GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he is confessing, so there will be NO trial.

I hope so too but Troutman allegedly confessed in Skylar's case but got a lawyer who is having his mental state evaluated and pled not guilty. :banghead: These sick &*#@%S should have done to them what they did as close as possible. I'm not a mean person but this just brings out the "eye for an eye" in me.

111207011044_CantonArrestApartment_120716.jpg

http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/92865-canton-arrest-made-jorelys-rivera-murder-case

bbm

OMG.... So it *was* a maintenance worker. This is scary.

We live in an apt complex... :(

I read this morning that some how 2 vacant apartments were involced. I could see one vacant apt but 2?

Sounds like maintenance.

Snipped by me

A few years back, I lived at an apartment complex and a girl was killed in her apartment with a pair of her panty hose. We tried for hours to call the apartment management but they never answered or returned our messages. We had to find out what was happening on the TV. A few nights prior, the maintenance guy called me (Hubby worked til midnight at the time) and told me the guy under us was complaining of a water leak. I told him oh well, call back tomorrow as it was 10 and my kids were in the bed. He must have called me 5 times that night asking to come check my apartment because the guy down below was complaining. At one point he said he was coming anyway, that his job depended on it. I said you come and you will be met with police. The next day I asked the guy below us about the leak and apologized. He said there were no leaks. Well, you know what is next. Yeah, that maintenance guy was the one who killed the girl.

I walked to the leasing office the next day and asked them how did this happen ... I asked if they did a back ground check on the maintenance guys because they had the keys to every apartment. They did NOT do a background check. Per the news at the time, this guy had a rap sheet a mile and a half long. Including burglary, rape, attempted murder ...

So, unless things have changed in 15 years, they do not conduct background checks on maintenance guys. Usually, unfortunately, they're illegals.

This is absolutely horrible! How lucky that you had sense enough to tell him not to come!!

If anything odd like that happens (where it turns out the maintenance guy is lying in order to gain access to your apartment, I guess it is important to notify the management immediately. He should have been fired for that!

Somebody have the link to the map handy?

Just wanted to say, IMO the GBI was very open in sharing information in this case.

Details were provided in real time as the case was unfolding, that normally are withheld. I think sharing the information, good police work and mistakes made by the perp contributed to a quick arrest.

Hate to quote myself, but did anyone else see that video before they went to the still of the microphone stand?

It looked like possibly surveillance video. He and a woman are getting into a car.

Yes I saw it. I didn't know what it was they were looping. I said oh so that was him when I saw the arrest pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother