GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder the same things- the guy who my husband busted said he got them on the Internet no personal kids that he knew. I'm so very careful of pictures I post of my son just because of creeps like this. I will not post pictures of him in the tub or anything like that. Some parents post pictures and not think about the dangers. I think it's so disturbing all together makes me cringe! Just think what kind of person Brunn was! It's just sick that's all there is to it just sick and I'm so sorry what happened to this child. If only he would have killed himself before!

Yes, most of the child *advertiser censored* found on computers come from the Internet. Pictures of kids in a bathtub, or in their underwear, or even naked, are not considered child *advertiser censored* - the pictures have to be of a sexual nature....so those 700 pictures would have to be more than just pictures he swiped off someone's facebook page. I totally agree with you - if my daughter were still young, I would never have put her pics on facebook for public viewing. Too scary - especially when you are a member here!

Back to topic - was it ever determined who the pictures were of that were on RB's friends computer?

I am assuming it was "general" *advertiser censored*. I haven't seen any specifics yet.

It was child *advertiser censored*. As far as I know, possessing, uploading and viewing general adult *advertiser censored*, in Georgia, is legal, so long as the viewer is obtaining it through legal means and is of age (18).

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-ta...icted-jorelys-rivera-murder-found-dead-videos

During the investigation, authorities found child *advertiser censored* on Ryan Brunn’s computer. He admitted to making Internet searches to access the child *advertiser censored*.

No other specifics about the child or if whatever he had on his computer was tracable (to its origin) by the authorities. It doesn't sound like it was anything RB 'produced' of Jorelys. Sounds like he uploaded pics or video to his computer. :twocents:

It was child *advertiser censored*. As far as I know, possessing, uploading and viewing general adult *advertiser censored*, in Georgia, is legal, so long as the viewer is obtaining it through legal means and is of age (18).

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-ta...icted-jorelys-rivera-murder-found-dead-videos

During the investigation, authorities found child *advertiser censored* on Ryan Brunn’s computer. He admitted to making Internet searches to access the child *advertiser censored*.

No other specifics about the child or if whatever he had on his computer was tracable (to its origin) by the authorities. It doesn't sound like it was anything RB 'produced' of Jorelys. Sounds like he uploaded pics or video to his computer. :twocents:

That's what I meant. :) Was working on 7 things at once and forgot to add the word "Child".

If he uploaded it...that means it was more involved than just typing in "kiddie *advertiser censored*" and then viewing it? Like you don't go see it on youtube, obviously. Upload, to me, means it came from an external source and it had to load onto your computer from elsewhere in order to view it, right?

That's what I meant. :) Was working on 7 things at once and forgot to add the word "Child".

If he uploaded it...that means it was more involved than just typing in "kiddie *advertiser censored*" and then viewing it? Like you don't go see it on youtube, obviously. Upload, to me, means it came from an external source and it had to load onto your computer from elsewhere in order to view it, right?

Probably I should have put 'downloaded' (it was my word, and not a word I got from an article.) I tend to use 'upload' and 'download' interchangeably and incorrectly. :crazy: My guess is he found a site/chat room/message board where pervy pedophile people swap files. He would then download the file to the computer to view it.

I just want to make sure he's dead. I am the resident conspiracy theorist. :) And no, there is no logical reason to believe his death was faked, I just am still in shock at how quick it all went down.

Opportunity

My guess is that he would have killed himself sooner. Possibly even the weekend before he announced the guilty plea. I think after the indictment he realized the extent of the evidence against him, thus he plead guilty, next came opportunity.

I assume this was the very first opportunity he had after the indictment.

Probably I should have put 'downloaded' (it was my word, and not a word I got from an article.) I tend to use 'upload' and 'download' interchangeably and incorrectly. :crazy: My guess is he found a site/chat room/message board where pervy pedophile people swap files. He would then download the file to the computer to view it.

:) I honestly wasn't being as picky as I'm sure it came across. I use them incorrectly too! I guess what I was thinking was he had to actually GO GET the source, be it a dvd or floppy disk or something and install it into his computer, because surely it isn't as easy as "youtubing" it...right? Lord, I hope not.

It just blows my mind how someone can look at a little kid and think THAT's sexy. :waitasec: I guess as a parent you see all the ins and outs of parenting, from an outsider it's just something different...??

:) I honestly wasn't being as picky as I'm sure it came across. I use them incorrectly too! I guess what I was thinking was he had to actually GO GET the source, be it a dvd or floppy disk or something and install it into his computer, because surely it isn't as easy as "youtubing" it...right? Lord, I hope not.

It just blows my mind how someone can look at a little kid and think THAT's sexy. :waitasec: I guess as a parent you see all the ins and outs of parenting, from an outsider it's just something different...??

I really doubt he went and got a physical CD/video/disc. It would be easier to trace for the seller and the buyer, I'd think. And this was a borrowed computer. He'd have to order or go out and buy it, install it, leave the DVD in there or hide it somewhere.... it makes more sense/would be easier, IMO just to find it on the internet and download it. And he admited he went online looking for it. I doubt he went online to find a place he'd order a disc from and have mailed to him.

I don't know which case I was following ... Susan Powell? Her father-in-law is currently in jail for child *advertiser censored* charges. I think it was there where it was discussed how the most common ways for these ick people to get their kiddie *advertiser censored* is to 'exchange it' online. More anonymous. They supposedly have boards/chatrooms and they swap electronic files. It wouldn't be a 'site' like youtube where you just click on any video to watch. You'd probably 'chat' with someone and they'd personally send a file to you to open onto your computer. It probably isn't easy to find chatroom/board and then get the members to trust you, and my guess is people would be wary of first timers, worried it might be a 'Fed'. So my guess is, if RB found/was sent, and downloaded something to his roomate's computer, it wasn't RB's first rodeo in the kiddie *advertiser censored* world. :twocents:

Unfortunately, there are parents who molest and are into kiddie *advertiser censored*. There are parents who produce kiddie *advertiser censored*. Heck, there are parents who sell their kids in exchange for crack. Most children are molested by someone they know and trust, often a relative. These people are just wired in a way that you and I can't comprehend.

Kinda like I can't comprehend how anyone who killed anyone can live with the guilt. (I know, they don't have any!) But seriously. If I were to ding your car door and there were no witnesses, I'd STILL leave a note on your car with all my info. Cause that's how I'm wired.

Has it been reported if any member of his family picked up his body? tia

RB's brothers knew he was like that. They just probably never thought he would kill. They probably wanted him to get some help for it. Maybe they didn't know where a person could turn for help. If RB wasn't taken to get some real help for his problem when the family first noticed the symptoms of him molesting young children, then the ball was dropped. Frankly, a lot of families don't know where to turn for that kind of help. Plus a lot of people don't have the insurance they need to get that kind of help anyway. Believe me psychiatric help is very expensive. RB being adopted, his family should have requested that he get health insurance at least until the age of 24 years. That is if he was adopted as a special needs situation from foster care.

How do you know his brothers or anybody else in the family knew RB was a pedophile?

I never read anything of the sort.

Personally, I think it would have been appropriate to have a friend of the family, attorney, or someone read a written statement from RB's family on Tuesday (when he confess) regarding the loss of Jorelys' life.

What was their reason this time for not attending the Tuesday court session? Has anyone found out if any family member visited him while in the Canton jail?

I don't think it's very often you hear from the family of the suspect releasing a statement. Especially during a situation like this that has gone from start to finish so fast. The family members of RB that did speak after the arrest did not believe their brother was the right suspect. They would not have had any idea what the evidence against RB was since the case never went to trial. I am going to guess they were as shocked as the rest of us with the guilty plea and the facts of the case that did come out. The family has had a lot to deal with in such a short time.

How do you know his brothers or anybody else in the family knew RB was a pedophile?

I never read anything of the sort.

I am pretty sure that was an opinion post, but considering that the GBI said Brunn had molested a family member, (during post confession PC), then at least ONE family member knows, even if only the victim. I think from that we can assume the victim's parents knew, and most likely at least ONE of RB's parents knew. At the very minimum, knew he was SUSPECTED OR ACCUSED. In my opinion, I do not think the brothers knew, maybe after his arrest when they were proclaiming his innocence and good character, the mother pulled them aside and told them about the one time aunt so and so thought he did so and so...pure speculation on my part, but SOMEONE WHO KNEW RB KNEW that he was a pedophile or molestor.

Has it been reported if any member of his family picked up his body? tia

Since they held a funeral service for him yesterday he would have had to be picked up by the family.

Yes, most of the child *advertiser censored* found on computers come from the Internet. Pictures of kids in a bathtub, or in their underwear, or even naked, are not considered child *advertiser censored* - the pictures have to be of a sexual nature....so those 700 pictures would have to be more than just pictures he swiped off someone's facebook page. I totally agree with you - if my daughter were still young, I would never have put her pics on facebook for public viewing. Too scary - especially when you are a member here!

Back to topic - was it ever determined who the pictures were of that were on RB's friends computer?

No, these pics this guy had were real *advertiser censored* pictures that he got from oveseas website, my husband said they were too graphic that he couldn't look at them and wouldnt look at them-its really hard to say what all the pictures contained.....

Since they held a funeral service for him yesterday he would have had to be picked up by the family.

the family does not pick the body up. The coroner would have released the body to the funeral home.

I did not know there was a funeral for him yesterday. Do you have a link so I can check it out. Thank you.

Never mind providing a link for the funeral information. I see that it was a FB post. I suppose it was true. jmo

Ya know, this may be unpopular and considered harsh, but the two that committed suicide on DEATH ROW saved the taxpayers some money. Ryan would have probably still been sitting on death row when he was 40.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back