GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional thoughts:
Forums like operatorchan are all ABOUT bravado, they are places where many go who feel somehow powerless in the real world and they talk a big game online [like many comments sections, ahem]. 4chan is a good example as well. If you reveal you are a female on forums like these, literally the next reply will be a vulgar request for some naked photos, and there is a high chance of your social networking sites getting hacked. I've seen it happen.
When reading what SMD writes on these forums, it's obvious he is trying to project the person he wishes himself to be, because we all know how the reality of his personality and behavior conflicts with this tough guy act he puts on in his posts.
It's pathetic, but not unusual.
He wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
But he would spend a lot of time fantasizing, planning ways to take someone who is unsuspecting and unarmed [because he is a coward], and with some luck he could pull it off. Looks like he did.
If he had planned this crime for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if he anticipated the possibility of his posts being tracked eventually if he were ever suspected, so he threw in some minor foils here and there, IMO.
I do believe one thing he said, which is that he wanted a better life than that of his sister. I'm pleased to say he won't be getting it, most likely.

To each his own. I guess we need to be careful which sites we join, each is of a different nature as are people.

Has it been verified it is definitely McD? I have seen the SoL name used by various other people all over the place. I didn't know what it stood for, but it is not a rare name for online posting.

As verified as possible. I posted a link to a photo he posted on the site a while back. It matches up to other info we know to be true. There are also posts from ppl on there who met him IRL and they verified it's him.

In regards to the first link (where he discusses that you're only justified in using deadly force on someone if you were in fear for your life):

Good lord, he thinks he's so special, "impressing" all of these people with a general concept we learned the first week in crim law.:banghead: Also, I like how he gives the advice that you should basically "shut up" after an initial statement to the cops. Guess he didn't think that advice extended to talking to the media.

That is definitely a BS *advertiser censored** covering move on his part. I have had very long fingernails my entire life, since I was a child, and never ONCE have I scratched myself to that extent in my sleep or otherwise unless I was intentionally scratching a mosquito bite while AWAKE. Wow. Amazing treasure trove of information his online handle turned out to be!!!

ITA.

In that post he made on June 27th, 2011, he gave a reason for:

-Cutting his fingernails (which, by some accounts were always long)

-Having a scratch on his neck on June 27, 2011

-Not quite remembering what was going on (being smashed)

Prepubescent indicates they have not reached puberty yet. That would rule out teens. It would most likely indicate 12 or under.

I am behind on all the reading here. I have to get to work now. If it is slow enough, I will try to access the links. May be blocked at work.

It sounds like this is more of what I have been looking for in his history. Can't wait to explore it. Has it been verified it is definitely McD? I have seen the SoL name used by various other people all over the place. I didn't know what it stood for, but it is not a rare name for online posting.

That's what I thought but it indicated 18 and under as well???

Only 7 counts becuase they probably couldn't tell what age they were in the images?

Sick

I concur. MaconMom deserves a Super Sleuth award for this discovery. :goldcrown:
And a cupcake for those who were so quick with the links.
:cupcake:

I agree, and hats off to Backwoods for finding that recent comment on the old interview news article, that lead to SoL and to you, Bessie, for discussing that it had a ring of truth, because, it certainly did, and was enough for MaconMom to whittle it down. Good job team!:woohoo:

So, now we all know that this exists and I know LE know that this exists....but other than that one comment that Backwoods alerted us to, do you guys think that this is "out" to the general public yet? I know nothing has been said about it in my circle who is in the "know" about this murder and I haven't spoken with anyone about it today outside of this site. Does anyone have a grasp of the real life/public knowledge of it yet?

That's what I thought but it indicated 18 and under as well???

Only 7 counts becuase they probably couldn't tell what age they were in the images?

Sick

Unfortunately, I have seen a lot of this kind of material. Websites like 4chan frequently have posters who just loooove posting CP because the prevailing mentality of that forum is utterly infantile, they think it's funny, ironic, and proof of their disregard for...decency.
It can be quite difficult to discern the ages of some of the children depicted, but again unfortunately, it is often all to clear :sick:
Until a person sees this stuff with their own eyes, the true horror of it cannot be adequately verbalized. It's abominable.

WOW Maconmom !!!!!
icon14.gif

So is McD also on the OPERATORchan FB Page? It looks like members are "reporting in". Code names or numbers being used to identify themselves? Also some other (likes) sites. Short on time today, good job everyone, thanks for posting the direct links to his posts.

https://www.facebook.com/operatorchan?sk=wall

ITA.

In that post he made on June 27th, 2011, he gave a reason for:

-Cutting his fingernails (which, by some accounts were always long)

-Having a scratch on his neck on June 27, 2011

-Not quite remembering what was going on (being smashed)
BBM: I believe he was referring to the spider being smashed.

Just because these crimes were inadvertently discovered during the investigation of another crime are you suggesting that LE shoudln't do anything about them? There are VICTIMS of these crimes - they deserve to have the perpetrator of the crimes against them prosecuted just as Lauren does. I don't think its a strategic move for LE at all. I think its simply time for McD to pay up for his crimes. Unfortunately for him, his pridefulness made him believe he could get away with it, but instead its all crumbling down around him.
<modsnip>
I am NOT suggesting that LE should do nothing about this newly discovered crime.

My suggestion is that the child *advertiser censored* charges are not of the same huge magnitude as the case LE is trying to make against SMD for felony/murder. I have no doubt that Winters & Patterson/Burns thought carefully before obtaining and serving this warrant about the impact of these new charges on the most important, most astonishing, and most memorable investigation/prosecution of their careers. The purpose of my post was to explore what they (LE) might have been thinking, intending.

And, besides, this thread is titled "Found Deceased - Lauren Giddings" so I take it that our primary common interest is how any information about SMD relates to the subject of our common interest. I doubt many of us would be posting or reading if the thread were titled "Found on Flash Drive of Law Graduate - Child *advertiser censored*." Just putting these things into proportion, Colonel. It's OK to be outraged about child *advertiser censored*, but it's not enough.

My first thought, and if you go back and read the first thread right after the interview aired, you'll see how strongly a few of us reacted to the "little handgun" comment with the unconscious finger to head gesture. The sound of the alarms going off in my head was deafening.

Oh yes, bessie..you indeed speak the gospel truth above.. it was like a 5 alarm fire with all the bells and whistles that were sounding!! I believe it was you, myself, and one other member who actually I've not seen post since the beginning..but definitely remember that both you and I heard the sirens wailing when watching the video footage of the baby faced young man with the voluminous mane.. I remember making a remark about a particular surge that hit me with him having even raised his hand and actually made the small gun demo with his hand when going into the higher pitched wail of.."oh why didn't she come to me?..I could've helped..I could've done something.. I mean I've got this little handgun[hand goes up with his handgun demo] that I use for "defense" and I could've lent it to her..oh why??..[even higher pitched wails with wrinkling of the forehead repeatedly]..

I swear I only was able to watch that video twice and then once of the full three part segment eventually spliced together and posted..due to only being via mobile at the time and having buffering issues.. But the first time I watched it.. it was etched in my brain due to it raising such alarms on multiple fronts immediately!!

And now this find from MaconMom{again Thanks for sharing}..yes indeed a treasure trove but extremely disturbing to literally see it there in black and white just how this man's thought processes and extreme desensitized nature are bone chilling!!!..and angering!!..AAArrrrggghh!!!

I have seen a few different references for SM frequenting the Outback Steakhouse, fwiw.

There may not be any secret strategic reason behind the timing of the child *advertiser censored* charges. <snipped>

So I'm probably trying to read too much into too little data here, but if option #2 is what LE are going with, maybe the child *advertiser censored* charges are a way of convincing McDaniel to give up any lingering hope of just a life sentence. With seven charges of child *advertiser censored*, if the sentences are not concurrently imposed, then McDaniel gets a minimum sentence of 35 years in prison, likely more. Already, the potential 30 years are off the table. If McDaniel's shot at a life sentence can be eroded down to nothing, then his options are down to two: life without parole, or death penalty.

I still think the plan is to go for the death penalty, though. In which case, the real reason behind the child *advertiser censored* charges is probably just, "Why not?" Keep throwing stuff at McDaniel, and eventually he will lose any chance of the jury viewing him as an awkward kid that somehow got in way over his head, of someone who made horrible choices, but, prior to this point in his life, was otherwise normal. Instead, the LE can show McDaniel is basically a rabid dog. And there's only one thing you can do with those.

Dead on, Hyrax. I think this explanation of why the new charges now is the most likely I've heard or considered. Well explained, too. Thanks!

If anyone finds interesting threads, please post them. I'm computer illiterate and have trouble navigating the "operator" site. I even tried googling "site: operatorchan.org SoL" as someone suggested, but it's not working for me.

http://operatorchan.org/cp/arch/res/2629.html
10/01/17(Sun)04:44 No. 2637 ID: 39b29a

Here, he's making up his own ending to a story it appears someone else made up in a previous post.
Not sure what to say about it, except it's another glimpse into his twisted mind...

INteresting thought. What makes HIM a murderer as opposed to all those other sickos on those sites and not to mention Stephen KING and All the other writers out there? One of those comments sounded like the movie "MYSERY" by KING starring kathy bates where she broke his kneecaps. All sick, so now, where do you draw the line between murderers/sickos and just plain entertainment? Certainly he crossed the line but how is one to know who will and who won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!