GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
August 25, 2010

McDaniel Not Doing Well, Attorney Says
Asked if McDaniel was sick or stressed, Buford said, “I’m not a doctor ... it could very well be both. He’s having a hard time. ... It’s just the fact that he has never been incarcerated before. It is stressful for him.”

Internet Posts About Death Linked to Stephen McDaniel
Internet discussion board postings written by Stephen Mark McDaniel as recently as the three days before Lauren Giddings’ dismembered torso was discovered provide a glimpse into the thoughts of the man accused in her killing.

McDaniel's Online Posts Describe Torture and Violence
Using the nickname “SoL,” the poster wrote of being “desensitized” to violence and gore. He also made mention of movies depicting people being disemboweled and dismembered alive. His posts also explain how drugs such as chloroform can be used to incapacitate someone.

When I read that, I got the impression he was afraid of being linked to a crime, either in the past or the future. I don't believe the only incidents in his history are the petty burglaries from three years ago, and then Lauren's recent murder. We might never know for sure, but I'd be surprised to learn he's not guilty of more crimes.

What about the fitness for bar though? If he had anything in his past that even hinted at a prior crime or mental instability, would that prohibit him from even taking the bar exam? Unless it were of a juvenile nature which was expunged after he turned 18? Maybe one of our Attorneys can chime in here.

I was thinking he didn't really do this either.
attachment.php

Alright, now... don't be spreading my pic around :pcguru:

I thought it was interesting that he mentions he doesn't have his CCW (concealed carry permit). GMD mentioned he had a "license" for all of his guns in one of the news articles, which I assumed meant he had a CCW (not the same thing but this is obviously coming from a woman who knows nothing about guns or carry laws). I guess he could have gotten his CCW since this was posted on 10/05/10, but maybe not. Just a thought I had.

When you go to get your CCW in GA, they ask you if you've had any history of mental illness. I dont know how this is verified (or if it is), but I wonder if that may have had anything to do with his reluctance to get his CCW.

I'm thinking that in one of the other postings that has been "highlighted" here, he said he DID have a CCW -- I'll try to hunt it up later, if it's there.

Either way, I reckon I, of all people, sure don't have to tell y'all: We don't have to believe everything he says.:D

What about the fitness for bar though? If he had anything in his past that even hinted at a prior crime or mental instability, would that prohibit him from even taking the bar exam? Unless it were of a juvenile nature which was expunged after he turned 18? Maybe one of our Attorneys can chime in here.
One or more of the attorneys has pointed out that he would have undergone a pretty thorough background check, so he must have a clean record as an adult. But what if he committed crimes and was never caught. I think it's very possible, and it could be the reason he was hesitant to be fingerprinted.

Would like to know if he did really do this. I am guessing he didn't, at least not the way he is coming off on there. He may have jabbed at him, but doubtful he 'stabbed' him that way. Evidence of stabbing would be there. And he would have been arrested in high school at that time. They had zero tolerance going strong when he was in high school.
I think you're right. I have a hard time believing he would've gotten away with actually stabbing the other student. Jabbing him is bad enough, though. More importantly, this is an example from his past where anger and resentment lead to a violent act, and he got away with it.

http://operatorchan.org/t/arch/res/193951.html
10/12/08(Wed)03:44 No. 193953 ID: 39b29a
10/12/08(Wed)08:37 No. 193993 ID: 39b29a

If your next door neighbors are disturbing you, dealing/doing drugs and vandalizing your property
and the police won't do anything about it...
Don't burn their house down... they might be able to trace that back to you.
Just wait until they come on your property next, shot them dead,
then stage it like your life was in danger. Problem solved. :crazy:

I wonder if this is what Clarence Thomas would advise :waitasec:

Not even sure who all is left in here at this moment.. but just had a quick question about just WTH is this 4chan and OpChan that we have been reading on all day?? What exactly is its purpose? And now thinking on it there's just no telling:crazy:

Another high school "incident" where he takes care of the bully.
This one supposedly in class with teacher present.
http://operatorchan.org/t/arch/res/122569.html
10/04/21(Wed)23:00 No. 122739
And, again he mentions the other "stabbed the guy in the face with a pen" incident,
only this time, that was "accidental".

Another take the law into your own hands... just kill em.
http://operatorchan.org/n/arch/res/82260.html
10/09/07(Tue)14:53 No. 82312 ID: 39b29a

An interesting tale...
He slips in the mud on a rainy day and busts his face on some steps at school.
He says there was no pain, but they took him to the infirmary and cleaned him up.
Left a nice bruise, looked like he'd been in a fight.
When mom comes to pick him up from school, she freaks out when she sees his face.
She calls the principal to complain about the school being dangerous enough
that he would be able to slip and cause bodily harm.
As if that's the school's fault... there goes mom :)
He asserts how nice it is that he can remain so calm when everyone else is freaking out.
http://www.operatorchan.org/t/arch/res/170727+50.html
10/09/25(Sat)14:18 No. 171510 ID: 39b29a

According to SM, there are 2 things you should always remember.
1. If you kill or harm someone, when the police arrive, tell them your life was in danger,
you're too upset to talk about it and you want a lawyer.
2. There are no fair fights. Either walk away or it's 'no holds barred'.
... seems he forgot Rule #1 :rolleyes:
http://www.operatorchan.org/t/arch/res/169288.html
10/09/19(Sun)10:09 No. 169488 ID: 39b29a

Describes various scars he has on his body.
http://www.operatorchan.org/t/arch/res/136659+50.html
10/06/06(Sun)11:34 No. 137375 ID: 39b29a

Wow. I think we may have covered all the highlights from 2010-2011 :)
I'm sure I may have missed some things, since I was just scanning the
Google results for 2010, picking what looked like it might be interesting just based
on the first line or two that gives you for a summary.
I may go back and check 2011 again. I went for 2010 cause I figured several others
were probably focusing on the most recent entries they could find.

I think we're getting a pretty good picture here though, that's for sure!

I've got a question I wanna ask while I'm thinking on it.. Typed out the post earlier this evening asking this question and the damn connection timed out when I hit submit and when refreshed my entire post went bye-bye.. So hopefully I can make this is as short and to the point as I am absolutely capable of wording..lol

Ok I wanted to get something clarified about child *advertiser censored*/[child exploitation in this case] and being charged with possession of CP.. In the unfortunate circumstance of so many cases now involving some degree of CP and therefor I have read a good bit on being charged with possession of CP..

And I want to see what exactly is correct.. There was a discussion on the linked site to this exact question and it really got me thinking and needing some clarity of knowing for certain about exactly what this "possession" entails.. Up til now what I understood to be the case was that the CP must have been downloaded and saved to an individual's device in his possession such as the hard drive of his computer or in this case downloaded and saved to a flash drive..

and then I'll explain why I worded it that an individual had to have downloaded and saved the media to a device in their possession[as is clearly stated to be the case for each of the seven Child Exploitation charges on Stephen]..

What was being argued and discussed today that led to me asking this question was that it was being stated that one did not have to have downloaded and saved the CP media<image or video>.. but rather what if a completely innocent occurance happened such as[and this is totally just an example]..what if a rogue and crazy member of WS right now here in this thread just up and decided to post a very graphic and explicit in nature image containing clear cut CP..say bessie or any of the other mods were not logged on and in this thread at this late night hour.. So this CP image was allowed to remain for atleast a matter of several minutes until someone intervened.. In the meantime here we are totally innocent bystanders reading and/or posting without even the slightest clue that when we refresh our page or click on to load the next page.. We unknowingly and completely unwillingly by having just simply loaded this page of posts..we all now have in some capacity that CP image on our computers, whether it be in the temporary files or your cache.. it still is in some capacity loaded the CP image onto our personal computers..

So, the argument was that this absolutely 100% consisted of all that was needed for any of us to have found on our personal computers[even if in the cache or temp file] regardless it is there and is all that is needed for their to be felony possession of child *advertiser censored* charges on any single one of us who just happened to have our computers searched after we'd unknowlingly just logged onto WS where some rogue member had posted this CP image unbeknownst to anyone..lol.. I know a bit of ridiculous scenario but was actually the example given on the other site so I just cut to the chase and used the same example to make the point and get clarity..

This just cannot be true is it?? Personally in the cases I have seen the arrest warrants are worded just as Stephen's is in that they have downloaded and saved the CP to a personal media device be it their hard drive, flash drive, cell phone, etc, etc..

Could someone who knows the clarification on this matter please answer when they may have a moment??

Thanks in advance to whoever may be able to help me resolve this little issue that was brought up earlier today:)

In the first post, the guy he "stabbed in the face" is on the wrestling team. In this latest post, the guy who tried to stab him with a pair of scissors in physics class is a wrestler, but the other guy, the one he stabbed with a pen, is a football player. :waitasec:

You know, this is probably as good a time as any to say to everyone on this board...
:clap: :gthanks: :cheer:

After scanning the comments section on news and other sites day after day
and now skimming through all these pages...
Well... It's certainly nice to be amongst you all!
:skip:
:toast:

In the first post, the guy he "stabbed in the face" is on the wrestling team. In this latest post, the guy who tried to stab him with a pair of scissors in physics class is a wrestler, but the other guy, the one he stabbed with a pen, is a football player. :waitasec:

You think maybe he boasts a bit much? Showing how he handles tough guys. And maybe not handling it at all.

I would like to say that, after first reading the news about the *advertiser censored* charges, and then posts from the Chan site, then going and throwing up, and then getting a headache, and then reading all of your posts.........you managed to make me actually laugh at the end of tonight/morning and feel better. And I also thank everyone here, as dear Super Sleuth stated above. The only way to cope with horror is through help and support from other human beings. I will be able to sleep now. And start reading again tomorrow. Prayers for everyone.........good and bad.

Oh, by the way, did I tell you about my next-door neighbor-the recluse? NOT kidding. Needless to say, I am on high alert and so grateful for Websleuths.

I've got a question I wanna ask while I'm thinking on it.. Typed out the post earlier this evening asking this question and the damn connection timed out when I hit submit and when refreshed my entire post went bye-bye.. So hopefully I can make this is as short and to the point as I am absolutely capable of wording..lol

Ok I wanted to get something clarified about child *advertiser censored*/[child exploitation in this case] and being charged with possession of CP.. In the unfortunate circumstance of so many cases now involving some degree of CP and therefor I have read a good bit on being charged with possession of CP..

And I want to see what exactly is correct.. There was a discussion on the linked site to this exact question and it really got me thinking and needing some clarity of knowing for certain about exactly what this "possession" entails.. Up til now what I understood to be the case was that the CP must have been downloaded and saved to an individual's device in his possession such as the hard drive of his computer or in this case downloaded and saved to a flash drive..

and then I'll explain why I worded it that an individual had to have downloaded and saved the media to a device in their possession[as is clearly stated to be the case for each of the seven Child Exploitation charges on Stephen]..

What was being argued and discussed today that led to me asking this question was that it was being stated that one did not have to have downloaded and saved the CP media<image or video>.. but rather what if a completely innocent occurance happened such as[and this is totally just an example]..what if a rogue and crazy member of WS right now here in this thread just up and decided to post a very graphic and explicit in nature image containing clear cut CP..say bessie or any of the other mods were not logged on and in this thread at this late night hour.. So this CP image was allowed to remain for atleast a matter of several minutes until someone intervened.. In the meantime here we are totally innocent bystanders reading and/or posting without even the slightest clue that when we refresh our page or click on to load the next page.. We unknowingly and completely unwillingly by having just simply loaded this page of posts..we all now have in some capacity that CP image on our computers, whether it be in the temporary files or your cache.. it still is in some capacity loaded the CP image onto our personal computers..

So, the argument was that this absolutely 100% consisted of all that was needed for any of us to have found on our personal computers[even if in the cache or temp file] regardless it is there and is all that is needed for their to be felony possession of child *advertiser censored* charges on any single one of us who just happened to have our computers searched after we'd unknowlingly just logged onto WS where some rogue member had posted this CP image unbeknownst to anyone..lol.. I know a bit of ridiculous scenario but was actually the example given on the other site so I just cut to the chase and used the same example to make the point and get clarity..

This just cannot be true is it?? Personally in the cases I have seen the arrest warrants are worded just as Stephen's is in that they have downloaded and saved the CP to a personal media device be it their hard drive, flash drive, cell phone, etc, etc..

Could someone who knows the clarification on this matter please answer when they may have a moment??

Thanks in advance to whoever may be able to help me resolve this little issue that was brought up earlier today:)
It's true, Smooth. But LE won't be looking at your computer unless they have a reason in the first place. Secondly, LE is aware this situation is possible. You're not likely to be arrested for a few random images. The number of images, your browsing habits and other factors would be taken into consideration. But, if LE really wanted to nail you for something, and they found a few images on your computer or other device, they could arrest you for it. In McD's case, the images are on a flash drive. I'm not sure images can just make their way from a browser onto a flash drive. Perhaps if you're using a mobile application.

reading his posts on that site was like indirectly reading his journal. A Diary of a Mad Man if you will.

Now, that I know this guy's mental makeup, its no doubt in my mind why the victim's remains were found right below his apt..

he held onto that specific part for a reason...

one sick puppy

Not even sure who all is left in here at this moment.. but just had a quick question about just WTH is this 4chan and OpChan that we have been reading on all day?? What exactly is its purpose? And now thinking on it there's just no telling:crazy:

Yes, Smooth! Very scary to me that there are people on boards talking so violently. And now I wonder about my freaking neighbor. He is quiet as a mouse. Young, goes to work every day religiously, but when he comes home. Total silence. He MUST be online. Maybe just a gamer but it frightens me that these guys who spend so much time online in some fantasy realm lose their sense of reality. They become more and more anti-social and intolerant and take on a persona.
A wholly different subset of people. And it seems they try to outdo each other.
Sorry, I am rambling....very tired. Watching several threads tonight including Hurricane Irene.
Goodnight all.

First, I doubt LE would charge you if that were the only evidence/occurrence of such material.
And, if they did, I'm sure you could beat that in court.

Also, I want to mention that he did not necessarily have to save these images to his hard drive,
then transfer them to the flash drive. They could be saved there directly.

Also... ever heard of a LiveCD?
You can boot a computer with one of these, and the entire system runs in memory
and no data is written to the hard drive whatsoever. You can access the internet,
download whatever (say via an online email account, special forum area, etc)
directly to a flash drive and the only trace of that material would be what's on the flash drive.

I think the fact that these images were on a flash drive helps to show his intent to possess them.
Of course, the same would be true if they were on his hard drive, stored in specific directories/folders, etc.
The key to proving this, however, may lie in LE's ability to show that the flash drive
is actually his and not something just anyone would have access to.
Hopefully, there are other files of his on the drive and/or the CP was stored in such a way
there would be no way for him to not realize it was there, while showing he was
regularly using the drive with this present.
I hope that makes sense :)

Of course, any other CP or even legal P images present on his other computers/devices
might also be enough to show beyond reasonable doubt this was part of his "collection".
Especially if the others exhibit similar subject matter consistent with the flash drives contents.

I have a feeling, however, that none of this will really come into play in this case.
I think he was arrogant enough to feel he was safe from any LE scrutiny,
so his computer activities are probably easy to discern.
Otherwise, those images would have been stored encrypted in a way
LE would never have been able to access them. :twocents:

The Macon police detective leading the investigation is scheduled to testify and be asked questions by McDaniel&#8217;s attorney. The judge then will determine whether there is enough evidence for the case against McDaniel to go forward

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/25/1677051/mcdaniel-not-doing-well-says-attorney.html#ixzz1W1C3VGdm

Just now getting around to follow knoxy's link from one of the latest articles about the ailing Stephen appearing in court on the 7 CP charges..

And the above snipped quote from that article I was not aware that this procedure would be in a manner where literally this lead investigator is actually questioned by Stephen's attorney.. IMO obviously to gain some type of footing of just what LE has in terms of real evidence against his client, Stephen..

At this point I can honestly say in any of the cases that I have followed previously I have never seen this particular procedure take place[off hand can't think of another GA case I've closely followed but would think this type hearing is not specific to GA,alone.IDK?]

I mean I know we have at several times discussed this hearing and I have actually done a tad bit of following up to links on other sites about it but I certainly do not recall the detail that this would entail Stephen's attorney actually questioning and under oath lead investigator on the case[obviously IMO this individual would be one of the few who knows all of the ends and outs about exactly what LE and the DA have on Stephen]..

So what are the boundaries here? I mean again, another obvious detail IMO would be that Buford would continue the line of questioning just absolutely as long as detailed as he can possibly get away with doing.. Is the investigator forced to answer anything Buford throws out there as a question in his wanting to know? I was under the impression that it would be the DA thru the lead investigator would make prepared statements of the little bit that they'd chosen to release publicly in order to have met their burden..

But its an entirely different ball of wax in hearing that Buford actually gets a stab at the questioning that he wants answered rather than a pre arranged and predetermined amount of detail and info about evidence they have against Stephen..

Hmmm.. Am going to do a little searching around before hitting the hay to see what the boundaries, limitations, and restraints are in place with just how far and how long Buford can continue to question this lead investigator..

Interesting to say the least IMO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member