GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was in ATL today not exacly near DeFoors Place with the businesses on the street when I saw on my gps the name DeFoors place show up. This DeFoors Pl seems to be a road behind a bunch of townhomes named DeFoors Place. Was it confirmed by LE if the car was found on this DFP or the other where Wells Fargo is. It could be this one?

was in ATL today not exacly near DeFoors Place with the businesses on the street when I saw on my gps the name DeFoors place show up. This DeFoors Pl seems to be a road behind a bunch of townhomes named DeFoors Place. Was it confirmed by LE if the car was found on this DFP or the other where Wells Fargo is. It could be this one?

It was close to Dynasty Event Lounge and Exec Studios on Defoors Place NW IIRC.

Defoor Place is a short street that runs between Chatahoochee Ave and DeFoor Ave. I believe (from memory) that there is a Wells Fargo near the Chattahoochee Ave end of DeFoor Place. Exec Studio is on the end closer to DeFoor Ave. Again, DeFoor Place is a short street, maybe about 1/4 mile long, if that.

Defoor Place is a short street that runs between Chatahoochee Ave and DeFoor Ave in NW Atlanta. I believe (from memory) that there is a Wells Fargo near the Chattahoochee Ave end of DeFoor Place. Exec Studio is on the other end of the street. closer to DeFoor Ave. Again, DeFoor Place is a short street, maybe about 1/4 mile long.

Yes I was on that street yesterday, but today I saw a street with the exact same name. So I want to know if it was confirmed or photographed on the street with the studio. because at one point there was a mention of a townhome guy and there are townhomes on this other deroors place. if you zoom into this pin drop you will see is also called defoors place. (33.8197997,-84.4355703)
The pin drop is a small street that you have to zoom way in to that is to the left of defoors ferry road

I was getting hung up on the phone and car location and times probably because I don’t really understand pings.

Is it possible someone could’ve discarded the phone in Fairburn, either to throw off the trail or just because it was convenient, prior to driving her car near West Midtown Saturday morning? Like Shire said, maybe that last ping was initiated when Subie was calling the phone.

It seems like it would be helpful to know about ping locations prior to the last one. Is this information included when LE gets phone records?

I wonder if it would be worth searching along the stretch of I-85 that runs through Fairburn. I thought about the landfills as someone mentioned but would there be enough time for her phone to send a text to her friend around 2 a.m. and then go from trash to landfill by 7 or 8 a.m.?

Also, seeing that her phone was in Fairburn, the final location of the car seems more interesting since they are not close to each other and one would think of other less conspicuous spots in between. Why was that spot chosen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is so confusing. Could it be that J was talked into lending her car to someone for the night (like she'd done in the past) since she had access and was driving her mother's around? Maybe she goes back to her parents' house at the end of an evening out and awaits the return of her car loaned to "a friend". (An aside, there's been plenty of nights I've gone drinking with friends and been a little too tipsy to remember or care about charging my phone once I get home.)
The person comes to her parents' house to return the car and a scuffle ensues.

All just pure speculation and MOO. Just trying to keep the ideas going.

I think this will end up being drug related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@shiresleuth You could maybe take a bus to fairburn from Atlanta but it'd be a greyhound. You can't take public transport to fairburn. If a train was running it wouldn't be a passenger train but the train yard a few streets over from where her car was found does in fact have lines that run to fairburn through college park.

@horseguy; the photo on the flyer where Jenna's car was found was take on DeFoor Place NW. (Her car was not located off DeFoor Ferry). The woman from the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta who found the car was on her way to her work out facility. There is an exercise / boot camp / work out place on DeFoor Place, near the Wells Fargo bank.

@shiresleuth You could maybe take a bus to fairburn from Atlanta but it'd be a greyhound. You can't take public transport to fairburn. If a train was running it wouldn't be a passenger train but the train yard a few streets over from where her car was found does in fact have lines that run to fairburn through college park.

Codesleuth- Do you mean taking Greyhound & passenger train late at night after Marta / public transportation has closed down? I have no idea what those bus or train schedules would be, but imagine it would cost a good bit more than taking Marta.

(It is possible to take public transportation from Atlanta to Fairburn during regular operating hours, the quickest way would be to take Marta train to College Park, transfer to the bus line, then take the bus from College Park to Fairburn. I have no idea of the Marta bus schedules, just know that buses stop running around midnight, and trains at 1am. It could be that buses only go to as far south as Fairburn a few times a day, I don't know).

I think this will end up being drug related.

@NJcares, Always a possibility..... would you be willing to share your thoughts about this?

What we know: Parents had concerns that some of Jenna's friends had criminal histories (podcast), her secret / private lifestyle after moving out of the parents house, second phone to keep her phone history private from parents (podcast), and her car having been tracked (per Subie) to English Avenue in Atlanta on Friday night 8/18.

FYI, English Avenue, aka "The Bluff" is a very dangerous, westside Atlanta neighborhood, known for drugs (especially heroin) and a high crime rate. I can't stress enough how dangerous this area is, so if you're reading this and happen to be in Atlanta and decide to do some side-sleuthing, please don't go there, not even in broad daylight! I googled English Avenue and found this: "According to the FBI, it is the largest open air heroin market in the southeast. Crime, addiction, joblessness, lack of education, and lack of opportunities feed into the cycle of generational poverty plaguing the community".

We don't know the significance of this...... Jenna's car could have been driven to English by someone else. But if it's true that Js friends have not been forthcoming with LE, there could be something drug related that they are hiding. Is this a missing piece of the puzzle??

Bumping for Jenna and those who love and care about her. Sadly, I don't think she is alive any longer, but I also don't necessarily buy into the dominant theory here. Regardless, we all want resolution.

Bumping for Jenna and those who love and care about her. Sadly, I don't think she is alive any longer, but I also don't necessarily buy into the dominant theory here. Regardless, we all want resolution.

What do you consider the dominant theory here? I'm read several theories, but I can't say that one stood out as having broader support than the others.

Hi APG I'm not aware of a dominant theory? Fill me in....

What do you consider the dominant theory here? I'm read several theories, but I can't say that one stood out as having broader support than the others.

very generally, I sense the leading theory here revolves around Jenna being harmed by someone she knew as a friend and/or BF, or someone in that person's circle, perhaps over drugs or sex or money.

ETA: and if anything, it gets the discussion going again and you never know what might fall out.

very generally, I sense the leading theory here revolves around Jenna being harmed by someone she knew as a friend and/or BF, or someone in that person's circle, perhaps over drugs or sex or money.

ETA: and if anything, it gets the discussion going again and you never know what might fall out.
Yes and the other two theories I have heard are trafficking and left of her own accord. She was actively looking for a new apartment and the tapestry was the only item taken from the parents home.

There was presumably no traces of blood in the cars and according to VI cars weren't fingerprinted. If that is true and LE suspected foul play, why was that not done?

Why was house not fingerprinted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member