GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I've had a "pocket dial" there has been conversation/music, etc. in the background that gives me the impression that it was accidental and the person didn't know the phone was recording.

How do we know that this person didn't intentionally try to call her at those times? Subie said at one point that he might have made those calls because she didn't show to meet him (he was the guy who asked her to meet him closer to her apartment/Lindbergh). If that's the case, they aren't pocket dials. They are intentional calls. Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well presumably LE have the number and can check it out. There are also programs that can tell you the origin and history of the number and what others have experienced with it, whether it is a spam or private number, area code or international etc. " who called me" is one I use to determine the usefulness of a caller who is not in my contact list. Was the bum dial a valid contact of Jenna's or not? That will be known IMO and family would say if the rumours had any basis surely?
:cow:

I wanted to mention that in my brain dump last night: 1. I was affirming human trafficking is a problem in Atlanta, and 2. going on to mention all the forms of transportation and cameras at those locations. I didn't mean to continue to contribute to perpetuating the theory that Jenna was a victim of human trafficking. I intended it to be neutral and possibly helpful. I hope I conveyed as much. (It was late, it was my first post.)

I intended only to say with fewer words that there are many ways to disappear from Atlanta, especially with the aid of friend who isn't talking, that are covered by CCTV, and that I trust LE to check out sources. I'm admittedly a Pollyanna here. :)

As per the timeline:

'Who ever it was thatcalled at 11:30 left a 2 min long voice mail and their phone was in theirpocket.'

I would guess a 2 min 'in the pocket' call would be unintentional.

From looking around online last night i saw loads of ads for rooms to rent 'females only' and in return for cleaning etc... Jenna may have potentially called one of these numbers and they called her back at 11pm but she didnt answer and then that person accidentally called at 11:30pm.so that might explain the links with that number. If that number only ever called those 2 times and it wasnt saved on her phone then chances are its nothing.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The owner of that phone number said he was supposed to meet Jenna that night but she never showed. So it's not a totally random number.

I wanted to mention that in my brain dump last night: 1. I was affirming human trafficking is a problem in Atlanta, and 2. going on to mention all the forms of transportation and cameras at those locations. I didn't mean to continue to contribute to perpetuating the theory that Jenna was a victim of human trafficking. I intended it to be neutral and possibly helpful. I hope I conveyed as much. (It was late, it was my first post.)

I intended only to say with fewer words that there are many ways to disappear from Atlanta, especially with the aid of friend who isn't talking, that are covered by CCTV, and that I trust LE to check out sources. I'm admittedly a Pollyanna here. :)
Yes and your post was appreciated. I have had noone local come back yet and answer my question about camera locations of public cctv. Perhaps you don't have them in Atlanta? Traffic and speed cameras and public safety and council or county owned cams for example.

The owner of that phone number said he was supposed to meet Jenna that night but she never showed. So it's not a totally random number.
Have you got a link for that fact? Or a VI post number please?

Cameras are everywhere in this city, a fact of life here. I am not sure where to find a list for you, though. On the interstate we have toll lanes with camera monitoring, many major intersections have cameras (perhaps only triggered by red light violators), MARTA stations, banks/ATMs, grocery stores, traffic cameras along the interstate, etc. Google search for "public cctv cameras atlanta" just now returned a lot of results.

I just checked back to the timeline (thanks BOH!) Agreed JLD333.

Maybe he was one of the guys from the ads still though. Maybe she was going to go and check the room out that this guy might have been advertising but decided not to? Thats all speculation and no evidence to back it up but just a theory as to why 1) he had references to trafficking and the plan was to 'rent' his room out in return etc etc... and 2) she was supposed to meet up with him but decided to back out ... and 3) he might have called her the first time but then accidentally called her the second time if she was his 'last dialled'.

EDIT: and 4) he would of course be cagey on when, where and how he knows her and their plans (or not) because he wouldnt be able to tell the police about his intentions

Yes and your post was appreciated. I have had noone local come back yet and answer my question about camera locations of public cctv. Perhaps you don't have them in Atlanta? Traffic and speed cameras and public safety and council or county owned cams for example.

I called the DOT regarding this for an accident and they said they do not record.

https://www.511ga.org/static/faqs.html

(See answer one on that link).

That's just my experience, though. If anyone knows otherwise here, let me know.

I also called a county DOT and I was told the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is for me IMO

Regardless of statistics in Atlanta, and no i am not from there so this is just MO, she does not fit the criteria. As per my previous i dont think you can base the theory simpky on someones comnent that 2 missed calks were from an account linked to trafficking or references to pimping. What people should be asking is how is it linked to trafficking? There is no backpage ad, the rumours were quashed. If you weigh up all the evidence towards trafficking there isnt anything that could convince me personally. It might well be the case...none of us know for certain... but there needs to be hard evidence to convince me not just links to statistics and being told that not being an Atlantan (is that a word?), we dont have a clue how big the issue is. Yes, it might be a HUGE worrying issue there but that does not necessarily mean that this is the case here.

Like i said, it might well be the case and as much as i can read about it won't help until we have evidence from LE or the family.

I'll lay off it after this, as this thread seems to quickly dismiss uncomfortable theories. But if you want one more connection, the company that operates off canpbellton road also often operates at a private event space 700 feet from the stop at English avenue, close to the stop out east near Scottsdale, and runs a private security company (one of the persons of interest was a private security guard). But I understand those links will be quickly overlooked. I'm not saying they're right. I'm saying maybe we should give them the same credence as say - Egyptian tapestries, purse moving habits, and the process for buying lotto tickets - since connections between separate items seem more tangible than theories regarding gas station purchases. Which we've spent a ton of time on.

Pet store. By her pet store work. All of those locations are near each other. Apartment. BP. Wendy's. Pet store. Eclipse party at club. Location to meet a person of interest.

Thanks shiressleuth I really feel the housing situation is important to thoroughly investigate. I think there's a good chance that Jenna was sort of living out of her suitcase/vehicle for a little bit prior to house sitting, and perhaps she didn't want her family to know that, and that's why she has been a bit cagey about her living situation.
This is another avenue still needing exploring. The apartment search locations. Have the people been contacted that Jenna was in contact with in the last few days before her disappearance?

I'll lay off it after this, as this thread seems to quickly dismiss uncomfortable theories. But if you want one more connection, the company that operates off canpbellton road also often operates at a private event space 700 feet from the stop at English avenue, close to the stop out east near Scottsdale, and runs a private security company (one of the persons of interest was a private security guard). But I understand those links will be quickly overlooked. I'm not saying they're right. I'm saying maybe we should give them the same credence as say - Egyptian tapestries, purse moving habits, and the process for buying lotto tickets - since connections between separate items seem more tangible than theories regarding gas station purchases. Which we've spent a ton of time on.
I never commented on the lotto tickets, purse moving habits or gas station purchases as i have nothing to say on that. It is not an 'uncomfortable' theory at all and trust me i have a couple of more uncomfortable theories of my own that is against TOS to discuss. I am not fussed about the discussing of it but it just gets tiresome. Especially being told that basically myself and others that are not local dont understand the trafficking issues in Atlanta.
Where i live there is a high rate of people going missing due to drinking too much on a night out, becoming seperated from friends and ending up in the river. That does not mean that every person that goes missing here is in that river.

All angles have to be looked at i agree. Hopefully we will have something new to go on soon.

Pet store. By her pet store work. All of those locations are near each other. Apartment. BP. Wendy's. Pet store. Eclipse party at club. Location to meet a person of interest.
Ok TY. I thought her old job was 3 miles from where she lived. That must have been from her parents house because she didn't move to that apartment till a couple of months after she lost her job. So why did she move to the pet store location if she no longer worked there? Just thinking aloud. Have LE contacted the party location I wonder?

Cameras are everywhere in this city, a fact of life here. I am not sure where to find a list for you, though. On the interstate we have toll lanes with camera monitoring, many major intersections have cameras (perhaps only triggered by red light violators), MARTA stations, banks/ATMs, grocery stores, traffic cameras along the interstate, etc. Google search for "public cctv cameras atlanta" just now returned a lot of results.
Could you post the results if it is a map format e.g . The three locations of car, apartment and house?

Everything you said, plus the gas stations stops (something was going on at the gas stations, and it wasn't driving around looking for the best gas prices, MOO). I'm with you 100%. It has nothing to do with Tapestries, purses or lottery tickets.

Presumably you are talking about legitimate businesses here - a security company, an event company or club etc so you can name them if that is the case as they will have websites? Or are you saying these are illegal companies? I'm not sure of your exact point or theory here. So will wait till you have elaborated if that is ok.

Stanly,

That's fair. I want an update from LE or MSM soon as well. It seems without new information and other information being off limits, we are stuck rehashing old ideas and asking questions about info lost in the ether of these long threads.

Everything you said, plus the gas stations stops (something was going on at the gas stations, and it wasn't driving around looking for the best gas prices, MOO). I'm with you 100%. It has nothing to do with Tapestries, purses or lottery tickets.
Oookkkaaayyy. So what -we have to guess the theory here?

Oookkkaaayyy. So what -we have to guess the theory here?

If you take notice I was responding to CodeSleuth, everything she said is the same theory I have, I didn't feel the need to rehash it when it is literally a few posts above mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966