Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If grandma has custody of the boys, that explains why there is a babysitter. If she didn't trust mom's care during the days, she would have them go elsewhere to a sitter while she (grandma) was working or busy.
If grandma had custody, and she does not trust the mothers care and wants to evict the mother, it does not explain why grandma was working out of town for 3 weeks. The babysitter clearly was not there for overnights. Working away from home for weeks when caring for 2 kids under 3 is something. I know there were other adults, but it does point to trusting the mother at least a little to care for the kids.I wonder what grandma was planning for childcare once the daughter was evicted, or whether working away for 3 weeks was not typical and she just did it this one time.

If grandma had custody, and she does not trust the mothers care and wants to evict the mother, it does not explain why grandma was working out of town for 3 weeks. The babysitter clearly was not there for overnights. Working away from home for weeks when caring for 2 kids under 3 is something. I know there were other adults, but it does point to trusting the mother at least a little to care for the kids.I wonder what grandma was planning for childcare once the daughter was evicted, or whether working away for 3 weeks was not typical and she just did it this one time.
I found that troubling also. Who was going to be watching the boys with mom gone?

Sad to type this, but if Quinton was placed in the trash right before pickup, they need to look in the landfill.
And still -- he may never be found.
Let's say something accidental happened, like he fell into the pool , or ingested medication ?
Why hide him, if this is the awful scenario ?
People are in much less trouble if they call 911, & try to revive him , then if they hide his body.

I believe LE aren't leaning towards a kidnapping or that he wandered off.
M00
Terrible to think about a landfill search, but in a situation like this, I think it will happen if Quinton is not soon found if not already. A landfill search would be controlled by LE. I live within easy driving distance of Savannah and go there often. I think several posters are very familiar with the area. I go into Savannah using I-16. There is a tremendous amount of road construction, building construction, and retention ponds currently being built or dug on both sides of I-16 into and out of Savannah. Lots of earth moving equipment sitting around unattended. This is due to the growth of the Savannah ports. It would be hard or next to impossible to coordidnate a search of all these areas. Pray Quinton comes home soon.

My heart goes out to this grandmother…it really does.

in my opinion, she had a routine setup with a reliable babysitter and didn't want it changed. That’s why the children were still going to the sitter with Mom around. Mom was just temporarily there…the sitter was to be permanently part of her arrangement. The Grandmother relied on that sitter, didn’t want to mess up their arrangement. It did not necessarily reflect on her trust toward her daughter…..whether deserved or not.

I think the daughter and boyfriend were only supposed to be short=term …until they could find their own place with their new baby. Another burden this Grandmother took on. But when tensions flared, she used a little tough love to get them moving…hence the legal manuvers.

I can understand that she might be wanting them out…but yet not see anything that made her concerned for the children. in my opinion, she never thought that that her absence put the children at any risk.

In addition to raising grandchildren, taking in the daughter, boyfriend, and new baby…she has (needs) a job to help provide the money for all this. She wasn’t on a three week vacation in the Bahamas.

i cannot imagine how she dealt with all this emotionally and physically before this Baby went missing…but it must be horrific now.

all just my opinions..

Last edited:
The last time I saw something like this the boyfriend had rage issues and the mother had codependence issues with a heaping dose of emotional/physical abuse. Amazing that a mother would lie to authorities about her child being murdered by a man with the emotionally maturity of a ticked off toddler, but it sure happened in that case.

JMO.

Contract welders are usually gone for several weeks on an out of state contract gig. Very few are lucky enough to have a 9-5 local fabrication job that puts them home every night.

IMO she might have been having babysitting issues the whole time she had the boys? Does Granddad work? Tough being a foster parent with those kind of job demands. Was she the only one named or was step GF named as foster parent also?
Lol, have no idea what’s going on with my post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz