Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
hmm, interesting, she felt she could h ave talked him OUT OF something meaning she knew Towns would do something like this??

would love to see that video, would love it if that had happened before all this did!

It sounds like she thought if the Runions had given her RT's phone number and she had called him telling him the Runions were trying to find him that would have ruined his plans for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDmOhbbknEk

That report says he met them at a diner, then they followed him to "see the car". Interesting. Maybe meeting them at a diner was a way to gain their trust. Although I have not seen that (meeting at a diner) reported anywhere else.

I am not sure that is going to turnout to be true. I just read the WSBTV article posted above and they stopped for directions at an antique shop for a certain road. If they really met him at a diner I think they would have asked the lady where this particular diner was located.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/murder-charges-filed-in-craigslist-killings/njyDc/

Two examples stand out; Bud’s bicycle ministry and the couple’s annual aid trip to Appalachia.
Bud’s Bikes started years ago when he started repairing old bicycles and donating them to children living in several housing projects near the church he and his wife attended for nearly 30 years, Mt. Paran North Church of God in Marietta.
The need was great enough that Runion’s driveway often resembled a bike repair shop, said Marcy Mixon, a longtime neighbor of the Runions.
Not all of the bicycles went to needy families in Marietta. Each year, the Runions would pack up bikes, toys, clothing and food and drive through Appalachia giving the items to the desperately poor. The trip took days, but the Runions always seemed refreshed when it was over.
“Where there were people in need, Bud and June wanted to help them,” said Pastor Mark Walker of Mt. Paran North. “They met the needs of untold thousands of people.”

They were truly wonderful people .. Breaks my heart! :(

Just tried looking up 66 Mustang values, and this case is what comes up the most on Google. Without seeing a photo of what Towns claimed to have, it's hard to say whether it seemed like a good deal or not. With the classic cars, in many years there aren't many left of particular color, or certain motors, etc. As someone stated, the value is what someone is willing to write a check for. And I guess in many cases, that is true. What is valuable to one person, might not be to the next.

It really depends on the model, where and when it was built along with other factors and while there are a number of unique 1966 models that will run near the $50k reading the Runion's ad specs it probably was closer to a $25k to $30k range so $22k was probably thought to be a good deal. Didn't someone say or post a pic of what was claimed to be what Towns used upthread or no?

I also agree with those that think the Runions might well have taken cash with them, it was a long drive and being a bit of a car buff and owning a couple myself if I get to a point where I am going to drive any real distance I've pretty much decided I'm going to buy...and I always take cash because the accepted rule of barter usually has the buyer asking for a lower price initially and getting a break unless you have decided in advance on a "firm" price. They probably did not want to concern their daughters by telling them since we can presume they did have some convo about it otherwise why would the one daughter have thought that?

When you use a gun it's always armed robbery IIRC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, that is true but what I was referring to is they have upped it from 'attempted theft by deception' to now 'armed robbery.' Imo, which means LE found something belonging to the Runions in Towns possession or maybe located in his mobile home.

IMO

It sounds like she thought if the Runions had given her RT's phone number and she had called him telling him the Runions were trying to find him that would have ruined his plans for them.

OH how I do wish Ms Kinnette had called !

Rr

The Towns family seems genuine. I did detect a few cracks, however. The first was when the reporter asked Ronnie, Sr. if Jay had ever been in trouble. Ronnie, Sr. gave a weak, no, not really, answer, then said maybe some minor stuff ( I paraphrased, as I don't remember his exact words ). His sister admitted they weren't as close as they used to be, implying a minor rift in their relationship.

IMHO

I am not sure that is going to turnout to be true. I just read the WSBTV article posted above and they stopped for directions at an antique shop for a certain road. If they really met him at a diner I think they would have asked the lady where this particular diner was located.

You know, I dont' know who killed them but appearances seems that RT did, must've found something on him like you said, but there was "no mustang" and the Runions talked to RT (presumably RT) on a phone that was purchased by RT (for the purpose of this deception?)
Then the phone was turned off according to reports after having met or killed the Runions

He sure left a trail, WHO would be THAT obvious in such a crime, that's the only thing that's puzzling, and I know my own words are always, "shallow sense of right and wrong" but good grief, what a trail!

Was the phone still in his possession I wonder

Naturally some kid would deny this to his father

I just keep picturing the Runions all happy then this, God so awful

I hope we get more info and if (IF) this kids not guilty that the real killer is found, hate to see this also end up like the Dermonds, unsolved and no trails but so far, the authorities have what they need to charge him

ALso wondered about the move to DODGE co facility

Rr

The Towns family seems genuine. I did detect a few cracks, however. The first was when the reporter asked Ronnie, Sr. if Jay had ever been in trouble. Ronnie, Sr. gave a weak, no, not really, answer, then said maybe some minor stuff ( I paraphrased, as I don't remember his exact words ). His sister admitted they weren't as close as they used to be, implying a minor rift in their relationship.

IMHO

YES, I noticed that too, so I was thinking ok, so he HAS been in some trouble, but many have and doesnt' make him a killer

Also, wondered about the sibling fall out,

but also noticed how sister said he was so NORMAL acting through all this before and after, and did she say she saw him saturday too, guessing after his dad brought him in, he acted normal

May be he's just psychopath cold, IDK

Rr

IMHO

THey do seem genuine and totally shocked, like most people are saying, no criminal history and at 28, pepole just dont come out of no criminal behavior to THIS, so I can ONLY IMAGINE their shock

YOu know talking about psychopath cold

Wonder what his normal demeaner is.......

He was kind of monotone but strong voice in the reply to the judge asking did he understand the charges

Didn't seem scared at all

I guess those that have no fear are the ones we should fear

Out of all the cases I have followed on WS, this one has gotten to me the most. My sincere condolences and prayers go out to the Runion family. With so many illnesses that can take our loved ones away from us...Greed and pure evil should not be a reason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TinaMarie77
Back