Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Before entering the court, RT claimed, "I didn't do it."

I joined WS in 1-2004, and I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard/read a murder defendant say the same thing. If I did, by now I could go out with my hubby to a very exclusive restaurant, and have the best meal available.:D

Its always 'I didn't do it' or "I am not the one' "I'm innocent' but let the trial come forth with the evidence, and oh yeah...they were the ones alright. lol

(How do family members maintain their composure in the courtroom within feet from the suspect in times like this and not go unleashed...I would have to be sedated or restrained...)

I hear ya on that!
I wouldn't want to be sedated though, and I would probably get contempt of court, for my outburst and lunging at the Mike Foxtrot!!!
For him to shoot them in their heads!!! My God if that happened to my parents or family, yeah I'd get a contempt of court because I couldn't
and WOULDN'T restrain myself. I am MAD and SICK about it right now!! I feel for the Runion's children and grandchildren!!!
IMOO.

LOTS of drugs in these south georgia counties, seems they get a harder rap than any others sometimes, but I know people down there and they have plenty of land to drop the drugs and land the aircrafts

ANYHOO

Living with his parents, lost his job, recently divorced, and CHILD SUPPORT, didnt' we see a kid on his ex's FB page, not sure but if there was one, it would be ironic, robbing and killing someone to stay out of jail to pay your child support to stay out of jail, very sad and ironic

Seems to me he probably thought this would be an easy deal, not sure the intent was to kill, CLEARLY didnt' have a clue or has done this before and he came out inscathed possibly, not sure how or some other smaller scam and as it goes, small things turn into big things, over time, those small sins don't seem like sins at all and then things get bigger and worse, then this

I still think Sherriff S was a little disturbed by the whole thing, then their is the store clerk who said he was always quiet, well you know what they say about the quiet ones

Still wonder how he go them down there, seems they may have met at or near his dads home on webb cemetery rd, must be the MH on the 4 acres, the other house as Margerita25 pointed out was very small, and as I checked further, seems to be the old home place built 1900

someone suggest RT gifted his property of 4 acres with MH back to his father becuase of divorce, sounds plausible

This is just sick and shocking (they all still shock me)

Can't for the life of me figure out why he dropped the car on those medal pipes out of all the places he could have in that pond, seems it stopped it from sinking, but gladly so, it didnt' sink and copters probably ID'd it

I'm so sorry for the Runion family and friends

I'm also so sorry for the Towns family and RT baby and can't imagine what his ex wife knows or is thinking/feeling nor his parents

The Runions did their good deeds on this earth and are with their maker, it's sad to see those so saintly go like this but clearly they were prepared with their faith and hospitable nature and good deeds

God bless all the families

BBM

Most cases tried in the US are circumstantial evidence cases. Very few are direct evidence cases since a direct evidence case means there was a direct witness/witnesses to the crime. Everything else such as phone records, forensic evidence, lay witness testimony ,investigators and expert testimony, etc are pieces of circumstantial evidence.

Many cases are tried and result in a conviction when the murder weapon is never found. Finding the weapon isn't something the DA is required to have to prove their case BARD.

I have a suspicion that someone around there knew he had a small handgun in the same caliber that killed the Runions. Men usually show their weapons off when they get them to someone they know. And it may be one of his dad's gun and the gun may have been registered since it is a handgun and not a long gun which doesn't have to be registered when purchased.

Rifles are also made to fire small caliber, a most common "small caliber" round is the .22LR, lot's of fun for plink shooting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Long_Rifle

Do we know if he actually took money from the Runions? I've read that they had $22,000 on them then read that they didn't take money to buy the car. If RT had their money, he would've had the resources to run a lot farther than he did.

I don't think that's clear... but I have a feeling they did not have the money on them that he was expecting them to have.

I know I asked before about the gun/pistol used against the Couple, I don't know why I failed to ask or make the thought known- I wonder if it might have been Bud's personal one from the GMC Envoy. Him being ex-military it would not surprise me.
Besides- I am raised a Texas country girl - we always carry.

I carry too.

But I don't think Bud had a chance to pull any weapon even if he had one.

Like I posted this morning before the news came out I felt they both had been shot ....I think they picked him up at a designated location and he got into the backseat of their vehicle to show them the way to the non-existing Mustang. He probably told them if they decided they wanted the Mustang they would have to give him a ride home anyway so this way they could just go to his place and pick it up from there and he would show them how to get down the rural road. All lies of course and setting his trap.

I still think he pulled his weapon on them from the backseat and made Bud pullover close to where the vehicle was found and then took them in the woods and killed Bud first (which wouldn't take but seconds). He probably grabbed June to make Bud compliant. He could have shot Bud while holding one arm across June's neck and after he shot him he drug her further in the woods, and shot her where she was found.

IMO, Towns came packing heat.

BBM

Rifles are also made to fire small caliber, a most common "small caliber" round is the .22LR, lot's of fun for plink shooting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Long_Rifle

True but I thought it was said that they were killed with a small caliber handgun. Perhaps a .22 or .25? I don't see him having a rifle to do this robbery/murders. A handgun can easily be concealed in his clothing.

Tallula.Belle, when you say you have read that several people have taken up for him, you mean on other sites (like FB)? I don't recall reading any of that here, I'd be surprised if I did. Thanks! :)

I carry too.

But I don't think Bud had a chance to pull any weapon even if he had one.

Like I posted this morning before the news came out I felt they both had been shot ....I think they picked him up at a designated location and he got into the backseat of their vehicle to show them the way to the non-existing Mustang. He probably told them if they decided they wanted the Mustang they would have to give him a ride home anyway so this way they could just go to his place and pick it up from there and he would show them how to get down the rural road. All lies of course and setting his trap.

I still think he pulled his weapon on them from the backseat and made Bud pullover close to where the vehicle was found and then took them in the woods and killed Bud first (which wouldn't take but seconds). He probably grabbed June to make Bud compliant. He could have shot Bud while holding one arm across June's neck and after he shot him he drug her further in the woods, and shot her where she was found.

IMO, Towns came packing heat.

Sounds very well like it could have played out just that way. Do you think he even knew they didn't have the money with them (if in fact they didn't) until after he killed them? I just imagine Bud and June probably thought he was a nice young man and I can even see Bud shaking his hand.

I love my home state of Georgia and wouldn't live anywhere else. McRae is about 60 miles north of where I live. I have been there though and its a great little town with friendly warm people in it. Someone put up a link earlier saying it was the 6th safest city in Georgia.

That is why it has hit this small town hard. Things this horrendous just don't happen in McRae but evil has no boundaries and can appear anywhere and it happen to strike this quaint little town. I am sure it has crushed the wonderful people who live there. They have to be devastated too.

I never thought I would leave my hometown but God made it clear this was where we are to be for now. I plan to go back in a few years. My husband while from TN, has lived all over the world and he laughs at me, but like you it is exactly where I want to be.

True but I thought it was said that they were killed with a small caliber handgun. Perhaps a .22 or .25? I don't see him having a rifle to do this robbery/murders. A handgun can easily be concealed in his clothing.

All that was said they were shot with a small caliber Gun. Did not say what type .The only way they could say what type would be if they had it in evidence . Which I don't think they do . IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My sincerest condolences to the Runion family. Since I first heard they were missing and saw their picture something just drew me in, like I could tell they were wonderful people. My parent are 71, not that much older than Bud and June. My heart just breaks for them and I'm praying for them.

I'm also praying for all the law enforcement officials investigating this and working on putting the scum away forever for this senseless, heartless, henious, vile crime.

Sounds very well like it could have played out just that way. Do you think he even knew they didn't have the money with them (if in fact they didn't) until after he killed them? I just imagine Bud and June probably thought he was a nice young man and I can even see Bud shaking his hand.

That is still up in the air isn't it? I mean about Bud not having the cash? I am not sure his grown daughters would know that for sure. I do expect or hope in the coming days we may have that verified one way or the other as the Cobb County investigators start going over the Runion bank accounts looking for that particular transaction.

But, yes, I absolutely do think he thought they would bring the cash with them. Most do, and don't drive that far just to look, and then come back another day. It would have been a 360 mile round trip if the Runions had made it back home safely. And if it had turned out to be the special Mustang that Towns said it was then I don't think Bud would take the chance of someone else getting the car before he could return.

But if he didn't have the cash on him, I am sure it enraged Towns who would know he was in deep doo by then. His motive was certainly robbery but whether that spurred these heinous actions or the fact was Bud didn't have the cash with him... caused him to go ballistic the end results would have been the same, sadly to say, imo.

He knew he had to murder them because if he didn't they would go right to the police and tell them he was the one that tried or did rob them. Either way he was going to prevent them from ever telling what he had done. They could ID him and he knew it.

IMO

Sheriff Steverson speaks:

[video=youtube;KmBW6D-rS6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmBW6D-rS6U&x-yt-cl=84838260&x-yt-ts=1422327029[/video]

All that was said they were shot with a small caliber Gun. Did not say what type .The only way they could say what type would be if they had it in evidence . Which I don't think they do . IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok thank you.

I just don't see him using a rifle that is easily seen though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back