GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Belimom and Amanda! I've been reading them and it looks like something around possibly Sept. happened. RB asked a friend if he was staying out of trouble and he said he moved to Deluth and laying low, there's more of the convo. RB was moving shortly afterward and announced that he was moving about one month before he moved to Canton and he had to go and get away. RB was living in Dahlonega, GA and getting ready for the move starting in Oct to Canton. What happened maybe during Sept-Nov 5th when RB moved? Also, like someone posted earlier, had only one Happy Birthday from a friend. (forgot the date)

The long posting of back and forth comments on FB with another friend or ? Got rugly. RB accused that person of stealing Xbox games or something. It didn't seem so threatening like a gang would talk to me. More like why his step brother got sent away to jail/prison but got out early. Please correct me now that the pages were saved by Beli!! thank you!

All of this is truely telling and may help solve another damn crime and pray it's not another child. It is obviously on the down low though in some parts. I advise everyone to go read them although immature and tedious to sift through, it's worth the read.

May be nothing though. But there's something in Sept. to Nov. that they are being on the down low about. jmo xoxo

well for that matter, I am unsure why they needed to drag his mother's bankruptcy into the matter either, the article said she had just recently filed it, on the day Jorelys went missing IIRC (note to self: interesting coincidence?). So the woman already had alot on her plate. Now this. I do feel for this young man's family. This has to have just uprooted their entire lives.

I will say it sounds as if this family has had a bunch of upheaval within the last year or so. Wonder if stress could have contributed to a need to "act out" for RB?

When I read that, I thought that perhaps that was a catalyst for his actions that day. It's a coincidence that the murder and her filing happened on the same day. Don't get me wrong, I think that he would have killed anyway, but maybe it occured that day because his anger was boiling over bc of the, in his mind, perceived injustice against his mother. But, then I realized that in order for him to feel that way, he would need to feel empathy for another human being (ie his mom). And empathy, in my opinion, is outside of his capabilities because, if he did what le says he did, he is a monster. So, yeah, I agree with you. It was unnecessary to print this information.

I think the reported didn't have much info to go on, so just printed what they could to fill up space even if it had little actual value.

anyone else wonder if RB might have made the wrong new 'friends' when he moved, and got caught up in some sick, horrendous mess?

(not quite the same, but reminds me of a time a 'cool' gal back in school asked me to go to the store with her...naive me...not so cool, she was a shoplifter...I remained a nerd, ha)

I wonder if he might have been introduced to some type of drug use he had not encountered before...?

Regarding being wrapped, a local also heard this during a news broadcast . . .

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

actually, a few locals heard it

In the Lauren Giddings case, also in Georgia (many WS threads), her remains were first reported to be "wrapped in some type of material", then "wrapped in plastic" -- finally was revealed that the plastic was five large trash bags.
FWIW

I don't think it would be unusual at all for a homeschooled grown person to introduce himself to kids at the park. Homeschooled kids often play in mixed age groups, and it's very different how their interactions with kids of different ages can be. My own son is 15 and he's always played/talked with the whole gamut.
The last time we went to a homeschooled function, it was young girls there! He ended up playing AT chess with one of them, about 7.

The homeschooled thing is interesting to me, because his posts on FB don't seem very educated at all. IF he did this, again, none of it seems very well thought out, and they say he planned it.

The way he chewed his lip in the courtroom, it was more a rolling motion to me- it made me wonder if he'd been doing a bit of meth or antipsychotic drugs. It looked rather Parkinsonian to me.

I'm sure your son is a wonderful teen. I was very protective of my children so at 7, my daughters wouldn't have been allowed to play chess or anyother game with a 15 year old--especially a 15 year old boy. Only pointing out the way we raise our children differently.

I see a 20 year old riding around an apartment complex looking at and hanging around children highly suspicious. Too bad others didn't! Angel Jorely may have escaped a violent sexual attack, beating, stabbing and rape which in turn lead to her death.

Well that's why I mention it- there are cultural differences in homeschooled kids/groups. In our groups the kids from 0-17 always interact together. (With usually more adults sitting there than kids usually.)

It was very strange to me at first, and you see it a lot in the unschooled groups. We went to a big convention of unschoolers, and there was maybe 400 kids there- and the groups would be very wide ranging in age.

Anyway, that's why I brought it up- it's a cultural difference that I've seen firsthand in homeschooled people many times.

We have some grown kids now in college that STILL come to the group meetings at times, and they will definitely talk with the younger kids. They also all keep up with each other on FB.
-------------------------------------------------

The looking back - mouth stuff- that looks like EPS or parkinsonian symptoms to me....does he have a mental disorder he's being treated for? He needs a medical workup, IMO. That doesn't look right at all.

I wonder how long it will take to get a DNA profile done for RB and then run it through the system to see if it matches any unsolved crimes.

:furious: <----I'm not mad, that's me lighting a fire under the lab people.

I'm interested in this too.If he's guilty(and so far it does look like he is)I do think he has done this before.

A convenience store about a mile from the family's home buzzed with the news.

"Customers were talking about that in the morning when I got here. Everybody was talking about it," Ali Bukhari said.

The store clerk then looked up a photo of Brunn and realized the man was a customer of the store on multiple occasions.

Like so many others, Bukhari is shocked that a customer he served is now facing such horrible allegations.

"If we have these kind of customers, you have to be kind of aware of that," he said. "... You don't know."

Family members and Brunn's public defender say he is innocent.

Brian Staples, whose brother is married to Brunn's sister, said Brunn is outgoing and friendly, not the socially awkward, quiet maintenance man that residents at the apartment complex described.

He said Brunn is "into helping people, not hurting people."

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/60284/

When I read that, I thought that perhaps that was a catalyst for his actions that day. It's a coincidence that the murder and her filing happened on the same day. Don't get me wrong, I think that he would have killed anyway, but maybe it occured that day because his anger was boiling over bc of the, in his mind, perceived injustice against his mother. But, then I realized that in order for him to feel that way, he would need to feel empathy for another human being (ie his mom). And empathy, in my opinion, is outside of his capabilities because, if he did what le says he did, he is a monster. So, yeah, I agree with you. It was unnecessary to print this information.

I think the reported didn't have much info to go on, so just printed what they could to fill up space even if it had little actual value.

I could see a sociopath being angry with mom if she shut him down when he asked why should wasn't going to give him any more money...

The family of a 7-year-old Canton girl is expected to speak on Friday at the same apartment complex where she was killed.

The Rivera family is expected to speak about the case at 10 a.m. at the River Ridge Apartments in Canton.

Brunn is being held in isolation at the Cherokee County Jail without bond. His next court appearance could be as early as Monday, but will likely be later this month or early next year.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Jorelys-Rivera-Family-to-Speak-20111209-am-sd

Cannon said Burns met with Brunn at the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center, and said his client is well aware of the nature of the charges.

&#8220;He&#8217;s certainly concerned about the seriousness of the charges,&#8221; he said. &#8220;He understands that the charges are very, very serious.&#8221;

Cannon said he and Burns will proceed with the case &#8220;as if our client is not guilty,&#8221; but added there&#8217;s a lot more work to be done, since he was appointed to the case less than 24 hours after his client was arrested.

Read more: Cherokee Tribune - Suspect in Jorelys Rivera case makes first court appearance
http://cherokeetribune.com/view/ful...irst-court-appearance?instance=home_news_left

I don't think it would be unusual at all for a homeschooled grown person to introduce himself to kids at the park. Homeschooled kids often play in mixed age groups, and it's very different how their interactions with kids of different ages can be. My own son is 15 and he's always played/talked with the whole gamut.
The last time we went to a homeschooled function, it was young girls there! He ended up playing AT chess with one of them, about 7.

The homeschooled thing is interesting to me, because his posts on FB don't seem very educated at all. IF he did this, again, none of it seems very well thought out, and they say he planned it.

The way he chewed his lip in the courtroom, it was more a rolling motion to me- it made me wonder if he'd been doing a bit of meth or antipsychotic drugs. It looked rather Parkinsonian to me.

Just jumping off your post here. :seeya:

Regarding homeschooling and the Brunn kids. This is all just MOO and out loud wonderings. And I'm not sleuthing mom here, just trying to come up with a Ryan Brunn childhood/background.

I'm thinking momma didn't homeschool because she thought she could provide the children a better education. Or that education was highly valued. Or that she had a great deal of concern on these children's final outcomes. Most home schooled kids I know, and homeschooled adults I know are/were advanced compared to their peers. Education and learning was/is perceived as very important. None of them 'dropped out', let alone 'settled for' a GED. (The homeschoolers would see that as 'settling'.)

Perhaps mom homeschooled because dealing with the school system/homework/etc for 4 kids would be too much work. The school would be too much in their business.

In recent articles it sounded like mom wasn't going to Ryan's football games. It seems odd that a parent that would be so 'hands on' regarding education would be absent supporting her children's other achievements.

Now regarding the 'are they foster kids or were they adopted'? I think, MOO, they were 'Foster to Adopt' kids. It's a choice you can make when you choose to adopt through the foster system. My gut (and my gut has been wrong before!) is telling me that these kids were not formally adopted by mom for a long, long time. Once the adoption is final, those kids are your 100% financial responsibilty and the foster care stipends/financial reimbursements stop coming in. As long as they are foster kids, you get stipend and reimbursements for each child. ANYWAY, :crazy: my point is, I'm passingly familiar with the foster care system, in Georgia, at least. And while there are many wonderful families who do it for the right reasons, there are tons who see the kids as a means of income.

It would be a very large undertaking to up and decide to adopt (or foster to adopt) 4 children....at the same time. (I don't know that's what she did, but it kinda sounded like it.) It seems like 4 at one time would either be someone who is REALLY invested in being a parent ... or someone who was really invested in the financial benefits. One or the other. Moo!

So ... you take some kid who was maybe screwed up from the beginning (from birth or early childhood), and then have him fosterered in an environment where he is nothing more than a means to income... Again, not saying that's what happened, just a possibility.

Also, the brother (SP?) didn't he say something about them moving from NY to Gerogia 'thinking things would get better', or something like that? But they moved from NY when they were little? What things were bad in NY? What happened in NY that mom felt things 'would get better' in GA?

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

,Respectuflly snipped>Also, like someone posted earlier, had only one Happy Birthday from a friend. (forgot the date)

<Respectfully snipped>
Was his birthday on his profile? If not, then no one would have known when it was. It would be really crazy if his birthday was posted and only one person wished him Happy Birthday. On the other side of that coin - the one person who did wish him HB would know him pretty well to know when his birthday is. Facebook reminds all your friends the day of your birthday.

Where are these postings?

Just jumping off your post here. :seeya:

Regarding homeschooling and the Brunn kids. This is all just MOO and out loud wonderings. And I'm not sleuthing mom here, just trying to come up with a Ryan Brunn childhood/background.

I'm thinking momma didn't homeschool because she thought she could provide the children a better education. Or that education was highly valued. Or that she had a great deal of concern on these children's final outcomes. Most home schooled kids I know, and homeschooled adults I know are/were advanced compared to their peers. Education and learning was/is perceived as very important. None of them 'dropped out', let alone 'settled for' a GED. (The homeschoolers would see that as 'settling'.)

Perhaps mom homeschooled because dealing with the school system/homework/etc for 4 kids would be too much work. The school would be too much in their business.

In recent articles it sounded like mom wasn't going to Ryan's football games. It seems odd that a parent that would be so 'hands on' regarding education would be absent supporting her children's other achievements.

Now regarding the 'are they foster kids or were they adopted'? I think, MOO, they were 'Foster to Adopt' kids. It's a choice you can make when you choose to adopt through the foster system. My gut (and my gut has been wrong before!) is telling me that these kids were not formally adopted by mom for a long, long time. Once the adoption is final, those kids are your 100% financial responsibilty and the foster care stipends/financial reimbursements stop coming in. As long as they are foster kids, you get stipend and reimbursements for each child. ANYWAY, :crazy: my point is, I'm passingly familiar with the foster care system, in Georgia, at least. And while there are many wonderful families who do it for the right reasons, there are tons who see the kids as a means of income.

It would be a very large undertaking to up and decide to adopt (or foster to adopt) 4 children....at the same time. (I don't know that's what she did, but it kinda sounded like it.) It seems like 4 at one time would either be someone who is REALLY invested in being a parent ... or someone who was really invested in the financial benefits. One or the other. Moo!

So ... you take some kid who was maybe screwed up from the beginning (from birth or early childhood), and then have him fosterered in an environment where he is nothing more than a means to income... Again, not saying that's what happened, just a possibility.

Also, the brother (SP?) didn't he say something about them moving from NY to Gerogia 'thinking things would get better', or something like that? But they moved from NY when they were little? What things were bad in NY? What happened in NY that mom felt things 'would get better' in GA?

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Or he could have been home schooled because his mom didn't feel it a good idea for him to be around other kids. Were his other siblings home schooled?

And while there are many wonderful families who do it for the right reasons, there are tons who see the kids as a means of income.

VERY true. There's a lot of abuse that stems from foster situations. I'm always amazed at how little they are monitored and amazed at what the criteria must be to take on the responsibility of these special need kiddos. The worst is neglect - not feeding or clothing them properly so that the funds can be used for something else.

Don't get me wrong, the stipends have to be in place for well intentioned families just wanting to make a difference, but there needs to be accountability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper