GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Thu, August 24, 2023 at 9:20 PM EDT

Here is Trump's mug shot (Fulton County Sheriff's Office)​

Donald Trump

Last edited:
I think it was intentional, in order to show anger and defiance.
We know how important image is to him so maybe you're right. But, remember that this is a moment in time when Trump is being treated like a mere mortal. It'll be twisted as a win because what else is there but I honestly believe being treated like any common criminal would have irked him to no end. In his other arrests, he was given favorable treatment not normally afforded others. So where other folks might see defiance or constipation (lol) - I see pure, narcissistic rage. JMO

Political or not ... there are serious charges to face. With thousands and thousands of pages of evidence.

DT and his co-conspirators should not get a free pass because some think the indictments are 'political'. They are still valid grand jury criminal indictments, and the cases should be tried in a court of law.

As I said, this has interest to the world - not just to the US which is deeply immersed in duality of opinion and has formed hard political battle lines. Other countries see past the battle lines because we are not involved in (and, quite frankly, do not care about) those. We are looking to the future.

imo
I really appreciate your insight. I'm an American who has lived in Old Blighty for 15 years so I think I have a unique view. 80% of Americans don't own a passport and because the geography of America is so incredibly vast I think it's easy to become insular and allow the rest of the world to melt away. I'm not sure many Americans realize the extent of who is president plays out across the entire globe - I certainly didn't until I lived abroad. Many of the same nefarious actors that helped to elect Trump also aided the Brexit referendum which has absolutely hobbled the British economy, worsened our country dramatically and led to much regret and upheaval. (For reminder: Trump used to refer to himself as 'Mr. Brexit'.)

I just cannot stress the incalculable damage Trump has done to the very perception of America though. And when you talk to folks, there's a wariness there that didn't exist before Trump. A broken trust.

I have a thick midwest accent that's often confused for Canadian and I eventually stopped correcting people during Trump's term because it was so much easier than having to explain how and why I believed Trump was elected, that I didn't support or vote for him, feel like I needed to apologize, etc. Ironically I'm more patriotic now than I was when I lived on American soil - the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are absolutely precious and so unique to the American ideal - to see them trounced on by a megalomaniac has been excruciating to watch from afar.

I feel an immense amount of relief that Georgia has indicted. There was a time, not so long ago, a former president being held to account seemed impossible to consider. All JMO

Last edited:

The new line of mug-shot-inspired gear appeared on Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign site Thursday night shortly after the photo taken at an Atlanta jail was released to the public.TRUMP 2024
The new line of mug-shot-inspired gear appeared on Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign site Thursday night shortly after the photo taken at an Atlanta jail was released to the public.

The new line of mug-shot-inspired gear appeared on Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign site Thursday night shortly after the photo taken at an Atlanta jail was released to the public.TRUMP 2024
The new line of mug-shot-inspired gear appeared on Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign site Thursday night shortly after the photo taken at an Atlanta jail was released to the public.
The absolute irony of merchandising yourself as "never surrender" with photographic evidence of you ... literally surrendering yourself at jail.

"Defendants that need to surrender

Stephen Lee: A police chaplain from Illinois, Lee went to the home of Fulton election worker Ruby Freeman and threatened her. He allegedly pressured Freeman to admit she committed election fraud. Lee faces five charges, mostly related to influencing witnesses.

Trevian Kutti: The one-time publicist for the rapper formerly known as Kayne West, Kutti was also involved in the alleged Freeman pressure plot. Kutti faces charges of conspiracy to commit solicitation of false statements and writings as well as influencing witnesses."

I've been thinking about the defendant using a bail bondsman and have brainstormed a few ideas. I'm no financial guru and I've never had to post bail, so these could very well be off-the-mark - feel free to shoot the ideas down!

Going with a bail bondsman means you only have to put up 10% instead of the full amount, which as a known cheapskate, might appeal to DT. But, you don't get that money back. "The bail bondsman will typically charge defendants a non-refundable fee of 10% of the amount of the bond." (Source below)

So, he's out $20K, which may be small beans to a so-called billionaire. But if he paid for himself, he would get the full amount back later (unless he flees). Seems like a better financial decision for someone with money to self-fund.

My hunch is he didn't want to put up any property as bail because that would require releasing financial records he doesn't want seen. Does he really own the properties? Is the financing wonky? Are there debts he doesn't want known? idk

A conspiracy theorist might conclude he plans to flee and that's why he used a bondsman, who will be stuck with the bill. I do not think so.

My overall impression is that it was speedier and smoother to use a bail bondman while at the same time, allowed him not to have to provide personal financial information. That might be worth the $20K he lost.

I'm curious if the other well-to-do defendants used a bondsman or self-paid?

Again, these are guesses, and I'm not presenting as facts.

jmo

I've been thinking about the defendant using a bail bondsman and have brainstormed a few ideas. I'm no financial guru and I've never had to post bail, so these could very well be off-the-mark - feel free to shoot the ideas down!

Going with a bail bondsman means you only have to put up 10% instead of the full amount, which as a known cheapskate, might appeal to DT. But, you don't get that money back. "The bail bondsman will typically charge defendants a non-refundable fee of 10% of the amount of the bond." (Source below)

So, he's out $20K, which may be small beans to a so-called billionaire. But if he paid for himself, he would get the full amount back later (unless he flees). Seems like a better financial decision for someone with money to self-fund.

My hunch is he didn't want to put up any property as bail because that would require releasing financial records he doesn't want seen. Does he really own the properties? Is the financing wonky? Are there debts he doesn't want known? idk

A conspiracy theorist might conclude he plans to flee and that's why he used a bondsman, who will be stuck with the bill. I do not think so.

My overall impression is that it was speedier and smoother to use a bail bondman while at the same time, allowed him not to have to provide personal financial information. That might be worth the $20K he lost.

I'm curious if the other well-to-do defendants used a bondsman or self-paid?

Again, these are guesses, and I'm not presenting as facts.

jmo

Of course this ^^ is assuming he actually did pay the bondsman and didn't get a deal from a fan for the privilege of fronting bail money. In my observation, his fans seem ready to give him money. idk

jmo

Hey, Pastor Lee, the "mighty fortress" isn't just a hymn sung on Sundays. It might be quite literal for you. He is charged, among other counts, of influencing witness Ruby Freeman. Doesn't the Bible say a little something about bearing false witness against your neighbor?

"David Shestokas, an attorney representing Lee, said a bond agreement has been reached with Fulton County authorities, and Lee will turn himself in on Friday morning, the deadline for defendants to voluntarily surrender. Lee’s bond has been set at $75,000.

But Shestokas said he still contends a $75,000 bond for Lee isn’t reasonable.

“I think that’s an excessive bond. He’s a pastor. These are not folks that do things to get wealthy,” Shestokas said. “There’s no reason to believe he’s a flight risk. I advised them that he is not a wealthy man and wouldn’t be able to make bond.”

bbm. I guess we'll find out today if the pastor is held or released.

edited to remove a little bit of snark. I take this situation personally, having connections w/ Missouri-Synod. Not happy with the pastor.

Last edited:

The irony in that he actually "Surrendered" to Georgia yesterday; I note too that they conveniently photoshopped out the Fulton County Sheriff's Office Star.

Truth: Even his "Mugshot Merch" is a LIE.

Hey, Pastor Lee, the "mighty fortress" isn't just a hymn sung on Sundays. It might be quite literal for you. He is charged, among other counts, of influencing witness Ruby Freeman. Doesn't the Bible say a little something about bearing false witness against your neighbor?

"David Shestokas, an attorney representing Lee, said a bond agreement has been reached with Fulton County authorities, and Lee will turn himself in on Friday morning, the deadline for defendants to voluntarily surrender. Lee’s bond has been set at $75,000.

But Shestokas said he still contends a $75,000 bond for Lee isn’t reasonable.

“I think that’s an excessive bond. He’s a pastor. These are not folks that do things to get wealthy,” Shestokas said. “There’s no reason to believe he’s a flight risk. I advised them that he is not a wealthy man and wouldn’t be able to make bond.”

bbm. I guess we'll find out today if the pastor is held or released.

edited to remove a little bit of snark. I take this situation personally, having connections w/ Missouri-Synod. Not happy with the pastor.

From the article you linked, one of the photo captions says, "Stephen Lee, a 70-year-old Lutheran minister, gives an endorsement speech in 2021 for Republican James Marter, who ran for Congress in Illinois’ 14th District."

Where's that separation of church and state?

Moo.

From the article you linked, one of the photo captions says, "Stephen Lee, a 70-year-old Lutheran minister, gives an endorsement speech in 2021 for Republican James Marter, who ran for Congress in Illinois’ 14th District."

Moo.
Clergy can endorse, but not in their official role as clergy.

"Religious leaders can speak their mind and endorse candidates as long as they aren’t doing it as an official representative of the church(i.e. church publications or at official church functions). When speaking/writing their opinions on political issues outside of the church, church leaders are urged to indicate that these are their personal viewpoints and not the views of the religious organization they represent."

Moo.
It's non-existent in the USA it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members