GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a video here of his 2 minute talk at the airport.

Blah, blah ... I did nothing wrong .. blah, blah .. travesty .. blah .. must be able to challenge an election.

He is writing (speaking) his own narrative ... as always.

He wasn't charged with challenging an election. He was charged with racketeering and conspiracy.

I am sure his supporters will only hear that he was "challenging" the election, not that he was racketeering and conspiring to overthrow the chosen votes of the majority of Americans.
What his supporters are hearing is the term, "political persecution" because the news media is helpfully repeating it... Over, and over. I didn't vote for the guy and I agree with him. lol

JMO
I love it!! Can't wait to see the merch.

JMO

Mugshot released
Yep, BIG MAD.
Angry Zoolander. imo

a.jpg a1.jpg a2.jpg
(Links previously provided)

Apparently, some are happy to be charged with racketeering and conspiring to overthrow an election. Others, not so much.

The NY Times called it in an article they posted today ... that DT has long favoured a scowl over a grin, to project "strength". And that is what they expected to see.

Why Are Trump’s Accused Co-Conspirators Smiling for Their Mug Shots?

What his supporters are hearing is the term, "political persecution" because the news media is helpfully repeating it... Over, and over. I didn't vote for the guy and I agree with him. lol

JMO

I love it!! Can't wait to see the merch.

JMO
He’ll probably use it to sell stuff himself to raise $$ for his personal use.

Chris McGreal

Donald Trump’s hostility shines through in the mugshot taken at the Fulton county jail as he was booked on charges of trying to steal the 2020 presidential election.

The former president turns his eyes up to glare toward the camera above him.

Dressed in a blue suit, white shirt and red tie, he makes no attempt to put on a smile like some of his co-accused in their booking photos. Instead, his mouth is taught and downturned.

The picture does not flatter, but it does convey the message many of Trump’s supporters want to hear – one of belligerence.

The six-pointed star of the Fulton county sheriff’s office badge and the name of the sheriff, Patrick Labat, sits in the top left-hand corner of the picture. But some will be disappointed that Trump is not seen in the classic pose holding a board in front of his chest with his name and date of arrest.

For all that, the former president’s supporters are already embracing the booking photo as a badge of honour and defiance. It will be held up as evidence that their man will not give up the fight against a system his followers see as ever more determined to bring him down and prevent him returning to the White House. The mugshot’s rapid appearance on T-shirts, posters and, well, mugs glorifying a martyred Trump can be expected.

The president’s detractors, on the other hand, will see the booking photo as evidence that even a man who was once the most powerful person in the land cannot escape the might of the justice system.

Some will welcome anything that makes him look even a little bit more criminal as a confirmation that sooner or later he is going to prison. The accused may be innocent until a plea or a jury says otherwise, but mugshots can have a way of conveying guilt.

JMO

I think Americans need to be more long-sighted than that.

If DT and his co-conspirators are allowed to get away with racketeering and conspiracy, what will they try to get away with next?

It is a scary outlook for the whole world, as the possibilities are endless.

Other countries have had a trust issue with DT for quite a while.
This just cannot be for US allies (like Australia) who support the US in just about every skirmish and provide secret foreign intelligence to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest