GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This!!!!! Sad but true.
There is some weird agenda going on to blame LE for something....anything in this case, and I'm wondering where it has it's roots, and why people keeping reaching to lay something bad at the feet of the LE who were working this case initially.

IF LE were at fault in some way I'd be the first screaming but, for the life of me I'm not sure what exactly they did wrong and what could they could have done to save Jorely, or what evidence was lost due to LE's initial actions.

This is one of the fastest arrests of a suspect and recovery of a missing child I've seen here on WS.

:shrugs:

I don't think there is some concerted agenda. I think this case is just so emotional. She was snatched so close to home in an area we all imagine had ample opportunity to be witnessed (so bold). The bad guy was living in the complex. The child was murdered right there the whole awful thing happened right there - hidden in plain sight. It goes on and on the nightmarish scariness of it.

This case is just so damn scary. I think we all have been affected. It just seemed so fast. She was there, she was gone, she was dead and she was disposed of. Right there. It just seems like it cant be right that that can happen.

Maybe mistakes were made, maybe they were not, I honestly don't know. But I don't think there is an agenda in play.

These are stats from Lumpkin County where RB is from. Interesting to me. The crime stats & everything jumped from August 2011 to November 2011. I've read too many FB pages...!! But I'm not seeing anything close to what happened to Jorelys. Just crimes.

If you can read numbers quickly like I do, make sure you check all of the stats. Sorry to be boring. xoxo

http://www.lumpkincounty.gov/dept/sheriff

Intrepid writes-
The apartments at River Ridge … did they include refrigerator/freezers?
Were they top or side by side?
This hurts to type … but I could ‘fit’ a wrapped 4’ 45 lb in both of those type freezers and refrigerators, easy. Ask if the power was still on in the apartment? Were the utilities all paid by each tenant(s)? Chances are they were off and the dumpster was the next location. (I previously posted about the Honda, etc.)
Forget the lime.

It pains me to think that this Ryan Brunn had this all planned out. I remember seeing something on AMW years ago where some Perp placed a dead body in a long freezer that was plugged. It was there for quite a long time. I could imagine that could throw off anyone.

Why would the groundskeeper need keys to the apartments? I can see him needing keys to the trash compactor, but the apartment? RB was the groundskeeper, not the complex manager, but he lived with the complex manager's son, or so I understand. Why was RB showing the vacant apartments to police instead of the apartment complex manager doing it? And yes, why would he leave that door unlocked? Makes me wonder if he knew what apartments were vacant or if he was just given a list of them by the apartment complex manager and they happened to leave the murder scene apartment off the list.

Maybe read just this forum thread and the answers are, in the form of many opinions, there.

Intrepid writes-
The apartments at River Ridge … did they include refrigerator/freezers?
Were they top or side by side?
This hurts to type … but I could ‘fit’ a wrapped 4’ 45 lb in both of those type freezers and refrigerators, easy. Ask if the power was still on in the apartment? Were the utilities all paid by each tenant(s)? Chances are they were off and the dumpster was the next location. (I previously posted about the Honda, etc.)
Forget the lime.

It pains me to think that this Ryan Brunn had this all planned out. I remember seeing something on AMW years ago where some Perp placed a dead body in a long freezer that was plugged. It was there for quite a long time. I could imagine that could throw off anyone.

The apartments have regular refrigerator/freezers - you can barely fit a weeks worth of groceries, much less a small human in the freezer. If one took out all the shelves in the fridge you could put her in the fridge, but why? I don't think we're dealing with Einstein here - more like a dumbed down Forest Gump.

I just wanted to add something- In Georgia, you cannot legally homeschool foster children. You CAN legally homeschool adopted children.

I have a friend and she homeschools her 3 daughers but has a foster child she is trying to adopt. The adoption took a while so she had to send him to school because of this law.

Someone asked this in the other thread and I never saw it answered. I still have 11 pages of this one to go, so forgive me if that's a repeat.

I did, but never read that far that fast, but ty for a shortcut all.

BBM = Bolded By Me, not blackberry message (silly urban dictionary ~ fail ;) ).

Another point, but again, maybe not worth pursing:
If RB’s mom established GA residency, why is NY paying for adult foster/adopted legal adults?
RB and CB are 20 y/o, SP/B is 26, CS is married (older than 20), SB is ~? last year HS tops?
So, if all ‘children’ are adults under NY stipend and living for years in Georgia … get my drift?
Maybe she (mom) got her last state paycheck and all the sons still at home had to flee or ?

RB’s mom left her home two months ago ~Sept/Oct (RB moved from the newer residence during/after this transition ~ Nov).
… why are all 4 adult sons still at home, RB moved out in Nov. , 3 sons still there, and sis got married and was already out.

Just asking you all to back up and see this, please.

What the remaining sons and mom do now are their business(es), but one flew the coop.
(Sister already did.)

Could the stipend be related to any disability payments?

Also, ftr, it really doesn't matter all that much in GA what the schoolboards want, there's a state law and it's pretty lenient over all IF they are your kids. (Naturally or by adoption.)
NY State is tougher to homechool in- on paper. I've met a lot of New Yorkers that unschool. You have to have an approved curriculum there but there's ways they get around it so they can teach and do what they want.
I do not mean to sound as if I am trying to put homeschooling on trial- I have only seen it be very successful compared to public school, so I totally advocate it. I just thought that might be a relevant tidbit to his background.

I have a relative that adopted a disabled boy. (His IQ is low with the mildest MR to qualify as MR) He got some sort of disability. I'm not sure what happened with all that, but when he got to adult age, she put him in a grouphome and she commented that they'd take his whole check. (So there must have been some money coming in.)

I'm really leary of the foster care system b/c even though I know some good people that foster, I don't think they'd do it IF NOT for the money, and when someone has a bunch of kids..well it makes me wonder what their deepest motivations are.

The other thing is that I know someone who has a child of her family member that is special needs. She gets a good bit of $$ and I was surprised to recently find out that she's always TOLD the child that he's adopted, but he IS NOT.

Could RB have some sort of very mild mental disorder or developmental disorder? Could the mom have been collecting kids with special needs for income and labor to do chores ad nauseum if you get my drift, and to support her?

Could RB have come to hate young children for being able to live a social, carefree life and go to school- a life that he never got to live?

Could he have been dumb as a rock and set up so that someone could have 2 victims instead of one?

It's funny others feel like someone else was involved. I got those vibes too.
It's just random thoughts running through my head.

I don't think there is some concerted agenda. I think this case is just so emotional. She was snatched so close to home in an area we all imagine had ample opportunity to be witnessed (so bold). The bad guy was living in the complex. The child was murdered right there the whole awful thing happened right there - hidden in plain sight. It goes on and on the nightmarish scariness of it.

This case is just so damn scary. I think we all have been affected. It just seemed so fast. She was there, she was gone, she was dead and she was disposed of. Right there. It just seems like it cant be right that that can happen.

Maybe mistakes were made, maybe they were not, I honestly don't know. But I don't think there is an agenda in play.

Yes, but unfortunately this isn't the first time one could say this about Jorely, and her lack of supervision. While it is an extremely scary crime, it's not totally unpredicable considering the background in this case, and especially since we've heard this monster watched the kids and planned his deed for awhile.
Predators pick on the weakest, and use opportunity to their advantage.
This creep had to notice Jorely was alone around the grounds of the building a lot and off on her own. If he was scoping out which little kid to grab he probably hooned right in on her due to this fact.

I'm trying to tread lightly due to the rules here on WS, but if we can learn something from these crimes/cases then at least it should be discussed to some degree. Jorely is the true victim, nobody else.

Put it this way; if there is one lesson to take away from this horrible crime you're saying it's that LE should have been more diligent in looking for Jorely or, would it be something else???
Why try to shift the burden to LE when we know the reality of the situation ?

Anyway...I'm so exhausted from our kids having to pay the price.

jmo

IDK if the inital guys could have done better. I do feel that no matter what, Jorely could not have been saved but this article makes a few intriguing points that might need to be addressed.

http://www.ajc.com/news/a-vigil-and-lingering-1255879.html

Again the real issue is not being dealt with imo.

I see nothing in that article that lets me think LE could have saved Jorely by acting differently in their initial response, or that critical evidence was lost.

So...apparently LE have a ton of evidence; the suspect is arrested and sitting in jail; and they recovered Jorely all within a VERY short period of time.
I'm not sure what the grind is with LE. Of course there is always improvement to be made with any investigation but, I'm not seeing where LE's initial response has hurt the case in this situation?

Is it possible that he told LE he had checked the apartments? And then, once suspicion landed on him, they realized that they needed to double check. Once they found the "obvious" crime scene that he said he had already checked, well, that is pretty damning evidence against him all by itself.

But initially, I wouldn't blame LE for having the staff of the complex help them look. Especially for empty apartments where the staff could enter without needing a warrant.

I mentioned in an earlier thread how similar this murder is to Andrea Atkinson in Toronto. A young girl was playing at the apartment complex's playground, was lured or taken away at some point, was brutally murdered and assaulted in the apartment complex. Multiple scourings of the apartment building(s) did not find Andrea's body- the young maintenance man responsible for her murder was one of the few people with a key to the boiler room (similar to a vacant apartment in that respect); most people didn't know it was there (including police, if I recall correctly), and those who did assumed it had been searched. In an effort to find her, they had many people searching and one door was so easy to overlook. They found her 9 days later, and the murderer tried to claim that he just "found" the body and left it there because he was using the boiler room to do drugs.

Sad to say, none of these boys appear to have much knowledge on grammar, spelling, or sentence structure. :/

To be fair, that is true of schooled kids, as well (and those are things that should have been learned before high school) AND even kids who actually know how to spell, punctuate, and compose sentences will write atrociously online and on FB. I frequently cringe reading my own kids' FB posts, thinking people will think they are uneducated. But I think it's like the way kids will speak in slang and with bad grammar and lazy pronunciation among their friends, even when they know better

I'm only half being a smart **s here, (and not directed towards you!:seeya:) but I've read he and his siblings were homeschooled. How exactly does one 'quit school' when you're homeschooled? "Hey, Ma. How about you quit giving me reading assignments and papers to do. I'm gonna go smoke weed on the front porch and punch a dog in the nose now." :waitasec:

I don't know the Georgia laws, but in SC you have to be in school until 17. On your 17th birthday, you can legally drop out of school. In SC, and particularly for high school, homeschoolers have to keep records - attendance, grades, etc and have documentation that they are schooling their under-age children.

“He told me ‘I’m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,” she said.

I heard RB didn't want LE entering his apartment because he was not legally able to purchase and drink alcohol but this is the first time I heard Ryan had a girlfriend and she was asleep in his apartment.

Some posters speculated RB might have taken JR to his apartment before he placed her in the dumpster, but if it's true Ryan had a gf and she was in his apt "sleeping" Friday, this scenario is highly unlikely imo.

Has this information about Ryan having a girlfriend been confirmed? He had only been there a month and already he had a girlfriend?

This!!!!! Sad but true.
There is some weird agenda going on to blame LE for something....anything in this case, and I'm wondering where it has it's roots, and why people keeping reaching to lay something bad at the feet of the LE who were working this case initially.

IF LE were at fault in some way I'd be the first screaming but, for the life of me I'm not sure what exactly they did wrong and what could they could have done to save Jorely, or what evidence was lost due to LE's initial actions.

This is one of the fastest arrests of a suspect and recovery of a missing child I've seen here on WS.

:shrugs:

I hate to criticize LE also, but I have FB friends local to the area. All last weekend they were spreading infomation about this missing child and questioning why no Amber Alert was posted.

Why would the groundskeeper need keys to the apartments? I can see him needing keys to the trash compactor, but the apartment? RB was the groundskeeper, not the complex manager, but he lived with the complex manager's son, or so I understand. Why was RB showing the vacant apartments to police instead of the apartment complex manager doing it? And yes, why would he leave that door unlocked? Makes me wonder if he knew what apartments were vacant or if he was just given a list of them by the apartment complex manager and they happened to leave the murder scene apartment off the list.

Thank you for pointing this out. Many people may not realize there is a distinction between the duties performed by a groundskeeper and caretakers/maintenance workers. Ryan shouldn't even have had a master key to the apartments if he was employed to maintain the grounds only imo.

Ryan had only lived at the complex for about 1 month which doesn't give him much time to know where all the vacant apartments in a large complex which contained 356 separate apartments since he was hired to maintain the grounds only. He barely had time to orient himself to his new surroundings and settle into his new environment. If RB had a gf, I suspect him even less.

I knew RB assisted in the search for JR but has it been confirmed he helped LE search the apartments?

Also regarding the dumpster, the initial reports said LE didn't go through the bin because the garbage was too compacted. My understanding is the garbage hadn't gone through the compacter yet but would have on Monday so her body was still in the bin which everyone has access to. Is this right?

TIA

These are stats from Lumpkin County where RB is from. Interesting to me. The crime stats & everything jumped from August 2011 to November 2011. I've read too many FB pages...!! But I'm not seeing anything close to what happened to Jorelys. Just crimes.

If you can read numbers quickly like I do, make sure you check all of the stats. Sorry to be boring. xoxo

http://www.lumpkincounty.gov/dept/sheriff

I want to see stats of this apartment complex! Does it have a good deal of crime? Does apt management advise tenants of ALL CRIMES in the complex?

Trying to catch up on comments...you all were up too late for me last night.

I am sorry BUT If she was that 'creeped out' by him, then why didn't she call and report his 'odd' behavior BEFORE the fact....

:banghead:
that is why we have police- to serve and protect...not JUST for catching criminals AFTER they commit crimes

Yet another tenant who was interviewed said RB was friendly, go figure.

LE can't charge a person with a crime simply because one tenant was "creeped" out by him unless he verbally or physically assaulted her, damaged her property, or threatened her safety in some way afaik. JMO

Several media reports said RB was denied bond but his court appointed lawyers have yet to file a motion requesting bond which takes place at his arraignment so the Judge did not rule on this issue yet.

Several media reports had headlines which said RB was denied bond which misleads the public who perhaps didn't see his initial hearing or understand what went on during RB's 7 minute court appearance imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper