GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read one comment from a tenant at the RR apt complex who said she's had no problems living there.

The manager conducted a criminal record check on Ryan afaik and they offered counselling services to anyone who is interested.

IDK if she checked Ryan's references but if Ryan's former employer was dissatisfied with his performance, he would have fired him.

I thought all complaints involving criminal activity are to be handled by LE?

After my apartment was broken into, I called the onsite caretaker and asked him to send out a locksmith to repair the lock on the door asap and he said he would do it tomorrow. Unsatisfied with his response, I immediately contacted LE and they told me to call a locksmith and have him send the bill to the management company which I did.

IMO the tenants should be filing their complaints with the CPD whose job it is to record and investigate criminal activity. MOO

LE are in control of this investigation and they advised Jorelys's family to cancel a scheduled press conference so they may have asked this woman and her son not to speak to the press.
I'm thinking the company might have instructed the woman to keep mum (and strongly urged that her son do the same).

Have any of Ryan's friends or family members said whether Ryan spent any time in Canton before he moved there? :waitasec:

I have no idea and I don't really think it would help with this case case, IMO, considering all the perp needed to know was where Jorelys was, that she was unattended, where the vacant apartment was and where the dumpster was. If one lived/worked on the property for one month, those are all things one would know, if they were paying attention (esp to Jorelys).

I was simply responding to the comment that (paraphrased) because of his work schedule, it was doubtful he'd spent much time in Canton. Around here, and to a 20 year old, one may have nothing to do with the other. Speaking as a person who lived north of Atlanta as Brunn did as a twenty year old, ones work/school schedule may have nothing to do with how much time one makes to hang out with friends, even those who live 40 miles away. And that the two locations (Dahlonega and Canton) are not all that far from each other. Many of us Metro Atlanta folks drive that far every day to go to work. It's not like the guy would have to drive down to Florida.

He may have been there often. He may have never been there before November. Just clarifying my statements (opinions!) in case they play towards anyone's theories. :seeya:

From the 6pm WSB broadcast...

Cherokee County Sheriff Garrison is planning to discipline 2 of his Deputies for failing to report a small amount of blood they saw in a very cursory look into the vacant apartment that turned out to be the murder scene, only mentioning it to the GBI when they were brought in on Monday. Sheriff is calling for a full Internal Affairs investigation regarding the actions of every Deputy involved in the search for Jorelys. Of course, we know that it was Sheriff Garrison who called in the GBI and CART teams late Sunday.

Repeating the criticism of the Chief of Canton PD not appearing at least Saturday for the searches as the case was quite high-profile in the metro Atlanta media by early Saturday afternoon. Reporter got the Chief on the phone and asked him point blank where he was during Saturday afternoon, but the Chief declined to answer. The inference was left that he was on personal time/activities.

Westie Mom

WOW! Alrighty then, so our concerns as to why that crime scene was not found by Canton PD were justified IMO. :shakehead: This is distressing.

The day after she disappeared, crews were dispatched to check all the vacant apartments in the complex.

Garrison told Channel 2 that one of his deputies and a trainee cleared an empty apartment that turned out to be the place where Jorelys was killed.

"When they passed through it, the mission was that they were looking for a missing person," he said.

Garrison told Channel 2 that the deputies did not tell anyone that they saw what looked like a small amount of blood inside the apartment, only mentioning it when questioned by the GBI two days later.

"There's not really any excuse for it," he said.

He said both men are facing disciplinary action for the incident.
http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/cherokee-sheriff-major-mistake-1260332.html

WOW! Alrighty then, so our concerns as to why that crime scene was not found by Canton PD were justified IMO. :shakehead: This is distressing.

it is distressing... especially since they NOTICED a small amount of blood...

the deputies did not tell anyone that they saw what looked like a small amount of blood inside the apartment, only mentioning it when questioned by the GBI two days later.

aside: I wonder if the AJC will now amend their article that said there was blood all over the floor and walls?

aside: I wonder if the AJC will now amend their article that said there was blood all over the floor and walls?

I kind of doubt it, particularly after Vernon Keenan's comments last week. The way the Sheriff described it during the WSB interview tonight made it sound like these 2 kind of stuck their heads in and called "anybody here" rather than walking the entire apartment - very cursory check of the vacant. That, coupled with the mattress later reported being in that apartment, kind of lead me to believe the actual murder took place in the bedroom, and that this "small spot of blood" seen by the Cherokee County Deputies might have been a single splotch in the living room or leading toward whatever exit Brunn used, perhaps from his shoes...

MOO

Westie Mom

This makes me wonder if deputies didn't go in EVERY rm in the apt. Maybe RB raped her on the mattress and then kill her in a closet.

Big faux pas on the deputies' part.

I haven't been able to detect any deception or evil intent coming from Ryan so that is why I am busy brainstorming trying to keep an open mind and think outside the box. IMO Ryan is a normal honest kid who was willing to help others anyway he could and make the world a safe place for children.

Ryan's comment regarding Casey Anthony getting what is due her for killing her child makes me believes he loves and protects children and had no intention to do them any harm.

If Ryan was mentally unstable, he would have been under the care of a psychiatrist who would have prescribed him anti-psychotic medication but based on what we know, this isn't the case and Ryan told Judge Mills he wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

BEM: It would be difficult to count the number of child molesters and child killers who were wonderful to children and just wanted to make a difference. Absolutely meaningless to me.

"To everyone who met him, xxxx seemed a likable and affable man. He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with. He was a good Catholic and sharp businessman who, when not running his construction company was active in the Jaycees and was also a Democratic Party precinct captain, when he had his photo taken with then First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. He also spent much of his free time hosting elaborate street parties for his friends and neighbors, serving in community groups and entertaining children xxxxx. He was a generous, hard working, friendly, devoted family man, everyone knew that -- but that was the side of xxxx that he allowed people to see."

Guess who?

I was flabbergasted after reading the comment made by the CME

How can the CME NOT know how many times the child was stabbed?

All they have to do is count the number of wounds. :waitasec:

<snipped>

CAUSE OF DEATH

Keenan said the autopsy, which was conducted by Chief Medical Examiner
Dr. Kris Sperry, disclosed that the child also was stabbed an unknown number of times and sexually assaulted.

The small amount of blood could have been on the door and the crime scene could have been in a bedroom that they did not go into until later. So, there still could have been blood everywhere. And also wasn't there supposed to be a bloody mattress? jmo

they said it would take some time to process all the evidence. I personally am not worried.. but that is just me.

:twocents:

the director of the gbi said they are confident they have their man... now we have to be patient while the wheels of justice turn.. :twocents:

Lab requests take time. I doubt the forensic analysts from all of the different labs would be standing around with nothing to do until this case came in.
The techs on scene can do presumptive tests for things like blood but the lab analysis takes time. DNA takes time. It all takes time and we have to be patient.

Maybe there was blood all over the floors and walls that wasn't visible to the naked eye, but only when luminol was used?

From the 6pm WSB broadcast...

Cherokee County Sheriff Garrison is planning to discipline 2 of his Deputies for failing to report a small amount of blood they saw in a very cursory look into the vacant apartment that turned out to be the murder scene, only mentioning it to the GBI when they were brought in on Monday. Sheriff is calling for a full Internal Affairs investigation regarding the actions of every Deputy involved in the search for Jorelys. Of course, we know that it was Sheriff Garrison who called in the GBI and CART teams late Sunday.

Repeating the criticism of the Chief of Canton PD not appearing at least Saturday for the searches as the case was quite high-profile in the metro Atlanta media by early Saturday afternoon. Reporter got the Chief on the phone and asked him point blank where he was during Saturday afternoon, but the Chief declined to answer. The inference was left that he was on personal time/activities.

Westie Mom

Grrrrrrrr defense attorney fodder.

Blood spatter can be very tiny spray, visible with the naked eye only upon close inspection. At the time they thought they were looking for a missing (wandered off again) child. It is possible that they noticed the small amount of blood mentioned in the statement from the Sheriff, but failing to further investigate or sound the alarm, smaller spray may have gone unnoticed and unremarked. So I am still hopeful that there was plenty of blood evidence to tell a story in the apartment.

I also wonder if they did a cursory sweep of the apartment before clearing it, if the mattress may have had blood and body fluid evidence on it but was flipped over so that the other side of the mattress was visible during the cursory sweep. If so, there could still have been plenty of forensic evidence, blood, semen, hair, skin cells, on the opposite side for GBI to collect.

I wonder how big a role the mother's two previous calls for a missing Jorelys which turned out to be false alarms played in how seriously this call was at first taken. Very sad. Canton PD is going to take a big black eye for this IMO. I hate to see that happen. I am a huge LE supporter and I understand LEOs are human and fallible, as are we all, but it sure sounds as if mistakes were made. Big time. :(

A little history on Ryan and his Canton connection. He had been going back and forth apparently. Sorry if it's a repeat. It was something I hadn't noticed before. He had been there on and off for a year.

snipped

Brunn was a resident of Lumpkin County until about a year ago when he moved to Canton,said Bankhead.

During that year he reportedly continued to stay in Dahlonega frequently until taking a permanent job at River Ridge Apartments last month.

GBI agents began working with the Lumpkin County Sheriff's Office soon after Rivera's abduction as they interviewed local family members of Brunn and surveilled different areas throughout the county.

Bankhead said the investigation will be ongoing.

"We do have agents working with the Lumpkin County Sheriff's Office and others to follow up on his background and anything that could be useful," he said.

http://thedahloneganugget.com/view/...-of-Canton-girl?instance=breakingNews_article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelanteCO