GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation, imo.
Did i understand correctly that the cuts to the eyes and face were vertical?
If so, a cat comes to mind, as in a cray cray killer who identifies with a film such as "Cat People".
A woman is stalked by a jealous (Cat) woman as she leaves a restaurant and walks by a park on her way home. Other scenes where the human/cats attack are brutal.
11 Hair-Raising Facts About <em>Cat People</em>
Hmmm..especially the end of the article. It totally amazes me how you find these things. Didn't KJ have a cat? I really wish we knew what the tattoo on her back was.

Before everyone thinks i have completely lost my mind regarding ''cat people'' a fairly recent case involving men who went missing in the Toronto gay community might explain where i was going with that speculation.
Turns out most of the men who went missing and whose body parts subsequently ended up in garden planters (Honey pots), were into being ''bears'', just like the friendly serial killer who lured and then murdered them.
Assuming then, that not all "Furries"are gentle fun-loving people/critters, maybe there is at least one who fancies themselves a cat, of the leopard variety...
fwiw, imo, speculation.

I have seen a photo with Katie and a cat. I will attach the photograph, and it is from a media site (EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman found slain in Piedmont Park pleads for APD to clear her name.)
Also, I notice there is whale tattoo on her upper right shoulder. There appears to be a little star tattoo on her left hand (Woman, 40, and her dog stabbed to death in Atlanta park | Daily Mail Online.) On her upper left shoulder, it looks like some type of bird tattoo (this image is cited from EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman found slain in Piedmont Park pleads for APD to clear her name by Google, but I didn't see it directly on the site, only through a Google search.) I am reading very carefully through the autopsy, trying to discern if any of the other tattoos were directly targeted, but from what I am reading, it appears that the multi-colored tattoo is the only one mentioned in the autopsy. "At least 14 sharp force injuries span the lower back in the region of a multicolored tattoo. These injuries range from 5/8” to 1/16” to 5 x 1/2” covering an 8-3/4” x 5 1/8” area. Some wounds are separated by intact skin segments with communication in the subcutaneous tissue. These wounds are 21-3/4” to 26-1/4” from the top of the head, 4-1/4” right of the posterior midline to 4-1/2” left of the posterior midline, and are 3/16” to 3/4” in depth" (p. 7 from the autopsy report https://static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2021/11/Katie-Janness-Autopsy.pdf.) By multi-color, I am thinking that is rainbow. With its association with the gay rights community, I am thinking someone wanted Katie's identity erased. There is a massive amount of hatred involved in doing that. I wonder if cuts were made and how many were made into the other tattoos? These thoughts are my speculation and completely MOO.

Attachments

• catKJ.png
    catKJ.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 63
  • whaleandstartattoos.png
    whaleandstartattoos.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 61
  • birdtattooleftshoulder.png
    birdtattooleftshoulder.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 56
I have seen a photo with Katie and a cat. I will attach the photograph, and it is from a media site (EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman found slain in Piedmont Park pleads for APD to clear her name.)
Also, I notice there is whale tattoo on her upper right shoulder. There appears to be a little star tattoo on her left hand (Woman, 40, and her dog stabbed to death in Atlanta park | Daily Mail Online.) On her upper left shoulder, it looks like some type of bird tattoo (this image is cited from EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman found slain in Piedmont Park pleads for APD to clear her name by Google, but I didn't see it directly on the site, only through a Google search.) I am reading very carefully through the autopsy, trying to discern if any of the other tattoos were directly targeted, but from what I am reading, it appears that the multi-colored tattoo is the only one mentioned in the autopsy. "At least 14 sharp force injuries span the lower back in the region of a multicolored tattoo. These injuries range from 5/8” to 1/16” to 5 x 1/2” covering an 8-3/4” x 5 1/8” area. Some wounds are separated by intact skin segments with communication in the subcutaneous tissue. These wounds are 21-3/4” to 26-1/4” from the top of the head, 4-1/4” right of the posterior midline to 4-1/2” left of the posterior midline, and are 3/16” to 3/4” in depth" (p. 7 from the autopsy report https://static.fox5atlanta.com/www.fox5atlanta.com/content/uploads/2021/11/Katie-Janness-Autopsy.pdf.) By multi-color, I am thinking that is rainbow. With its association with the gay rights community, I am thinking someone wanted Katie's identity erased. There is a massive amount of hatred involved in doing that. I wonder if cuts were made and how many were made into the other tattoos? These thoughts are my speculation and completely MOO.
Welcome to Ws msfrisk, thank you for the informative post!

I'm so confused. lmao
<modsnip> There are tons of resources and informative statistics to access regarding methodology and profiling of killers on the internet. I know this killing of Katie Janness doesn't make sense to those of us that do not possess the psychopathy to murder <modsnip>. A woman was annihilated and no one has been charged. According to Joseph Scott Morgan the linear cuts KJ face could mean "if i cant have you, no one will"
Happy Holidays everyone! Stay Safe
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so confused. lmao
<modsnip> There are tons of resources and informative statistics to access regarding methodology and profiling of killers on the internet. I know this killing of Katie Janness doesn't make sense to those of us that do not possess the psychopathy to murder <modsnip>. A woman was annihilated and no one has been charged. According to Joseph Scott Morgan the linear cuts KJ face could mean "if i cant have you, no one will"
This! I completely agree.
I think the theories in this thread are thoughtful, but perhaps we are spiraling into something more complicated? I think this murder is very simple. Probably more simple than we are all making it out to be.

I'm so confused. lmao
Also have to agree that this was either revenge for something that happened (that the public doesn’t know about) or there was a person out that that was jealous and infatuated….they couldn’t have her….so they took their rage out. I still believe this was a very personal killing. I don’t agree with all of these Jack the Ripper comparisons. This was not random.
Also, coming from someone who personally knows the lesbian/gay scene in midtown ATL, there are a ton of scary people in this scene. Dangerous and vengeful.

Also have to agree that this was either revenge for something that happened (that the public doesn’t know about) or there was a person out that that was jealous and infatuated….they couldn’t have her….so they took their rage out. I still believe this was a very personal killing. I don’t agree with all of these Jack the Ripper comparisons. This was not random.
Also, coming from someone who personally knows the lesbian/gay scene in midtown ATL, there are a ton of scary people in this scene. Dangerous and vengeful.
The injuries were JTR compared not the motive. The sheer number of coincidences around this case is stunning. i agree with the jealousy and infatuation-rage theory you propose. Def not random. Be careful on the scene and you must know that Atlanta/Midtown is a gay friendly welcoming community where you are generally safe and indeed supported!

The FBI was called in immediately, surely something a little more complicated going on ?...
As interest and attention fades, a variety of opinions/theories can help keep a thread active.
Trying as best i can in this small way to help keep the victim in the public eye and am appreciative of all the polite and kind posters (and fine mods) who have contributed to this 46 page thread and the two preceeding it.

Last edited:
This thread has been going on almost 5 mos now. Alot of links to profiling, podcasts related to MO, type of crime, MSM stories & even a tarot card reader can be found in threads 1 & 2.
IMO, no one knew where KJ would be that night. There wasn't much, if any, advance notice that EC would be at work (stated in MSM interview normally off on Tues.), nor that she would have to work 1-2 hrs later than usual that night. No one knew when & where KJ would walk Bowie as she had no set schedule or places she would go. Speculating that the only way someone who knew her killed her would mean they would of had to follow her around approximately 1 hr (11:15-12:15) before attacking. She lived in Midtown for 12 yrs & she was intelligent. JMO but I think she would have noticed someone following her around from apt to Henry's to Piedmont & 10th to CA & 10th. KJ's phone & keys were recovered from the CS. LE most likely checked all calls, texts, etc. & would have knowledge of anyone she communicated with.
This person had to be incredibly overpowering to her. The wound described by JSM to the middle of her torso, the killer would of had to restrain, unbuckle the belt, unfasten jeans & pull down to the knees. That suggests to me a very large/tall insanely strong person.
JMOO.
EXCLUSIVE: Full interview with partner of Katie Janness

EBM to add MSM interview link

Last edited:
The FBI was called in immediately, surely something a little more complicated going on ?...
As interest and attention fades, a variety of opinions/theories can help keep a thread active.
Trying as best i can in this small way to help keep the victim in the public eye and am appreciative of all the polite and kind posters (and fine mods) who have contributed to this 46 page thread and the two preceeding it.
Organized & disorganized/nonsocial & asocial lust killing profile protocol used by the FBI.
The Lust Murderer: Asocial vs. Nonsocial

This person had to be incredibly overpowering to her. The wound described by JSM to the middle of her torso, the killer would of had to restrain, unbuckle the belt, unfasten jeans & pull down to the knees. That suggests to me a very large/tall insanely strong person.
JMOO.
rsbm

Or, somebody on a drug and/or adrenaline induced high. Whatever motivated this killer to do the things he/she/they did, likely gave them an intense rush during the commission of the crime. A powerful combination when a weapon is in the mix. Absolutely terrifying.

Last edited:
This thread has been going on almost 5 mos now. Alot of links to profiling, podcasts related to MO, type of crime, MSM stories & even a tarot card reader can be found in threads 1 & 2.
IMO, no one knew where KJ would be that night. There wasn't much, if any, advance notice that EC would be at work (stated in MSM interview normally off on Tues.), nor that she would have to work 1-2 hrs later than usual that night. No one knew when & where KJ would walk Bowie as she had no set schedule or places she would go. Speculating that the only way someone who knew her killed her would mean they would of had to follow her around approximately 1 hr (11:15-12:15) before attacking. She lived in Midtown for 12 yrs & she was intelligent. JMO but I think she would have noticed someone following her around from apt to Henry's to Piedmont & 10th to CA & 10th. KJ's phone & keys were recovered from the CS. LE most likely checked all calls, texts, etc. & would have knowledge of anyone she communicated with.
JMOO.

Pants were not unbuttoned and belt was not unbuckled per medical examiner.

rsbm

Or, somebody on a drug and/or adrenaline induced high. Whatever motivated this killer to do the things he/she/they did, likely gave them an intense rush during the commission of the crime. A powerful combination when a weapon is in the mix. Absolutely terrifying.
BBM

I think a drug-induced psychosis is a real possibility. There is a new kind of meth in this country that causes severe mental illness that can lead to violence.

‘I Don’t Know That I Would Even Call It Meth Anymore’
P2P-meth use was quickly causing steep deterioration in mental health. The symptoms were always similar: violent paranoia, hallucinations, conspiracy theories, isolation, massive memory loss, jumbled speech. Methamphetamine is a neurotoxin—it damages the brain no matter how it is derived. But P2P meth seems to create a higher order of cerebral catastrophe. “I don’t know that I would even call it meth anymore,” Ken Vick, the director of a drug-treatment center in Kansas City, Missouri, told me. Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are afflictions that begin in the young. Now people in their 30s and 40s with no prior history of mental illness seemed to be going mad.
BBM

Similar info if The Atlantic is behind a paywall.
The formulation of meth has changed. It may be contributing to this country’s mental health crisis.

A main premise of these articles is that this new kind of meth has contributed to the rise of homeless “tent cities.” If her murder was by a meth user, it’s possible that KJ’s killer lives like this and would be difficult to track down. Just a thought.

QUOTE="Lissie11, post: 17354758, member: 299140"]Pants were not unbuttoned and belt was not unbuckled per medical examiner.[/QUOTE]
I'm not finding this description in the autopsy report. Just this info on pg 3.
Pg cropped to remove graphic descriptions of victim.
Katherine.Janness.autopsy.pg3-1.png

JMOO.

Lately I’ve been wondering how many people knew Katie was leaving town the next day. And how many people knew EC was working that night. IMO. But I’m still on the fence if it was a random attack or not.

Lately I’ve been wondering how many people knew Katie was leaving town the next day. And how many people knew EC was working that night. IMO. But I’m still on the fence if it was a random attack or not.
Those are good questions. Personally, I haven’t really ruled anything out. I am really on the fence as ti whether this was a random or stranger attach or whether it was targeted.

<modsnip: Removed hearsay/rumor>

In my opinion, KJ was walking through the park and heading towards the Charles Allen exit. I don’t think she was entering at the Charles Allen gate. IMO, she was probably about to exit the park at that entrance and continue her walk towards their apartment. If they lived on Ponce/north avenue, Charles Allen would go all the way to Ponce. Once she got to Ponce, it would be a right turn and those apartments are maybe a block away. Also, we have to remember that KJ’s phone was traceable. EC found her by tracking her phone so it’s really no way to tell who else may have had access to her iPhone account. All it takes is a simple log in to a website and you can track an iPhone. So even though she didn’t have a set path that she walked, if someone was tracking her phone, they would know exactly where she was at, all the time.

I agree GeoriaPeach. I don't think there is any question Katie did NOT enter at Charles Allen, or she would have been caught on the camera. I suspect she and Bowie entered the park at the southwest corner, off of 10th, or on the west side at one of those two small streets between the buildings. Then she and Bowie walked east along the path or in the grass. I imagine Bowie would have preferred to walk in the soft grass at this point. They walked towards Charles Allen gate, either to exit there and go home, or turn around and go back to meet EC. I think the killer was just laying in wait there. Or perhaps the killer saw them enter the park and followed. However, I think the killer might have attacked them sooner and in a less travelled area then where he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95