Found Deceased GA - Kamarie Holland, 5, Columbus, 12 Dec 2021 *2 Arrests, including mom*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing is mentioned here about whether or not the suspect had any personal connections to the girl and her family.

Suspect charged with capital murder in death of missing Georgia 5-year-old

COLUMBUS, Ga. — A 5-year-old girl from west Georgia reported missing has been found dead in Alabama.

Columbus police department issued a critical missing child alert for 5-year-old Kamarie Holland on Monday. Holland was last seen that morning near Bowman Street in Columbus. The Russell County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Channel 2′s ABC affiliate WTVM that Holland’s body was found in Alabama.

At a news conference Tuesday, investigators named Jeremy Williams as the suspect. He is charged with capital murder in Alabama, where the case will remain.

From that article:

The mother of little Kamarie Holland stopped by News Leader 9 to donate toys to the WTVM Annual Toy Drive to talk about her princess and the unbelievable hurt and pain she’s having to endure as she tries to process what happened to her.

“I’m Kamarie Holland’s mommy and she wouldn’t want nothing in the world but to donate her toys to another little child that was in need because she was a very helping child,” said Kristy Hoskins.

Do I read this right that she was already giving away her murdered daughter's toys?
Seems just to soon!

Moo, this is going to be exactly like Shaniya Davis. Exactly the same thing.

Indeed, Peppery, it does have similarity.
Shaniya was one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen, and her mother gave Shaniya to Mario McNeill in "payment" for drugs. Antoinette Davis is still in prison, serving her 17 to 21 year sentence. McNeill is still on NC's Death Row.

I don't have any knowledge whether Kamarie's mother had anything to do with this situation, however. We'll see.

I don't know or remember how long little Shaniya was "on loan" to McNeil, but that little angel never came back home. She was abused, killed, and found soon after McNeill got her, just as little Kamarie was.
Assuming that "captital offense" means the DP in Georgia, this case is indeed much like the McNeill case. Grrrrr.

Makes me want to go outside and just scream for both those beautiful and innocent little girls.

Last edited:
From that article:

The mother of little Kamarie Holland stopped by News Leader 9 to donate toys to the WTVM Annual Toy Drive to talk about her princess and the unbelievable hurt and pain she’s having to endure as she tries to process what happened to her.

“I’m Kamarie Holland’s mommy and she wouldn’t want nothing in the world but to donate her toys to another little child that was in need because she was a very helping child,” said Kristy Hoskins.

Do I read this right that she was already giving away her murdered daughter's toys?
That’s the way I read it.

Indeed, Peppery, it does have similarity.
Shaniya was one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen, and her mother gave Shaniya to Mario McNeill in "payment" for drugs. Antoinette Davis is still in prison, serving her 17 to 21 year sentence. McNeill is still on NC's Death Row.

I don't have any knowledge whether Kamarie's mother had anything to do with this situation, however. We'll see.

I don't know or remember how long little Shaniya was "on loan" to McNeil, but that little angel never came back home. She was abused, killed, and found soon after McNeill got her, just as little Kamarie was.
Assuming that "captital offense" means the DP in Georgia, this case is indeed much like the McNeill case. Grrrrr.

Makes me want to go outside and just scream for both those beautiful and innocent little girls.
This case is in Russell County, Alabama. That’s where Kamarie’s body was found. She was reported missing from her mothers home in Muscogee County, Georgia, approximately 6-7 miles away.

One of the articles I linked yesterday said Williams is facing either life without parole or the death penalty is convicted.

From that article:

It could be that she just couldn't bear to see them knowing Kamarie wouldn't be there to play with them. I don't know what I would do, especially with Christmas coming so soon. Maybe that's why she did it -- to donate them so that they can be given to needy children for Christmas. I doubt that she gave all of them away -- I prolly couldn't do that...

Last edited:
A little more information on his august 2021 arrest. I hadn’t heard that he is married.

In Muscogee County, Williams was arrested on Aug. 1, 2021 at his Columbus home. He was charged with two misdemeanors – Simple Battery, Family Violence and Cruelty to Children, 3rd degree.

A police report states that Williams slapped his wife in the face and it was witnessed by a minor child.
Williams was in State Court last week and entered a not guilty plea. His wife did not ask for a stay-away order.

Man accused in Kamarie Holland’s murder previously arrested in Muscogee County on charges of Simple Battery-Family Violence and Cruelty to Children-3rd degree | WRBL

Sound like good detective work -- they found her very quickly. How did they know to go there? Did mom give them some info on where to find him?

I'm just now getting on this thread, so please forgive if I am asking things that are already known...

The abandoned house where she was found is in fact, the suspect's own house (or, he was associated with that address at some point) - according to this article: Sheriff: Man charged with murder of 5-year-old girl in Alabama

I don't think we've been told yet exactly why LE zeroed in on him, only that he was known to the mother. But clearly they developed an inquiry into him first and then checked all places where he was known to go.

It could be that she just couldn't bear to see them knowing Kamarie wouldn't be there to play with them. I don't know what I would do, especially with Christmas coming so soon. Maybe that's why she did it -- to donate them so that they can be given to needy children for Christmas. I doubt that she gave all of them away -- I prolly couldn't do that...
Yes, it may be an innocent thing. My good friend who lost her 5 month old baby to Sids----she pretty quickly gave almost all of the baby toys and equipment to a battered women's shelter---mostly because it was too painful to see the crib and the high chair and the stuffed animals all over the apartment. :(

She did keep some things which she put in a cedar chest. Two years later when she had another pregnancy, she replaced the items.

Maybe? I hope that this was the reason, let's put it that way.

Yes, it may be an innocent thing. My good friend who lost her 5 month old baby to Sids----she pretty quickly gave almost all of the baby toys and equipment to a battered women's shelter---mostly because it was too painful to see the crib and the high chair and the stuffed animals all over the apartment. :(

She did keep some things which she put in a cedar chest. Two years later when she had another pregnancy, she replaced the items.

I can see going either way being normal depending on the person... either wanting to keep it all forever and never letting go, like people who keep their lost child's bedroom as it was when they went missing or died, forever ... or immediately wanting it all gone because the reminders are too painful and you don't want to see it sitting there not played with. I wouldn't personally rush to judge her giving away the toys on that alone. But we'll see how this all shakes out. It's an awful tragedy.

So the father had custody of Kamarie. Wonder how long she was at her mother's for before she went missing.

Hoskins says Kamarie’s father, Corey Holland, had custody of the child and they lived in Phenix City. Kamarie was at her mothers house when she went missing - something Hoskins says she had nothing to do with.

I’m a mommy. I did not have nothing to do with this,” said Hoskins. “She was my life. I lived for her daily. She was my only girl. I have 3 boys and her.”

‘She was my life’: Mother of slain 5-year-old girl speaks out

Last edited:
Nothing is mentioned here about whether or not the suspect had any personal connections to the girl and her family.

Suspect charged with capital murder in death of missing Georgia 5-year-old

COLUMBUS, Ga. — A 5-year-old girl from west Georgia reported missing has been found dead in Alabama.

Columbus police department issued a critical missing child alert for 5-year-old Kamarie Holland on Monday. Holland was last seen that morning near Bowman Street in Columbus. The Russell County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Channel 2′s ABC affiliate WTVM that Holland’s body was found in Alabama.

At a news conference Tuesday, investigators named Jeremy Williams as the suspect. He is charged with capital murder in Alabama, where the case will remain.

Other articles specify that the suspect was known to the mother:

Authorities say that Willams knew Holland’s mother, but did not describe the nature of the relationship.

Man who knew victim’s mom is arrested after missing 5-year-old found dead, Alabama officials say | CBS 17

SBBM
WRBL News 3 is digging deeper into the background of the man charged with Capital Murder in the death of a five-year-old Columbus girl. [snip] In the news conference, Taylor also mentioned that Williams was the suspect in the death of a one-year-old in Alaska. But he was never charged. WRBL is working to get more information about this case.
#
Good! Hopefully they'll be successful in their Alaskan dig and investigators in the AK case are paying attention to the GA case. Perhaps the evidence they need for charges will come to light during questioning. MOO

So the father had custody of Kamarie. Wonder how long she was at her mother's for before she went missing.

Hoskins says Kamarie’s father, Corey Holland, had custody of the child and they lived in Phenix City. Kamarie was at her mothers house when she went missing - something Hoskins says she had nothing to do with.

I’m a mommy. I did not have nothing to do with this,” said Hoskins. “She was my life. I lived for her daily. She was my only girl. I have 3 boys and her.”

‘She was my life’: Mother of slain 5-year-old girl speaks out

Didn’t Shaniya’s dad have custody of her too, before she lived with her mom?

just a similarity.

jmo.

To be fair, those toys were probably supposed to be her Christmas gifts, they're all still in the boxes and everything. Strange case either way. At least she isn't trying to sell them and is actually giving them away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back