Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind is going maybe he did see him at 6am, but was he 'asleep' in the playpen? Was he awake? I know people don't want to go there but Grandma should NEVER have left after the child support order AND serving eviction. She had to know L would be angry. Move those kids over to babysitter for the whole time. I know hindsight is 20/20 but i've evicted people from houses i manage... they do NOT take it well. I think she knows what happened and is now in protect the daughter mode, just like Cindy Anthony. She doesn't want to lose everyone.
I get this. I empathize with the urge. She was probably the only income-earner in the home. This strikes me as a woman who has worked hard to keep it together when those around her acted like a tide sucking progress out to sea. Can see where it is difficult to understand the choices made from a more stable vantage point. I think you are exactly right with that thought around fearing losing everyone now.

So many marshes and other random, isolated wetlands in and around Savannah that I doubt that pools, dry brush/wooded areas, trashcans, or other 'conventional' murder disposal locations would be useful to - and likely not even considered by - someone looking to hide a body. A marsh would swallow up a body quickly, and leave no outwardly trace. No vultures - nothing.

JMO.

I get this. I empathize with the urge. She was probably the only income-earner in the home. This strikes me as a woman who has worked hard to keep it together when those around her acted like a tide sucking progress out to sea. Can see where it is difficult to understand the choices made from a more stable vantage point. I think you are exactly right with that thought around fearing losing everyone now.

I thought her husband was a welder also. I don't think she was the only income earner. And the other son? Is he like the daughter? They bought that house recently... (almost 2 yrs).

Two thoughts/questions: perhaps Grandma left town to work and assumed her husband could oversee the care the daughter/babysitter were providing to the children? or was he also out of town? I believe there was another (trusted??) adult male (Grandma’s son?) living there too? Maybe Grandma thought she left things in reasonable order, while she had to go to work and earn a living. Second, wondering what the web search activity of the Mom and BF shows around the time Q went missing…the comment about marshes, etc made me think that someone might look for ideas in a panic (or not in a panic).

Valid enough, as theories go
What if an event of note occurred the night before?
What if an event of note occurred days before?
Curious: what is the last confirmed sighting of this little boy? Confirmed as in: by a member of the community who does not live in this home?
IMO, the last non-family member to see Quinton was the night before when the babysitter dropped them off.

I'd be looking at any activity after that.

JMO

Valid enough, as theories go
What if an event of note occurred the night before?
What if an event of note occurred days before?
Curious: what is the last confirmed sighting of this little boy? Confirmed as in: by a member of the community who does not live in this home?
babysitter around 430pm the night before.

I may have missed it, but aren't they a 2 income family? Has it been reported that the grandma is supporting Quinton’s mom?
Thanks.

bringing forward, I didn't see it here but I may have missed it.
Investigators used a pump to drain the swimming pool in the backyard of Quinton’s grandparents’ home. That pool and the home are two of the places Chatham County Investigators and federal agents are searching again.
Video from the same news source

So many marshes and other random, isolated wetlands in and around Savannah that I doubt that pools, dry brush/wooded areas, trashcans, or other 'conventional' murder disposal locations would be useful to - and likely not even considered by - someone looking to hide a body. A marsh would swallow up a body quickly, and leave no outwardly trace. No vultures - nothing.

JMO.
@DocBrew hadn’t thought about the marsh/swamp conditions in that area swallowing up what’s at its surface … such a good point by you, and in favor of LE acting as quickly as possible …

ADMIN NOTE
There is now a dedicated Timeline/Media/Maps thread NO DISCUSSION for Quinton here:
GA - GA - Quinton Simon, 1, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022 TIMELINE/MEDIA/MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

A link will be placed on the opening post of this thread.
Member @wnk‘s Timeline has been copied onto the Timeline thread.
Members may add adjustments in subsequent posts.
Please remember there is NO DISCUSSION or comments allowed in this thread, only links, maps and timelines,

I know this isn't the same situation, but this is the unnoticed pool drowning that remains with me.

I was in my third year of teaching in NYC, and we used to take our 8th grade students to Dorney Park for their graduation trip.

Then this happened.

A 14-year old poor swimmer, stuck in the giant wave pool, who was NOT noticed by his teachers nor by the assistant principal when they left to go home with the other students. NOT noticed by the lifeguards who had a training session immediately after Dorney closed, in the very same wave pool. He was stuck in the drain and not seen until a maintenance man found him.

I have never been able to comprehend how teachers could leave without accounting for every student, nor how the lifeguards did not notice that someone went down but didn't come up, and they didn't explore when some kids started shouting that someone was drowning.

That haunts me every time there is a child dead in a pool and no one noticed.

Not saying Quinton is in the pool, in the drain, but I do wonder how that wasn't thoroughly searched immediately. Whether he may have wandered in unsupervised, or was destructively thrown there, an unguarded pool is one of the first places that should be searched. Thoroughly.

IMO

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

~2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18@1:35)

~Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

~Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")
GrandmaBJH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

~Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")
SitterDM began watching Q & Z (9@0:28)

~summer 2022 ("within the past couple of months")
MomLS moved in with her mother GrandmaBJH (14)
MomLS gave birth to Q's younger sister (14)

Wed Sep 7
MomLS called police during argument with GrandmaBJH, during which MomLS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble and MomLS's brother stated that MomLS had history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
GrandmaBJH filed eviction notice for MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
GrandmaBJH left for 3-week work assignment in IL, hoping to get back before evicted daughter MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY presumably received eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

Tue Oct 4
SitterDM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9@0:30)

WEDN OCT 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
search incl. residence & neighborhood - drone, K9, dive team, helicopter

• 5:29AM - SitterDM received text [from MomLS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9@0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by MomsBoyfriendDY (14) when he left for work that morning (22) and by MomLS, who told police she saw him in his playpen (25@0:45); According to StepGrandpaTH (who owns the house but was out of town; GrandmaBJH was still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: MomLS, MomsBoyfriendDY, 3 kids, MomsBrother (7)
  • 9:00AM - SitterDM received text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she'd seen them, but when she went to residence to help search, she was turned away (9@1:03)
  • [TIME?] - GrandmaBJH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from SitterDM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17@2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by MomLS (1) who said she "woke up, her door was open... thinks someone came in and took him" (32@0:13)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - CCPD state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - CCPD state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - CCPD state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - StepGrandpaTH arrived home from out of town (16@0:02)
  • 3:33PM - ChiefJH met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - CCPD state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7) - possibly to search pool, which is included in later list of locations searched within first five days (25@0:55)
  • 10:08PM - CCPD state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10@1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & CCPD search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted BioDad and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10@0:34), despite MomLS telling StepGrandpaTH that BioDad came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
search incl. neighborhood, trash cans, sheds on grandparents' other property, "other locations" - ATVs

• 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17@1:35)
  • 3:30AM - GrandmaBJH arrived home (16@0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - CCPD states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17@1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including SitterDM's (12) and locked sheds on StepGrandpaTH's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18@0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - GrandmaBJH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16@1:09)
  • AM - ChiefJH states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17@0:35)
  • AM - Neighbors claim MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY returned to residence that morning after questioning (19)
  • 6:00PM - arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - BioDad on his way from out of town to help search (18@1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
search incl. phone data, ponds with waders and poles

• 10:00AM - ChiefJH gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
  • [TIME] ReporterBB(WSAV) requests bodycam video from responding officers to the missing persons call (28) - xrf Mon Oct 10
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)
Sun Oct 9: DAY FIVE
  • 9:34AM - CCPD update on SM - "re-canvassing some specific areas" along with FBI (24)
  • 2:03PM - CCPD update on SM with poster & tip line (26)
Mon Oct 10: DAY SIX
  • 8:58AM - CCPD update on SM - "no overnight developments," will have presser at 2PM (27)
  • 10:53AM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts that request for body cam footage has been denied by county attorney "due to an ongoing criminal prosecution and investigation" (28) - xref Fri Oct 7
  • 12:10AM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts that county attorney claims clerical error on previous statement, now held "due to ongoing law enforcement investigation" (29) - xref Fri Oct 7
  • 1:21PM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts video of LE with "at least 11 police cars" using a pump to drain the pool at the residence. (30)
  • 2:28PM - ChiefJH spoke at police presser: over 40 FBI agents supporting investigation as requested by CCPD (31@0:40) - "don't have anything confirmed... looking at criminal investigation aspect" but "everybody is being looked at" (31@1:54) - went back to re-search home today (31@3:53) - "can't answer" if family members continue to be cooperative (31@5:30) - do not know where MomLS & MomsBoyfriendDY are currently but ChiefJH believes they have been staying at residence (31@5:53) - feels they have gotten further along in investigation but can't give specifics (31@7:25) - BioDad not a suspect (31@9:06)
  • 3:08PM - Chatham Fire Dept at residence with hose trucks, presumably to assist in draining swimming pool (33)
  • 4:06PM - Police and First Responders have left residence (33)
  • 4:32PM - Q's family has returned to residence, declines to speak to journalist (33)
SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) Reporter @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)
(24) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 9)
(25) Search for Missing Toddler Quinton Simon enters fifth day, VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 9)
(26) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 9)
(27) ChathamCounty PD FB psot (Oct 10)
(28) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)
(29) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10
(30) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)
(31) ChathamCounty PD FB VIDEO (Oct 10)
(32) Search for missing Georgia toddler Quinton Simon continues VIDEO (NBC - Oct 10)
(33) Reporter @sheaschrader tweet thread (Oct 10)
Thank you @wnk
Your TIMELINE is now 1st on the new thread made for Quinton for
Timeline/ Media/Maps-No Discussion

Thank you Mods/ WS for starting this thread !!!

You can update your timeline here in this special thread :)

Last edited:
bringing forward, I didn't see it here but I may have missed it.
Investigators used a pump to drain the swimming pool in the backyard of Quinton’s grandparents’ home. That pool and the home are two of the places Chatham County Investigators and federal agents are searching again.
Video from the same news source
Must have been a mighty dirty pool. Now they are looking at the pool a second time?

The baby sitter said she got up at 5am as the children are normally dropped off between 5:30-6am.
I am presuming they have to go there at that hour as that’s when the boyfriend heads to work and drops them off.
Does Leilani have a job too? I presume not as the sitter said she sometimes sees her on the porch smoking and she ducks and hides.
I just think that’s very early to take children to a child minder and very generous start time for $30 per day, and sometimes being asked to keep them until 6pm.
My mother was a child minder when I was little and the little boys mum dropped him in about 8am and I remember just enough time for a bit of tv and a snack before setting off to drop me into school. 5:30am is like the middle of the night. To me anyway.
Can someone just clarify if I’m correct or not? The kids go home into the care of Leilani and boyfriend in the evening and overnight and back to the sitter at 5:30am. Grandma works out of town and doesn’t return home in the week ? Or does she usually but didn’t this one night ? Seems wierd. If you aren’t fit to care for kids during the day you aren’t fit at night either. IMO JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member