Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its an irrelevant or petty observation.

I can easily see a parent not being able to remember the exact top and bottom a toddler was wearing as once matching tops and bottoms disappear into the laundry deep void and mismatches become common.

But... I cant see many parents describing pajamas as "black pants". Likewise, I cant see too many parents letting a child sleep the night with pajama tops and pants bottoms (though I am sure it does occur).

Maybe a Freudian slip indicating that the toddler was being dressed for travel?
If it were me, I would say "Sesame Street pajamas - blue shirt with x character and y character, solid black pants. Pants were z type of fabric (thick like sweats? Thin like t-shirt?)"

Basically, start with a general broad stroke and then get more descriptive and detailed about each piece. That is just me, though, and I don't think there is anything strange about what he was described as wearing or how it was described.

Last edited:
I had 3 babies in 3 years, too, just a few years ago (now 6, 5, 3.5 - and 1), so here's my interpretation of Q's sleeping situation. IMO he was in a pack 'n play - slightly different from a play pen, but similar function, enough so that someone (grandma? babysitter? LE media liason?) who had their babies more than, say, 15 or so years ago may very well call it a "play pen." I know I've heard older generations refer to them that way in real life. I have also seen programs that give new/expectant mothers in need a pack 'n play for completing some sort of classes or program. Think more of a small folding crib than a roomy space to play.

A pack 'n play mattress is 36" x 24", definitely too small for 2 toddlers (e.g., Q and Z) to be put to sleep in it at the same time, and I don't think I know a 3 year-old who would stay in one. A 20 month old...maybe? Depends on their climbing skills. Pack 'n plays are great for travel, portability, OR for if you have both a toddler and a baby who need a contained place to sleep. That's my guess, that they didn't want, or couldn't fit, a second crib when baby sister came along when Q was still a baby himself. All MOO as a mom of lots of littles.

I just read the whole thread. I saw that they drained the pool on Twitter. I have questions, but I'm afraid I probably already know the answers.

The house reminds me of the Amityville Horror house (112 Ocean Ave, Amityville, NY?). The shape of it.

Bringing this forward.
If anyone didn’t get the chance to listen in, GH plays video of babysitter and she discloses many things. One being the day before (I believe) of Quinton having belt marks on his arm and neck.
You would hope that a daycare provider would report suspicious marks to the appropriate agency.

That 5:30-ish text to the babysitter is what pinpoints the case for me. The rest could be reasonably explained away as an accident or even - God forbid - a home invasion and kidnapping. But that text...

JMO.
"Mom" obviously didn't want the sitter because little Quinton was already gone. D'oh. She panicked and didn't have time to make up a good excuse for why Quinton wasn't there. Plus, she may well have been afraid of what the other kids might say -- if the other kids were there and around the sitter and knew something was probably wrong. Guessing mom told the other children what she told police.
That call to the sitter wasn't well thought out, but panic drove the bus, STS.

In CA they are mandated reporters. I have no idea how it works in GA.

I don't know if the babysitter in this case would be a mandated reporter because she's not an employee of a daycare facility or any kind of formal/professional child caregiver.

There is a list of who is a mandated reporter in Georgia on this site, under the section called "Who Must Report" - GA Mandated Reporter Information

"Mom" obviously didn't want the sitter because little Quinton was already gone. D'oh. She panicked and didn't have time to make up a good excuse for why Quinton wasn't there. Plus, she may well have been afraid of what the other kids might say -- if the other kids were there and around the sitter and knew something was probably wrong. Guessing mom told the other children what she told police.
That call to the sitter wasn't well thought out, but panic drove the bus, STS.
BBM
The 5.29am text wasn't from mother, babysitter has said many times it was from the boyfriend.

Just wondering here -- bloodhounds (and perhaps other scent dogs) were brought out to help search -- if they hit on something, I assume LE, etc., would jump all over it.

My question -- if the child had been buried, how deep would a hole have to be so that the hounds would not be able to detect a body? Hounds and other such search dogs are pretty darn good.
Please excuse this awful question, but my research into this question provided no help or examples.

I don't know if the babysitter in this case would be a mandated reporter because she's not an employee of a daycare facility or any kind of formal/professional child caregiver.

There is a list of who is a mandated reporter in Georgia on this site, under the section called "Who Must Report" - GA Mandated Reporter Information

I would have thought if she was as concerned as she keeps telling press etc that she was, then she'd have reported her concerns to children's services? Mandated or not, anyone can report concerns about any child, at any time but apparently she didn't. Instead she said she had text grandmother about some concerns and didn't get any responses.

Poor little one was failed by many, many people imo moo jmo

BBM
The 5.29am text wasn't from mother, babysitter has said many times it was from the boyfriend.
We were theorizing that it could have been bio mom using the phone of BF, given that it was just a text. (5:29). Then, at roughly 9 am the BF did text babysitter and the babysitter called him via voice mail.

Just looking at it from the possible innocence of the BF.

Just wondering here -- bloodhounds (and perhaps other scent dogs) were brought out to help search -- if they hit on something, I assume LE, etc., would jump all over it.

My question -- if the child had been buried, how deep would a hole have to be so that the hounds would not be able to detect a body? Hounds and other such search dogs are pretty darn good.
Please excuse this awful question, but my research into this question provided no help or examples.
also i am not sure bloodhounds are synonymous w cadaver dogs/

Do we know if Quinton and Zayne have the same father. I think someone has indicated 3 different fathers... but I am not sure.

This is going to be very very painful....
With lots of legal ramifications..

My guess is there is a lot of family history that is going to enter into decisions as to who gets these kids.
But WHO is taking care of them right NOW?

moo
The children all have different fathers.

Babysitter introduced at around 1:07 but does not start properly until around 1:14.
I tried to watch the YouTube piece but I find GH extremely difficult to watch. What did the grandma say that is in support of Quintin’s mom? Did the babysitter report the belt marks? I did hear the babysitter notifying the grandma about general concerns.

So this article states that LE does have new evidence (not disclosed), little Q's grandmother did in fact have custody of both boys and that "Court documents show Leilani Simon had been to court and knew she would be ordered to pay. The judge’s ruling was signed exactly one week before Quinton disappeared and filed the morning of his disappearance.
The third page of the court order said, “Lelani Simon would have to start paying child support on November 1st and wouldn’t stop until the boys turned 18, married, became emancipated or died.”"

Could be a motive, but I hope not.

So this article states that LE does have new evidence (not disclosed), little Q's grandmother did in fact have custody of both boys and that "Court documents show Leilani Simon had been to court and knew she would be ordered to pay. The judge’s ruling was signed exactly one week before Quinton disappeared and filed the morning of his disappearance.
The third page of the court order said, “Lelani Simon would have to start paying child support on November 1st and wouldn’t stop until the boys turned 18, married, became emancipated or died.”"

Could be a motive, but I hope not.
We've certainly seen that as a motive before, although I don't recall the mom ever killing a child over child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4