GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was wandering around in the mountains for a few days only coming back to Atlanta on Friday. His old address on Clairmont Rd. is very close to this Chevron station. He may have thought he could mosey on back there but GBI caught him before. He probably didn't want or there wasn't available a car cleaning facility in north Georgia. It was very rural outside of the mountain and civilization where these things were available start at Cumming. Far northern suburb of Atlanta. The rest would be hit or miss and surely noticed. But, what he didn't count on is someone actually watching the news and he put his van at a very close facility to where people do watch the news and do watch the neighborhood. I can tell you I have reported things at Publix which is right across the way from this gas station that I have used for over a year.

He chose a familiar ground but people who live in the area know when things are odd.

I looked at the map and sure looks like a lot of mountains and woods around there. Very remote places.

I see your point lionheart, and he may have kept her for days. Or, the news coverage may have scared him into taking action and cleaning up his van when he may not have bothered had there no been so much coverage.

He may have been good and precise if he in fact quickly disabled Meredith. But, he was sloppy in the way that he disposed of her belongings and by keeping her dog for even any length of time. He was not even careful initially. Someone got his plate number, and he was described by more than one person as having been on the trail. He made a lot of mistakes, and I hope this proves to be his downfall.

Lion

WS is back up Woohoo!!! Here is a link to MrAllgood/Steve H's site: There was a really good discussion going on today about this case if you want to wander over and catch up. I have this guys rap sheet if you want me to post it. I think it's ok since he's now been charged?

I'll gather up and post some links regarding the Bryant case. I think they are connected. Everything so far is identical to Emerson's case.

A poster at Huff's also found a conviction for Hilton from Miami=Dade County. Felong theft from 1972. I've got it on the rap sheet.

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/01/mysteriously-missing-from-blood.html

Oh and the other van? It might have been the property abandoned on federal land that Hilton was recently ticketed for.

My opinion is you would try to clean things up with bleach at the time you would do something stupid... not wait days

ITA, lionheart. Bleach is probably not the first choice in cleaning products for a typical detail on one's vehicle. It smells bad, it is harsh, and it can bleach or damage certain interior fabric or leather.

Lion

ITA, lionheart. Bleach is probably not the first choice in cleaning products for a typical detail on one's vehicle. It smells bad, it is harsh, and it can bleach or damage certain interior fabric or leather.

Lion

very true.. he was looking for something fast I would think.. (peroxide and hot soapy water) ya know I still am praying he has her tied up somewhere with the missing seat belt from the back of van and she is alive and just hurt..

Hello, everyone at WebSleuths!!!! I missed you guys!!! Two things with this case alarm me. 1. The seat belt that was cut from his van and disposed of with blood evidence on it. You don't strap dead bodies into seat belts.....but you can harm someone that is strapped in. 2. He was seen on the trail with a sheath strapped on his leg. A knife? I am not liking where any of this is leading. It is also a case that illustrates the part of a civilized justice system I hate. Why can't they just torture him until he talks? If I were Meredith's family, I would want to pay his bail, and then get him out.....with me. I can't put in print what I would do - but I am pretty sure I could make him talk. *advertiser censored*.

I found a link to an image of the person who was believed to have used the Bryants ATM card after there was a dropped 911 call from one of the Bryant's cell phones. It was suggested that the image was that a a female. What are your thoughts on this? And, has any other more recent and/or accurate info been uncovered in the Bryant case to suggest it was a lone male responsible in the Bryant case?

ATM image

http://www.wyff4.com:80/slideshow/ne...10/detail.html

websleuths thread here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55895&highlight=Bryant

Lion

I have missed everyone so much. That wild about the Patrice connection. I remember that case well. I thought they had solved that one. I guess not huh?

I have to go give the kids a bath. This link to the Bryant case is fasinating. Haven't been over to Huff's site yet, but I will in an hour or so. Later guys! I AM SO GLAD WEBSLEUTHS IS BACK!!!! :)

very true.. he was looking for something fast I would think.. (peroxide and hot soapy water) ya know I still am praying he has her tied up somewhere with the missing seat belt from the back of van and she is alive and just hurt..

I'm so glad the site is back up! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I believe the missing seat belt is the one that was found with blood transfer in the dumpster with her clothes and ID.

Wasn't the missing seat belt from the rear seat of GH's van found in the dumpster along with Meredith's 3 blood stained fleece shirts? I think that has been reported. Can anyone confirm this?

We want so much for there to still be hope that Meredith is alive, and there still may be a very, very remote chance that she is alive. But, it is doubtful. Killers usually dump/get rid of evidence after they kill their victims, and there is just so much that points to her being murdered.

If that was her blood on those fleeces, and it will likely be confirmed, then where is she? At the very least she was injured. It has been days, and GH is now in custody, yet Meredith has not been found alive. I have the awful feeling that he killed her soon after he abducted her as they often do.

This is just a feeling, and it is not fact. I am just going by what abductors that kill usually do. Abductors who plan to kill usually do so within 24 hours. In fact most are dead within 3 hours of abduction. The rare cases where victims are kept alive for longer than that, or even kept for years can be counted easily. We hear about them, and we keep hope in our hearts. But, I am prepared for the worst outcome here. That poor lovely young lady and her family and friends. I cannot imagine what they are going through.

Lion

If you haven't done so yet, go look at the map Steve made showing the locations related to the Bryant and Emerson cases. They do not show the current info since the arrest. I think Christine has made a map and will hopefully post it. Note how close location B (bryant ATM pics) and C (where Emerson went missing) are. From Huff's site:

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/01/mysteriously-missing-from-blood.html

Map showing the route from Brevard, NC, where the Bryants vanished, to Ducktown, TN, where the mysterious ATM footage was recorded, to Blairsville, the site of Meredith Emerson's disappearance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...60175&sspn=0.981703,1.867676&ie=UTF8&z=9&om=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back