GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was really fast. I'm so relieved that it was so fast.

I just knew in my gut when I saw the blondish GBI guy say "we aren't going home until this is finished" that Jorelys wouldn't be a cold case.

Then I saw the GBI man in his fedora and I just knew they meant business. Don't ask me why.

Bless her heart. Now, I've got tears for her. I was too mad before. JMHO

Ms S,
if you read some of the reviews of the apartments it seems that there are holes in the fence (it is supposed to be a gated community)

eta: here is a link:
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Canton-River-Ridge-at-Canton.html#b

If someone came from outside, it would explain the seeming brazenness of committing the crime and dumping the body so close to where she was abducted. The person could have arranged everything in the vacant apartment, slipped on for a few hours to do all these deeds, and slipped out. Could even have left town, for all we know!

The reason I was thinking it might be a juvenile was because of the ill-planning of doing all this and leaving all the evidence right there where he lives. But if it were someone from outside, it really could be anyone...

vinnieP is the only one saying that at this point...

((not to mention the neighbor just said this morning that the neighbor had been taken in for questioning and hadn't been seen since.. if that is the same person that is...))

This is being reported on HLN right now.

((not to mention the neighbor just said this morning that the neighbor had been taken in for questioning and hadn't been seen since.. if that is the same person that is...))

not just Vinnie. UGH

audreycnn Audrey Irvine
CNN confirms an arrest in the murder of 7 year old Jorelys Rivera. The person arrested is someone who works at the apartment complex

@audreycnn Audrey Irvine

Thank God they could get the piece of waste so quickly. Can't wait to see his record. I've been lurking as this case is just too hard to absorb.

I pray justice is done for her.This is very sad.

HLN was saying that too, but then said it is confirmed he either lived there or worked there.

On a side note they showed a couple of her friends talking about her. (Their faces were blocked out)

But kids that age are so cute they always talk in the present tense. One little girl said "I never see Jorelys mad, she's always really nice"

Broke my heart

I'll be really creeped out if it's that weird guy at the end of that one video. I'm sure it's not but....

I hope he is confessing, so there will be NO trial.

I'm so grateful this case was resolved so quickly. How many cases are still open years later. The child is still missing or was found but no one was arrested, heartbreaking. At least in this case, justice will be served for little Jorelys. Prayer's going out for her family and friends.

well, I must say that after reading all the reviews on this apartment complex and in light of what happened to Jorelys I can hazard a guess that there may not be a uhaul available in the state of georgia for the next few weeks due to mass migration from the river ridge apartments!

moo

I can't imagine if they background check their tenants that they wouldn't check their employees as well. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Snipped by me

A few years back, I lived at an apartment complex and a girl was killed in her apartment with a pair of her panty hose. We tried for hours to call the apartment management but they never answered or returned our messages. We had to find out what was happening on the TV. A few nights prior, the maintenance guy called me (Hubby worked til midnight at the time) and told me the guy under us was complaining of a water leak. I told him oh well, call back tomorrow as it was 10 and my kids were in the bed. He must have called me 5 times that night asking to come check my apartment because the guy down below was complaining. At one point he said he was coming anyway, that his job depended on it. I said you come and you will be met with police. The next day I asked the guy below us about the leak and apologized. He said there were no leaks. Well, you know what is next. Yeah, that maintenance guy was the one who killed the girl.

I walked to the leasing office the next day and asked them how did this happen ... I asked if they did a back ground check on the maintenance guys because they had the keys to every apartment. They did NOT do a background check. Per the news at the time, this guy had a rap sheet a mile and a half long. Including burglary, rape, attempted murder ...

So, unless things have changed in 15 years, they do not conduct background checks on maintenance guys. Usually, unfortunately, they're illegals.

That was really fast. I'm so relieved that it was so fast.

I just knew in my gut when I saw the blondish GBI guy say "we aren't going home until this is finished" that Jorelys wouldn't be a cold case.

Then I saw the GBI man in his fedora and I just knew they meant business. Don't ask me why.

Bless her heart. Now, I've got tears for her. I was too mad before. JMHO

When I saw Keenan speak after they found her body, I was comforted somehow. He just seemed competent and determined to see justice served for Jorelys. The fedora, made him my hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member