GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That still does not change the fact that they did not, could not rule it an accident before the ME got there. That's what is being implied.
That's just not possible.

I must have missed this.

Respectfully, please, a link from LE report (or MSM) re ME going to the high school scene?

Victor Blackwell CNN ‏@VictorCNN now
Coroner ask judge to reject family's request for inquest in #KendrickJohnson case - wants to wait for results of DOJ review & investigation

Does this make sense?

I think it's ok to source CNN reporter tweets..if not, please remove.

Ben Crump tells Roland Martin that KJ had bruises all over his head and compares the beating to what happened to Emmett Till. Of course this is not true.

The motion for a coroner's inquest was supposed to be decided today, I'm hoping the Judge will grant it. I don't think I've ever been on a case where they've used one, or if I have, I didn't realize it.

This tragedy happened on January 10/11, 2013 - Ben Crump came on the case October 2013.

wow. That interview with Roland Martin is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard. jmo

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487262/EXCLUSIVE-Father-boy-17-mysteriously-died-rolled-gym-mat-claims-bullied-boy.html#ixzz2jkAX5i3N pub 11/04/13

“Mr Johnson, who has a tattoo of his son's face on his arm, talked to MailOnline about an incident on a school bus after a football game that resulted in the police being called.”
“According to Kendrick's family, the teenager decided to quit the team after the incident.”
“…He said Kendrick was also a top athlete among his peers. ‘He was one of the best,’ Giddens said. ‘He was so good in football that the coaches were afraid he would hurt someone because he hit so hard.”

Are above stmts consistent w. one another? Consistent w facts about when KJ played football?
IIRC, KJ was a freshman on JV football at the time of school bus incident, 2 years prior.
His family is quoted as saying KJ quit the team after that incident.
KJ’s buddy Giddens said KJ was “so good in football.”
So was the buddy talking about KJ in football 2 yrs., maybe 3 yrs earlier?
Or did KJ rejoin the team?

Anyone?

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487262/EXCLUSIVE-Father-boy-17-mysteriously-died-rolled-gym-mat-claims-bullied-boy.html#ixzz2jkAX5i3N pub 11/04/13

“Mr Johnson, who has a tattoo of his son's face on his arm, talked to MailOnline about an incident on a school bus after a football game that resulted in the police being called.”
“According to Kendrick's family, the teenager decided to quit the team after the incident.”
“…He said Kendrick was also a top athlete among his peers. ‘He was one of the best,’ Giddens said. ‘He was so good in football that the coaches were afraid he would hurt someone because he hit so hard.”

Are above stmts consistent w. one another? Consistent w facts about when KJ played football?
IIRC, KJ was a freshman on JV football at the time of school bus incident, 2 years prior.
His family is quoted as saying KJ quit the team after that incident.
KJ’s buddy Giddens said KJ was “so good in football.”
So was the buddy talking about KJ in football 2 yrs., maybe 3 yrs earlier?
Or did KJ rejoin the team?

Anyone?

BBM:

Kendrick dreamed of following Lowndes alumni Randall Godfrey and Jay Ratliff to the NFL. A physical but undersize safety, he was more likely to end up playing at an FCS college, his middle school coach James Mitchell says. Yet his career had stalled. In the spring, he'd walked off the practice field after an argument with a coach. When he tried to return to practice, he was refused. Kendrick was told he'd have to miss his sophomore season, then return to the Vikings as a junior.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-17-year-old-football-player-valdosta-georgia

Also at 17- and a soph- depending on his DOB, he would possibly not be allowed to play his Senior year according to state HS policies concerning age

So his shoes where there for the entire break?

What was the point of moving them if not to clean? If they cleaned why were his shoes in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they cleaned, why was there blood on the walls in that corner? the " old" blood that one investigator claimed was not from "our crime" ( which i thought was strange anyways)

Also I have a question , about the student who was both with KJ when he entered the gym and at the same time on the other side of the school.
Can someone tell me how much " passing time" between classes is allotted at the school?
TIA

Another parent on a news broadcast said the text said "no foul play is suspected" - IIRC I'll see if I can find the link. Regardless, the investigation was four months long and that is documented, so it's really irrelevant what was said two hours after a child was found dead in the school gym to comfort scared parents.

Agreed. I think LE didn't see any obvious signs of trauma but they waited until after the GBI autopsy and forensics to make a final decision. It is important to note that the made their final decision after a four month investigation, not within two hours as some folks are claiming. IIRC, processing the scene took about four hours. IMO, the decision that was made within two hours was that the students were not in danger and that KJ's death was an isolated incident. And, yes, the message was most likely worded to comfort the frightened students and parents.

If they cleaned, why was there blood on the walls in that corner? the " old" blood that one investigator claimed was not from "our crime" ( which i thought was strange anyways)

Also I have a question , about the student who was both with KJ when he entered the gym and at the same time on the other side of the school.
Can someone tell me how much " passing time" between classes is allotted at the school?
TIA

They must not have cleaned (as in washed) as much as tidy up and put the mats back where they belong.

I don't know how much time there is between classes at Lowndes High School but I think the average time between high school bells is 5 to 8 minutes.

Where is it stated the mats were moved in order to clean the gym? I assumed they were moved to make room or to store them more efficiently.

It's clear from photos that whoever is responsible for cleaning that gym is in need of an evaluation of their professional competence. Look at the floor/wall area near the bleachers where that unrelated shoe was found. I'm not surprised that old blood was there (on the wall) because the rest of the gym (in photos) looks disgusting. It was the "old gym", so it kind of makes sense they didn't focus on keeping it spotless.

[modsnip]

They must not have cleaned (as in washed) as much as tidy up and put the mats back where they belong.

I don't know how much time there is between classes at Lowndes High School but I think the average time between high school bells is 5 to 8 minutes.

They also may have buffed the gym floor. That's something typically done when there won't be anyone using it for several days. jmo

TIA

The kid that entered with him went straight to class. I'm not sure, but I think he is one of the group of kids shown coming out of the building.

Victor Blackwell CNN ‏@VictorCNN now
Coroner ask judge to reject family's request for inquest in #KendrickJohnson case - wants to wait for results of DOJ review & investigation

Does this make sense?

I think it's ok to source CNN reporter tweets..if not, please remove.

This is fine. MSM tweets are the only tweets that can be copied and pasted w/the link. All other tweets are to be paraphrased with a link. :) Thanks.

Salem

Kendrick Johnson Update: Ga. Sec. of State investigating funeral home that handled teen's remains after gym-mat death
(CBS) - The Georgia Secretary of State is investigating the funeral home that handled the remains of a Georgia teen found dead inside a rolled-up wrestling mat in his high school gym, according to a spokesperson for Secretary of State Brian Kemp.
Cody Whitlock said the office of the Secretary of State could not comment further due to its ongoing investigation into the Harrington Funeral Home in Valdosta, Ga. It is unclear when the probe began.

They also may have buffed the gym floor. That's something typically done when there won't be anyone using it for several days. jmo

I know they were also about to renovate the gym into a new band room, maybe they didn't pay a lot of attention to the walls because of that? Still disgusting, but just a thought.

I just hope all the investigating into the investigating provides acceptable answers for the family.

So according to the Daily Mail article, the altercation was between KJ, who was a freshman and the other kid, who was a senior? So, the other kid should have graduated and not even been attending the school at the time of KJ's death?

But the family hope the U.S. Attorney will look again at the confrontation when reviewing the case.
Kendrick was a freshman player when he was traveling home with a defeated varsity team on the same bus.
On the back of the bus one of the senior players on the team allegedly picked a fight with Kendrick, known as 'K.J.' to his friends. The player, who MailOnline is not naming, was trading barbs with Johnson about each other’s mothers - when the younger freshmen seemed to outwit the varsity player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gym-mat-claims-bullied-boy.html#ixzz2jjOQScbL

So according to the Daily Mail article, the altercation was between KJ, who was a freshman and the other kid, who was a senior? So, the other kid should have graduated and not even been attending the school at the time of KJ's death?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gym-mat-claims-bullied-boy.html#ixzz2jjOQScbL

I caught that too and it doesn't make sense. It would be nice if the so-called journalists who are reporting this story would make an effort to get their "facts" straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member