Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are waiting for someone to talk and I hope that day will come soon.

JMO
I just hope if that is the case they find enough to put some pressure on otherwise why would anyone talk if they think they will get away with it. If anyone was going to talk voluntarily wouldn't they have done so by now, maybe not. Someone must know something.

They are taping black plastic to the windows of the home.
Wow. Things seem to be taking a dark turn and I don't just mean the windows. From your link:

"We want to make sure we get it right, we want to make sure we do this as professionally and as expertly as we can, so if we have to prosecute anyone in this case, that we've done it right, and we don't lose evidence," said Hadley.
Wednesday morning. Multiple FBI agents were observed taping dark plastic to the windows.

"We're trying to re-double our efforts and scrub the area to make sure that we didn't miss anything," said Hadley.
While CCPD continues the investigation, Hadley said they are working on obtaining and executing additional search warrants. On Friday, a search warrant was issued for the pool behind the house.
I know the court ordered child support payments are only $150 a month but it's worth noting that the judgment came shortly before Quinton disappeared. Add to that the eviction notice by the grandmother and it's a good bet tempers have been flying in the house. Not a good environment for three little kids who need the adults to keep them safe and cared for. MOO.

wow, read the fine print, the penalties. Loss of assets, professional licenses including DL, A 22 year old woman who has chosen to put herself into that position....2 kids to pay child support on, eviction and facing housing bills, another kid with BF, even with the least expensive baby sitter on earth, she must feel very trapped. And if the BF walks, who would be paying all that if she doesn't work. (Not that I think someone with 3 kids under 3 years can easily work). But what else are her relatives supposed to do? I wouldn't want to be anywhere near all those decisions.

Last edited:
I just hope if that is the case they find enough to put some pressure on otherwise why would anyone talk if they think they will get away with it. If anyone was going to talk voluntarily wouldn't they have done so by now, maybe not. Someone must know something.
I think after day 6 of LE focus on them, nerves must be running thin. Also, LS and DY have had 6 days to tell stories to LE and each day, they need to keep all those stories straight. Her family admits she is prone to lying.

IMO at some point she will break and tell LE what she knows and I think she knows plenty.

JMO

I would have thought verbal permission by the homeowner would allow them to search, but it sounds like local LE are dotting every I and crossing every T in their investigation.

MOO
With so many péople possibly in the house now, with competing interests, maybe there would be conflict between the wishes of the owners and that of the "renters", something like that. Getting a search warrant avoids all that potential legal challenge to evidence collected.

This may have already been discussed but these things were red flags for me (1) Quinton lives with Mom and boyfriend and the grandparents but his grandparents have legal custody and (2) the caregiver watches him early in the morning even if the mother is not working. Childcare is not cheap - I don't understand why he would need a babysitter if his Mom was home and not working (unless she works nights and might be sleeping that early in the morning). Praying for this little guy. Georgia, FBI searching for missing toddler whose babysitter reports 'odd' text before disappearance

Casey Anthony's only charge she was found guilty of was lying to LE.
I've been wondering the very same thing. Why don't they take the mother in for lying about the baby being picked up by the bio father. It was a blatant lie.
Do we know for certain that she stated it as a fact as opposed to saying something like "maybe his real dad came and took him" - more like a suggestion/misdirection?

I'm not saying that would make it any better, but it might make the difference in being able to charge her for it. I also think if they could charge her, it might be a last dirch effort thing - they might just be saving that for later.

I agree. LE has played this one really by the book so far it seems. With getting warrants and things early on, instead of just getting verbal approval for searching the home. So I am thinking the statements of no foul play right now, is more of a legal thing than them actually believing that. Otherwise, why were they doing photos in the rooms with lights off, and checking landfills, and garbage's?
Seems to me, LE would check for blood at the house, and probably also in any vehicles (lights off, luminol, photos -- after getting a Search Warrant, of course) and also checking landfills, etc., as a usual protocol. They need to be able to rule things out, if possible.
Hoping we'll see more details sooner than later, but it might be delayed until someone is arrested & charged with murder -- if that's what occurred here.
I'm thinking LE suspected foul play early rather than late, and that is one reason this investigation is taking the time that we've seen so far.
So glad they are all being so careful and bringing on the heavy-duty personnel to help.
Hoping for good news, but...

I am really praying for this little guy Quinton, although I don't have high hopes.

Why do poor defenceless children have to suffer in these cases?

The 5.29am text makes me think a spur of the moment rage/accident happened overnight and LE are hot on the trail now.

Classic
wow, read the fine print, the penalties. Loss of assets, professional licenses including DL, A 22 year old woman who has chosen to put herself into that position....2 kids to pay child support on, eviction and facing housing bills, another kid with BF, even with the least expensive baby sitter on earth, she must feel very trapped. And if the BF walks, who would be paying all that if she doesn't work. (Not that I think someone with 3 kids under 3 years can easily work). But what else are her relatives supposed to do? I wouldn't want to be anywhere near all those decisions.
Unsustainable situation. Classic CPS scenario. And who is to say it stops at 3 children? Mother is only 22. Grandmother has/had custody of two of her daughter's children under the age of 5.

As always, it's the children who suffer. And now one is probably dead.

What is the significance of taping black plastic over the windows? Praying for a miracle but it doesn't look hopeful with all of the reports I've read.

LE are likely using Luminol to test for blood, blood pattern, blood splatter , etc.
Luminol is used in a dark area. It glows when it detects blood .
If detected, samples can be collected and tested to see who the fluids match.

JMO

EBM spelling and mistake in information

Last edited:
This may have already been discussed but these things were red flags for me (1) Quinton lives with Mom and boyfriend and the grandparents but his grandparents have legal custody and (2) the caregiver watches him early in the morning even if the mother is not working. Childcare is not cheap - I don't understand why he would need a babysitter if his Mom was home and not working (unless she works nights and might be sleeping that early in the morning). Praying for this little guy. Georgia, FBI searching for missing toddler whose babysitter reports 'odd' text before disappearance
My interpretation of what I have read is that Grandma has custody of grandsons Q & Z, both under age 5 & she is about 45 yo. They lived with her (plus her husband and son) and the neighbor was a reliable baby sitter.

At some point her 22 yo pregnant daughter & daughter's boyfriend moved in (maybe after the baby was born?). The grandmother was probably (justifiably!) worried about the care of the baby girl so threw caution to the wind.

Daughter & her boyfriend are causing problems for grandmother (& maybe others in the home) so she gets an eviction order then leaves the state for a 3-week job.

Other than the existing babysitter arrangement, it is unclear to me who was taking care of Q & Z in the grandmother's absence.

What did the grandmother expect to happen in her absence when the parents of the baby are evicted? What about the baby? Was grandmother seeking custody of that child as well?

What plan was in place to care for & protect the toddlers when the person who has accepted legal responsibility for them is absent?

Where is Z right now & who is caring for him? Who is caring for the baby? I don't think we can assume anything!

It is really not that complicated. But it is a mess. In my view, a very avoidable mess. And looking like a criminal mess.

MOO

My interpretation of what I have read is that Grandma has custody of grandsons Q & Z, both under age 5 & she is about 45 yo. They lived with her (plus her husband and son) and the neighbor was a reliable baby sitter.

At some point her 22 yo pregnant daughter & daughter's boyfriend moved in (maybe after the baby was born?). The grandmother was probably (justifiably!) worried about the care of the baby girl so threw caution to the wind.

Daughter & her boyfriend are causing problems for grandmother (& maybe others in the home) so she gets an eviction order then leaves the state for a 3-week job.

Other than the existing babysitter arrangement, it is unclear to me who was taking care of Q & Z in the grandmother's absence.

What did the grandmother expect to happen in her absence when the parents of the baby are evicted? What about the baby? Was grandmother seeking custody of that child as well?

What plan was in place to care for & protect the toddlers when the person who has accepted legal responsibility for them is absent?

Where is Z right now & who is caring for him? Who is caring for the baby? I don't think we can assume anything!

It is really not that complicated. But it is a mess. In my view, a very avoidable mess. And looking like a criminal mess.

MOO

The Grandma certainly understands that her daughter has issues. She took custody of the kids because their Bio-mom was not doing her job. As far as what she thought would happen?
My guess:

The neighbor would be there to care for the children as always and she would come home to a house with all of her grandkids, alive and healthy like she left them

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member