GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"His key fund has spent nearly all of the more than $150 million it raised, and is sitting on less than $4 million, according to the latest numbers available. He’s already dug into his fund for 2024 ads, and borrowed money to post bail in Georgia. And some of his allies are begging for donations, saying he won’t pony up"

I, for one, am shocked. SHOCKED. :eek:
(not really)
Jenna Ellis, one of the 19 defendants in the RICO case and former Trump campaign lawyer is tweeting about this today. (Reading her other tweets shows she is not a Trumper anymore.)

Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq
"Bruce Udolf, a former federal prosecutor and criminal defense attorney, said if Trump is as rich as he says he is, he shouldn't have trouble paying from his own pockets."

“No word from Trump,” @AbbyJohnson wrote. “Nothing to defend these people who worked so hard for him. Not a dime of his money to fund their defense. Nothing. He has thrown all of them under the bus to prop himself up.”"

Someone is having a bad day.

For those without Twitter/X - Trump is having a complete meltdown on Truth Social today, maniacally making nearly 100 posts with several videos. In this clip, he is calling on GOP prosecutors around the country to start locking up Democrats to avenge him.

IMO
In his video, he states he's going to court to fight a corrupt system. LOL!

He's actually going to court because he's been indicted on felonies in multiple jurisdictions.

He really is stretching to look like a martyr.

jmo

I'm really not certain a dime of Trump's money is even going for his defense much less his co-defendants. (Though I would assume Trump does see donor dollars as his money because he'll feel it couldn't/wouldn't have been raised without him. He'll see it as his by extension.)

But Trump has a long history of ensuring other people pay his bills - whether it be the RNC or the NRA or other donors for his legal bills; contractors, employees and attorneys suing for non-payment; tax payers supplementing his tax evasion; his campaign for hush money; his inaugural fund, Secret Service and emoluments to prop up his businesses; foreign entities and political operatives to curry his favor through those businesses; selling his name to anyone who was willing to pay big bucks...

And I could probably keep going but loyalty is always going to be one way with a malignant narcissist. If one is done getting what they can from you, you're as good as dead to them. JMO

Last edited:

Wow, what comes next?

Poisoning his enemies like Putin? Having them “fall” out of windows? Sending them to Siberian labor camps? Or like Kim Jung-Un?

THAT is an abuse of free speech, when someone who criticizes him is locked up.

Where will the democracy be in this country if this madman is re-elected?

IMO
I'll admit I found the above FRIGHTENING! Thank the Lord my passport and those of my family members are up to date. Just in case........ IMO

Really good argument from Willis' team. Basically, it doesn't matter what, if any, overt acts Meadows himself committed. It's enough that he even entered into the conspiracy. (GA RICO law simply requires one person in the conspiracy commit one overt act). He's charged with engaging in a racketeering conspiracy not for the overt acts.

But that aside, Meadows would still have to prove that none of his actions fell outside the color of his office in order for the Supremacy Clause immunity to apply. Meadows himself made no distinction that any of the overt acts he is accused of fell under the color of his office. And much to my glee, a footnote even points out that Judge Jones was given reason to question Meadows credibility too.

The Court has ample basis not to credit some or all of the defendant’s testimony from the evidentiary hearing. In addition to the contradiction highlighted above, the defendant said repeatedly that he misused the pronoun “we,” an assertion that would materially alter the plain meaning of several of his relevant statements. The defendant also repeatedly insisted he was merely “trying to land the plane” and achieve “a peaceful transition of power,” a statement clearly belied by his participation in the Trump campaign’s attempts to overturn the outcome of Georgia’s election. Case 1:23-cv-0362

Meadows response is out now too: DocumentCloud

Meadows response cliff notes:

It's enough for Meadows to have a good faith belief he was acting within the scope of his office. It argues that each of the overt acts Meadows is charged with he considered he was acting as chief of staff, supported with abundant excerpts of Meadows testimony. And they're of course arguing that even if the Court finds only one overt act occured under the color of his office, the Court must remove the case.

Meadows believed he was acting within the scope of his office and that's enough to prove he was, I guess? Maybe you guys will find a more persuasive argument than what I'm seeing. :)

ETA: 20 year DOJ veteran Andrew Weissman tweets this: Meadows and GA dispute over removal law: GA has the stronger legal position, but most of all, has credible proof Meadows lied at the removal hearing, which can be charged by Jack and Fani. And Meadows has eliminated himself as a possible cooperator. For perjury, see GA brief on Meadows denying under oath playing "any role" in elector scheme; but see myriad emails (incl GA ex 1 emails) where he cleary does participate.

Last edited:
Friend of the court filing by former judges, prosecutors, state and federal executive officers meticulously supported by case law arguing very strongly against removal for Meadows and Clark.

The conduct charged here by the Fulton County District Attorney— interference by Mark Meadows and Jeffrey Clark with the 2020 presidential election in Georgia in order to aid Donald Trump’s candidacy—bore no connection to any duty of Mr. Meadows’s, Mr. Clark’s, or Mr. Trump’s office. Neither the president nor anyone else in the executive branch has any duty to superintend or participate in a State’s selection of its presidential electors. And there is no plausible basis for Mr. Meadows or Mr. Clark to claim Supremacy Clause immunity, protection under the First or Fourteenth Amendment, or any other federal defense to the charges. Finally, the purpose of the federal-officer removal statute—to protect federal operations by preventing retribution in state court for locally unpopular exercises of federal authority—would not be served by removal here. To the contrary, removal would be perverse, as this prosecution arises from interference with state-government operations and seeks to vindicate Georgia’s voice in a federal election, the very contest from which federal authority flows.
All the amici curiae worked for Republican administrations too.

It's Friday and a holiday weekend with courts closed on Monday so fingers crossed we get a ruling today.

I get the impression he practiced at home. Do I wanna look mean like a criminal? Do I wanna look mad because I am? Should I smile just a little bit? Do I wanna look completely neutral, like I should? (I believe people are coached to look neutral in mug shots) But he's got that American flag lapel!
Of course he practiced at home. How he is perceived by others is what he cares most about. This is the same man who took multiple retakes of the short video asking his supporters to go home on Jan 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay