GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure this has been posted and discussed before - I took a break from this case for awhile. I was reading the headlines today and am just sick in my stomach. Beat with the very skate she wanted to get back from him - that he stole the day before? I know that's a small detail in this whole horrid mess, but it just makes me very sad because retrieving a skate is so innocent and childlike, like Shaniya holding on to that (perp) in the elevator picture.

:cry:

Continuing, Brunn said he cut the girl's neck with a razor and beat her to death with her own skate. Afterward, he dumped her body in a trash compactor.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/1...without-parole/?test=latestnews#ixzz1jqH6uLwN

I'm sure this has been posted and discussed before - I took a break from this case for awhile. I was reading the headlines today and am just sick in my stomach. Beat with the very skate she wanted to get back from him - that he stole the day before? I know that's a small detail in this whole horrid mess, but it just makes me very sad because retrieving a skate is so innocent and childlike, like Shaniya holding on to that (perp) in the elevator picture.

:cry:

Knowing what awaited Shaniya beyond that elevator door makes that the saddest picture I have ever seen. It just breaks my heart. I wish I had never seen it. jmo

http://www.myatltv.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=223008
GBI: Brunn confession opens doors to other molestation cases

Tuesday night after he confessed in court, GBI investigators interviewed Ryan Brunn at length again. He's a suspect in two other jurisdictions in molestation cases involving two other young girls.

GBI spokesman John Bankhead says police there are re-examining that case ( in Virginia ) in light of Brunn's stunning courtroom confession Tuesday in Canton to the murder of seven year old Jorelys Rivera.

"We know from doing the background of Brunn that he had molested other children," GBI director Vernon Keenan said Tuesday in an interview with 11Alive News. "The molestation consisted of fondling of the children. We know of no other instances of violence involving him."

Another case is in Lumpkin County, Georgia, which is where Brunn lived before he moved to Canton. The Lumpkin County case had gone unreported until Brunn was named a suspect in the Rivera case. The GBI is now re-examining that case, as are local authorities in Lumpkin County.

In both cases, Bankhead says the alleged victims were acquainted with Brunn.

Knowing what awaited Shaniya beyond that elevator door makes that the saddest picture I have ever seen. It just breaks my heart. I wish I had never seen it. jmo

I think there are several cases that will always haunt me. Shaniya's case is one but what Dylan and Shasta Greone went through for 7 weeks with their sadistic pedophile murderer still brings tears to my eyes. I can still see Dylan's sweet impish smile from his school photo. To this day it is still hard to comprehend the pain, torture, and suffering they both must have gone through until Duncan finally murdered Dylan and burned his body and Duncan brought Shasta back home. And all the while these children knew Duncan had murdered their mother, brother and their mother's boyfriend.

Jorelys case is another haunting case because of the depraved torture Brunn put this one little girl through before he killed her.

I can still see Carlie with the man who had her by the arm at the carwash leading her away out of sight of the camera only to be found raped and murdered by that same man, Joe Smith.

And of course who can ever forget Jessica Lunsford or Samantha Runion or Sandra Cantu. I still can see Sandra happily skipping in the tape they showed of her taken just minutes before Melissa Huckaby took her away forever.

So there are many tragic cases that will forever be in my memory. Happy and much loved children snuffed out by pedophiles.

Shaniya's case is haunting to me because it was her own mother that gave her to the pedophile who raped and murdered her.

IMO

http://www.myatltv.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=223008

The GBI expects to interview Brunn with some regularity.

Last night, GBI director Vernon Keenan told Kevin Rowson that the life-without-parole sentence will be of help to law enforcement. "We will be able to study Brunn," Keenan said.

Keenan said GBI agents hope Brunn will be able to help them understand the mind of a child molester, to use Brunn as a resource while they are actively investigating other crimes against children.

The following sentence is only reason I don't like the death penalty, but I have been teetering for awhile.

"If he were on death row, we wouldn't have the opportunity to talk to him and learn and perfect our skills," he said." (FBI)

I had given up on that idea of keeping them alive to study, because Sociopaths LIE, but if the FBI is good on it, who am I so I to argue???

I guess I'm not sure how much there is to learn, really, from a creature like Ryan Brunn -- although I'm sure he'll find a way to parcel out whatever he has say in order to extract favours.

I also suspect -- with apologies for the graphic imagery -- that the general facts as he tells them may be true, but that he's leaving out a lot in between, particularly as regards the out-and-out sadism of the crime. I expect, for example, that a child who has been sodomized with a foreign object (according to some reports) may well then have to use the bathroom -- so, the one thing may have happened but not quite as he said. And so on.

This seems to me about as awful a crime that has been committed and the reasons are likely to have been the simple satisfaction of a revolting fantasy on RB's part. What is there to learn in that? That some people have 'em, fewer act on 'em, and we have no good way of telling in advance?

s

I know a guy who is actually in prison in Jackson and he has said that they are "ready and waiting" on Ryan ....

I guess I'm not sure how much there is to learn, really, from a creature like Ryan Brunn -- although I'm sure he'll find a way to parcel out whatever he has say in order to extract favours.

I also suspect -- with apologies for the graphic imagery -- that the general facts as he tells them may be true, but that he's leaving out a lot in between, particularly as regards the out-and-out sadism of the crime. I expect, for example, that a child who has been sodomized with a foreign object (according to some reports) may well then have to use the bathroom -- so, the one thing may have happened but not quite as he said. And so on.

This seems to me about as awful a crime that has been committed and the reasons are likely to have been the simple satisfaction of a revolting fantasy on RB's part. What is there to learn in that? That some people have 'em, fewer act on 'em, and we have no good way of telling in advance?

s

Scary if the FBI/GBI hasn't already learned what pedophiles are capable of. What more can they possibly glean from him? Didn't a pedophile already write a controversial book about his sexual experiences with children and that he would do it again. Psychiatrists have already concluded there is no cure.

Lock them up and let justice take its course. What is there to talk about?

Scary if the FBI/GBI hasn't already learned what pedophiles are capable of. What more can they possibly glean from him? Didn't a pedophile already write a controversial book about his sexual experiences with children and that he would do it again. Psychiatrists have already concluded there is no cure.

The more they know, the better profiles they can develop.

I think there are several cases that will always haunt me. Shaniya's case is one but what Dylan and Shasta Greone went through for 7 weeks with their sadistic pedophile murderer still brings tears to my eyes. I can still see Dylan's sweet impish smile from his school photo. To this day it is still hard to comprehend the pain, torture, and suffering they both must have gone through until Duncan finally murdered Dylan and burned his body and Duncan brought Shasta back home. And all the while these children knew Duncan had murdered their mother, brother and their mother's boyfriend.

Jorelys case is another haunting case because of the depraved torture Brunn put this one little girl through before he killed her.

I can still see Carlie with the man who had her by the arm at the carwash leading her away out of sight of the camera only to be found raped and murdered by that same man, Joe Smith.

And of course who can ever forget Jessica Lunsford or Samantha Runion or Sandra Cantu. I still can see Sandra happily skipping in the tape they showed of her taken just minutes before Melissa Huckaby took her away forever.

So there are many tragic cases that will forever be in my memory. Happy and much loved children snuffed out by pedophiles.

Shaniya's case is haunting to me because it was her own mother that gave her to the pedophile who raped and murdered her.

IMO

I'd never read up on Sandra Cantu's case. I am now. Poor child.

I can't believe the similarities I've seen so far to Jorelys case. MH wrote a note (like Ryan Brunn) telling how and where SC's body was. Only she actually showed it herself to the officers saying she just found it? And, like RB, she pleaded guilty for the LWOP to avoid death penalty ... yet she still denied any sexual abuse, though the ME describes evidence of heinous sexual abuse.

Cut from the same sadistic, pedophilic cloth I guess.

The note writing ... it's like they can't stand not inserting themselves in order to ramp up the excitement of the search...? And they get to watch it all happening and they get off on it?

I can't believe the similarities I've seen so far to Jorelys case. MH wrote a note (like Ryan Brunn) telling how and where SC's body was. Only she actually showed it herself to the officers saying she just found it? And, like RB, she pleaded guilty for the LWOP to avoid death penalty ... yet she still denied any sexual abuse, though the ME describes evidence of heinous sexual abuse.

The note writing ... it's like they can't stand not inserting themselves in order to ramp up the excitement of the search...? And they get to watch it all happening and they get off on it?

Yes, those two are quite similar, aren't they? The ME's testimony was interesting if you could remove yourself from the victim for a minute, to hear how he could tell that she was assaulted with something other than a human.

No one in this area of expertise can have too much knowledge. Just because one pedophile has a certain profile doesn't mean the next one will have the same profile or MO. Even though they all are hideous ...they are different in certain ways from another pedophile.

The pedophile that wrote the book did not carry out a heinous brutal murder though did he?

Actually, even though I dont agree with it.... I have read about 35% of sex offenders re-offend. I see talking heads say there is no cure but not sure if all psychiatrist believe or agree with that. I would think the 35% that do re-offend are the dangerous Level III offenders and they cant be cured.

Rarely does a pedophile murder their victim unless the child is a stranger to them like in this case. So that sets them apart from other pedophiles which are mostly incest or aquaintance pedophiles instead of strangers.

And even among stranger pedophiles Brunn is in a different league, imo. To me he is a sadist....like Joesph Duncan or Melissa Huckaby.

In Brunn's case torture seemed to have been a major factor that fed his sexual perversions. It is like he toyed with Jorelys and got self gratification out of the power over her and the fear he knew he instilled in her as he brutalized and tortured her in different ways before he finally killed her. Torturing her with a foreign object and mutilating her..sliting her throat, stabbing her and then hitting her five times with the skate shows a fullblown sadist pedophile, imo.

I remember the FBI tried desparately to open up Duncan's encrypted journal to see what made this sadistic sociopath pedophile tick. As far as I know they were never able to do so even though they had their best computer forensic team try to crack the code.

So if Brunn is willing to talk to the police then the more that is learned about pedophiles who are sadist... then so be it.

He may also open up about other children he has molested too since he is doing LWOP.

IMO

Yes, unfortunately you are right.

And did you see how Brunn completely sidestepped the fact that Jorelys was assaulted and mutilated with a foreign object.:furious:

They are really nothing but cowards. That is why they prey on the weak and defenseless who cannot defend themselves.

IMO

s
Scapa,
SO WELL SAID!! I dont believe for 1 second ANYONE can learn anything from this.
The only thing this has done for me is to NEVER trust anyone, I had maybe 1% trust before Aliahna,(plumadore),and Jorelys(Brunn) cases, but these last 2 cases have done me in.
I have a 35 yo severely mentally handicapped son, that was brutally sodomized at camp when he was 10 yo, the monster has been running free for 25 years, and I also have a 12 yo daughter, so, as you can well see, Im past protective.
This is the only way I can handle it, it may be wrong in others opinions, but, Ive never had anyone ask me to try my shoes on.
Sorry for venting, my heart aches so much for the people that truly loved these children.I dont see how they go on living .

Scapa,
SO WELL SAID!! I dont believe for 1 second ANYONE can learn anything from this.
The only thing this has done for me is to NEVER trust anyone, I had maybe 1% trust before Aliahna,(plumadore),and Jorelys(Brunn) cases, but these last 2 cases have done me in.
I have a 35 yo severely mentally handicapped son, that was brutally sodomized at camp when he was 10 yo, the monster has been running free for 25 years, and I also have a 12 yo daughter, so, as you can well see, Im past protective.
This is the only way I can handle it, it may be wrong in others opinions, but, Ive never had anyone ask me to try my shoes on.
Sorry for venting, my heart aches so much for the people that truly loved these children.I dont see how they go on living .

I do understand why you are distrustful. The victimization of your son would certainly make you feel this way.

I was a very overprotective mother due to my own childhood abuses I suffered for many years. Through therapy though I learned to step back some since suffocating them and being a hovering mother wasnt good for their mental or social growth either but it sure took me a long time to get to that point. Even though all five are grown now......I still worry about them even when I have no reason for doing so whatsoever.

But as far as trusting others..........I do for the most part. Strangers who sexually assault and murder children are extremely rare. Only 5% are strangers so it really isn't the stranger that is the most dangerous to the majority of society's children anyway. Many more children are subjected to rapes/murders while inside their own homes by one of their biological parents.

I know so many men I would trust with my life and the life of my children and they have never given me one reason not to trust them. Imo, there is a whole heck of a lot more good men than bad ones. We here...just hear about the bad ones.

Of course there are some men I wouldnt want to be around or want my children or grandchildren around but that goes for some of the women I have seen and known too.

But all in all I have learned that each person is an individual so I dont lump all men in one group just like I dont lump all women in a group. I use my commonsense and logic when deciding who to trust and distrust.

There is good and bad in both genders and we read about the bad ones here everyday. We see what mothers do to their children ...like the woman who raped her 11 year old daughter repeatedly or a father who did the same to his child. Or the children who are murdered by one of their parents.

But the cases where a stranger murders and rapes a child are always high profile cases that get national attention due to the fact that they do not happen that often. Thank God for that.

IMO

I remember posting that he could have taken her to the dumpster in a golf cart:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

....and it turns out to be true, but here's the thing - he was a groundskeeper, what was he doing with the golf cart? They are normally stored in a locked garage or office, and a porter/groundskeeper, in my experience, would not have access to keys that would unlock an office or areas where valuable inventory are kept. It is especially not true of a porter/groundskeeper with only one month employment.

Who allowed him access to the golf cart? Golf cart keys are either kept in a maintenance shop, or the lead maintenance keeps one on him. Was evidence found on the golf cart? Weren't there witnesses who saw him driving around on it after dark? I can't help but think someone else had to know something. This was tied up and put to bed in record speed.

Management companies are very powerful, as are investors in properties like this one. I don't think he was framed, and I am sure he did this horrific deed - but I also think there was pressure on LE to make it go away quickly.

I remember posting that he could have taken her to the dumpster in a golf cart:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

....and it turns out to be true, but here's the thing - he was a groundskeeper, what was he doing with the golf cart? They are normally stored in a locked garage or office, and a porter/groundskeeper, in my experience, would not have access to keys that would unlock an office or areas where valuable inventory are kept. It is especially not true of a porter/groundskeeper with only one month employment.

Who allowed him access to the golf cart? Golf cart keys are either kept in a maintenance shop, or the lead maintenance keeps one on him. Was evidence found on the golf cart? Weren't there witnesses who saw him driving around on it after dark? I can't help but think someone else had to know something. This was tied up and put to bed in record speed.

Management companies are very powerful, as are investors in properties like this one. I don't think he was framed, and I am sure he did this horrific deed - but I also think there was pressure on LE to make it go away quickly.

I really dont think this apartment complex ran a tight ship. I read even though it was a gated community one of the gates stayed open and unlocked and anyone could pass through. Also a poster here put up a site for complaints against this complex and many residents had issues with the way the complex was managed.

I dont think LE had any control over making this case go away. It seems Brunn and even his lawyer knew it was futile to go to trial with all the evidence against him. LE nor the DA could have made him plea. He knew he was guilty and he was trying to save himself from the death penalty, imo.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back