GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to why she might've met ex boyfriend at the Handi mart if his house was so close and she had been there before? Why not just meet at his house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he has a SO, that could explain a lot...

If he has a SO, that could explain a lot...
He lived in College Park where he didn't want Jenna driving to in her mum's car. Where was this HandiMart again? Near one of the gas stops iirc but which one? Is he the ex bf yet? When is he supposed to have actually broken up with her if she didn't even show up as he says?

He lived in College Park where he didn't want Jenna driving to in her mum's car. Where was this HandiMart again? Near one of the gas stops iirc but which one? Is he the ex bf yet? When is he supposed to have actually broken up with her if she didn't even show up as he says?

Is college park a dangerous area or anything? Why would he care whose car she drove? THAT is suspicious. Also wondering if this is the same BF that was allegedly abusive? I can't recall.

The ex didn't live in College Park. The pocket dialer/Instagram guy was the one who said he didn't want her coming to College Park with her mom's car and she supposedly never showed to meet him.

I am thinking if the ex is the POI <modsnip>

Is college park a dangerous area or anything? Why would he care whose car she drove? THAT is suspicious. Also wondering if this is the same BF that was allegedly abusive? I can't recall.

I checked with google just tonight and based on crime stats it is the top for murders, rapes, robberies and 1 in 7 people have been crime victims. :scream: I don't know how recent that is though. The abusive bf was Feb timeframe I believe so not the same one ( @ Subie or anyone correct me if wrong).

The ex didn't live in College Park. The pocket dialer/Instagram guy was the one who said he didn't want her coming to College Park with her mom's car and she supposedly never showed to meet him.

I am thinking if the ex is the POI <modsnip>

Person 3? I don't know what is meant by "the ex". The one she stopped seeing in February was "the ex". Was she seeing two guys this Friday night? An ex and a soon to be ex? This is getting hard to follow. <modsnip> Where's the Handimart ? That hasn't been specified has it?

Person 3? I don't know what is meant by "the ex". The one she stopped seeing in February was "the ex". Was she seeing two guys this Friday night? An ex and a soon to be ex? This is getting hard to follow. <modsnip> Where's the Handimart ? That hasn't been specified has it?

The "ex" as in ex boyfriend she supposedly met at the Handi mart that night.

The pocket dialer/Instagram guy was the one she was supposed to meet up with in the Lindbergh area. He had told her not to bring her mom's car to College Park so he was going to meet her closer to her apartment (Lindbergh area). She supposedly never showed.

So yes, two different guys.

And no, a specific location for the Handi mart has not been specified. <modsnip>

IIRC and IMO:

IG Guy (Person 3):
Jenna was supposed to meet a male acquaintance that night. He suggested that instead of meeting in the College Park Area, they should meet closer to where Jenna had been staying in an apartment (Lindbergh area).

College Park Area is way south (south of I-20 and west of I-75). It is farther south than where the Handi Mart is located. They never ended up meeting. He is not the original POI.

Ex (original POI):
Jenna and this guy saw one another off and on for some time. He broke up with her (again) that night. Jenna’s family believes that Jenna met him around 11:45 pm on Friday night, near Handi Mart (west side of Atlanta), which is near his place of residence. (See Post #619).

I hate to say it, but with the stall in updates, I think anything further on this case is in the hands of the PI’s and Police. I think we all have managed a possible scenario, but it’s come to a point where it’s just a guessing game.
My thoughts go out to Jenna and her family. If they don’t have updated info that they just cannot share, I would hope they set up a search to get information out to the community. It still amazes me the lack of coverage on this case from everyone involved in it.
Thoughts and prayers continue to be with you Subie, as well as your family.

I can't see how the mileage is relevant unless there is a very recent service record with the mileage on it.

Re the eclipse, this has been talked about and as she knew she had to be there for the cat the next day, I cannot see her going very far away and doing that. Also her car's insurance had not been renewed 1 Sep ? so that is prob why she was driving her mums car. JMO.
I was just tossing around the mileage idea because in Atlanta people like to drive north to north ga or south carolina- ( even for 1/2 day trips- I wish we knew the nature and amounts from the gas station stops, if she filled up her car at one of the stops and it was dropped off close to empty, the car could have been driven up to 400 miles so Jenna could be somewhere within 150-200 miles. If we knew her average mileage per month, and the mileage when it was last serviced, we could figure out if the car was likely taken out of the Atlanta area. There are so many missing clues with this case because we don’t know when the car was dumped,
only when it was found 17 days after she was missing. I also find it hard to believe that there were no fingerprints in the cars, house, door knobs of house etc.. but maybe there were but we are not privy to this information.

Here is Subie's quote on person #3, if this helps:

"Person 3: Is another guy friend she was supposed to meet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Moms car, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed. This is the guy that I found with the instagram profile that lead me to believe some kind of pimping or trafficking might be going on. He called twice at 11 and 1150 that night (pocket dials). Assuming this might be because she never showed?"

Except he is denying she showed up. This is why phones and any cctv are important to determine the truth . That is LE's job.

@ Penelope- Many of us disbelieved the prostitution and trafficking theories right off the bat and have said so in the thread. Some have said she could have been duped into it like she was apparently duped into stealing from her register and sending money via Western Union to one person. She kept secrets - her family didn't know where she lived. She is trusting. Take all this together and at the very least she has been exploited. That doesn't matter however - LE need to find her and hopefully they will.

AJMO

Shiressleuth, I am not sure if this has been cleared up yet. Please pardon if this is a repeat.

IIRC / IMO:

He (boyfriend who broke up with her that night) did not deny showing up. He told the police that he met with Jenna that night.

I believe you may be thinking of the other male acquaintance she was supposed to meet that night, and it never happened.

As far as who was quick to believe what was said by the ex, I was referring to LE, perhaps, moving her down in priority because of what he said.

I believe Jenna was exploited in many ways by some people calling themselves "friends".

If you are someone who could be considered a POI, you are the last person who reported seeing her that night, and then you Victim Blame or Shame, I hope you have an air tight alibi, as it could appear that you are trying to deflect attention away from yourself.

IMO

"Person 3: Is another guy friend she was supposed to meet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Moms car, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed. This is the guy that I found with the instagram profile that lead me to believe some kind of pimping or trafficking might be going on. He called twice at 11 and 1150 that night (pocket dials). Assuming this might be because she never showed?"

Yes, the timeline is where I am getting the info and who I am assuming is the POI <modsnip> College Park and IG guy and POI are the same I.e . Person 3 . He said she didn't show but they actually met at Handimart.

Yes, the timeline is where I am getting the info and who I am assuming is the POI <modsnip>. College Park and IG guy and POI are the same I.e . Person 3 . He said she didn't show but they actually met at Handimart.

2 different guys:

POI <modsnip> does not live in College Park. He said he met with her. Family assumes it was at Handi Mart, as that is near his residence (which isn't in College Park area).

IG guy talked about meeting in College Park area. He said she didn't show. IG guy not POI.

I was just tossing around the mileage idea because in Atlanta people like to drive north to north ga or south carolina- ( even for 1/2 day trips- I wish we knew the nature and amounts from the gas station stops, if she filled up her car at one of the stops and it was dropped off close to empty, the car could have been driven up to 400 miles so Jenna could be somewhere within 150-200 miles. If we knew her average mileage per month, and the mileage when it was last serviced, we could figure out if the car was likely taken out of the Atlanta area. There are so many missing clues with this case because we don’t know when the car was dumped,
only when it was found 17 days after she was missing. I also find it hard to believe that there were no fingerprints in the cars, house, door knobs of house etc.. but maybe there were but we are not privy to this information.
Hopefully Subie can clarify for you re the mileage and lack of prints.

Yes, the timeline is where I am getting the info and who I am assuming is the POI <modsnip>. College Park and IG guy and POI are the same I.e . Person 3 . He said she didn't show but they actually met at Handimart.

Thread 1, #823 (Subie_Climber):

"We know Friday night she had been in contact with this person's of interest via texting / calling / and seeing him. According to him she came to his apartment. Approx 10 pm

She was also in contact with one other guy that night on and off between 8 and 10 pm. From interviews with him. He advised her not to come to his part of town (college Park) with my mom's car, and that he would meet her closer to her apartment. According to him she never showed."

Two different men. <modsnip> is first paragraph. IG is second paragraph.

2 different guys:

POI <modsnip> does not live in College Park. He said he met with her. Family assumes it was at Handi Mart, as that is near his residence (which isn't in College Park area).

IG guy talked about meeting in College Park area. He said she didn't show. IG guy not POI.

??? :pullhair:

<modsnip>

So the POI is the guy who met her earlier in the evening, not the guy who said she didn't show? I would think the opposite were true because her SC friend talked to her at 11.45 after the first guy had already seen her. Sorry about my confusion. I think I have got it now.

<modsnip>

So the POI is the guy who met her earlier in the evening, not the guy who said she didn't show? I would think the opposite were true because her SC friend talked to her at 11.45 after the first guy had already seen her. Sorry about my confusion. I think I have got it now.

The POI/ex is who she met possibly at 11:45 at the Handi mart. I'm thinking that's the latest meeting we've learned about but correct me if wrong.

She was supposed to meet the other guy (Instagram guy) earlier in the night but he said she didn't show.

<modsnip>

IMO

It is indeed confusing. A big part of that confusion is because witnesses kept changing their stories / timelines.

The POI actually didn't meet her until around 11:45 pm. POI kept changing his recollection of what time they met. Family believes the meeting didn't happen until 11:45 pm at the Handi Mart near his residence (not 10 pm as he first remembered). Phone records and video recordings will hopefully prove what happened and when. If he is innocent, I hope they clear it up quickly, and move onto a different scenario.

Do not have absolute confirmation of what was said between Jenna and friend in SC near 11:45 pm, and whether or not she was being forced to say whatever was said.

Really hope Jenna's whereabouts are found quickly, and case solved. First and foremost for Jenna and her family. Secondly, so we have answers to what has been a very confusing case.

IMO

"The POI/ex is who she met possibly at 11:45 at the Handi mart. I'm thinking that's the latest meeting we've learned about but correct me if wrong.

She was supposed to meet the other guy (Instagram guy) earlier in the night but he said she didn't show. "

Noseynellie, this is my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member