GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a quick thought, if McD really belived that the MM could have had anything to do with LG's disappearance, why not mention it when he was rattling off all those other incredibly specific details early on? He remembered details to the email about someone trying to break in, but not the man he supposedly saw trying to break in? He could remember who's car was where and for how long, surely he remembered the incident (if it really happened). It just doesn't make sense at all to me that all of a sudden there is some MM who masterminded the whole thing. No way.

Also, I do not believe for a second that with the seriousness of this case in the eyes of the community LE would charge McD with another potential POI out there with no confirmed alibi.
He's drowning and gasping for this last breaths.
He'll say anything at this point to keep from admitting to his family that he did this.

Pretty sure MM has been cleared. See:
Found Deceased GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 27 June 2011 - #6 - Page 11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is a touching video interview with Lauren's mother. <snipped?

Regarding SM, Lauren's mother says "He was somewhat reckless (irreckless), so it is strange to think that he was even in law school."

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/mar...ngs-tries-to-find-closure-after-arrest-080411

What Mrs. Giddings said was "He was somewhat A RECLUSE. It's strange to think that he was in the law school, because he just kept to himself."

Sorry for the repetitive post; just catching up.

Okay, I know who this person is that is being described. He has an alibi. He was questioned on the day the torso was found along with all of the other residents and he was cleared by police. There is no validity to this bs story that Stephen is trying to pin on an innocent person.

bolded section ^ by me ---

I am slow today! LOL but I am confused. I need clarification. Are you saying ^^ that you KNOW for a "fact" that SM is trying to frame this person (the MM) who is a friend of yours? Do you also know SM? or are you saying that it just APPEARS that way to you??? Just curious.

For the experienced Websleuthers, has there ever been a case where the person who carried out the dismemberment was not the actual murderer?

TIA.
No specific ones that I can recall off the top of my head, though we've seen many cases where someone assisted the murderer in disposing of the victim's body, which sometimes involved dismemberment. In the case of Zahra Baker, the stepmom alone is accused with the murder and dismemberment. Yet many, including myself, believe she had help. But where one person did the killing and another came along and dismembered? I can't think of any at the moment.

Telegraph is announcing an article coming out tomorrow.
Sell those papers!!! :twocents:

In Saturday’s Telegraph: New revelations in Lauren Giddings slaying
http://www.macon.com/2011/08/05/1656446/in-saturdays-telegraph-new-revelations.html

Might have some new info... who knows.

Sounds like MT is trying to sell some extra copies tomorrow--- I doubt it will be anything new- probably just refer to the "hacksaw packaging" and maybe the sword collection... If its big they will have it on WMAZ at 11 and online at Macon.com by midnight......JMO

bolded section ^ by me ---

I am slow today! LOL but I am confused. I need clarification. Are you saying ^^ that you KNOW for a "fact" that SM is trying to frame this person (the MM) who is a friend of yours? Do you also know SM? or are you saying that it just APPEARS that way to you??? Just curious.

I dont know SM. I do know the MM who is being described in this news story and who was a student worker who lived at BH. I believe that SM is floundering for a story and is trying to pin it on the other resident who also had keys to the apartment. I know that the MM has an alibi.

I wonder if MM will be the defense equivalent of George Anthony...

Sounds like MT is trying to sell some extra copies tomorrow--- I doubt it will be anything new- probably just refer to the "hacksaw packaging" and maybe the sword collection... If its big they will have it on WMAZ at 11 and online at Macon.com by midnight......JMO
It will be interesting to see if they decide to go ahead and clear this up for everyone
or simply fuel the rumor mill for this story to keep people coming back... I wouldn't put it past them.

Thank you GT&T(Gypsies, Tramps&Thieves) for making the statement that you know who it is that MCD is literally hurling under a 10 ton bus barreling down the highway.. Good to know that one of us able to let us all know there is zero validity to this outright, bold faced lie that SM is attempting to feed to LE, the court, his family, Lauren's family, and us, the public.. I find it to be more than disgusting IMO!! It is taking just another notch up as to level of depraved human being that we are dealing with here in this case.. And sadly I have lost all hope(which was very little to begin with) that this individual who has created and inflicted this nightmare and pain for so very many innocent people's lives.. At this point I have zero hope, that even with his family going to him and mom giving him "permission" to admit his guilt and to grant this broken family the single thing that they ask of him.. To tell the location(s) of their daughter, Lauren's remains.. IMO this individual no matter if his very own mother, herself begged and pleaded with him to please admit what he's done and to please tell the location of the remains.. Even if mom were willing to face this horrible truth and go to him and plead.. IMO this individual has no feelings of sympathy or empathy.. Not for Lauren's loved one's.. And honestly IMO not for his loved one's either..

IMO this about something soooooooooo much more to Stephen McDaniel.. It has everything to do with him and him alone and no one else's feelings, pain, anguish, and utter devastation matter to him in the very least.. IMO I know think its very likely that SM is a sociopath, straight up.. And wouldn't doubt it a bit if even a psychopath.. This is nothing more than my opinion but I will say that I feel very strongly about this and that as time passes and more comes to light I feel as tho it will only further solidify these opinions of SM..

IMO I think we are just now, as in just with these latest developments.. Just now beginning to scratch the surface of just what is beneath that calm, serene, angelic(as some have noted) facade.. The true Stephen has not yet been revealed IMO and as he is revealed I believe we are going to see an individual that is what Jose Baez would say.. Absolutely and completely morally bankrupt.. But even beyond him being morally bankrupt IMO true evil lurks behind that facade..

Poor Lauren and what she saw in her last moments here on this earth.. IMO she saw the real Stephen in those moments(which I pray to God were very short in length) before she drew her last breath.. The face of evil IMO..

IMO we will continue to see self serving, diabolical and methodical planning, scheming, and fantasizing for some great length of time preceding his following thru with a plan that is nothing short of the purest of evil.. Jmo tho!

Wait a second! MM was no more than the "resident contact" which means he probably resided there and his last day was June 25th, which was probably the last day of his lease....just like many of the other tenants were moving out around the same day. He wasn't "fired" and out for revenge, he was just moving out. :rollercoaster:

I am willing to guess, that the vacated apartment, the fridge was removed from, was............the MM's apartment! (just a guess)

mtg-photo_2878441_073120111.jpg

Lauren Teresa Giddings -MACON - Lauren Teresa Giddings, 27, died June 26, 2011 in Macon, Georgia where she has been residing since 2008. She was born on April 18, 1984 in Takoma Park, MD to William "Bill" and Karen (Payne) Giddings. She grew up and resided in Laurel until she moved to Georgia. She was a member of St. Mary of the Mills Catholic Church and attended St. Mary's School from kindergarten to eighth grade. She graduated from Atholton High School in Columbia in 2002 where she played field hockey and softball. In 2002, she moved to Georgia and attended Agnes Scott College until 2006 when she graduated with a major in political science, minored in religious studies and played softball. After graduation she returned home and worked for the National Center for Public Policy in Washington, DC before pursuing a career in Law.

Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ma...iddings&pid=152822991&fhid=6046#ixzz1ThgRaKSl

Just a reminder...
Visitation and funeral services for murdered Laurel native Lauren Giddings will be held this weekend.

The visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. today at St. Mary of the Mills Catholic Church, 114 St. Mary’s Place in Laurel.
A funeral mass will begin at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...l-native-murdered-in-georgia&template=gazette

I wonder if MM will be the defense equivalent of George Anthony...

Lets hope not, but I guess every good defense strategy needs "reasonable doubt".

IF in fact this was a premeditated murder AND SM IS the perp it looks as if this will be at least one of the seeds they try to plant with the jury. Of course if the video of the interview makes it into evidence, I think it will give him a problem because he does not mention any of this- does not mention seeing anything specious on Thursday night and he was given the opportunity....

I am thinking now with this new info we have on the MM and the statement made by SM's mother about SM telling her the MM was out on LG's balcony Thursday night that SM IS the author of the mystery email from Saturday... I have been on the fence a long time with this (and still am at times) but it does seem to be pointing more and more in SM's direction and it is looking as if it was planned out..to some extent anyway.

As Always - my thoughts and posts are my own and MOO.

Can't help my curiosity about all the little steps along the way and the psychology behind why things are done.

Just as I am compelled to wonder about the psychology of one who so vehemently defends the one to whom all evidence thus far points to guilt....or at least enough evidence to have held the suspect thus far.Yea, yea......innocent until proven guilty and all that, but IMO, you are fighting a losing battle...and I can only wonder WHY???? What is the pschology behind you're being so adamantly pro-innocence where so far, per the evidence given us......it does NOT look so good for this young man.

Right now McDaniel awaits a commitment hearing set for August 17th to take place in magistrate court.

It&#8217;s a process to see if Bibb County District Attorney Greg Winters will have a probable cause to present the case to a grand jury.

If a grand jury decides to indict McDaniel an arraignment will follow.

&#8220;The burden of proof on the state for a case this serious for any felony is beyond a reasonable doubt, so that means if there's any doubt at all the person could be found not guilty. There is the presumption that he's not guilty based on his constitutional rights,&#8221; added McArthur.

Meanwhile Winters has not decided whether he will seek the death penalty in the Giddings case.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Whats-Next-For-Stephen-McDaniel-126865458.html
Another week and a half until his commitment hearing and possibly more evidence coming back from the lab. Does anyone think he will confess before then?

Would Winters talk to Buford? Something like "hey, we have your client nailed to the wall on this. We're willing to forgo the death penalty, if he talks". Is it reasonable to think this happens?

Why do lawyers put this out there???

“The burden of proof on the state for a case this serious for any felony is beyond a reasonable doubt, so that means if there's any doubt at all the person could be found not guilty"

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Whats-Next-For-Stephen-McDaniel-126865458.html

Why do lawyers put this out there??? :banghead:

It's these kind of remarks that make people think once they get on a jury that if they have ANY doubt at all that they are required to return a "NOT GUILTY" verdict.

I firmly believe that ANY doubt is NOT the burden. The burden in my opinion must be put to the test of "reason" which means that it must be logical once you think it through. If it cannot stand up to logical explinations, then IMHO, its not reasonable...

Just as I am compelled to wonder about the psychology of one who so vehemently defends the one to whom all evidence thus far points to guilt....or at least enough evidence to have held the suspect thus far.Yea, yea......innocent until proven guilty and all that, but IMO, you are fighting a losing battle...and I can only wonder WHY???? What is the pschology behind you're being so adamantly pro-innocence where so far, per the evidence given us......it does NOT look so good for this young man.

i find myself being this way too. and i dont know why. it's like i cant get it through my head that he is guilty of this monstrous murder. i look at him and feel pity sometimes.. not that i dont feel more pity for lauren and her family. but still. i just dont know what's wrong with me with this case. it's like im playing the devils advocate (which is weird because there isnt a day that i dont think about lauren. this case has touched me deeply) so i should be more disgusted by him...

i guess i feel this was because they had him early on, and at the time i didnt think he was guilty, i thought they were holding him because they had nothing else to go on and because of his shaggy appearance. it wasnt until i saw the video that i realized it was something much bigger.

i think im starting to feel the right way about this. im starting to realize that he is a monster and he took away a beautiful life. i hope he is punished to the full extent of the law.

I also know "MM" very well, and he has strong alibis for the nights in question. I'm even more disgusted by McD for trying to frame up "MM." It's not fair for "MM" to have to deal with this, and it's scary how McD pointing his finger can lead to so much scrutiny of this guy all over the internet.

I understand we're all here to toss theories around, so I completely get the scrutiny of MM, but it's still kind of scary. Good thing McD wasn't a better framer.

I'm curious... These scratches McD had when he was booked...
Would they have photographed these?
I would expect them to if he'd been booked for murder, or rape, assault, etc...
But since he was being booked for burglary, I wonder if they did this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx