GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that was the actual cause for release did the news outlet state that was the reason? I mean, it could very well be the case but... ??

All government agencies in Georgia are required by law to release documents requested under FOIA, if those documents don't fall under any of the exclusions. They have 3 days to respond to the request. Failure to do so would result in a criminal charge and a fine.
Georgia Public Records Guide

Arrest was made at 11:00 am, Thur., 03/10/22 per DBFL LE & MSM.
Wish I could report the same for KJ & B.
Yep. I agree. There were some similarities, but I don't think this guy is associated with KJ's death. This is just such a bizarre case. Why can't we get this solved?

I am busy attorney. But almost once a day I look at this thread, and bring up googleearth of Piedmont Park. I just look at the park, zoom in here and there. I just keep thinking: there is something missing and it should be here. How did this happen? Why and how did it happen where it did? The location of the attack is interesting to me. Why here? Why was Katie there?

Yep. I agree. There were some similarities, but I don't think this guy is associated with KJ's death. This is just such a bizarre case. Why can't we get this solved?

I am busy attorney. But almost once a day I look at this thread, and bring up googleearth of Piedmont Park. I just look at the park, zoom in here and there. I just keep thinking: there is something missing and it should be here. How did this happen? Why and how did it happen where it did? The location of the attack is interesting to me. Why here? Why was Katie there?

I think that her cellphone may provide more information than LEO has released. Her habits, where she goes, when.

This just doesn't seem random to me. The attack seemed very personalized and full of rage.

I think that her cellphone may provide more information than LEO has released. Her habits, where she goes, when.

This just doesn't seem random to me. The attack seemed very personalized and full of rage.
I assume police have the cell records. But still no progress (that we know of.) I am still on the fence whether this is random or personal.

Agreed.

All IMO: the intensity of this crime was driven by dark emotions, rather than a random act of violence by a thief or deranged stranger. The latter two would be much less likely to engage in such elaborate overkill. I believe a lot more forethought and adrenaline were required. Even the recent murders of the biking couple in Florida, while brutal and senseless, didn't involve so many multiple stabbings and the deaths of both a human being and a pet.

I believe the perpetrator(s) viewed KJ & B's killings as justified.

This crime must have been carefully planned. Bowie had to have been incapacitated first and fast, possibly with a stun gun/taser, to allow the killer(s) to murder KJ. Someone obsessed with EC, or revenge, or perhaps both.

I thought the same thing when I saw this news report. Just like the teenage boy in Palm Beach Gardens, these things do randomly happen.

I honestly go back and forth on whether this was personal/random. I'm just shocked that there hasn't been any movement or update by LE.

Same here - it was either deeply personal or totally random. If the former, it could have been someone who felt he knew her well, but whom she didn't know at all. JMO.

It sounds to me like the police have resorted to trying to gather cell phone data to see who was in the park at that hour (that's my extrapolation from the press conference in which they referred to cell phone information). I'm wondering whether the area is just too congested to make that feasible - whether the cell phone info can be that exact (i.e., this cell user was IN the park vs. across the street in a restaurant or apt.). Also, obviously, if the killer didn't have his phone on him, this strategy will get them nowhere.

Arrest was made at 11:00 am, Thur., 03/10/22 per DBFL LE & MSM.
Wish I could report the same for KJ & B.

Having multiple (active and working) surveillance videos made all the difference in locating and identifying the killer the Daytona Beach murders. It's a shame the cameras in Piedmont Park were not up-to-date and working. (Also, they should have had more cameras in the area). jmo

It sounds to me like the police have resorted to trying to gather cell phone data to see who was in the park at that hour (that's my extrapolation from the press conference in which they referred to cell phone information). I'm wondering whether the area is just too congested to make that feasible - whether the cell phone info can be that exact (i.e., this cell user was IN the park vs. across the street in a restaurant or apt.). Also, obviously, if the killer didn't have his phone on him, this strategy will get them nowhere.

Or the killer deliberately left their cellphone somewhere else during the event, went and got their phone later.

There was a case in Montana, that was solved, no body, because the killer had left their cellphone home. It was like the only day, the day the victim disappeared that the killer had not used his cellphone in a 12 hour period.

That was how he was nailed.

Or the killer deliberately left their cellphone somewhere else during the event, went and got their phone later.

There was a case in Montana, that was solved, no body, because the killer had left their cellphone home. It was like the only day, the day the victim disappeared that the killer had not used his cellphone in a 12 hour period.

That was how he was nailed.
That's interesting - and also sounds like the guy in that case was already on police radar. If they had a suspect here, they could verify phone whereabouts and usage/non-usage and compare the latter to previous patterns. If they have no suspect, though, that won't help at all, of course.

I'm beginning to be concerned that this killer really knew what he was doing. I finally got the autopsy report details and wow. Sadistic doesnt even begin to describe it, and he took his time even in a public setting. If he really left no DNA, no physical evidence, and there's no electronic trial, this might remain unsolved. I hope not.

<snipped & BBM from your linked article>
Evidence indicates Piedmont Park murderer may have been familiar with victim, dog.

Wow, seems like LE thinks they may have known each other. Sounds like LE knows way more than we thought. I hope there is an arrest soon.

“Familiar” doesn’t necessarily mean that they knew each other though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13