their vehicle to wait. Perp is concealed in nearby woods -- the plan is to come out, masked and disguised and with a weapon, and hold them up right there. In other words, try to make it look like someone OTHER than the "Mustang-owner" sees this older, Atlanta-area couple parked in this remote spot in South Georgia and decides to rob them (Nah, not a good plan either -- just one way he MIGHT have thought he could get money without killing.)

But maybe Bud balked, or Bud had a gun, too, or -- something.

I just had a horrible thought. I hope he didn't get Bud's gun away from him (if he had one). I just feel like he would have being former military. My husband always has his, and we live in a basically crime free area, but he always says you just never know.

Is it common for someone to name a suspect, and then say, "They come from a good family"? Just wondering, I'm not used to seeing that. Small town thing?

I think probably not all that uncommon to say something like that, in a small community, especially if the media is asking about the suspect's background. Which, IMO, the media has been.

I just had a horrible thought. I hope he didn't get Bud's gun away from him (if he had one). I just feel like he would have being former military. My husband always has his, and we live in a basically crime free area, but he always says you just never know.

Seems like you and I have been playing some of the same scenarios in our imaginations. All pretty horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0
Back