GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
" Donald Trump's team had discussed the former president's mug shot prior to him taking it at the Fulton County jail Thursday evening, two sources familiar with the discussions told CNN.

Trump ultimately decided he wanted to appear "defiant" in the shot, and purposefully chose not to smile, the sources said. "

I think they tried to copy Winston Churchill's look.
BIG fail, bigly !
What a narcissist !

View attachment 442773
Lol. I didn’t see your post when I said that. But yeah, staged.

I think Americans need to be more long-sighted than that.

If DT and his co-conspirators are allowed to get away with racketeering and conspiracy, what will they try to get away with next?

It is a scary outlook for the whole world, as the possibilities are endless.

Other countries have had a trust issue with DT for quite a while.
This just cannot be for US allies (like Australia) who support the US in just about every skirmish and provide secret foreign intelligence to the US.
The problem many have--including me--is the timing of this indictment. It is obviously political. Willis announced the pending indictment the same week Biden announced he was running for re-election. Willis is also running for reelection.

The other problem many have--including me--is using the Defendant's own words as "evidence." There's this thing called the First Amendment that I value.

Trump and his supporters thought there were irregularities in 2020 that needed to be investigated. That's allowed. Trump's legal advisors thought delaying the certification was legal. Pence (a lawyer) nixed it. The "conspiracy" ended.

Hillary Clinton still questions the 2016 election. Stacey Abrams questioned the validity of her two runs for GA Governor. Nixon went all out in 1960. Challenging election results isn't unique or limited to Trump.

JMO

Morton led the charge. On November 11, just three days after the election, he announced proceedings to question the electoral results in Illinois, Texas and nine other states (Delaware, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Pennsylvania and South Carolina). At one point, Morton claimed the RNC had received 35,000 letters and telegrams with anecdotal accounts of fraud.

Days later, Hall and Finch deputized staffers to carry out what the Associated Press dubbed “field checks” in eight contested states—essentially, poking around, seeing whether they could find suspiciously pro-Kennedy totals in any precincts. Democrats saw the project as troublemaking. Democratic National Committee Chair Henry L. Jackson called it “a fishing expedition on a grand scale.” Former President Harry Truman called the whispering campaign about rampant fraud “a lot of hooey” and said the Republicans were “just a bunch of poor losers.”

An early wire service report associated Nixon with the plans to contest the results. But soon after, he seemed to realize the damage such an association could cause him, and he publicly distanced himself from the challenges. The Republicans going forward with investigations were acting independently of him, he protested—even though they included all of his top aides. Not everyone believed the story. When, for example, Nixon told Ralph de Toledano, a conservative journalist and friend, that President Dwight Eisenhower was the one urging him to contest the election but that he was refusing to do so, Toledano blanched, knowing the opposite to be the case. “This was the first time,” Toledano later wrote, “I ever caught Nixon in a lie.”

The problem many have--including me--is the timing of this indictment. It is obviously political. Willis announced the pending indictment the same week Biden announced he was running for re-election. Willis is also running for reelection.

Political or not ... there are serious charges to face. With thousands and thousands of pages of evidence.

DT and his co-conspirators should not get a free pass because some think the indictments are 'political'. They are still valid grand jury criminal indictments, and the cases should be tried in a court of law.

As I said, this has interest to the world - not just to the US which is deeply immersed in duality of opinion and has formed hard political battle lines. Other countries see past the battle lines because we are not involved in (and, quite frankly, do not care about) those. We are looking to the future.

imo

former Mayor of Atlanta

@KeishaBottoms

I joined @CNN for an interview at the Fulton County Jail. The crowd thought that I was Fani Willis and yelled, “Lock her up!”at me.
Or maybe the crowd recognized her as the former Mayor who landed in hot water? She looks nothing like DA Willis.
JMO

In 2017 we reported then city councilwoman Keisha Lance Bottoms charged taxpayers $40,000 for her end of the year city council district flyer. But, she mailed it outside her district and all across the city. It included 80 pictures of her in action.

Our report lead to a 2018 campaign finance complaint when Keisha Lance Bottoms ran for Mayor. Log Cabin Republicans wanted Bottoms investigated for the flyer and other campaign disclosure issues.

Political or not ... there are serious charges to face. With thousands and thousands of pages of evidence.

DT and his co-conspirators should not get a free pass because some think the indictments are 'political'. They are still valid grand jury criminal indictments, and the cases should be tried in a court of law.

As I said, this has interest to the world - not just to the US which is deeply immersed in duality of opinion and has formed hard political battle lines. Other countries see past the battle lines because we are not involved in (and, quite frankly, do not care about) those. We are looking to the future.

imo
As an American, I’m looking to the future too. I want this whole piece of our history to be in the rear view mirror. I’ve spent almost the last decade stressed, frustrated, upset, and discouraged by what I’ve seen in my country. I want to move past this and make the defendant a chapter in a history book.

imo
I think all that "evidence" consists of tweets, emails, phone calls. All protected under the First Amendment. I don't believe any of them are worried about being convicted in Georgia.

JMO

As they say, we're all entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts. I'm looking forward to seeing the evidence against these people. It's difficult for me to believe the charges would have been brought at all if they were shaky in the least. The timing can't really be helped. He announced his run long before his own team advised. That seems very intentional to me. And, not for nothing, his cronies are actively investigating Biden and his son as we speak - also during a campaign. Can't have it both ways. Same for the squealing about the "two-tiered" justice system. It certainly is two-tiered, but neither Trump or Biden are victims of it. IMO

I think all that "evidence" consists of tweets, emails, phone calls. All protected under the First Amendment. I don't believe any of them are worried about being convicted in Georgia.

JMO

They are not "protected".

Like social media posts and other forms of digital communication, text messages can be used as evidence in court and can be instrumental in the outcome of both criminal and civil cases.

In criminal cases, Buckfire says text messages are often used to show a person’s motive, intent to commit an alleged crime, or state of mind ahead of time.

One of the most valuable lessons Buckfire says he’s learned from practicing law is to be careful about how you communicate things. “What you put in writing will come back to haunt you,” he says.

How Your Texts Can Be Used As Evidence

BIG fail, bigly !
What a narcissist !
That’s an interesting take on it, @whitelilac.

I can definitely picture him thinking he’s as tough as Churchill. (Assuming he knows who Churchill is, of course)!

If this was Trump’s thought, he’s further displaying his ignorance. Yes, Churchill scowled but a) his was a portrait, not a mug shot and b) the photographer intentionally snatched Churchill’s cigar from him immediately before he took the picture, in order to elicit a strong reaction.

I had figured once I saw Rudy’s mug shot that Trump would try to out-defy him; I said it in some post way above lol.

JMO

JMO
You are free to tweet, email, and make phone calls, but you can't break the law using tweets, emails, and phone calls.

jmo

" Donald Trump's team had discussed the former president's mug shot prior to him taking it at the Fulton County jail Thursday evening, two sources familiar with the discussions told CNN.

Trump ultimately decided he wanted to appear "defiant" in the shot, and purposefully chose not to smile, the sources said. "

BIG fail, bigly !
What a narcissist !

View attachment 442773
IMO it's another take at incitement when you consider Churchill's famous Never Surrender, "we shall fight" speech ... in part:

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

As an American, I’m looking to the future too. I want this whole piece of our history to be in the rear view mirror. I’ve spent almost the last decade stressed, frustrated, upset, and discouraged by what I’ve seen in my country. I want to move past this and make the defendant a chapter in a history book.

Seeing the racist abuse DA Willis, her staff, and some election workers have been subjected to by followers of the big lie, students of the future in GA likely won't be able to learn about these events, imo. GA (like other Republican-led states) recently passed a classroom "divisive concepts" law.

Though the law is supposedly about race, a suburban Atlanta teacher just lost her job for reading a book that contained gender identity.

Anyway, all that to say (and to keep this on topic), based on laws in various states, these indictments (and trial, assuming it happens) may not even be taught in some states, including GA.

The former guy won't even get fame in history books.

Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member