GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re post.
Full Autopsy report @Link GRAPHIC
Jan 4 2022
'We are getting close': Atlanta police say Piedmont Park murder investigation still 'very active' (fox5atlanta.com)
''Hampton Jr. said they are receiving leads on a weekly basis and meeting regularly with the FBI.

"We are getting close in, my opinion," Hampton Jr. said.

Homicide Commander Ralph Woolfolk said investigators are still assessing biological, physical and electronic evidence.

"We do believe this investigation is moving in the right direction," Woolfolk said.

Police ask the public to continue to report leads to Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS.''

From the autopsy report: "3. A blue-black plastic wireless earbud is adjacent to the right ear."

IMO, this indicates she may have been listening to music at the time of the attack. Listening to music via earbuds would have masked the approach of the attacker and made her much more vulnerable. May she rest in peace and may her murderer be arrested soon.

I never wear earbuds in public, for the exact reason that they can isolate one from their surroundings.

Can we talk about the theatrics by the media in this case? Look at this guy with his top hat and outfit!

"Our likely suspect isn't going to dry and run..." out of $ ?

It's all so very odd. I do love any update, kindly.

Look at what guy with his top hat and outfit? You attach no photo or article with a photo, so I have no idea what you are referring to.

The most recent news story is odd. He’s a former prosecutor and I did not get the impression that he has talked to anyone from apd about the case. APD hasn’t released anything about Bowies behavior or if he tried to protect KJ or not. I think the article title is misleading because it makes the viewer think this former prosecutor is speaking about evidence that he is privy to. He’s just speculating like the rest of us. Hopefully apd resolves the case sooner than later.

The most recent news story is odd. He’s a former prosecutor and I did not get the impression that he has talked to anyone from apd about the case. APD hasn’t released anything about Bowies behavior or if he tried to protect KJ or not. I think the article title is misleading because it makes the viewer think this former prosecutor is speaking about evidence that he is privy to. He’s just speculating like the rest of us. Hopefully apd resolves the case sooner than later.
I totally agree!

I am with you... I kinda assumed she was dead or dying when the words were carved, but I didn't get that from the autopsy. IMO I'm not sure how a former prosecutor would know that either. And couldn't Bowie have been killed with a stab wound while jumping up to attack a stranger? Just raising the question. I'm still struggling with the theory that she knew her attacker.

The autopsy reveals the info you are looking for. Post mortem wounds vs hemorrhagic is the terminology. This is really a classic case of overkill. As much as we would like to think that there is a madman on the loose to reconcile the violence, statistically it was someone she knew or loved.

Can we talk about the theatrics by the media in this case? Look at this guy with his top hat and outfit!

"Our likely suspect isn't going to dry and run..." out of $ ?

It's all so very odd. I do love any update, kindly.

I don’t get it.

The news person is neatly and respectfully dressed to report on a horrific crime.

He said the likely suspect isn’t going “to try and run” carrying on the FBI guy’s stance it’s someone with strong ties to the community.

As previously posted I don’t agree that a house dog’s behavior in a blitz attack means the perp is known to the dog.

I maintain that a well socialized dog who has never been trained in protection cannot and should not be blamed for being as surprised as the human victim. Bowie is a victim. Even a nippy dog can be flummoxed by unexpected circumstances, imo.

In such situations, the question being asked is usually not whether an animal can learn, or be trained, to solve a particular problem, but whether it does so spontaneously, on first encountering the problem—that is to say, whether its ordinary cognitive capacities, as refined by everyday experience under normal rearing conditions, give it the ability to “see” a solution immediately.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/s13420-018-0349-7

That 666 may be good news:

<….in numerology, seeing 666 is viewed as a favorable sign.>

Angel Number 666: An Evil Sign Or A Lucky Break? - Numerology Nation

All imo

Katie walked Bowie around town every night. This is a city. So I am sure Bowie was very comfortable around strangers. Someone, a stranger, could have walked up to Katie and Bowie that night without Bowie having any problem. And a determined killer could have attacked Bowie first, and with a bat or hammer, that attack could have been over in one second. I don't think the fact that someone walked up to them is any indication that the killer was known to them.

Last edited:
Here is a MSM interview with a woman EC, characterized as a "long time partner" of the victim. EC is the person who found the victims body. In the interview, EC is asking the Atlanta Police Department to publicly clear her as a suspect in this case--saying that many people think she did it.

Now, the Atlanta Police believe the victim was killed by someone she knew, based on the total "overkill" of the victim, and because the pit bull dog apparently did not try to defend the victim.

This is just my opinion, but I have seen plenty of murder cases in which the person who discovered the body was actually the murderer. I agree that Atlanta Policy should either say that EC is not suspected of the crime or that she is a person of interest.

It seems to me that LE publicly clearing people before the killer is caught and questioned would be irresponsible. Without identifying the killer and the motive, LE cannot clear anyone. Why would they jeopardize the case like that? Jmo.

Last edited:
Here is a MSM interview with a woman EC, characterized as a "long time partner" of the victim. EC is the person who found the victims body. In the interview, EC is asking the Atlanta Police Department to publicly clear her as a suspect in this case--saying that many people think she did it.

Now, the Atlanta Police believe the victim was killed by someone she knew, based on the total "overkill" of the victim, and because the pit bull dog apparently did not try to defend the victim.

This is just my opinion, but I have seen plenty of murder cases in which the person who discovered the body was actually the murderer. I agree that Atlanta Policy should either say that EC is not suspected of the crime or that she is a person of interest.
I have not seen or heard of Atl PD commenting that the victim knew her killer. They have not ruled anything out. EC was working & I am sure co-workers, possibly customers, have been interviewed by LE as to what time she left work, etc. Surely Henry's Tavern has some type of working times accounting. Also she was riding a bicycle when she did leave work & when she was looking for KJ. I am sure she was caught on several cameras, especially the one at 10th & Piedmont, with time stamps. Her red bike was laying in the middle of the crime scene. Given the amount of time she was detained (for lack of a better term) by LE that morning, I would speculate she was ruled out as a suspect early on in the investigation. I would also speculate that whoever killed KJ & Bowie would not have fared well sitting in the back of a LE vehicle for several hrs at the crime scene & then questioned for several more hrs at a precinct. If for some reason she did do it, I don't think she would have hung around, w/blood from the victims on her, & called 911. I think she would have gone home, cleaned up & acted shocked when LE came to the door. IMO EC had a window of opportunity of about 20 minutes & that window of time has been accounted for by digital or electronic evidence.
The long-time Atlanta news reporter, Morse Diggs, is known for his 'dapper' style of clothes. IMO when he states LE doesn't believe the killer will try & run, I speculate it is because their suspect is already in custody or deceased.
JMOO
Screenshot_2022-01-11-16-06-14-1.png
Piedmont Park stabbing Katherine Janness | 11alive.com

Last edited:

The most recent report confuses me because back in August, APD gave the impression that Bowie did bite the killer. At least I assumed it was APD providing that info, but maybe it was just media speculation from interviews with the detectives.

I still don't think EC was the killer. She was smaller than KJ and whoever did this had extraordinary upper body strength and stamina, probably a man. Even if EC hired someone to commit the murder, wouldn't it be easier to just sit back and wait for someone else to find her? Maybe even bombard KJ's phone with worried calls/texts until the police contact her with the bad news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty