Found Deceased GA - Kamarie Holland, 5, Columbus, 12 Dec 2021 *2 Arrests, including mom*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can see going either way being normal depending on the person... either wanting to keep it all forever and never letting go, like people who keep their lost child's bedroom as it was when they went missing or died, forever ... or immediately wanting it all gone because the reminders are too painful and you don't want to see it sitting there not played with. I wouldn't personally rush to judge her giving away the toys on that alone. But we'll see how this all shakes out. It's an awful tragedy.

It is an awful tragedy. But it just surprises me a little bit that she would have even been allowed to give things away so soon because as of yesterday this home was evidently still considered a crime scene - authorities were back processing the home for fingerprints, etc. AFTER the mom was donating toys. But, maybe communication between the mom and LE did not take place. I certainly agree that people grieve in different ways. One concern would be preservation of anything of evidentiary value that could have been in the home, since that's reportedly where she was abducted from.

Taylor said investigators spoke with the girl’s mother, Kristy Hoskins, and will likely speak to her again because “that’s just part of the investigation.”

He said Hoskins and Williams had a relationship that was not romantic in nature. The mother told investigators she went to bed around midnight, when her daughter was asleep, and woke up around 5:50 a.m. to find Kamarie gone and the front door ajar, he said.

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/crime/article256636136.html

Maybe? I hope that this was the reason, let's put it that way.
Personally I’d be so distraught that’s the last thing I’d think of. I couldn’t ‘pack up and deliver’ anything. Now in a week or so my friends could do some for me. But that’s me. I’m a giver but cling to memories of cherished toys. MOO

I agree that although some might not even be able to imagine donating the toys, for some others it might be the healthiest thing. What I find a little unusual is for the donating of the toys to be some kind of media event where a statement was made. That's attention seeking but some people grieve by trying to put out as much positive press for the deceased as possible, which this could be. Like those painted rocks for Faye Swetlik.

It could be just that the intersection of those two "not for everybody" expressions of grief seems off to a majority of people.

Nothing is mentioned here about whether or not the suspect had any personal connections to the girl and her family.

Suspect charged with capital murder in death of missing Georgia 5-year-old

COLUMBUS, Ga. — A 5-year-old girl from west Georgia reported missing has been found dead in Alabama.

Columbus police department issued a critical missing child alert for 5-year-old Kamarie Holland on Monday. Holland was last seen that morning near Bowman Street in Columbus. The Russell County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Channel 2′s ABC affiliate WTVM that Holland’s body was found in Alabama.

At a news conference Tuesday, investigators named Jeremy Williams as the suspect. He is charged with capital murder in Alabama, where the case will remain.
In later links upthread, it was disclosed that the POI is known to her mom but not a bf.

Rarely does mothers loose custody of several children with different men with only visitation granted. It’s statistically not that likely unless there’s grave concerns for the child’s well being living with their mother. Like massive substance abuse, violence or dangerous environment.
The interview with the mother seemed a bit off. I’m trying to comprehend donating my daughters toys a few days after her murder, then doing an interview while being there. It seems a bit hasty, doesn’t it? I’m assuming she wants to do good, so I’m hoping it makes her feel a tiny bit better.
On a side note:

Linguistically speaking, when someone’s lying, they’ll often try to say the same things many times, trying to persuade- they’ll also try to over do the sentences as to make it sound more truthful. I could be that she feels some sort of guilt and knows she was not the mother she wanted - and says - she was

Taylor said investigators spoke with the girl’s mother, Kristy Hoskins, and will likely speak to her again because “that’s just part of the investigation.”

He said Hoskins and Williams had a relationship that was not romantic in nature. The mother told investigators she went to bed around midnight, when her daughter was asleep, and woke up around 5:50 a.m. to find Kamarie gone and the front door ajar, he said.

BBM: OMG, very same story for Haleigh Cummings case.

I'm curious whether there were other people staying in the house the night that Kamarie went missing or if it was just Kamarie and her mom home that night. There are siblings according to the video interview linked upthread.

I'm curious whether there were other people staying in the house the night that Kamarie went missing or if it was just Kamarie and her mom home that night. There are siblings according to the video interview linked upthread.
Yes that would be an interesting question to have the answer to. Why did she only have one child staying the night? If indeed that was the case.

I suspect if both the children stayed over then that would've probably been mentioned in the interview.

I wonder if this was in fact an arranged visitation or an impromptu request from her mother.

I am not surprised by the search of the mother's home. Whatever the relationship with Williams, be it friend, acquaintance, boyfriend, whatever, Kamarie was allegedly removed from that home by him. So it would make sense to me that the home is one of several crime scenes. I am more surprised that it took this long for them to be processing that scene.

I am waiting for LE to give me some sort of indication what that crime scene has told them about the events behind Kamarie's removal from that home and if this search will lead to other charges to other individuals.

Holding my tongue til then.

A day after 5-year-old Kamarie Holland’s mother donated her daughter’s Christmas presents to WTVM’s Toy Drive and FBI agents began searching the mother’s home, the community still has questions.

“It’s nice what she did, but if she had something to do with it, she needs to be bought to justice,” said Ingram.

[snip]

Online documents from the Muscogee County Clerk’s office indicate Williams was arrested back in August for misdemeanor charges of family violence and cruelty to children. The trial surrounding those charges began last week.

[snip]

However, that’s not the only open case that pops up under Williams’ name. He was also arrested for possession and use of drug related objects in November.

The hearing surrounding that charge will be held at Columbus Recorder’s Court on the 28th at 9 a.m.

Community reacts to murder of 5-year-old girl

Taylor said investigators spoke with the girl’s mother, Kristy Hoskins, and will likely speak to her again because “that’s just part of the investigation.” He said Hoskins and Williams had a relationship that was not romantic in nature. The mother told investigators she went to bed around midnight, when her daughter was asleep, and woke up around 5:50 a.m. to find Kamarie gone and the front door ajar, he said.

[snip]

Kamarie’s funeral will be 11 a.m. EST, Dec. 22 in the C.T. Chapel of Taylor Funeral Home, 1514 Fifth Ave., Phenix City, with Pastor T. Brian Hill officiating, according to the funeral home. Visitation will be there Dec. 21, from 3-5 p.m.

Read more at: https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/crime/article256636136.html#storylink=cpy

SO far I haven't located a way to access the court docket without having to purchase records for a by search fee. I'm not willing to pay $9.99 every time I want to check the docket on this case.

Sounds like she had her son there also. Drugs also sound involved.

According to the father, his three-year-old, who has the same mother as Kamarie -Kristi Hoskins- was taken from him right after his daughter’s death.

He says he allowed the children to visit their mother, who has not supposed to have the kids without supervision.

“We believe that the mother and the offender did have a relationship not from a dating perspective but did know each other,” said Lee County Sheriff Heath Taylor in an earlier press conference.

Holland adds, the kids’ mother, who has a history of drug abuse, only had the kids less than 24 hours before Kamarie was taken by 37-year-old Williams.

EXCLUSIVE: Father of Kamarie Holland speaks out

I'm really worried about the little 3 year old that they let go back to the father. She wasn't supposed to have them without supervision and he let them go with the mother.

EXCLUSIVE: Father of Kamarie Holland speaks out

IMO once child protective services gets involved in a situation like this where the child was credibly removed but returned after a hearing, there will now be an open case on the father where he will be followed by child protective services for a period of time to make sure the home environment is safe for the child. Or, that's how it's supposed to work - we all know that there are a significant number of cases that fall between the cracks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back