GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullies never forget nor forgive. I had a bully bother me for 10 years and then found me recently on fb. Some people hold grudges!

Pretty much this is true. Especially if they feel they have something to prove.

That is what the parents were told according to our poster here. The mods have not removed it so they must be okay with her posting it..

It rings true to me. My sons school has been on lock down and it sounds like familiar language to me.

So you are seriously saying you think LE "ruled it an accident" BEFORE the ME even got there?

So you are seriously saying you think LE "ruled it an accident" BEFORE the ME even got there?

That is what the school relayed to the parents according to that poster.

And yes I think it was possible.. I think that they asked the police for help in informing parents and that is what they were told to relay.

The coroner stated that the SD compromised the investigation by neglecting to call them immediately, as per GA law. The coroner was called hours later.

Who got it from the police.. They certainly did not make the determination it was an accident on their own.

Im good with this local.

The school was told there was no sign of trauma. The school then decided to tell parents it was an accident. That is on the school, not LE. LE never used the word accident in regards to their official investigation. LE sent the body to GBI for an autopsy and forensics before making their decision. This is what the records show.

There is no way in hello kitty that LE ruled on anything having to do with a deceased body before the ME arrived.

They may have said it appeared to be an accident from what they saw. But no way they ruled it accidental within 2 hours.

And the local poster said the SCHOOL called them. Not LE.

Maybe the school misspoke. But no way it was "ruled". <modsnip>

LE called the parents? I doubt it. The school probably called the parents and may (or may not have) said it was an accident. But LE never used those words. LE did not tell the family it was an accident. They said there were no obvious signs of trauma and that they were sending KJ's body for an autopsy. LE is not responsible for whatever the school officials may or may not have said.

Another parent on a news broadcast said the text said "no foul play is suspected" - IIRC I'll see if I can find the link. Regardless, the investigation was four months long and that is documented, so it's really irrelevant what was said two hours after a child was found dead in the school gym to comfort scared parents.

The school was told there was no sign of trauma. The school then decided to tell parents it was an accident. That is on the school, not LE. LE never used the word accident in regards to their official investigation. LE sent the body to GBI for an autopsy and forensics before making their decision. This is what the records show.

You don't know that. Im sorry, But you dont' know that an officer did not tell the school what they should say. I would think it stands to reason they would ask police before releasing any statement.

I appreciate the info.

But the mats were normally stored on their sides not vertically yes?

IMO, they were stored in both directions, depending on whether the extra space is needed. That's what makes the most sense to me. It is speculated that they were horizontal when KJ stored his shoes before break, and that they had been turned vertical during break so that his shoes fell to the bottom and became difficult to access.

The coroner stated that the SD compromised the investigation by neglecting to call them immediately, as per GA law. The coroner was called hours later.

That still does not change the fact that they did not, could not rule it an accident before the ME got there. That's what is being implied.
That's just not possible.

That still does not change the fact that they did not, could not rule it an accident before the ME got there. That's what is being implied.
That's just not possible.

It mean they SHOULD not have. But they did. And the coroner made a statement to the effect that the negligence of the LCSD compromised the investigation.

The school stated that they were first turned vertically over the Christmas break. Prior to that, they were always kept horizontally.

However, police reports state that it was common practice for kids to walk on top of the mats, drop candy wrappers and soda cans down in them. Sooooo, which is true?

The kids played on the mats regardless of which direction they were stored in.

It mean they SHOULD not have. But they did. And the coroner made a statement to the effect that the negligence of the LCSD compromised the investigation.

No. They didn't. The incident report does not use the word "accident." If the school used this word, it is not LE's fault nor does it reflect on the integrity of the investigation.

IMO, they were stored in both directions, depending on whether the extra space is needed. That's what makes the most sense to me. It is speculated that they were horizontal when KJ stored his shoes before break, and that they had been turned vertical during break so that his shoes fell to the bottom and became difficult to access.

So his shoes where there for the entire break?

What was the point of moving them if not to clean? If they cleaned why were his shoes in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen the wording "suspecting no foul play" used over and over again in investigations. It is commonly used to keep the public from panicking.

And it's certainly not a ruling.

So his shoes where there for the entire break?

What was the point of moving them if not to clean? If they cleaned why were his shoes in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, yes, they were there for the entire break. They were not his street shoes, they were his gym shoes which he traded/shared with friends. I don't know why whoever moved the mats didn't remove the shoes before uprighting them but I seriously doubt they intended to kill KJ when they did so.

Ya'all need a break here. The bickering is out of control. Go find something else to do for awhile.

Salem

I'm going to reopen this but with warning that if there is further bickering, TOs will be issued.

There really is no reason to bicker in this thread. We have young man that died under very strange circumstances. We have a family that wants answers.

Whether he died of an accident or foul play should not result in bickering. It should result in an exchange of ideas and thoughts based on your own analysis of the facts. If you think it was an accident - that's fine, say why and move on. If you think it was foul play - that's fine, say why and move on. Don't fight over it.

Salem

Ben Crump tells Roland Martin that KJ had bruises all over his head and compares the beating to what happened to Emmett Till. Of course this is not true.

The motion for a coroner's inquest was supposed to be decided today, I'm hoping the Judge will grant it. I don't think I've ever been on a case where they've used one, or if I have, I didn't realize it.

This tragedy happened on January 10/11, 2013 - Ben Crump came on the case October 2013.

Grio reports fight was with another "group" of boys. This from a reporter actually looking through case documents.

TheGrio has combed through the documents; they also include phone records from Johnson’s cell and details of his Facebook page, as well as information about as possible feud between the teen and another group of boys.

Grio is an offshoot of NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member