GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has disturbed me so much and I hope whoever did it is caught. Locals have reported that dogs have been poisoned at the Piedmont park dog park water bowls. Someone apparently placed a strong, commercial grade bleach in the water bowls recently. So scary

Attachments

• 6A3A8ECD-169B-438A-BEDB-52574832584F.jpeg
    6A3A8ECD-169B-438A-BEDB-52574832584F.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 45
I agree GeoriaPeach. I don't think there is any question Katie did NOT enter at Charles Allen, or she would have been caught on the camera. I suspect she and Bowie entered the park at the southwest corner, off of 10th, or on the west side at one of those two small streets between the buildings. Then she and Bowie walked east along the path or in the grass. I imagine Bowie would have preferred to walk in the soft grass at this point. They walked towards Charles Allen gate, either to exit there and go home, or turn around and go back to meet EC. I think the killer was just laying in wait there. Or perhaps the killer saw them enter the park and followed. However, I think the killer might have attacked them sooner and in a less travelled area then where he did.

That’s a great point. The killer probably did initially attack her somewhere else in the park and eventually drug her body under the tree for more privacy. I wonder if the jogger, that entered around 12:46 am, saw something that didn’t quite look right and that’s why he made a quick exit. I firmly believe KJ had already been attacked by 12:46am and was more than likely already dead.

Piedmont Park is full of homeless/transient people in the daytime and night time. If I went there right now I’d probably see several people asleep on benches. It’s common. I say that to say, if the person who committed this attack was homeless, they probably had a bag full of items/clothes/blankets. If their clothes were soaked with blood but they wrapped a blanket around themselves to conceal it on their way out of the park, nobody would think it was odd even in the summer. A lot of them will walk around with blankets on when it’s 90 degrees outside. Sometimes people will avoid making eye contact with homeless people to avoid being asked for money. I think it would be very easy for someone that looked homeless to leave the park that night without getting much attention.

I don’t think this was a planned attack. I think she ran into a psychopath that had the urge to kill. I think the killer was very familiar and comfortable with the park at night. The scary part is, if this was indeed a random crime, the killer will probably do it again.

Some people hear demons and can function like “normal” people until they get that urge. There was a case on the First 48 called “blood lust”. It was about a young man in Atlanta who was going around randomly killing homeless people at night. During the day, he would go to work at a restaurant. He even wanted to be an actor. He said he would hear a voice in his head that told him to kill people. He even randomly killed a lady in downtown Decatur just because.

Noting, fwiw.
This 6'6'' man was also brutally murdered in a large, popular and generally safe park, his body was left at a well-lit walkway near the entrance. Like KJ, the man was a well-liked person who enjoyed walks in the park and apparently had no known enemies.
LE strongly suggested people in the area should be very cautious, wondering if there is still a similar sentiment in this case? imo, speculation.

MA - Cambridge, Jan. 2, 2019; Paul Wilson beaten to death in a park *reward*
Warning by LE @1:00

Re post
The autopsy report for the woman killed in Piedmont Park in July has been released. Katherine "Katie" Janness was stabbed more than 50 times. https://bit.ly/3wDSWy4

Noting, fwiw.
This 6'6'' man was also brutally murdered in a large, popular and generally safe park, his body was left at a well-lit walkway near the entrance. Like KJ, the man was a well-liked person who enjoyed walks in the park and apparently had no known enemies.
LE strongly suggested people in the area should be very cautious, wondering if there is still a similar sentiment in this case? imo, speculation.

MA - Cambridge, Jan. 2, 2019; Paul Wilson beaten to death in a park *reward*
Warning by LE @1:00

Re post
The autopsy report for the woman killed in Piedmont Park in July has been released. Katherine "Katie" Janness was stabbed more than 50 times. https://bit.ly/3wDSWy4
Both parks have dog parks and are popular with those who own and walk dogs. However, it doesn't appear that PW had a dog. His death was from blunt force tramas to the head, no knives appeared to be involved in PW's death. (Just summarizing a bit.)

Just keeping this going…

I’ve been reading a lot on Twitter and FB. There sure is a lot of cryptic talk. This is what fascinates me about KJ’s case. It seems like there is one person in particular on FB that seems to have “solved” the case. I forgot his name, he started a group even regarding Katie. Does anyone else read this crazy stuff? What is your opinion on him? (I don’t want to link him because he stresses me out). Just search and you’ll see it. He claims to know who did this within 5 minutes.

Just keeping this going…

I’ve been reading a lot on Twitter and FB. There sure is a lot of cryptic talk. This is what fascinates me about KJ’s case. It seems like there is one person in particular on FB that seems to have “solved” the case. I forgot his name, he started a group even regarding Katie. Does anyone else read this crazy stuff? What is your opinion on him? (I don’t want to link him because he stresses me out). Just search and you’ll see it. He claims to know who did this within 5 minutes.

I know the person you are referring to. But I also saw where he was asked a bunch of questions and he didn't answer any of them. I think he's into conspiracy theories and this is just another theory for him.

Just keeping this going…

Who does this person think committed the crime?

I know the person you are referring to. But I also saw where he was asked a bunch of questions and he didn't answer any of them. I think he's into conspiracy theories and this is just another theory for him.
I saw one FB account about Katie and Bowie, but the content was very biased and replies were insulting/abusing anyone who questioned their opinion. That’s why I like Websleuths— excellent moderators and intelligent posters! BTW, happy new year to all on this thread! Let’s hope 2022 brings justice for Katie and Bowie!

When asked, he only talked in circles or evaded the question saying "That's not how homicide investigations work..."
Yeah, he kept initiating he knows, but never revealed who. I think I know who he is referring to…..but he will not reveal because he claims he will “get sued.” He is either slightly loopy, or he is right. We will know at some point I guess.

All I know is that I really want this solved. This story just haunts me. I just cannot stop thinking up scenarios. Maybe it’s because I’m from ATL and I know the park well and I know the area so well. I’ve never felt unsafe there.

I also wanted to add, do you think ADP is dragging their feet because they really don’t have a suspect, or are they working their butts off building a case? Their silence irks me. Lol

Yeah, he kept initiating he knows, but never revealed who. I think I know who he is referring to…..but he will not reveal because he claims he will “get sued.” He is either slightly loopy, or he is right. We will know at some point I guess.

All I know is that I really want this solved. This story just haunts me. I just cannot stop thinking up scenarios. Maybe it’s because I’m from ATL and I know the park well and I know the area so well. I’ve never felt unsafe there.

I also wanted to add, do you think ADP is dragging their feet because they really don’t have a suspect, or are they working their butts off building a case? Their silence irks me. Lol
It is a very odd case. That someone could do this in a public park, just near a main entrance, with a pit bull, and still slip away. I have a lot of different scenarios in my head. Police either have a suspect and just not have the evidence right now, or they have no idea. The later is a scary scenario.

It is a very odd case. That someone could do this in a public park, just near a main entrance, with a pit bull, and still slip away. I have a lot of different scenarios in my head. Police either have a suspect and just not have the evidence right now, or they have no idea. The later is a scary scenario.
That’s what I’m saying. Like…..it’s one or the other. The part that scares me is if it’s a random attack. If it was someone close to her, well then she was targeted and they’re probably not going to kill other people. At least not right now. Lol. But a random psycho, that’s scary as heck…

Re post

I find it odd that she had so many old scars on her upper body. It doesn't make sense. Some of the scars were 3 inches long. Was she in a lot of fights with someone?

Also, many of the knife wounds were shallow - less than 1/2 inch deep. It seems to me she was stabbed by a woman.

It wasn't random. It was a crime of passion. Maybe someone close to her is the killer.
I 100% agree with you. I think it was someone close to her as well.
Also, I just watched a press conference. LE said they are getting close. They have biological evidence, physical evidence and also electronic evidence.

I find it odd that she had so many old scars on her upper body. It doesn't make sense. Some of the scars were 3 inches long. Was she in a lot of fights with someone?

Also, many of the knife wounds were shallow - less than 1/2 inch deep. It seems to me she was stabbed by a woman.
One of the podcasts that has years and years of autopsy and LE experience said lots of the wounds were cuts, not stabs…like slashes.

Over 50 wounds, most were incised. I believe that means like an incision or cut. The deep stab type wounds IMO were very precise. The horizontal line in the 'A', the lower back to the cleft, the verticle midline from below the sternum to the lower abdomen, back to the lung, back to the heart & the neck wounds. Just speculating that this was not a frenzied, disorganized attack by someone inexperienced with a knife. Just horrible & evil cold-blooded animal.
The 4 minute press conference earlier today by the Deputy Chief & the Homicide Commander sounded very positive to me. There was no 'we have no idea' or 'no one has been eliminated ' type comments. It appears Atl PD has alot of pieces to this odd case they just have to put them all together. Hopefully very, very soon.
JMHO.

Last edited:
Atlanta police say probe into Katie Janness murder moving in 'right direction' | Fox News
''Police Deputy Chief Charles Hampton Jr., said the case was "very active" and that detectives were meeting regularly with the FBI and working leads that come in almost weekly.

"We are getting close, in my opinion," he said. "We have not deemed this a cold case because we continue to work leads."

Homicide Commander Ralph Woolfolk said investigators were still assessing biological, physical and electronic evidence.

"We do believe that this investigation is moving in the right direction," he said. "We look forward to where the pieces of the puzzle are being put together as it pertains to this case."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95