GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the funeral is an open casket one, then no, they have the service first, then cremate. zzzzzzzzzzusually they fsmily doesnt have to buy a coffin, as it is just used for display during the funeral. Then the body is transferred to a different container for the cremation. JMO

Thanks. That is odd to me. I have never heard of that being done.

Wonder where it's being held...:waitasec:

IMO, RB showed sociopathic tendencies and was a pedophile and a sadist. Some of Jorelys injuries indicated he enjoyed abusing and torturing her before he smashed her face and skull by repeatedly beating her over the head with her own rollerskate. He planned her abduction, molestation and torture and, likely her death, ahead of time. He'd been looking forward to this, IMO, since he moved out on his own for the first time the month before.

He showed no emotion at his arrest or at his first hearing. When the evidence against him started coming back (plentiful physical evidence pointing directly at him) he decided to plead guilty. I believe, as some others do, that he planned to kill himself the moment he plead guilty. He's a coward, fearful of prison and his potential pain and suffering there. I think he also thought of it as a '*advertiser censored** you' to the world at large.

GRAPHICHe candidly and very matter of factly explained to a courtroom at large, the judge, and Jorelys mother how he lured her, molested her (well, he lied and said he didn't actually touch her, made her touch herself), slashed her throat (left out how he stabbed her in the chest and FACE), went to get garbage bags to dump her in, saw she still wasn't dead, so he beat her repeatedly over the head with her own roller skate. Then he dumped her in the garbage compactor and ran it again and again. He explained all this like he was describing how his first day at work went. His "I'm sorry" sounded as heartfelt as you'd say "Guzundheit" to a stranger on a bus.

IMO, you can't molest, torture and beat a seven year old girl to death and actually have a conscience. There are molesters who kill suddenly out of fear of getting caught. Many will smother or strangle the victim. Horrible, but quick and far less painless than what RB did. All indications are that molesting was only part of his pleasure. He enjoyed watching her suffer, he enjoyed her terror, he enjoyed inflicting pain. (Why stab someone repeatedly in the face?)

He's a sociopath (IMO) who doesn't feel empathy for other people. Therefore, he can't feel guilt. He only thinks in terms of himself. IMO, he was scared spitless of his future in max security prison. He wanted to check out on his own terms. And he wanted it over quickly. All of these things (fear, terror and a quick death) are things he took great joy in depriving from his victim.

Also, if he had a conscience, IMO, his guilt would have begun immediately. He wouldn't have gone shopping with friends, smoked pot and meth, watched football, pretended to help look for Jorelys, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah that weekend while everyone was looking for Jorelys. He'd have confessed or killed himself over that weekend. All my opinion here.

What we know about him ...
RB was a foster child who was adopted. We don't know exactly why and when he was given up and or adopted. His adoptive parents took in/adopted a BUNCH of foster kids all at one time, or close to it, and it looks like mom was living off the stipend checks and did not work. Mom supposedly homeschool, but RB 'dropped out' in the 10th grade. RB played football and basketball with a league for a few years before dropping out, but the coach said his parents never came to the games/practice. Coach said it was odd because homeschooled kids' parents are usually VERY involved.

They originally lived in NY but came to Georgia 'hoping things would get better.' We have no idea what was 'bad' in NY. They also lived in VA a few years ago, but there was a molestation allegation against RB in VA, a female child relative. Perhaps not so welcome in VA anymore after that.

Neighbors in Dahlonega have said they've called the cops on the Brunn boys a lot for smoking pot on their front porch, punching their own dog, domestic violence issues. There is a new allegation of child molestation against Brunn in Lumpkin county that came to light when the GBI went investigating.

Mom was receiving adoption stipends from NY through last year. Just declared bankruptcy the day RB killed Jorelys.

None of his siblings or parents (adoptive, step or birth) showed up at a single court hearing from what we can tell.

Did I leave anything out?

Good job Magdalyn. I can think of one other thing: his adoptive mother is estranged from her family in Queens, NY. Her father was interviewed and said it had been around 10 yrs since they spoke. This interview was right after Jorelys was killed and I cant remember the link, sorry.

If the funeral is an open casket one, then no, they have the service first, then cremate. Usually they fsmily doesnt have to buy a coffin, as it is just used for display during the funeral. Then the body is transferred to a different container for the cremation. JMO

I've heard of this being done.

I followed the Celina Cass case and there was a huge debate about caskets/open/closed/cremation,etc, all for what turned out to be journalistic misinformation. She was found a week after she was killed, but she'd been underwater all that time. The paper had said she was going to have a pink casket (she was 11 and it was her favorite color) and then be cremated. Some of us wondered why do the casket at all if she's so badly decomposed you can't have it open. Why not just cremate and then have the urn at the service. Turns out the paper had it wrong, anyway. They had her cremated and she had a pink urn. No casket.

But during that discussion, I learned people do all sorts of things!

One poster was a funeral director. I think she piped up on this thread when we realized Jorelys would be open casket (we knew her face had been badly damaged and that she'd been in a compactor) and she explained how they can make severe damage look less severe--anything to make things easier for the loved ones to say their goodbyes the way they need to.

Anyway, I think it's against health codes to put a body directly in a casket and then reuse the casket. I think some places do offer 'rental caskets' and I think they might work with a 'liner' casket on the inside of the rental casket....? (I've heard of the rentals but I'm guessing here on how they work.)

Also, there are such things as cremation caskets.

I have personally witnessed TV news trucks (including CNN) outside of a funeral. I wonder if the reporters know this is tomorrow.

My guess is it will be held at a funeral home versus a church.

I hope DMAM or daughter-in-law or grandson goes to the funeral and reports back on what was said. How does one euglogize a person like RB?

FOX 5’s Doug Evans has learned that while at the Cherokee County Jail, Brunn wore a paper-thin jumpsuit that tore easily and could not be used in a suicide attempt. He also slept on a mattress in a special cell so that he could not hurt himself. He was separated from the general population, but according to Cannon, showed no signs of suicidal tendencies. In fact, Cannon said Brunn had been given some special privileges toward the end of his stay at the Cherokee County Jail, like being allowed to use the telephone and walk around the facility some.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/ryan-brunn-suicide-jorelys-rivera-20120120-es

FOX 5’s Doug Evans has learned that while at the Cherokee County Jail, Brunn wore a paper-thin jumpsuit that tore easily and could not be used in a suicide attempt. He also slept on a mattress in a special cell so that he could not hurt himself. He was separated from the general population, but according to Cannon, showed no signs of suicidal tendencies. In fact, Cannon said Brunn had been given some special privileges toward the end of his stay at the Cherokee County Jail, like being allowed to use the telephone and walk around the facility some.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/ryan-brunn-suicide-jorelys-rivera-20120120-es

How nice that a child murderer gets special priveleges. WTF? :furious:

Soooo...what was used then?

Soooo...what was used then?

The paper thin jumpsuit they're talking about was at the Cherokee county jail before his guilty plea. He hung himself with his sweatshirt at the Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, Georgia.

If he got to use the phone at the Cherokee County jail, who did he talk with and did he tell the person he talked with he was going to commit suicide?

I wonder if the family will have someone read a statement to the media tomorrow. I wouldnt expect them to make a statement, BUT this would be a good time to have a friend read a statement. Do they have any compassion to Jorelys' family?

If he got to use the phone at the Cherokee County jail, who did he talk with and did he tell the person he talked with he was going to commit suicide?

I wonder if the family will have someone read a statement to the media tomorrow. I wouldnt expect them to make a statement, BUT this would be a good time to have a friend read a statement. Do they have any compassion to Jorelys' family?

Hey, yeah, that's another question I've had...how come we never got to see any of his phone calls/visits like we did Casey Anthony?

Thanks everybody for the posts, and Madalyn I hope I spell that right, you did a GREAT job! Jsyk :)

The only kind of statement I heard from Brunns family is his brother (foster or real idk) stating he was innocent at the beginning. I also agree, I think that he didn't kill himself out of grief, just because he was scared, and COWARD is the best word! I agree, no remorse on his face at the hearing, poor Jorelys mom, I felt so sorry for her my heart was breaking just looking at her! I just wonder why he picked her? If he had her picked out from the start or just saw her alone? That poor baby I can't imagine what she went through the last minutes of her life and that monster just wouldn't stop :( because he was afraid she'd tell on him! I think and this is jmo, he was a punk kid, who wasn't grown up enough. I mean I'm sure its not all like this but foster kids sometimes turn out really bad-in jail, my husband deals with them and you're right some "foster" parents just do it for the check! I just can't imagine RB having a good life growing up. And smoking Meth? Thats crazy!! I just wonder if his friends knew what he did? How can you go from molesting a child and then killing her, brutally-and go shopping?? I'm sorry, I have no remorse for him at all!

And I hope they don't cover his funeral-the media that is, we don't need to see anything about him-its about Jorely's family not RB right??

Btw I love posting on this site, you guys are so nice and very very educated on these certain posts :)

If a person is determined to kill themselves, they will eventually. How to keep someone on a suicide watch indefinitely? Make them go naked in a padded cell? Wouldn't that be a violation of rights if they are showing no signs? He was arrested on Dec 7, so he was on watch for almost 6 weeks - is that right?
I know someone who was on suicide watch at a mental institution who still managed to kill himself.

Thanks everybody for the posts, and Madalyn I hope I spell that right, you did a GREAT job! Jsyk :)

The only kind of statement I heard from Brunns family is his brother (foster or real idk) stating he was innocent at the beginning. I also agree, I think that he didn't kill himself out of grief, just because he was scared, and COWARD is the best word! I agree, no remorse on his face at the hearing, poor Jorelys mom, I felt so sorry for her my heart was breaking just looking at her! I just wonder why he picked her? If he had her picked out from the start or just saw her alone? That poor baby I can't imagine what she went through the last minutes of her life and that monster just wouldn't stop :( because he was afraid she'd tell on him! I think and this is jmo, he was a punk kid, who wasn't grown up enough. I mean I'm sure its not all like this but foster kids sometimes turn out really bad-in jail, my husband deals with them and you're right some "foster" parents just do it for the check! I just can't imagine RB having a good life growing up. And smoking Meth? Thats crazy!! I just wonder if his friends knew what he did? How can you go from molesting a child and then killing her, brutally-and go shopping?? I'm sorry, I have no remorse for him at all!

And I hope they don't cover his funeral-the media that is, we don't need to see anything about him-its about Jorely's family not RB right??

Btw I love posting on this site, you guys are so nice and very very educated on these certain posts :)

Bold & Red by me
1. He testified that he picked her because he had seen her rollerskating in the complex, and then found her rollerskate outside, he then took it, took a picture of it, and used the picture to lure her to the vacant. So in other words, he made an opportunity. It seems that he had been viewing child *advertiser censored* that same week (according to indictment) and had molested children in the past (according to GBI statement post-plea), so it seems that it wasn't that she was targeted for being her, just targeted because he snached a toy of hers that was left in an area from which he could grab it. Of the many reasons we all want our kids to bring the toys inside the house or garage, we all have another reason--a rapist molestor might grab it and use it to lure our children. Horrible!!
2. Do you mean the 'friends' he was with Friday night, smoking pot and or meth and going to Walmart? There was no mention that he confessed to them, or that that they were aware of it at the time. We have had the grandmother of the roomate post on fb about how he was supposedly freaking out and couldn't sleep, who knows if that was caused by nerves, guilt, or METH...My personal opinion is that they might have been suspicious enough to give police some info that made him stand out in those early days, he was questioned more than once Friday through Monday, he was then under surveilence on the Tuesday, and arrested on Wednesday. But no, I personally don't think there is any reason to believe he was bragging or sharing details with his friends.

I don't mind answering your questions at all, but a friendly sidenote..all of this and more is in the first 4 threads here, I am sure you would find quite a bit of information that would make much of it clearer. Next rainy day, check it all out...it was a fast moving case and is condensed compared to the cases with no arrests that have over 50 threads..

ugh with all the unexpected turns of events in this case, I will be glad to hear his funeral is done, no dramatics, surprises.

As far as how would the eulogy go, goodness....my best guess is a bunch of crap about forgiveness..I mean really, what else could they say? He will be remembered by a few silly teenagers on fb that think he is a cult hero or something, his family who probably loves some things about him, and the rest of the world that is thrilled to see him gone? I do feel bad for his family on SOME LEVEL, but not the ones that are smug online. The one. That one gets on every nerve I have. To be honest, I feel worse for them that he killed Jorelys that I do for them that he died. Sorry, I am being very honest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NazmiaWojo
Back