GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just finished meeting with the LE. Again there is information they cannot share yet. What we know though
The subpoenas for both phones should be arriving any day now which will include last ping locations
The police did do a door to door search and dog search of the area around the car and have been reviewing video footage from the local businesses
We also know now her ID / credit cards were in the car
A more recent picture of Jenna posted by Dekalb Co
PD.
I know one was from her High School graduation, which was years ago.
MOO

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1426335464154845&id=136729029782168
80cbc4ccdd357a0be9650d36c755bb4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On the human trafficking topic: this stuff is very real unfortunately and I would say given her age and autism spectrum (if I'm getting this right from prior posts) I'd say she could definitely be a target for manipulation/trafficking. This stuff is more rampant than people think (I was talking to a human trafficking detective after an FBI task force meeting and I was shocked about how many cases he was working on). The other sad thing is that these people are well organized and from what I understand tend to be experienced at it, and therefore leave fewer clues (than a crime of opportunity/passion).

Still reading back...

And would use misleading movements by google maps timeline, debit card use and staging.....but again my hart and brain is not ready to go there...

On both nearby parks, they're great candidates to search --- at this point the best way to search them is with cadaver/human remains dogs. If she has passed away, and did so on or about the day she disappeared, the best window for dogs to find her is 1-4 weeks after passing. I would absolutely get them into any of these candidate areas ASAP, because from this point the scent will diminish. (that's not to say remains could never be found, but it gets a lot harder after 4 weeks, and you'd need to couple it with an extensive ground search.

I know this is a sad topic -- but getting answers can ease the pain of not knowing (if something has happened to her).

If LE is either unwilling or doesn't have the resources to do this (you need experienced HR dogs, not bite/drug/gun or trailing/airscent dogs) then I would look into outside groups. Given that there's no scene to protect right now, you can pretty much search anywhere that is open to the public.

I hate that this is multi jurisdictional! Two counties.

Weren't the two dogs that found Chase Messner local to the Metro Atlanta area?

But where to start searching other than the two parks?

Hi there, would love to help searching but I can't, living in Europe. Trying to tribute with me case-story and timeline..(nothing compairing where this family stands for) we have a wonderful volunteers-club, with very good trained dogs, to search for persons/body's. I'm sure in America they have the same kind of group(s)

I hate that this is multi jurisdictional! Two counties.

Weren't the two dogs that found Chase Messner local to the Metro Atlanta area?

But where to start searching other than the two parks?
O/T -it was the NEW home owner that requested them. The property was never searched while the "friend " lived there to my knowledge.
MOO

Just thought of something. Wonder where she put the money and Cashiers Checks she got from the bank? She must not have had access to them if she was getting money from the gas stations or ATM's that night.

To cash those Cashiers Checks she would need two forms of ID. We know she left her ID at home. Did she already have her fake ID made, ready for her to take off?

Perhaps that is why she did not pay her car insurance because she knew she would be gone and not be driving her car?

Posted to the wrong thread. Should be here :

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&t=349513

Hi there, would love to help searching but I can't, living in Europe. Trying to tribute with me case-story and timeline..(nothing compairing where this family stands for) we have a wonderful volunteers-club, with very good trained dogs, to search for persons/body's. I'm sure in America they have the same kind of group(s)
There should be some scent dogs that could trace her in the area. If nothing else what direction she possibly headed and/or where that scent ends.
MOO

Found one!!!

Located less than 4 miles from Jenna's parents!
Alpha Team K9 Search & Rescue

2897 N Druid Hills Rd NE #169, Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 981-4911

https://g.co/kgs/N5VZ6h

Subie, the dogs and handler that found Chase Massner in Kennesaw a couple of month ago after being buried or over 3 1/2 years..(she also helped with the Kelly Nash case, and the Natalie Holloway Case) .

I have her information.

Her name is Tracy Sargeant. https://www.facebook.com/tracy.sargent.562

SHE DOES NOT CHARGE from what I am told.

here is a youtube on her and her efforts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P_yM9811W0&feature=youtu.be

mods, I do hope this contact information is ok to post! :praying:

Wondering if they've searched CSX property. This is the railroad company and they own a ton of property in the area her car was found And all over Atlanta. They also have security cameras everywhere...just a thought.

Bently Thank you will be in touch. We are going to see when these last location pings come in to help narrow a location.

Subie, I live in Alpharetta and am on vacation currently. I could help you Friday or Saturday if you wanted to search, or just help going over notes. 35/m with a sister your age, so your families story has hit so close to the heart. I am praying for you all. Please let me know if I can help you in anyway, would be glad to do it. I can send you my contact info if you need any help!

Yes, weird. He said he said he'd meet her closer to her apartment that night but she didn't show.

However, Subie said they think she was back at the apartment that night. No confirmation on that Cheshire Bridge gas station charge around 11 p.m. but that's right near her apartment.

So why didn't she answer his calls when he phoned her twice and she was possibly right in the area where they were to meet? It's not like she called him back and explained anything or he would've said the reason why she didn't show. Was she possibly avoiding him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A possible reason is because she had another guy in her car at the time (based on the fact that the passenger seat was pushed back) so she blew off his calls.

There should be some scent dogs that could trace her in the area. If nothing else what direction she possibly headed and/or where that scent ends.
MOO

Found one!!!

Located less than 4 miles from Jenna's parents!
Alpha Team K9 Search & Rescue

2897 N Druid Hills Rd NE #169, Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 981-4911

https://g.co/kgs/N5VZ6h

While the team I am affiliated with does not have points of contacts with any teams down in Georgia I asked our mutual aid teams if they have anyone down in the area that could be refered and they recommended Alpha Team K9 SAR also or SARDOG http://www.sardog.info/ Both teams have a very high set of standards they use and are non-profits 501 c 3 orginizations that do NOT charge.

Has anyone on WS combed through backpage at?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

While the team I am affiliated with does not have points of contacts with any teams down in Georgia I asked our mutual aid teams if they have anyone down in the area that could be refered and they recommended Alpha Team K9 SAR also or SARDOG http://www.sardog.info/ Both teams have a very high set of standards they use and are non-profits 501 c 3 orginizations that do NOT charge.

I don't even know what back page is.
If she left on her own, she has taken on an entirely new name. IMO
The grandpa that died.
Was he her paternal or maternal grandpa?
Or should I say, who was the tapestry that was taken comnected to?
Someone she cared for and missed dearly?
Or unrelated and not a family heirloom at all?
MOO

IIRC Capebluff looked at backpage.

That's interesting her id and cards were found in the car. What scenarios would support this? Also, if the last pings are anywhere in the triangle mapped earlier on the thread, that would be a great lead IMO.

We just finished meeting with the LE. Again there is information they cannot share yet. What we know though
The subpoenas for both phones should be arriving any day now which will include last ping locations
The police did do a door to door search and dog search of the area around the car and have been reviewing video footage from the local businesses
We also know now her ID / credit cards were in the car

BBM

So, the police have already used canine *scent* dogs or other type of canine specialty dogs.

Finding her ID/credit cards (assume the debit card also?) is very concerning indeed.

Subie, can we assume they were all found in her purse, and not strewed somewhere in the car?

I'm with another person mulling scenarios in which her clothes, ID and cards are left behind. I wonder if the PD considered surveilling the car before they impounded it? Was it left there to be stolen? I'm trying to think of a reason that if it wasn't Jenna leaving the car there, why would another person leave the credit cards and ID in the car? IIRC, the car was locked, and her keys were not in the car right? <modsnip>

I'm heartbroken for your family, and cannot fathom what you and your family is going through at this time :heartbeat:

ETA: Added question re purse <modsnip>

BBM

So, the police have already used canine *scent* dogs or other type of canine specialty dogs.

Finding her ID/credit cards (assume the debit card also?) is very concerning indeed. I'm with another person mulling scenarios in which her clothes, ID and cards are left behind. I wonder if the PD considered surveilling the car before they impounded it? Was it left there to be stolen? I'm trying to think of a reason that if it wasn't Jenna leaving the car there, why would another person leave the credit cards and ID in the car? IIRC, the car was locked, and her keys were not in the car right?

I'm heartbroken for your family, and cannot fathom what you and your family is going through at this time [emoji813]beat:
They did check cameras around the area but haven't found anything useful yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't even know what back page is.
If she left on her own, she has taken on an entirely new name. IMO
The grandpa that died.
Was he her paternal or maternal grandpa?
Or should I say, who was the tapestry that was taken comnected to?
Someone she cared for and missed dearly?
Or unrelated and not a family heirloom at all?
MOO

Recommending to watch the documentary 'I am Jane Doe' (2017) and you will know about Backpage anything you need to know (sorry...maybe this is totally not done) I don't say anything about the quality/coloring of it...I know: looking with European eyes might be different than with American eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay