GA - Marsha, Erin, & Chris Edwards, Murder/Suicide, Atlanta, 21 August 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dr. Oz Show on October 3rd:

Friend of Chris went to a baseball game with him a day or so before. Met Marsha once in Detroit, and once in Miami where she was there weeks before the shootings to support her son. Friend said no obvious signs of anything wrong with Marsha. He didn't hear any gossip that the Dad had a gf or anything like that.

Judith Joseph, clinical psychologist gave the usual theories saying usually it has to be something EXTREME that causes these unspeakable acts. It could be something out of desperation. She considers Marsha might have been self-medicating plus suffering extreme depression. But what she said next made me think that this might have been planned.

The psychologist was asked if this was pre-meditated. She said the "Bucket List Trips" and the slight change in tone on social media looking back on having the "best kids a mother could want" might point to that.

Nancy Grace wants to know why the ex-husband called for help to check on his son instead of going there. Nancy wants to know if something pushed Marsha over the edge. She wants to know why and bets lots of family want to know why to have some kind of understanding.

Now, I don't know if Dr. Oz is cut out for being a crime show host, just my opinion though. This I find odd and somewhat inappropriate - Dr. Oz's site is going to post all the fb pics we've seen and urges people to call in if they know anything more.

Dr. Oz Show on October 3rd:

Friend of Chris went to a baseball game with him a day or so before. Met Marsha once in Detroit, and once in Miami where she was there weeks before the shootings to support her son. Friend said no obvious signs of anything wrong with Marsha. He didn't hear any gossip that the Dad had a gf or anything like that.

Judith Joseph, clinical psychologist gave the usual theories saying usually it has to be something EXTREME that causes these unspeakable acts. It could be something out of desperation. She considers Marsha might have been self-medicating plus suffering extreme depression. But what she said next made me think that this might have been planned.

The psychologist was asked if this was pre-meditated. She said the "Bucket List Trips" and the slight change in tone on social media looking back on having the "best kids a mother could want" might point to that.

Nancy Grace wants to know why the ex-husband called for help to check on his son instead of going there. Nancy wants to know if something pushed Marsha over the edge. She wants to know why and bets lots of family want to know why to have some kind of understanding.

Now, I don't know if Dr. Oz is cut out for being a crime show host, just my opinion though. This I find odd and somewhat inappropriate - Dr. Oz's site is going to post all the fb pics we've seen and urges people to call in if they know anything more.
If this is solved.
Murder suicide-
Why are they asking for any further information?
Moo

If this is solved.
Murder suicide-
Why are they asking for any further information?
Moo

IF Nancy Grace is correct, that the ex husband sent the police to do a wellness check, that there IS definitely 'something' being kept quiet. If so, why?/who?/what? ??

She got that info. from a 'source' supposedly within the police department.

Seems the ex was only 30 minutes away but sent the police. hmmm

Hi Gngr!

May I ask what you mean when saying you are leaning toward domestic violence? Has there been any information about domestic violence by any family member?

Or do you mean maybe behind closed doors she was a mommie dearest to her two murdered children?

I'm just trying to understand how DV fits with her motive to murder both of her children.

Tia

Imo, I'm leaning more to her feeling she was losing her grasp on her adult children. WDK, but she could have been obsessively controlling all during their lives, even into adulthood.

They both sound like wonderful children who had such promising great futures.

But they were adults now, and may not have wanted to live in Atlanta forever where she lived.

Hadn't her ex husband also remarried? I may have that mixed up though.

Jmho

Ocean, your thoughts and Nancy Graces' are very similar. (Nancy was on Dr. Oz yesterday)

The empty nest syndrome, the fact that her son might be moving far away from her and soon, the daughter will finish college and move away.

It was stated that perhaps the mother felt it was better to take her children with her than leave them without their mother. Now, that blows my mind!! How self involved do you have to be to think your very successful, adult kids cannot/should not live without you??

Ocean, your thoughts and Nancy Graces' are very similar. (Nancy was on Dr. Oz yesterday)

The empty nest syndrome, the fact that her son might be moving far away from her and soon, the daughter will finish college and move away.

It was stated that perhaps the mother felt it was better to take her children with her than leave them without their mother. Now, that blows my mind!! How self involved do you have to be to think your very successful, adult kids cannot/should not live without you??
I can only imagine she was deeply troubled - to take one's children is so extreme IMO.

IF Nancy Grace is correct, that the ex husband sent the police to do a wellness check, that there IS definitely 'something' being kept quiet. If so, why?/who?/what? ??

She got that info. from a 'source' supposedly within the police department.

Seems the ex was only 30 minutes away but sent the police. hmmm

Hate to answer my own questions but it seems when the Doctor knew the son was absent from work and he couldn't reach any of the family, he sent the police. Not difficult Nancy.

I'd like to know where the gun came from and if Marsha bought it recently. Were her children sleeping when she shot them? Was her financial situation changing for some reason? Sure, I'd like to know how she felt about her life at that point. Did she resent her ex and want revenge? Did she talk to anyone about her real feelings?

None of these experts, the crime show hosts, guests, or psychologists have any real information so far. There's been no hint as to what was really going on in this woman's mind. They can try to guess it might have been empty nest syndrome or self-medicating, but there's not been a shred of information to support any theories so far. It's all conjecture!

Conjecture as a noun is an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
Conjecture as a verb is to form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.

Considering the sources ( Grace Oz) and the fact that there isn't much info to work with here . My best guess is the self promotion of these two people. We are never really going to know , nor do we need to know the motive of this sad crime. And the Dr. Certainly deserves his privacy to grieve his terrible loss.MOO

Considering the sources ( Grace Oz) and the fact that there isn't much info to work with here . My best guess is the self promotion of these two people. We are never really going to know , nor do we need to know the motive of this sad crime. And the Dr. Certainly deserves his privacy to grieve his terrible loss.MOO
Maybe you're correct , that we don't need to know the motive. Then again, it's a serious problem in our society, so it therefore is very difficult to ignore.
Not to mention, this tragic case was much more than just a suicide. Or at least what appeared to be a suicide. We're talking about two young adults, unsuspecting victims, who were cruelly shot to death. In cold blood.

My problem is, could this have been some sort of set up, to look like murder/suicide. I don't think it would have been the first time. JMO

Last edited:
Always possible to stage a crime scene. I suppose I am not good at being objective in this dv/ murder suicide situation. Lost my Mom to this ,at the hand of her husband. Sometimes there isn't an answer to why except in the mind of the killer MOO

Hate to answer my own questions but it seems when the Doctor knew the son was absent from work and he couldn't reach any of the family, he sent the police. Not difficult Nancy.

I know it was mentioned on here and in the news a lot about why he didn't go himself.

I honestly never found that part strange. He's a physician and I think he does surgeries as well. I'm in the medical field and it's just not a field where we can just leave for an hour and come back to our desk and stay an hour late to catch up on work.

There's a huge liability while in surgery as well as even for nurses in the OR or hospital.
Leaving = abandonment and possible criminal charges.

Just my opinion anyway.

The Dr Oz therapist also spoke about this might have happened because there was some 'big secret' about to come out and the mother was trying to protect her kids from that (plus mentally ill).

Her company only had 1 employee but it only had $ 200,000 gross sales IIRC. The mother had been nominated for the top 100 business women of the year. Most people have a little humility and don't publicize every award or trophy that they or the children receive but she did. She made sure to document every time that she took a plane from one location to another and all of the high-end restaurants , art shows, super bowls, baseball games, prom queens, politician and celebrity photos, the benefitis and ball gowns etc etc.

She lived in a 4 story townhouse in a gated community and flew all over the world.

Her daughter's heart was in NY and they all knew that she wasn't moving back to Atlanta.

We don't know the precise reason why but I believe that we can make some great guesses.

Unfortunately, there should be public records regarding her company and income and I don't think those records are public.

The Dr Oz therapist also spoke about this might have happened because there was some 'big secret' about to come out and the mother was trying to protect her kids from that (plus mentally ill).

Her company only had 1 employee but it only had $ 200,000 gross sales IIRC. The mother had been nominated for the top 100 business women of the year. Most people have a little humility and don't publicize every award or trophy that they or the children receive but she did. She made sure to document every time that she took a plane from one location to another and all of the high-end restaurants , art shows, super bowls, baseball games, prom queens, politician and celebrity photos, the benefitis and ball gowns etc etc.

She lived in a 4 story townhouse in a gated community and flew all over the world.

Her daughter's heart was in NY and they all knew that she wasn't moving back to Atlanta.

We don't know the precise reason why but I believe that we can make some great guesses.

Unfortunately, there should be public records regarding her company and income and I don't think those records are public.
Are you saying the public records on her company and income have been sealed or something? Tia

I 'think' that you have to go in person to the courthouse or pay for them. It's been a while but I would like to see any legal records regarding her company/townhouse or her.

I understand your concerns. I posted this halfway into this case. I found it very strange that ME got that award when her company sounded rather small and didn't generate much revenue.

My original post on her company:
There's still a question in my mind if ME had something to hide and didn't want her children left alive to discover something upon her death.

According to the Buzzfile site, ME's company called MME Enterprises LLC has been in business four years, employs one person, and has annual revenue of about $200,000. Gee, I thought it was a bigger company. That's not much revenue for such a lavish lifestyle.

Mme Enterprises, LLC

That spinal picture reminds me of her ex. I wonder if she did business in connection to her ex husband's businesses. She took a lot of vacations for a one person company. Write offs?

https://www.mmeenterprises.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back