GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should also add, that it took FOREVER for LE to charge Zahra Baker's step-mother in her death. She was the little girl with cancer who was abused, and then dismembered.

LE picked up her evil step-mom on unrelated, outstanding charges, and they held her while recovering evidence to the nines, much of it recovered in full view of the public, including the digging up of the septic system, removal of the drainpipes from the bathroom, pieces of Zahra's remains :(.

The case unfolded PAINFULLY slow, and, there may not be complete justice for the child even now. LE has massive amounts of evidence, some of which was discovered here by members of WS.

Different Governmental Agencies were involved in the identification process of remains found etc., and they definitely fast-tracked the ID process, for Zahra's case. Resources are stretched and wait times long for many agencies, but, they almost ALWAYS fast track high profile ones, or cases with severe time constraints, like LG's.

I am positive LE has the results from the FBI testing.

Now we wait (and wonder).

Has it been publicly announced whether the rest of Lauren has been recovered?

Good point, Wondergirl, on Zahra Baker's step-mother.

I have not read/heard that the rest of Lauren has been recovered. But I seem to recall the Chief refusing to comment on the question of additional remains being found, which to me is an indication that they have, imo, but I don't know. It makes me wonder if anything was found in the fridge.

Is it unusual for the FBI to volunteer in a case like this?

Nope, it happens all the time.

They don't always stay as long as some would like, but, as long as they are there lending their expertise (and connections, especially with respect to cell phone records, triangulation etc., things are good.)

Speaking of cell phone triangulation, do we have any indication for SM having a cell phone? Tracking the movement of the pings on the towers could prove extremely telling, especially if Lauren did go jogging that night, and also to track his movements in the days following.

Great point, Wondergirl, on the cell phone issue. I haven't heard any mention of that for SM.

What group? I've been following this thread and haven't seen a group mentioned.
The "DirtyBriefs" group , they are in Thread # 1 I believe , a Google group that has since been taken down, but looked to be about as unsavory as the Hash Hound Harriers group from some of the posts

The "DirtyBriefs" group , they are in Thread # 1 I believe , a Google group that has since been taken down, but looked to be about as unsavory as the Hash Hound Harriers group from some of the posts

The "dirty briefs" postings were mentioned in the 1st feed but the postings were pulled down about as soon as they were mentioned and ppl started looking at them. The postings were a bit "tawdy", at least the ones I was able to read before they were pulled.

I must agree AgentFrankLundy: both of the groups seemed a bit "unsavory", but really not too out of the ordinary these days for college students. The dirty briefs seemed to me to just be a group of young law students and legal eagle types talking a bit dirty at and too each other...

the HHH on the other hand has always been known as a "drinking" / "running" club of sorts --- some groups leaning more to the drinking and others more to the running.

The rules regarding conflicts are set out by the State Bar of Georgia and can be accessed via the link below. SMcD was never a "client" of the DA's office nor was he working there at the time the offenses were committed. There is no connection whatsoever that would give rise to a conflict of interest for the DA's office. The rules exist basically to protect former clients of an attorney or firm from being susequently sued by the same firm in another matter. (this is a major over-simplification of a very complex subject.) In any event, IMO this is a stall tactic on the part of SMcD's attorney to prevent the DA's office from having to play their hand just yet. He's not getting out any time soon and if Buford insisted on having the bond hearing last week, he would have forced the DA to reveal what they have against McD already, which would apparently further tarnish his reputation and chances of ever taking the bar exam in the future. Buford and McD have obviously chosen to wait this thing out rather than have that happen. I'm sure McD is hoping that the forensic evidence will turn up nothing and that he will be able to salvage something of his reputation and career. Not much chance of that if he gets charged with murder. JMO but I guess we'll see what happens on Friday.

http://gabar.org/handbook/part_iv_a...ct/rule_17_conflict_of_interest_general_rule/

Lord, that makes so much sense. I get the feeling that McD's legal background is making this case more of a pain for LE than it otherwise would be. We have a Mercer law grad sitting in jail for stealing 2 condoms over a year ago who the police won't even label a full suspect even though a skeleton key to the apartments was found in his possession and Lauren's remains were found in the garbage bins he and she shared the morning the garbage was supposed to be picked up [and a resident would know that].
BTW, when I was there at their apartments, and I smelled the decomposition [probably an animal], I did look through some of the garbage just to see if I could readily ID the source of the odor. There was a massive amount of discarded furniture in and around the 3 cans. There was a wooden towel rack, cushions, magazines...It looked like someone had cleared out an apartment and dumped what they didn't want. This was on a Tuesday around noon. There were only 3 cans and they were right where Lauren's remains were found, on the left side by the apartment below hers. Do we know if Lauren's family retrieved or sorted through any of her belongings or is the apartment being kept in its exact same condition? I'm sure it wasn't McD's stuff either, maybe the tenant of the downstairs apartment? I have a hard time believing those 3 cans are meant for the entire complex, even though they are to the front of the building, so I am just scratching my head wondering whose junk I was digging through, basically.
I didn't take photos of the garbage because by the time I got to that there was too much activity in the complex and I was getting looks, and I was also concerned with reporting the smell just to be on the safe side.

Trying not to be alarmed by these repeat searches. My thought is investigators are being directed to look for specific things via the FBI Forensic Lab.

Lord, that makes so much sense. I get the feeling that McD's legal background is making this case more of a pain for LE than it otherwise would be. We have a Mercer law grad sitting in jail for stealing 2 condoms over a year ago who the police won't even label a full suspect even though a skeleton key to the apartments was found in his possession and Lauren's remains were found in the garbage bins he and she shared the morning the garbage was supposed to be picked up [and a resident would know that].
BTW, when I was there at their apartments, and I smelled the decomposition [probably an animal], I did look through some of the garbage just to see if I could readily ID the source of the odor. There was a massive amount of discarded furniture in and around the 3 cans. There was a wooden towel rack, cushions, magazines...It looked like someone had cleared out an apartment and dumped what they didn't want. This was on a Tuesday around noon. There were only 3 cans and they were right where Lauren's remains were found, on the left side by the apartment below hers. Do we know if Lauren's family retrieved or sorted through any of her belongings or is the apartment being kept in its exact same condition? I'm sure it wasn't McD's stuff either, maybe the tenant of the downstairs apartment? I have a hard time believing those 3 cans are meant for the entire complex, even though they are to the front of the building, so I am just scratching my head wondering whose junk I was digging through, basically.
I didn't take photos of the garbage because by the time I got to that there was too much activity in the complex and I was getting looks, and I was also concerned with reporting the smell just to be on the safe side.

You were there July 12th or 13th right? There is a pic of investigator's going through that trash you speak of on July 13th. I believe it's this one-
http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html

Every time they go back to the complex I get chills up my spine wondering what evidence was right there underfoot or behind a door while I spent time there. http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/page/2 There's McD's apartment door, I found it odd that it had a Do Not Enter sign but Lauren's did not...maybe it's because her loved ones were coming and going?

snipped for length

"Do we know if Lauren's family retrieved or sorted through any of her belongings or is the apartment being kept in its exact same condition?"

I'm positive there are some links to articles and pics in the previous thread that show Lauren's family cleaning out her apartment. Now, I don't know if they totally cleaned it out, or just gathered sentimental items. One of the articles stated that LE had asked her family to go through the apartment to see if they noticed anything strange.

snipped
Do we know if Lauren's family retrieved or sorted through any of her belongings or is the apartment being kept in its exact same condition?

I can't find any references to the family actually removing items but they did go into the apartment and MPD did give the key to the apartment back to Lauren's family. They also handed something to MPD from the apartment at one point.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/08/1624774/giddings-family-back-inside-her.html#storylink=misearch

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/08/1624328/macon-police-saying-little-about.html#storylink=misearch

I vaguely remember seeing a video or photo of Lauren's parents leaving her apartment with some of her belongings but I can't find a link, so I could be mistaken

snipped for length

"Do we know if Lauren's family retrieved or sorted through any of her belongings or is the apartment being kept in its exact same condition?"

I'm positive there are some links to articles and pics in the previous thread that show Lauren's family cleaning out her apartment. Now, I don't know if they totally cleaned it out, or just gathered sentimental items. One of the articles stated that LE had asked her family to go through the apartment to see if they noticed anything strange.

I commented upstream about how I thought it strange that her apartment was cleaned out so quickly. I have to find a link but pretty sure it was less than a week after she was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee